Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Living with Temptation (LOP Gold)

Postby Ruel » Sun, 16Sep11 15:13

Dasati wrote:I seem to recall some criticism between lwt1 and its expansion about the (at the time) shortage of sex scenes, particularly with Lisa (for those who don't know/remember the original game at launch ended after you'd had sex with Lisa behind the club)

Well story wise it still has its flaws after the expansion. The most obvious one being the Bathroom bug where you get caught even if Tracy isn't even at home.
And then of course there are the basic logic problems in it.
You've fucked Lisa behind the Club and now have a weekend of Tracy not being there. Somehow its not okay for you to visit her room in the morning when she's still inside. Same for when she's about to go to bed.
And of course she doesn't visit you either.
It just makes no sense as you otherwise mate like bunnies.

Sure the game has to have its boundaries but don't draw them so arbitrary.
Ruel
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby Dasati » Sun, 16Sep11 17:34

I think those logic inconsistencies are more to do with how much extra work would of been needed in order explain/correct them, though the bathroom bug was irritating.

As to the meaner tone of the second game I would argue that cheating is inherently mean so to me at least all games involving cheating have an undertone of meanness. How prevalent it is depends on the dialogue and situations. I think in the context of a continuation from the first game a meaner tone is fitting. Looking at it objectively if you choose the "cheated with Lisa" beginning, Justin is selfishly giving in to his desires and betraying his loving wife. From a narrative perspective if that isn't mean I don't know what is. I can see how there'd be a tonal shift though as in the first game much of it is the build up between Lisa and Justin whereas lwt2 will have them together from the start.

As to what iksanabot said about the die hard romantics maybe not liking the meanness, for me at least based upon what we know I would only really consider one of the beginning paths (didn't swing, didn't cheat) as a romantic one. I don't see swinging as something romantic, though I realise that's my own perception, others won't see it the same way as I do.

Obviously this is all speculation at this point until I've played the game I wont know the exact tone of the game and my views may change as a result.
Dasati
lagoon predator

Postby iksanabot » Mon, 16Sep12 12:27

OK, tomorrow is the big day!

I want to give a shout out to Rahvin. In the opening dialogue, Tracy and Justin have a conversation about Eleanor. Having Eleanor be a friend of Tracy's was Rahvin's idea, and we wrote that conversation together. We wanted to work on a game together, involving both Eleanor and the LWT characters, but in the end we could not do it because of artist cross-over problems and other logistics. I know it would have been awesome, but it's impossible from an administrative standpoint, so all that is left of the idea is this conversation at the beginning of LWT2.

Regarding the meaner tone - don't find it TOO worrisome. It's subtle, and only really noticeable in some paths through the game. I'll also note here that the role of Charlie in the game is even smaller than his role in LWT1: Charlie is just a prop to get Lisa into Tracy and Justin's life, and to occupy characters in LWT2. Though it makes Justin and Tracy seem like incredibly inattentive parents, I did not put a lot of interaction with Charlie into the game because really, the game is about sex, not family. I guess it makes it less realistic, but I think even the most detail-oriented players should be able to get past that and enjoy the game. I guess we'll see from the feedback and I can try and correct it a bit in the expansion (if we do an expansion) if people want that detail addressed.
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby SENTENZA1138 » Mon, 16Sep12 13:03

iksanabot wrote:OK, tomorrow is the big day!

I want to give a shout out to Rahvin. In the opening dialogue, Tracy and Justin have a conversation about Eleanor. Having Eleanor be a friend of Tracy's was Rahvin's idea, and we wrote that conversation together. We wanted to work on a game together, involving both Eleanor and the LWT characters, but in the end we could not do it because of artist cross-over problems and other logistics. I know it would have been awesome, but it's impossible from an administrative standpoint, so all that is left of the idea is this conversation at the beginning of LWT2.

Regarding the meaner tone - don't find it TOO worrisome. It's subtle, and only really noticeable in some paths through the game. I'll also note here that the role of Charlie in the game is even smaller than his role in LWT1: Charlie is just a prop to get Lisa into Tracy and Justin's life, and to occupy characters in LWT2. Though it makes Justin and Tracy seem like incredibly inattentive parents, I did not put a lot of interaction with Charlie into the game because really, the game is about sex, not family. I guess it makes it less realistic, but I think even the most detail-oriented players should be able to get past that and enjoy the game. I guess we'll see from the feedback and I can try and correct it a bit in the expansion (if we do an expansion) if people want that detail addressed.

