Living with Serena

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Living with Serena

Postby Skelaturi » Tue, 15Jul07 18:35

Oh shit! In the middle of dinner I just realized how classless that was of me to post in this thread without starting out by saying: I loved "Living with Serena".
First off, the visuals are awesome! ikmakesmeblush, I love your work and I love your username, and the rumor that you are, in real life, an incredibly gorgeous, young female architect who is engaged to be married to one of the other illustrators makes your art all the more exhilarating. (But that may just be a rumor, I will say again).
Agrippa, I think you wrote a great character and great dialogue and I really enjoyed the story.

When I say that the story in Seducing the Throne is different, I mean that we expanded the boundaries in terms of the kinds of stories we could fit into to the stat-building/time-limit format.

God, I'm an idiot sometimes. That's what happens when you drink wine before you are even done making dinner... on a weeknight...

noone mentioned anything here about what you just said about forgetting something. Is there something else you want to tell us...

cause at the moment, i atleast feel like. some certain engaged female architect has slapped you at the back of your head this morning, cause you forgot to say i love it
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

sex: Masculine

Postby iksanabot » Tue, 15Jul07 22:14

Skelaturi wrote:
Oh shit! In the middle of dinner I just realized how classless that was of me to post in this thread without starting out by saying: I loved "Living with Serena".
First off, the visuals are awesome! ikmakesmeblush, I love your work and I love your username, and the rumor that you are, in real life, an incredibly gorgeous, young female architect who is engaged to be married to one of the other illustrators makes your art all the more exhilarating. (But that may just be a rumor, I will say again).
Agrippa, I think you wrote a great character and great dialogue and I really enjoyed the story.

When I say that the story in Seducing the Throne is different, I mean that we expanded the boundaries in terms of the kinds of stories we could fit into to the stat-building/time-limit format.

God, I'm an idiot sometimes. That's what happens when you drink wine before you are even done making dinner... on a weeknight...

noone mentioned anything here about what you just said about forgetting something. Is there something else you want to tell us...

cause at the moment, i atleast feel like. some certain engaged female architect has slapped you at the back of your head this morning, cause you forgot to say i love it

:) I can see how you might think that, but no, I've never met itmakesmeblush. I say rumor because someone, somewhere between here, the LOP blog, DeviantArt or some other forum once mentioned to me (or the whole forum) that they knew her and that she was super, super, super hot. I say rumor because I can't verify, but I believe it, and I love believing it.
Me, I'm already married, and my wife is super, super, super hot, but not an architect, and not working for LOP (though I wish she would help me more than just the occasional blowjob she gives me when the writing process gets me too horny to function...)
:)
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby Morgwen » Wed, 15Jul08 00:04

JellyBelly wrote:He compared the STYLE of Living with Serena with the STYLE of Living with Britney.

He then said the LENGTH of Living with Serena is shorter than Living with Temptation.

Comparing the Style of a game is not the same as comparing how much content the game has.

Where did I say that style is content? I corrected my statement from LwB to LwT (see my 2 post)... and the length of a game IS content... and I said the game isn`t shorter... its MUCH shorter... I just used my words... so what is wrong? :crazy:
Morgwen
lagoon predator

Postby vkalvkal » Wed, 15Jul08 03:16

Brigma wrote:Am I the only one who's getting tired of these 30 day quest games? Seriously, I just checked and including Living with Serena 10 out of 16 LoP gold games are some variation on this theme, as well as Girl with Tattoos over on Sex and Glory. As mediocre as Dignity One was, at least they were attempting something different with that one.

Yeah, I'm tired about it. I always complain about this kinds of games in comments of their blog, but I gave up, since I'm the only one there that finds boring the style of "30 days quest games".

iksanabot wrote:I understand your point, and I have some potentially disappointing news, but also some potentially exciting news - for people who share your point of view.

First, the disappointing news. Seducing the Throne is based on the City of Love format, with a set number of days and some stats grinding. This, I guess, will make you groan a little bit, but I must add that the game is full of very hot scenes and the story is front and center throughout. I am actually quite proud of it, despite the fact that the format is relatively unoriginal, because I think it raises the bar in terms of story,particularly in how seducing the various girls is key to the plot, and interactions with the various women influence pathways with other women. I also included a one scene that I think is hilarious, and I hope people will have a lot of fun playing it, on top of being crazy-turned on by the scenarios I wrote.

