Living with Serena

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Living with Serena

Postby dhans7776 » Mon, 15Jul06 17:28

Has any one played this yet? Just curious. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
dhans7776
great white shark

Re: Living with Serena

Postby Marduk99 » Mon, 15Jul06 19:37

I did. I think it is quite good. In the style of Living with Britney I would say. Shorter than Living with Temptation. You are on a tight schedule so will be hard to get all the achievements in one run.
Marduk99
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby Morgwen » Mon, 15Jul06 19:51

Marduk99 wrote:I did. I think it is quite good. In the style of Living with Britney I would say. Shorter than Living with Temptation. You are on a tight schedule so will be hard to get all the achievements in one run.

To compare Living with Serena with LwB is like comparing a bicyle with a monster truck... its shorter, there aren`t many options... only one romance...

its not worth to spend money on... this game is filling a gap for members who have already paid... save your money until the next "big" release!!!
Morgwen
lagoon predator

Postby JellyBelly » Tue, 15Jul07 01:28

Morgwen wrote:
Marduk99 wrote:I did. I think it is quite good. In the style of Living with Britney I would say. Shorter than Living with Temptation. You are on a tight schedule so will be hard to get all the achievements in one run.

To compare Living with Serena with LwB is like comparing a bicyle with a monster truck... its shorter, there aren`t many options... only one romance...

its not worth to spend money on... this game is filling a gap for members who have already paid... save your money until the next "big" release!!!

Well the base version of LwB was small. It wasn't as small LwS but it wasn't a "monster truck." The two expansions LwB got turned it into a "monster truck"

Plus he was talking about the style not the length of the game when he compared it to LwB.
JellyBelly
sirens hunter

sex: Female

Postby Morgwen » Tue, 15Jul07 03:19

JellyBelly wrote:Well the base version of LwB was small. It wasn't as small LwS but it wasn't a "monster truck." The two expansions LwB got turned it into a "monster truck"

Plus he was talking about the style not the length of the game when he compared it to LwB.

I realized that he compared it with LwT not LwB... and the base game from LwT is at least a van... besides I didn`t read something like LwS is like the base game of LwT...

so its bycilce against monster truck...
Morgwen
lagoon predator

Postby JellyBelly » Tue, 15Jul07 05:49

Morgwen wrote:
JellyBelly wrote:Well the base version of LwB was small. It wasn't as small LwS but it wasn't a "monster truck." The two expansions LwB got turned it into a "monster truck"

I realized that he compared it with LwT not LwB... and the base game from LwT is at least a van... besides I didn`t read something like LwS is like the base game of LwT...

so its bycilce against monster truck...

I think you need to reread because you're still misunderstanding what was said.

He compared the STYLE of Living with Serena with the STYLE of Living with Britney.

He then said the LENGTH of Living with Serena is shorter than Living with Temptation.

Comparing the Style of a game is not the same as comparing how much content the game has.
JellyBelly
sirens hunter

sex: Female

Postby Brigma » Tue, 15Jul07 07:14

Am I the only one who's getting tired of these 30 day quest games? Seriously, I just checked and including Living with Serena 10 out of 16 LoP gold games are some variation on this theme, as well as Girl with Tattoos over on Sex and Glory. As mediocre as Dignity One was, at least they were attempting something different with that one.
Brigma
lagoon predator

Postby fensome7 » Tue, 15Jul07 12:41

Brigma wrote:As mediocre as Dignity One was, at least they were attempting something different with that one.

It might be that because they attempted something new and it received alot of negativity (or at least I only ever seen negative comments), that they now feel a bit discouraged in attempting to expand/improve that style or to move on something different. I mean, LwT and Eleanor were very well received and so were the expansions and then to suddenly to have Dignity One turn out like it was after the time and effort spent on it, that's surely got to knock you down a lot (I would be).
fensome7
great white shark

Postby dhans7776 » Tue, 15Jul07 16:05

agreed fensome7.
dhans7776
great white shark

Postby Sartain » Tue, 15Jul07 16:52

fensome7 wrote:
Brigma wrote:As mediocre as Dignity One was, at least they were attempting something different with that one.

It might be that because they attempted something new and it received alot of negativity (or at least I only ever seen negative comments), that they now feel a bit discouraged in attempting to expand/improve that style or to move on something different. I mean, LwT and Eleanor were very well received and so were the expansions and then to suddenly to have Dignity One turn out like it was after the time and effort spent on it, that's surely got to knock you down a lot (I would be).

But it wasn't really the lack of a 30-day time limit that made Dignity One a poor game. It was the overall design.
Sartain
sirens hunter

Postby katakana132 » Tue, 15Jul07 16:56

Eh, all games have their fans and their detractors... None are perfect for every player and that just makes things interesting.

I am having trouble finding the last 2 stars for the Sex in Public achievement. Anyone been able to get this one?
katakana132
lagoon predator

Postby fensome7 » Tue, 15Jul07 17:25

Sartain wrote:But it wasn't really the lack of a 30-day time limit that made Dignity One a poor game. It was the overall design.

