Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E07 (2017-12-04)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Brad's Erotic Week - S 01, E 01 & 02 (2015-04-06 Patch)

Postby ut1stgear1 » Thu, 15May07 22:59

Speaking of choosing wisely. I have 78 saved positions right now. I know I don't need that many but am having a hard time deciding which ones to delete. I know you are working on the save system so is there a way to edit a save without having to go back all the way to that point. I ask because I sometimes mistype what the save is and don't catch it until I am at a different point and have lost the save point trying to make it clearer to what I was saving. If that doesn't make sense then let me know. Just want to be able to edit the save without losing it or saving it at a different place.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby karrek » Thu, 15May07 23:52

Save your current position, load the save you want to rename, without doing anything go to the menu and click save, select the save with the incorrect title, a dialog box will pop up to edit the title, correct the title and click okay, then reload the save for your current position.

Not the smoothest process, but it works.
karrek
lagoon predator

Postby ut1stgear1 » Fri, 15May08 03:52

karrek wrote:Save your current position, load the save you want to rename, without doing anything go to the menu and click save, select the save with the incorrect title, a dialog box will pop up to edit the title, correct the title and click okay, then reload the save for your current position.

Not the smoothest process, but it works.

Thought of that but my problem is that I have more than one save for each path depending on choices I made so I would have to reload each save along that path. They are sequential so I could reload at what I felt were decisions that led to say "Whether to follow Emily alone or both Faith and Emily" I would save at this point and then have other saves down each path until I exhausted that path. Thus the delema of which ones to delete. Your way would work except the saves would be out of sequence and harder to find.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

Postby Orinks » Fri, 15May08 21:48

Hello,
I just wanted to say how cool I thought this game is. Imagine my surprise when I found out it was totally accessible to blind users... except not quite.
The only problem I'm having with this game is that everything that is conversations I have no problem with. This is because the dialogue is labled with what Brad will say. However, anything that is not conversations, for instance, such as choosing to go to the bar or strip club, isn't labled. While I figured out that the first choice was the bar and second choice was the club, the resulting conversation I had with Faith at the bar could've gone better. In the day recap, it says I missed stuff because I clicked on random unlabled choices that I didn't know what they did.
Wolfshadow, I'd love it if you can go and lable these choices with alt text, similar to conversations. This would make the game, so far as I can tell, 100 percent accessible to the blind, and then I'd feel better sharing it with the blind gaming community.
There's always save slots and I've saved a quick game before choosing the bar or club, but I'd rather not do that every time my game ends poorly because I didn't know what I clicked on.
Thanks!
Edit: Just wanted to say that a number of these choices are in the intro as well, one or two at least. Looking at the Aif sands Mystery walkthrough, that would appear to be the case.
Orinks
Pilot fish

Postby Wolfschadowe » Fri, 15May08 22:44

ut1stgear1 wrote:Thought of that but my problem is that I have more than one save for each path depending on choices I made so I would have to reload each save along that path.
I'm not sure how successful it will be to maintain the sequencing, but you can always try to export your save games. Search for the save game name in the export file, and correct it there. Then import the saves. IF you try that though, I'd make a copy of the original export just in case. You don't want to accidentally corrupt all the saves. :)

Orinks wrote:...Wolfshadow, I'd love it if you can go and lable these choices with alt text, similar to conversations...
I'll look into this. Maybe have something as early as the next episode. No promises on the timing though, but It's something I'd be happy to do. What's one of the most common browsers for the blind? Maybe I can see about making the game fully compatible with it...or at least, mostly compatible. I don't have time or resources to go fully Section 508 compliant. ;)

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby ut1stgear1 » Sat, 15May09 03:59

Wolfschadowe wrote:
ut1stgear1 wrote:Thought of that but my problem is that I have more than one save for each path depending on choices I made so I would have to reload each save along that path.
I'm not sure how successful it will be to maintain the sequencing, but you can always try to export your save games. Search for the save game name in the export file, and correct it there. Then import the saves. IF you try that though, I'd make a copy of the original export just in case. You don't want to accidentally corrupt all the saves. :)

Not sure it will playing playing it online. Tried to DL the game but couldn't unzip it, comp issues-old machine and seem to have lost some of my file structure. Will give it a try and if it doesn't work the saves should still be intact in the game.

edit: export works but crates too large a file to edit in Notepad. Need a new eye script so to hard to read. Can read it but strains my eyes. Will leave as is in game and ignore the mistakes. Not that many anyway. One I can do with no problem by just loading it and save it with corrections. thx again. I should be able to work with what I have. May even to figure out some that I can delete.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

Postby Orinks » Sat, 15May09 07:27

Hi Wolfshadow,
We use the same browsers as everyone else. My browser of choice is Firefox on Windows. I also use Safari on the Mac.
Using this game with Firefox seems to work pretty good.
Orinks
Pilot fish

Postby anggus » Wed, 15May13 02:05

Wolfschadowe wrote:

Orinks wrote:...Wolfshadow, I'd love it if you can go and lable these choices with alt text, similar to conversations...
I'll look into this. Maybe have something as early as the next episode. No promises on the timing though, but It's something I'd be happy to do. What's one of the most common browsers for the blind? Maybe I can see about making the game fully compatible with it...or at least, mostly compatible. I don't have time or resources to go fully Section 508 compliant. ;)

Wolfschadowe

Hi! Just wanted to say:
1. Thanks for making such a phenomenal game, especially considering this appears to be your first foray into this kind of project(?)
2. It's awesome that you are making your game accessible to those with visual disabilities.

