Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E07 (2017-12-04)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Brad's Erotic Week - Season 1, Episodes 1 & 2 (2015-03-2

Postby M » Sat, 15Mar28 00:35

The descriptions for options two and three are the same.
M
lagoon predator

Postby rafalqw » Sat, 15Mar28 01:54

The game doesn't work on Linux because you are using uppercase letters in file names. On windows it doesn't metter, but on linux there is 404 error, when trying to load:
Code: Select all
BEW/Files/EBS/aoLn1home/n1home006.htm
Sorry for my poor English.
rafalqw
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby Duskward » Sat, 15Mar28 03:37

Another former lurker here that decided to sign up to congratulate you!

You're off to an awesome start here. The characters are well fleshed out, and I love the time you take leading the player through getting to know them all. You're too hard on yourself over the visuals so far- even though they aren't up to your personal standards yet, they're a cut above almost all other first-time developers. Judging by the teaser images you've shown in the 'in development' thread, you're already improving a great deal. I was carried along by the excellently written story and only very rarely got taken out of the moment by an oddly posed image.

I've sank quite a few hours into this already over the past few days, and I look forward to additional content! I can't decide which of the love interest I'm most interested in seeing more of at this point. Emily has a fun dynamic of breaking a shy girl out of her shell, but Faith is adventurous and fun, while I love the unexpected intimacy of Natalie's elite scene.

I had a few questions regarding one ending and an achievement.

I found all of the bar and office endings and content through experimentation and intuition. I've found almost all the content in the club, But I can't for the life of me figure out how to trigger the "lover scorned" ending. I stumbled onto the associated images in the image files for the game and unlocked the achievement accidentally, but can't seem to scorn Natalie enough to trigger them through normal gameplay. (Not that I'm particularly thrilled about scorning her, anyway...). Any guidance for a player going down that path?

As for the second question, is the Master achievement for the club currently unlockable? I think I've accessed every ending besides the aforementioned scorn ending, judging by the progress bar, and even that ending I activated through opening up the raw image files in my search for clues- I figured if that unlocked the achievement it would have triggered progress for that ending as well. (On a related note, I've resolved to not cheat in future episodes by looking in the image files after seeing the associated spoiler for this achievement- would have rather found that naturally... My loss. Cheaters aren't winners, kids.)

Thanks again for the great game! I'm looking forward to the voting for Ep. 3!
Duskward
Pilot fish

Postby Wolfschadowe » Sat, 15Mar28 04:03

rafalqw wrote:The game doesn't work on Linux because you are using uppercase letters in file names. On windows it doesn't metter, but on linux there is 404 error, when trying to load:
BEW/Files/EBS/aoLn1home/n1home006.htm
Crap Monkey! I thought I'd killed all the case sensitivity issues. It's a "fat finger" error on my part. Look for a small patch download in the next day or two that will have this fix and a couple others, such as something to address the Firefox issues reported earlier. Thanks for letting us know rafalqw!

M wrote:The descriptions for options two and three are the same.
Crap Monkey #2. Sorry about that. Updated. Thanks M

Duskward wrote:Another former lurker here that decided to sign up to congratulate you!
Thanks for stepping out to say hi! Glad you are enjoying the game!
Duskward wrote:I've found almost all the content in the club, But I can't for the life of me figure out how to trigger the "lover scorned" ending.
It's possible to turn Natalie down for a private dance and ask for someone else, in some circumstances.

Duskward wrote:As for the second question, is the Master achievement for the club currently unlockable?
Yes. It should fire automatically upon receiving all other club achievements. Although if an achievement was accidentally earned through cheating..It should still work, but all bets are off. If you still have issues, PM me and I'll tell you exactly which achievements are needed.

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Sat, 15Mar28 04:37

Re Linux. Is it that the filenames need to be lower case, or is it that the casing just has to match? If the filename is AFile.htm and the page refers to it as AFile.htm, will it work in Linux? I assume so, but wanted to be sure.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby tsu72 » Sat, 15Mar28 07:04

I can not get the game to play on internet explorer is there something I am doing wrong. I played the the first version no problem. But now I open game it pops up and says click picture to start game I click and nothing happens. Plus picture is off center for some reason I have tried turning off virus protection and firewalls I have also allowed all cookies but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

I just tried it on Chrome and is working it must be something with my internet explorer.
tsu72
Pilot fish

Postby Shepard » Sat, 15Mar28 08:38

Wolfschadowe wrote: Also, the Emily/Natalie debate leads to a good segue, episode three voting information is up on the first page. Voting will begin Monday to give time for any questions. Watch for a poll to appear for the thread next week if interested to vote.
http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3448&p=83068#p83068

Wolfschadowe

Wow, that Azumi episode sounds great(She's my favourite girl in the Citadel, after all). But it also will take longer to be released... The shorter ones will probably move the story along, though. Now I see why you let that decision up to us. Decisions, decisions...

Hey, when you think about it... It is better than Mass Effect even in some sort of meta sense, huh? :na:
Shepard
great white shark

Postby kexter » Sat, 15Mar28 10:30

rafalqw wrote:The game doesn't work on Linux (...)
Thanks for reporting it. A hotfix is available here while the main release is updated. Extract it to your BEW directory (where "Start.htm" is located), overwriting the already existing versions. You know you've done it right if there is a "patchnotes.txt" next to the "readme.txt".

tlaero wrote:Re Linux. Is it that the filenames need to be lower case, or is it that the casing just has to match? If the filename is AFile.htm and the page refers to it as AFile.htm, will it work in Linux? I assume so, but wanted to be sure.
It's just a case-sensitivity issue, your example will work just fine.

