Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E07 (2017-12-04)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E06 (2016-09-02)

Postby ut1stgear1 » Tue, 17Sep12 20:45

Since "close" is such a relative term let's do some simple math. We are now at a year for a release that was originally slated for six months to do three inclusions of six months each. So we are right on track for making the 18 month deadline. So anytime before that should be considered as ahead of schedule. Maybe even way ahead of schedule. lol sorry couldn't get the emoticon to work.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby darkefire » Tue, 17Sep12 23:27

JFR wrote:
darkefire wrote:How was this ever slated for a "before summer" release if there's still this much work needed in mid-September? I brought up Star Citizen earlier not just to poke a bit of fun but because BEW is also starting to get a serious stench of feature creep. Did we really need a dozen different women to juggle in a single game, rather than focus on three or four in a much tighter story? The more you broaden your scope, the more you allow players to see the gaps in a narrative.

As for the unreasonably early expectations for this release, Wolf had a staff of artists, writers and play testers who probably could have gotten the work done by late spring/early summer. Then he lost all but a few. This has been a recurring problem. Volunteers apply and start work but then find out just how much work is really involved in a project this big. Several of them worked for awhile and contributed to the game but then just disappeared into ether, never to be seen or heard from again. One of the hazards of depending on volunteers who work for a limited stipend and only identify with online handles. ;)

The folks who remain are really dedicated and have been doing yeoman work but the fact is that 3 or 4 people just can't do the work of 10. That means the release date just has to keep slipping to allow time for the smaller team to get all the work done.

Regarding the addition of more love interests, that has been a debate since the beginning. I will admit to being on the side advocating to just stay with the original 5 potential romantic partners back when the question was put to the patrons. That was a minority opinion and the vote strongly supported going to the full 8 as proposed. It was also decided by vote to do ALL of the additions at once rather than trickle them in one at a time. The major deciding factor there was the possibility of losing all earlier save-games and having to deal with repeated disruptions to the release schedule instead of just one big disruption. The save-game problem was solved but the "one big disruption" turned into the current horrendously long delay in finishing the "inclusions issue." That is where we are with Episode 7. Once it is finally finished, the team can concentrate more on reasonably sized future episodes which will release much more often than this episode from hell. I think everyone realizes that our reach exceeded our grasp a bit on this one but you learn and grow and try not to make the same mistakes going forward.

This has all been just as frustrating for Wolfschadowe as for the loyal gamers who only want play the game. Everyone involved with the project feels badly about it but they are also dedicated to producing the best product they can. It really is getting close.

That's a fair point on staff, it's a shame BEW doesn't pull in enough funding to support a full-time crew. I do wonder sometimes how some of the projects on a certain Patronage site managed to attract enough monthly income to keep growing their respective teams, especially since it seems like the massive influx of cash you need to hire people only comes from regular releases that would require said team. Just gotta get Wolfe to throw in a bunch of incest, anatomically-impossible women and furry fetishes and you'll be rolling in dough! ;)

Then again, given the Breeding Season mess, you might be better off in the long run without the extra cooks.
darkefire
Pilot fish

Postby Greyelf » Wed, 17Sep13 20:13

darkefire wrote:Just gotta get Wolfe to throw in a bunch of incest, anatomically-impossible women and furry fetishes and you'll be rolling in dough! ;)
You forgot to add the general lack of story line, lack of (real(istic)) character development, and quick access to fap-able material to your list of attributes/requirements. [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby Ncrdrg » Sun, 17Sep17 12:27

The funny thing is that we're on... day 2 or 3?

The scope of this game is massive, with a crapload of choices, which affects nearly everything. I can see why it's taking so long. There are more branches than any game I've ever played. I would advise against including any more dateable characters after the next update. At any rate, hunting the achievements should be fun. It's how I get know some of these branches even exist.
Ncrdrg
great white shark

Postby JFR » Sun, 17Sep17 16:41

Ncrdrg wrote:The funny thing is that we're on... day 2 or 3?

Actually, day 1 (Wed) or in some cases, day 2 (Thur.) [img]kator/smiley19.gif[/img]
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Wolfschadowe » Sun, 17Sep17 17:42

Ncrdrg wrote:I would advise against including any more dateable characters after the next update.
No more...nope...please dear God no, no more. [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]

If I had it all to do over again, I would probably do only 3 women, and then possibly created a second game..and third..etc... On the other hand, I'm having a lot of fun with it, and since it's my hobby, and not my livelihood, fun is the important part for me, so at the end of the day, I have no regrets.

Ncrdrg wrote:At any rate, hunting the achievements should be fun. It's how I get know some of these branches even exist.
This is the primary purpose of the achievements, to indicate that there is more game to be found. In some cases they may seem silly at first, but that silly, seemingly nonsensical achievement may indicate a huge branch later on that could have been missed otherwise.
Ncrdrg wrote:The funny thing is that we're on... day 2 or 3?
Day 2. The game starts on a Wednesday. Keep in mind, some days will progress much faster than others. The story branches then condenses, branches again, condenses, etc..

For an example, think about how it stats at the office, Branches to the Strip club or the Bar, comes back together Thursday morning for the street scene and the first half of the second day at the office, and then branches again. Thursday is a very "wide" day with many branches. Friday will be much narrower, similar to Wednesday. Sunday will be very wide again, and then narrows widening again for the finale on Tuesday. I suspect we have about 6 more episodes for Thursday, taking the total up to about 10 episodes for Thursday. Friday I'm expecting roughly 4 episodes. Saturday will likely have 6 or 7, and Sunday will likely be in the neighborhood of 12. These are just estimates of course. And we all know how bad I am at estimating everything. [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]

Also, after EP7, we will likely be back to normal episode release schedule.
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby Whiskeydoodle » Fri, 17Oct06 07:00

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

How much longer do I have to wait?! I am so craving for this next episode!