It was the overall design. Yet, trying to think about it from their point of view. When it's receiving so much criticism and negative feedback, a large part of you has got to think "So people didn't like this." rather than sifting through all of it and picking out what could be improved or what a small number did like and then developing it for a new game, You probably would just think to yourself "scrap it and we'll just stick with what works." Which may explain why they have stuck with the 30-day limit.
fensome7
great white shark

Postby iksanabot » Tue, 15Jul07 17:41

Brigma wrote:Am I the only one who's getting tired of these 30 day quest games? Seriously, I just checked and including Living with Serena 10 out of 16 LoP gold games are some variation on this theme, as well as Girl with Tattoos over on Sex and Glory. As mediocre as Dignity One was, at least they were attempting something different with that one.

I understand your point, and I have some potentially disappointing news, but also some potentially exciting news - for people who share your point of view.

First, the disappointing news. Seducing the Throne is based on the City of Love format, with a set number of days and some stats grinding. This, I guess, will make you groan a little bit, but I must add that the game is full of very hot scenes and the story is front and center throughout. I am actually quite proud of it, despite the fact that the format is relatively unoriginal, because I think it raises the bar in terms of story,particularly in how seducing the various girls is key to the plot, and interactions with the various women influence pathways with other women. I also included a one scene that I think is hilarious, and I hope people will have a lot of fun playing it, on top of being crazy-turned on by the scenarios I wrote.

The exciting news is that Living with Temptation 2 does not follow that format at all. There is almost no stat building (none at all really, but it's possible to interpret one aspect as stat building). The story takes place on a vacation in France, and the player simply play through a whole series of scenes running from the plane ride to France, through to leaving. There is some exploration, but mostly it is about making choices in each scene that influence what options are available in subsequent scenes. the one stat-building aspect is that you are visiting your super-rich, competitive-asshole cousin who is trying to seduce both Tracy and Lisa, and you have to make choices that keep you looking like the better man, in front of Tracy especially, but also in front of Lisa if you care about that, and in front of his wife, staff, and a sexy young visitor, if you want to reap the rewards of being the most desirable man in the house.

I didn't have permission to say anything about this yet, so I will not provide any more information, but rest assured, there are great games coming.
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby Skelaturi » Tue, 15Jul07 18:00

no permission to say any of that? Owh Leo is so gonna be mad at you. I am not <3 the openiss
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby iksanabot » Tue, 15Jul07 18:26

iksanabot wrote:
Brigma wrote:Am I the only one who's getting tired of these 30 day quest games? Seriously, I just checked and including Living with Serena 10 out of 16 LoP gold games are some variation on this theme, as well as Girl with Tattoos over on Sex and Glory. As mediocre as Dignity One was, at least they were attempting something different with that one.

I understand your point, and I have some potentially disappointing news, but also some potentially exciting news - for people who share your point of view.

First, the disappointing news. Seducing the Throne is based on the City of Love format, with a set number of days and some stats grinding. This, I guess, will make you groan a little bit, but I must add that the game is full of very hot scenes and the story is front and center throughout. I am actually quite proud of it, despite the fact that the format is relatively unoriginal, because I think it raises the bar in terms of story,particularly in how seducing the various girls is key to the plot, and interactions with the various women influence pathways with other women. I also included a one scene that I think is hilarious, and I hope people will have a lot of fun playing it, on top of being crazy-turned on by the scenarios I wrote.

The exciting news is that Living with Temptation 2 does not follow that format at all. There is almost no stat building (none at all really, but it's possible to interpret one aspect as stat building). The story takes place on a vacation in France, and the player simply play through a whole series of scenes running from the plane ride to France, through to leaving. There is some exploration, but mostly it is about making choices in each scene that influence what options are available in subsequent scenes. the one stat-building aspect is that you are visiting your super-rich, competitive-asshole cousin who is trying to seduce both Tracy and Lisa, and you have to make choices that keep you looking like the better man, in front of Tracy especially, but also in front of Lisa if you care about that, and in front of his wife, staff, and a sexy young visitor, if you want to reap the rewards of being the most desirable man in the house.

I didn't have permission to say anything about this yet, so I will not provide any more information, but rest assured, there are great games coming.

Oh shit! In the middle of dinner I just realized how classless that was of me to post in this thread without starting out by saying: I loved "Living with Serena".
First off, the visuals are awesome! ikmakesmeblush, I love your work and I love your username, and the rumor that you are, in real life, an incredibly gorgeous, young female architect who is engaged to be married to one of the other illustrators makes your art all the more exhilarating. (But that may just be a rumor, I will say again).
Agrippa, I think you wrote a great character and great dialogue and I really enjoyed the story.

When I say that the story in Seducing the Throne is different, I mean that we expanded the boundaries in terms of the kinds of stories we could fit into to the stat-building/time-limit format.

God, I'm an idiot sometimes. That's what happens when you drink wine before you are even done making dinner... on a weeknight...
iksanabot
star of the reef

Next

Return to Other sexy games