The exciting news is that Living with Temptation 2 does not follow that format at all. There is almost no stat building (none at all really, but it's possible to interpret one aspect as stat building). The story takes place on a vacation in France, and the player simply play through a whole series of scenes running from the plane ride to France, through to leaving. There is some exploration, but mostly it is about making choices in each scene that influence what options are available in subsequent scenes. the one stat-building aspect is that you are visiting your super-rich, competitive-asshole cousin who is trying to seduce both Tracy and Lisa, and you have to make choices that keep you looking like the better man, in front of Tracy especially, but also in front of Lisa if you care about that, and in front of his wife, staff, and a sexy young visitor, if you want to reap the rewards of being the most desirable man in the house.

I didn't have permission to say anything about this yet, so I will not provide any more information, but rest assured, there are great games coming.

I'm disappointed to hear about the mechanics of Seducing the Throne, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for its story.

About LwT 2: now I'm excited! I wasn't looking forward it because I thought it was gonna be another "30 days and grind your stats" kind of game. Hopefully it'll mark a new era to LOP and they'll start making less games with the same mechanics as City of Love and Johnny Bullet. Gameplay wise, Trip to Paradise is my favorite gold game so far. Story wise, Eleanor and Living with Temptation are my favorites (I have a cheating fetish, so I love Eleanor. In LwT, the cuckold ending was my favorite), but the gameplay is a big disappointment for me.
vkalvkal
great white shark

Postby icehaku » Wed, 15Jul08 05:01

I understand your point, and I have some potentially disappointing news, but also some potentially exciting news - for people who share your point of view.

First, the disappointing news. Seducing the Throne is based on the City of Love format, with a set number of days and some stats grinding. This, I guess, will make you groan a little bit, but I must add that the game is full of very hot scenes and the story is front and center throughout. I am actually quite proud of it, despite the fact that the format is relatively unoriginal, because I think it raises the bar in terms of story,particularly in how seducing the various girls is key to the plot, and interactions with the various women influence pathways with other women. I also included a one scene that I think is hilarious, and I hope people will have a lot of fun playing it, on top of being crazy-turned on by the scenarios I wrote.

The exciting news is that Living with Temptation 2 does not follow that format at all. There is almost no stat building (none at all really, but it's possible to interpret one aspect as stat building). The story takes place on a vacation in France, and the player simply play through a whole series of scenes running from the plane ride to France, through to leaving. There is some exploration, but mostly it is about making choices in each scene that influence what options are available in subsequent scenes. the one stat-building aspect is that you are visiting your super-rich, competitive-asshole cousin who is trying to seduce both Tracy and Lisa, and you have to make choices that keep you looking like the better man, in front of Tracy especially, but also in front of Lisa if you care about that, and in front of his wife, staff, and a sexy young visitor, if you want to reap the rewards of being the most desirable man in the house.

I didn't have permission to say anything about this yet, so I will not provide any more information, but rest assured, there are great games coming.

Now I'm really excited for LWT2! I can't wait!

But back on topic, has anyone figured out what ending 1 is? I can't seem to get it or the "true love swallows" achievement
Last edited by icehaku on Wed, 15Jul08 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
icehaku
great white shark

Postby Pennel » Wed, 15Jul08 06:30

icehaku wrote:But back on topic, has anyone figured out what ending 1 is? I can't seem to get it or the "true love swallows" achievement

Ending 1 is just the bad ending. Just sleep everyday to get it fast.
Pennel
great white shark

Postby andPS2 » Wed, 15Jul08 08:58

can anyone help me with getting the winter is coming and true love swallows achievements ?
thanks
andPS2
lagoon predator

Postby Gio » Wed, 15Jul08 09:41

great game love it :)

for winter is coming just feed her ice cream whenever you can :) o at least thats what i did and got it

for the other didnt get it yesterday maybe ill try later

Spoilers please! Lou
Gio
great white shark

Postby danigonz » Wed, 15Jul08 11:11

My suscription expired months ago, and that Sci-Fi game wasn't appealing anough for renewing it.
But I think Serena deserves a chance: I'm also a bit bored of the raising-stats-during-a-period-of-time type of game. But I find Serena's design extremely HOT. That long hair, that soft expression... Yes: I'm saying I'm going to play it only for the graphics. A little perv, I know ;-)
danigonz
lagoon predator

Postby Venom » Wed, 15Jul08 12:56

I must say that i'm disappointed with the lasted games that the LOP-Team brings out. I do know that you can only bring out a certain amount of mechanical newsies before the creativity runs out.