Look forward to updates!
anggus
great white shark

Postby Wolfschadowe » Wed, 15May13 15:27

anggus wrote:Hi! Just wanted to say:
1. Thanks for making such a phenomenal game, especially considering this appears to be your first foray into this kind of project(?)
2. It's awesome that you are making your game accessible to those with visual disabilities...
Thanks anggus!
1. Yup, this is my first game, and in hindsight, I should have made it smaller. :)
2. Not that big of a deal. It's a small thing and if it allows a few more people to enjoy the game, visually impaired or not, I'm all for it. I think Kexter scripted it in 20-30 minutes. If It's not already live under hotfix mode, it will be with the next episode.

Probably won't be another patch for Episode 2 as I'm about to "lock" the code on the public branch to convert it to Episode 3 in preparation for localization and testing.

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby ut1stgear1 » Fri, 15May15 01:58

Wolfschadowe wrote:
anggus wrote:Hi! Just wanted to say:
2. It's awesome that you are making your game accessible to those with visual disabilities...
Thanks anggus!
1. Yup, this is my first game, and in hindsight, I should have made it smaller. :)
2. Not that big of a deal. It's a small thing and if it allows a few more people to enjoy the game, visually impaired or not, I'm all for it. I think Kexter scripted it in 20-30 minutes. If It's not already live under hotfix mode, it will be with the next episode.

Probably won't be another patch for Episode 2 as I'm about to "lock" the code on the public branch to convert it to Episode 3 in preparation for localization and testing.

Wolfschadowe

Looks like everything is on schedule or maybe a little ahead. Looking forward to episode 3.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

Postby Wolfschadowe » Fri, 15May15 15:51

ut1stgear1 wrote:Looks like everything is on schedule or maybe a little ahead. Looking forward to episode 3.
Yep. Still on target for the June 8th release of EP3
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby athossico » Sat, 15May16 06:32

Wolfschadowe wrote:Yep. Still on target for the June 8th release of EP3

[img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
athossico
great white shark

Postby BlueManX » Sun, 15May17 10:21

Every day I'm checking this thread in the hope that you're ahead of your release date.

Are the other parts of the game progressing as well or are they on total hold until ep3 at the office is done?
BlueManX
Pilot fish

Postby ut1stgear1 » Sun, 15May17 13:37

Wolfshadowe wrote:
ut1stgear1 wrote:...if he isn' t worried and has decided to develop the game following our choices it's better for each of us to vote according each taste...
Just a note...Game development and story is set. The voting is for sequence only. The only content related votes are the three inclusion votes that will come about on rotations.

...Getting caught up....

Wolfschadowe

I believe that this means the game is complete to a large amount but as the releases come out work still has to be done to refine the graphics and make any improvements or fixes that have come to wolfshadoe's attention or refine any parts such as the achievement and save systems that may be needed. This with the exception of any inclusion episodes. I seem to remember an earlier post that most of the coding is already done and that gives wolfshadowe the opportunity to take his time in refining what the new episode is and improve on what is already a great piece of work. Let me know if I have it right or where I missed something.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

Postby Wolfschadowe » Sun, 15May17 21:20

BlueManX wrote:Every day I'm checking this thread in the hope that you're ahead of your release date.

Are the other parts of the game progressing as well or are they on total hold until ep3 at the office is done?
Other parts of the game are progressing fairly well. I haven't had as much time over the last few weeks as I'd like to work on the game, but that's why I have a buffer also.

ut1stgear1 wrote:... I seem to remember an earlier post that most of the coding is already done and that gives wolfshadowe the opportunity to take his time in refining what the new episode is and improve on what is already a great piece of work. Let me know if I have it right or where I missed something.
Close. To clarify, the overall storyline and major paths for the game are written. The voting doesn't influence what happens next, but only what content is released next. Depending on how voting goes, Episode 3 is done. Episode 4 is done (so long as it's not an inclusion), but needs the conversion to episode structure to be finalized. Episode 5 is also done, except for the same finalization...or half rendered for some other voting options. Episode 6 gets complicated as it depends on how voting goes. In some cases it's currently half-done, in other cases, it's still in outline form.

So think of it as a youtube video. The full game is 3 seasons long, Assume 10-15 episodes per season, although that depends on episode sizing. Current progress watching the video is at about Season 1 EP 2/3, the buffer line is about EP 5/6, and the video end line is way down the line. :)

The formal playtesters are currently working on EP8 or so, again it depends on vote order and sizing. It will likely end up being closer to EP6 so that I'm not throwing a lot of small (100-200 page) episodes out. I haven't been able to generate much new content for the last 3-4 months as we've tweaked the back-end, ironed out the technology, and I've updated my supporting MS Excel models and storyboards, and also wrote some automated testing scripts to validate the main branches. But I've recently got some new content starting to flow and playtesters will get EP5.5 in the next week or so in the form of a new 30 page bonus scene for Mastering Wednesday, and a few weeks or a month later, The first half of one of the Thursday night dates.

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games