Any news on the progress? Am thankful for literally anything!
https://t.me/pump_upp
Whiskeydoodle
sirens hunter

Postby JFR » Fri, 17Oct06 07:32

No dates have been officially set but I am reasonable comfortable saying it will most likely be out by the end of this month. The episode is very close. The beta has not yet been released to testers but judging by the progress board, it should be out to them in the next couple of weeks or so. Once they get it, there will be at least a week of testing to iron out any hidden bugs.

Wolfschadowe released a statement this week addressing this issue, which I'll link below. The tracking software has not been finished but you can get a sense of the rate of completion from his post. I hasten to add that the figures are from a couple of days ago and the time estimates are VERY rough. I think they are very pessimistic as to how much work time is left. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual figure for work time remaining is closer to 60-70% of that shown. And remember, the "hours of work" are man-hours. With the help Wolf has, each person will have a piece of the total.

https://bradseroticweek.rocks/bewbb/vie ... ?f=9&t=407
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Whiskeydoodle » Fri, 17Oct06 10:22

JFR wrote:No dates have been officially set but I am reasonable comfortable saying it will most likely be out by the end of this month. The episode is very close. The beta has not yet been released to testers but judging by the progress board, it should be out to them in the next couple of weeks or so. Once they get it, there will be at least a week of testing to iron out any hidden bugs.

Wolfschadowe released a statement this week addressing this issue, which I'll link below. The tracking software has not been finished but you can get a sense of the rate of completion from his post. I hasten to add that the figures are from a couple of days ago and the time estimates are VERY rough. I think they are very pessimistic as to how much work time is left. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual figure for work time remaining is closer to 60-70% of that shown. And remember, the "hours of work" are man-hours. With the help Wolf has, each person will have a piece of the total.

https://bradseroticweek.rocks/bewbb/vie ... ?f=9&t=407

Thanks for the quick reply and the hopefully good news! :-)
https://t.me/pump_upp
Whiskeydoodle
sirens hunter

Postby JFR » Wed, 17Oct25 17:38

A quick update on a couple of matters.

The BEW Forum website is again having intermittent crashes and failures to properly load. It has been reported to the hosting service. They are claiming it is not their problem and trying to say it is at our end but we are certain it is not. Wolfschadowe is still fighting with them and we are hoping this is just another transitory occurrence and will be corrected soon. The more time he has to spend working on problems like this, the less time he has to work on the game, causing even more slippage in the time it takes to finish the work. The only silver lining is that the developers and testers use another site so they can keep working even when the forum is down.

I have had some success just closing down the site and logging in again. Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 tries. The "Oops, try the Reload button" message is still displaying but that never seems to work. This is extremely frustrating and affecting Wolf, Kexter and me right along with all of our users. [img]images/icones/icon5.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon5.gif[/img]

The other item is that we are going to miss our hoped-for release date (again.) I can see just how close we are from the project board and it looks at least possible that we can get the beta out to testers in the next week or so (I hope, I hope.) If that happens as planned, we would be looking at "Early Release" to patrons in the first week or two of November and general public release around the middle of the month. As always, any dates I give are only semi-educated guesses and subject to change.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby ut1stgear1 » Wed, 17Oct25 19:56

JFR wrote:A quick update on a couple of matters.

The BEW Forum website is again having intermittent crashes and failures to properly load. It has been reported to the hosting service. They are claiming it is not their problem and trying to say it is at our end but we are certain it is not. Wolfschadowe is still fighting with them and we are hoping this is just another transitory occurrence and will be corrected soon. The more time he has to spend working on problems like this, the less time he has to work on the game, causing even more slippage in the time it takes to finish the work. The only silver lining is that the developers and testers use another site so they can keep working even when the forum is down.

Consider this. This is happening all over the internet, not just at BEW. I play an online game daily and it kept disconnecting but I had a solid connection to the WIFI router I use. I check other sites occasionally, this is one, and all of them were doing the same thing. You could log into them but not hold or change pages without reloading. It seems to have been corrected as I write because all of the sites I check or use are working fine now. Edit: So it would not be a BEW or your host issue but a web problem.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

Postby JFR » Wed, 17Oct25 20:11

ut1stgear1 wrote:... It seems to have been corrected as I write because all of the sites I check or use are working fine now. Edit: So it would not be a BEW or your host issue but a web problem.

Yes, it is back working as of now. I have no idea where the problem lies but hopefully will settle down going forward.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby ut1stgear1 » Wed, 17Oct25 20:41

JFR wrote:Yes, it is back working as of now. I have no idea where the problem lies but hopefully will settle down going forward.

Changed locations so I am using a different WIFI and it is working right now. I still think it is/was a systemic web problem. Cross fingers it is fixed.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

Postby JFR » Sat, 17Oct28 04:24

New target dates for Episode 7 have been posted on the forum.

The best info now has the beta being projected for release to testers on or about November 5/6. If that happens, the target for Early Access Patrons would be 11/13 and General Public Release on or about 11/20.

I need to stress that these are targets and not promises. Wolfschadowe likes to do releases on Mondays and is targeting those Mondays. The dates could slide a bit but we are hoping they will stay where they are. The new project tracking software is calculating that approximately 37 hours of writing and programming are left to do. The team will be making a push over the next week or so and I'd think they can get that much done.

I'll try to make another post confirming when I get my beta version.
Last edited by JFR on Mon, 17Oct30 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Affabilis » Sun, 17Oct29 23:03

This is fantastic news. I've been patiently waiting for this game. I'ts just that good.
Affabilis
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games