In my honest opinion LOP-teams only strong point these days in the graphical finesse, but they lack on the aspects of mechanics of the game and the storyline. As mentioned before mechanical iterations can be hard but as mentioned earlier in this topic is seems that most games are iterations or variations on already existing platforms and i do get the feeling that the achievements, statgrinding, multiple endings, not saying what you need for certain interactions and time-limits are only there to artificially lengthen the game and create re-playable value. Don't get me wrong I do like RPG's but for me the storyline, mechanics are more important that the graphics itself, i need to have a certain connection with the main character and being sucked into the story, bonus points for some plot twists. What i'm trying to say is that you guys should wore on the storyline of the games.

It would be interesting to see LOPTeam team-up (pun intended) with some of people around here who make the html games which are known to have a higher storyline value but sometimes lack the graphical value, but in my honest opinion that isn't going to be case for long, speaking from the most recent releases.
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby danigonz » Wed, 15Jul08 13:16

Venom wrote:It would be interesting to see LOPTeam team-up (pun intended) with some of people around here who make the html games which are known to have a higher storyline value but sometimes lack the graphical value, but in my honest opinion that isn't going to be case for long, speaking from the most recent releases.

Let's say it clearly: a LOP- Tlaero team up could be mind blowing!
danigonz
lagoon predator

Postby Venom » Wed, 15Jul08 16:34

That could be indeed quite interesting to say the least
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby icehaku » Wed, 15Jul08 21:25

I have to respectfully disagree. The html games here have pretty boring storylines and everything is super vanilla. They may be unique but none of them present the stories in a way that is engaging and the mechanics of the games are always super frustrating. I would much rather have LOP games remain independent.
icehaku
great white shark

Postby TeineWolf » Wed, 15Jul08 23:08

danigonz wrote:
Venom wrote:It would be interesting to see LOPTeam team-up (pun intended) with some of people around here who make the html games which are known to have a higher storyline value but sometimes lack the graphical value, but in my honest opinion that isn't going to be case for long, speaking from the most recent releases.

Let's say it clearly: a LOP- Tlaero team up could be mind blowing!

I say keep them apart. If a player doesn't like a Tlaero game, because it's too tame. Then to be honest, that's too bad. I am guessing Tlaero isn't making a living off her work. She doing it, because she likes what she is doing. She is creating games, and characters, she likes. And in turn her fans (like me), love her work. ArianeB is similar.

This is not say there shouldn't be edgier html games, or hard core action. If a person has a concept, and they are willing to write it. Then perhaps they might be able to find an artist, that is willing to cater to the more hard core edge. The html community here is insanely helpful. So a person wanting an edgier game, should be able to create one.
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

Postby kessie8yl » Wed, 15Jul08 23:38

Brigma wrote:Am I the only one who's getting tired of these 30 day quest games? Seriously, I just checked and including Living with Serena 10 out of 16 LoP gold games are some variation on this theme, as well as Girl with Tattoos over on Sex and Glory. As mediocre as Dignity One was, at least they were attempting something different with that one.

I tend to agree. LoP has ploughed this furrow a little too often, it's about time they freshened things up a little.

Not only that but having to replay the same scenes over and over just to try clicking on one different option has always been a chore - that doesn't get any more exciting with each successive game. At very least remove the 30 day restriction and make it possible to achieve all possible endings (achievements) without restarting.

If I hadn't been totally bored I wouldn't have bothered paying for this subscription for the sake of one new game.. Having played it I'm hardly less bored than I was before, just a few pounds poorer.. I'll be even less inclined to reach for my wallet when the next one comes out.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games