Duskward wrote:Although if an achievement was accidentally earned through cheating... It should still work, but all bets are off.
It won't count as unlocked in Firefox but it will in Chrome.

tsu72 wrote:I can not get the game to play on internet explorer is there something I am doing wrong.
Internet Explorer should display a message saying "Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls." (or something like this in your language), and there should be an "Allow blocked content." button there as well - you need to click on that. If this doesn't pop-up then I'm not sure what could be done.
@kextercius
kexter

Postby rafalqw » Sat, 15Mar28 13:12

kexter wrote:Thanks for reporting it. A hotfix is available here while the main release is updated. Extract it to your BEW directory (where "Start.htm" is located), overwriting the already existing versions. You know you've done it right if there is a "patchnotes.txt" next to the "readme.txt".

Thank you for the fix.

And i found another bug. Import/Export saves is broken. It dosen't write full location of the file from which you should restore the game. Example:
There is:
file:///media/zag/Gry/nowe/BEW/Files/d1office002.htm

and it should be:
file:///media/zag/Gry/nowe/BEW/Files/Base/d1office/d1office002.htm
Sorry for my poor English.
rafalqw
Pilot fish

Postby nezumi69 » Sat, 15Mar28 14:22

kexter wrote:Internet Explorer should display a message saying "Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls." (or something like this in your language), and there should be an "Allow blocked content." button there as well - you need to click on that. If this doesn't pop-up then I'm not sure what could be done.

I tried to play on my desktop, which only has IE9 installed, and the message above plus button pops up when I try to launch (background is white.) When I click "Allow blocked...", the launch page graphic displays as tsu72 describes... Picture is off-center and has no clickable links. I figured it was a security setting, but didn't bother trying too hard to figure out which because I have a notebook with Chrome installed that I use to play it.
nezumi69
lagoon predator

Postby kexter » Sat, 15Mar28 14:39

rafalqw wrote:Import/Export saves is broken.
Thanks once again, I've updated the hotfix - you can grab it from the same link as before.
nezumi69 wrote:I tried to play on my desktop, which only has IE9 installed (...)
The game was not designed with IE9 in mind, only IE10 and up is supported. It's sadly a matter of not enough free time for us available to maintain compatibility with every browser we'd like. BEW is targeted at IE10+, and the most recent FF, Chrome, and Opera versions. Safari and Vivaldi should work too, though they are severely untested.
@kextercius
kexter

Postby nezumi69 » Sat, 15Mar28 19:00

Yeah, the main reason I mentioned anything was to show duplicate problems. I expected that it would fail to launch properly under IE9, but the results I got when I tried led me to believe it might still work on IE9, under the correct settings. I didn't intend to suggest IE9 be supported. [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]

Also, just an FYI, but your game works in a similar manner to Chaotic's VDate games. If you cycle through with the TAB key, a border will surround each hotspot or link, one at a time. I'm not suggesting anything can/should be done about this, but thought I'd mention it just in case you didn't know that and wanted to change it if possible.
nezumi69
lagoon predator

Postby bing6541 » Sat, 15Mar28 19:38

For some reason this isn't working for me in IE. I've downloaded with WINRAR. The start file will only open in IE. To begin the game, I am supposed to click on the picture. Clicking does nothing. Do I need a different downloading program? Is there a way to open the file in a different browser? Right-clicking on the start file does not give me an "open with" option.
bing6541
great white shark

Postby kexter » Sat, 15Mar28 19:51

bing6541 wrote:Is there a way to open the file in a different browser? Right-clicking on the start file does not give me an "open with" option.
The easiest way then would possibly be copying the URL from IEs address bar to Chrome or Firefox.
If you have the game unpacked in let's say "C:\Games\BEW" then you should input the following in the addressbar to start it in any browser:
file:///C:/Games/BEW/Start.htm
@kextercius
kexter

Postby Wolfschadowe » Sat, 15Mar28 20:02

Shepard wrote:Wow, that Azumi episode sounds great(She's my favourite girl in the Citadel, after all).
I was always more of a Liara man myself...
Shepard wrote:Hey, when you think about it... It is better than Mass Effect even in some sort of meta sense, huh? :na:
Well, hopefully the ending will be better, at least.

bing6541 wrote:For some reason this isn't working for me in IE. I've downloaded with WINRAR. The start file will only open in IE. To begin the game, I am supposed to click on the picture. Clicking does nothing. Do I need a different downloading program? Is there a way to open the file in a different browser? Right-clicking on the start file does not give me an "open with" option.
IE is a little goofy with local Javascript files. All the browsers have their little quirks of course. In order to get IE to work, when you first start the game you will get a prompt that is essentially asking if you will let the game run. You MUST say yes to this otherwise the browser won't run the Javascript game files. Once you click the image and the new window appears, sometimes you have to ALLOW one more time so that the same Javascript game files will run in the new window.

One of the symtoms that the IE security settings are blocking the game for running is the picture being off center. Also, the purpose of spawning the new window is just to give a clean area for the game to play in. It disables things like the google toolbar, the yahoo toolbar, the askJeeves toolbar and the other three inches of toolbars that always seem to plague my mother-in-laws computer when she calls me over to ask why her "Internet is slow" :crazy: That gives more screen space for the game itself.

The easiest way to open the game in a non-default browser is to simply drag the start.htm file onto an open browser window. This should work in all browsers...at least on Windows. I haven't tried it on Linux or Mac.

Also, the OP has been updated with a patched Full download, and also the Patch link. The patch upgrades the original. The full download contains the patch already for new downloads or for starting fresh.

Thanks to Kexter for fielding issues and putting out a patch! I usually have limited availability on the weekends.

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games