Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E07 (2017-12-04)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E06 (2016-09-02)

Postby JFR » Wed, 17Nov29 08:44

FWIW, I have been getting in more often than not this evening. I don't know if that might be because Wolf has already moved some files, freeing up some server space or just luck. My other theory is that folks have gotten discouraged and stopped trying to play the early version and are awaiting the downloadable public release. [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]

Hint for less experienced players of BEW: Be sure to Export your Saves and Achievements (2 separate actions) so you can Import them back into the new version of the game if something goes wrong during installation. That should not be necessary but better to be safe than disappointed.
JFR
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby ut1stgear1 » Wed, 17Nov29 09:14

Just a quick plug or teaser for EP7 for those of you who may have become discouraged or frustrated or just waiting for the downloadable version.
I have had several, yes several, interesting taxi rides playing this so far. Like an idiot I end up doing the same thing expecting a different outcome. Duh.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

Postby JFR » Wed, 17Nov29 09:24

:D :D

There are at least a half dozen paths through that scene, maybe more. I haven't actually counted them. Some of the "endings" are pretty nice. Sometimes the obvious, higher scoring choice isn't always the "best" choice. :roi:
JFR
star of the reef

Postby ut1stgear1 » Wed, 17Nov29 20:01

I think the word has gotten out. It's getting harder and harder to got to the BEW forum now. Don't people ever sleep. My word, [img]images/icones/icon6.gif[/img] so inconsiderate. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

Postby ut1stgear1 » Thu, 17Nov30 05:30

Not sure what is happening. I tried to log into the forum and my virus protection gave an error that the site did not have a verifiable certificate. Before this the forum was showing as secure but now it shows as just a normal site. Any insight.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

Postby JFR » Thu, 17Nov30 06:35

ut1stgear1 wrote:Not sure what is happening. I tried to log into the forum and my virus protection gave an error that the site did not have a verifiable certificate. Before this the forum was showing as secure but now it shows as just a normal site. Any insight.

Don't know what is happening with you but I just logged in after reading this and got in just fine with the "Secure" label. It might have something to do with Wolf migrating the site over to a new server. You might try again. If you still have problems, drop him a note. I'll send a PM as well.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Wolfschadowe » Thu, 17Nov30 07:17

Hello all!

For those of you who are wondering what's going on over on the official BEW forums, the old server has been outgrown and keeps running out of memory. A new, beefier, better host has been located and I am in progress of moving the site. The first attempt to cut over failed, and we just rolled back to the old servers. Sometime in the next 24-48 hours I will try moving to the new servers again.

Expect some wonkiness and wierdness during the transition period.

Some common things you might see:
  • Security Errors saying the certificate isn't valid --> These are expected and can be safely ignored for the next day or so as I get all the certs installed and configured on the new server properly. Despite the scary message from your browser, all it is telling you is that the traffic is not encrypted and don't give your credit card information. (Which I don't want anyway.) :)
  • A wierd download of a text file full of PHP code instead of the expected forum --> Indicates a database failure, and instead of going to the forum webpage, it downloads the source code of the page, similar to right clicking View Source in your browser...except as a download.
  • Bouncing between the old and new server. --> This can be cleared up by pulling up a command prompt [win]+R --> Type CMD --> Press OK --> Type IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS --> Press Enter (This will clear your computers confusion and force it to lookup the web address for the latest pointers.

I appreciate the patience. Hopefull this will be all worked out before Episode 7 goes to public release on Monday!

Thank you all!

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby ut1stgear1 » Thu, 17Nov30 17:36

Thanks JFR and Wolf. That's exactly what was happening. Haven't checked today but will do the work around if it happens again.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

Postby JFR » Fri, 17Dec01 02:57

FYI - We are now operating the BEW Rocks Forum on our new server and it looks good. Hopefully the inability to access the forum due to server overload is a thing of the past. There may still be a little weirdness here and there as we get things tuned up and running the way they should but the dreaded "Oops ..." message should be much less common.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Tao Dude » Fri, 17Dec01 19:23

JFR wrote:FYI - We are now operating the BEW Rocks Forum on our new server and it looks good. Hopefully the inability to access the forum due to server overload is a thing of the past. There may still be a little weirdness here and there as we get things tuned up and running the way they should but the dreaded "Oops ..." message should be much less common.

I went straight into the Forum and bug-tracker sites this evening: the new server looks to be running on Nitro. This past week or so has been a bit random and i have not always manged to get in.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Postby Whiskeydoodle » Mon, 17Dec04 06:21

So, it's the 4th! How long till we can download the game? Where do I have to look! I still can't believe that I the story is finally going to continue! :crazy:
https://t.me/pump_upp
Whiskeydoodle
sirens hunter

Postby JFR » Mon, 17Dec04 06:37

Whiskeydoodle wrote:So, it's the 4th! How long till we can download the game? Where do I have to look! I still can't believe that I the story is finally going to continue! :crazy:

I don't know where you are located but it is still December 3 here. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

The release is scheduled for approximately noon on Monday, December 4, US Pacific time. Wolfschadowe has said to figure on that plus or minus a couple of hours either way. We'll make an announcement here when it is available. The download link on the first page of this thread will be updated to link with the new episode.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Marco6661 » Mon, 17Dec04 08:33

Thank you JFR! [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]

We are some European people very eager to discover this new part... :crazy:
Marco6661
star of the reef

Postby JFR » Mon, 17Dec04 21:32

Folks, please don't try to get into our BEW forum for now, looking for the new episode. I am not sure what happened but we had a huge number of folks logging in and it seems to have broken our new server.

I'll post again when we get it fixed. It has just been one thing after another lately. I need a drink - and it is only a little after noon. :(
JFR
star of the reef

Postby noskcaj » Mon, 17Dec04 21:40

JFR wrote:Folks, please don't try to get into our BEW forum for now, looking for the new episode. I am not sure what happened but we had a huge number of folks logging in and it seems to have broken our new server.

I'll post again when we get it fixed. It has just been one thing after another lately. I need a drink - and it is only a little after noon. :(

I think you are asking for the impossible. Best way to fix your server is to post the game in other forum, like this one, in orrder to try to redirect the traffic.
noskcaj
sirens hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games