Yeah I'm so anxious!!!!
It's a pity that it's imposible to make a game with ELE and LWT characters, but maybe Rahvin and you can write a story together featuring all the main characters.
SENTENZA1138
sirens hunter

Postby Dasati » Mon, 16Sep12 13:08

That's an idea, if logistics means we can't have a game with Eleanor n LWT characters, maybe if you can find time you and Rahvin could write the story and post it on the blog/the beach/lite erotica or something.
Dasati
lagoon predator

Postby stcro1 » Mon, 16Sep12 13:31

oh man,eleanor together with lwt characters,imagine the possibilities [img]smile/wink2.gif[/img]
stcro1
great white shark

Postby wllwf » Tue, 16Sep13 08:34

iksanabot wrote:OK, tomorrow is the big day!

Your guys' idea is quite interesting. But how did Tracy know Eleanor? It seems that Eleanor was at least 33-35,her husband maybe 37-38. On the other hand Tracy and Justin could be quite young. They might be just 28-32. Eleanor was a housewife while Tracy was an office lady.Hmm it doesn't make any sense. Justin was a journalist, Eleanor's husband was a businessman. Just my 2 cents.
wllwf
great white shark

Postby MickeyMouse1 » Fri, 16Sep16 19:38

I have no doubt that I am in the wrong section of LWT Part 2 Foreign Affairs. Not sure if anyone has posted for it yet.
Tried it a couple of times. Very short game. A little too short I think. I can't seem to get the healthy meal in the kitchen although I did get one time. Not sure how I wound up getting the threesome ending three games in a row. Nothing seems to happen when you enter any of the rooms. Just talk at that is about all. Game should have been a little longer. Otherwise I am kind of lost in the game.
MickeyMouse1
great white shark

Postby Skelaturi » Fri, 16Sep16 20:09

MickeyMouse1 wrote:I have no doubt that I am in the wrong section of LWT Part 2 Foreign Affairs. Not sure if anyone has posted for it yet.
Tried it a couple of times. Very short game. A little too short I think. I can't seem to get the healthy meal in the kitchen although I did get one time. Not sure how I wound up getting the threesome ending three games in a row. Nothing seems to happen when you enter any of the rooms. Just talk at that is about all. Game should have been a little longer. Otherwise I am kind of lost in the game.

yes, you are in the wrong topic. See viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3891

it's 1 of the most active ones in sexy games at this moment
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby ShadowPortalTeam » Fri, 16Sep23 02:46

LWT is pretty wonderful game. I remember when I played I completed every piece of game and I even knew where every bad end was. I needed 3-4 days for exploring game. The game didn't want to let me go. I wish more such projects!
ShadowPortalTeam
great white shark

Postby brownrain » Fri, 17Mar31 12:44

Hi!Can anyone give me a day by day walkthrough for this game with maximum outcomes.I have only v1.99.Thanks
brownrain
Pilot fish

Postby SENTENZA1138 » Sat, 17Apr01 00:45

brownrain wrote:Hi!Can anyone give me a day by day walkthrough for this game with maximum outcomes.I have only v1.99.Thanks

http://blog.lessonofpassion.com/walkthrough/18-2/
SENTENZA1138
sirens hunter

Postby Kroq-Gar » Sun, 17Apr02 16:02

SENTENZA1138 wrote:
brownrain wrote:Hi!Can anyone give me a day by day walkthrough for this game with maximum outcomes.I have only v1.99.Thanks

http://blog.lessonofpassion.com/walkthrough/18-2/

Bah i find the "offical" walkthru embarassing and quite difficult to follow it only give you what effect each action has but do not say what 's the best to do each time I 'd prefer a step by step walkthru if anyone has one,even because the game is long and trying to get at the end not getting something is boring.... to me the game ended ast time about a little after th first half for i can't remember what thing even following those solution and just to get there I needed quite a lot of time....
Kroq-Gar
sirens hunter

Postby Kroq-Gar » Mon, 17May01 18:43

Anyway I really wish i could save and replay it from a certain point.Because the inital part is boring and replay it each time just to get to an event is so boring...
Kroq-Gar
sirens hunter

Postby scrumbles » Tue, 17May02 02:06

Kroq-Gar wrote:Anyway I really wish i could save and replay it from a certain point.Because the inital part is boring and replay it each time just to get to an event is so boring...

Technically, you can. It is a flash game and your progress is stored in a .SOL file, updated at the beginning of every day. You just need to find the folder where your save is (it depends on your browser and operative system), copy the file when you reach the point you want and replace your progress for a faster replay.

Generally speaking, you may also edit your save with .Minerva. I used an open source software, .SOL editor, but it is not updated anymore and it has some issues with recent games (and even older ones).
scrumbles
sirens hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games