Clothing overlap

Tips, techniques and tutorials about creation tools.

Clothing overlap

Postby MaxCarna » Sun, 17Feb12 22:37

Creators,

How you usually treat clothing overlap?

For example, you put an underwear, then a tight clothe, a jacket... or just the shirt over the skirt. There is a easy way to set what goes over what?

There must be something more than Shape->Expand all and poses, they are not good enought.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Re: Clothing overlap

Postby Mortze » Sun, 17Feb12 23:12

If the shirt morphs aren't enough, like for instance, Hip Size, for the shirt over the skirt, you can try to Apply Smoothing Modifier. If you don't know what it is let us know.
If the smoothing modifier is already in use, for fitting the shirt over the model, then you can cheat that with Photoshop work. Render one time with the smoothing modifier for the model, and a second time with the smoother modifier for the skirt. Then in Photoshop you'll put one layer over the other and erase what you need.

If smoothing modifier isn't enough I sometimes just render one time without changing anything, and a second time hiding the skirt. Then in Photoshop I do the same thing.

I mostly end using Photoshop anyway when it comes to clothing overlap.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby MaxCarna » Mon, 17Feb13 01:50

Mortze wrote:If the shirt morphs aren't enough, like for instance, Hip Size, for the shirt over the skirt, you can try to Apply Smoothing Modifier. If you don't know what it is let us know.
If the smoothing modifier is already in use, for fitting the shirt over the model, then you can cheat that with Photoshop work. Render one time with the smoothing modifier for the model, and a second time with the smoother modifier for the skirt. Then in Photoshop you'll put one layer over the other and erase what you need.

If smoothing modifier isn't enough I sometimes just render one time without changing anything, and a second time hiding the skirt. Then in Photoshop I do the same thing.

I mostly end using Photoshop anyway when it comes to clothing overlap.

Mortze,

I haven't tried this smoother yet, thank you very much

I found an explanation on this topic http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9823/

I will work on this.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby MaxCarna » Sun, 17Feb26 04:53

Mortze,

I learned how to use the smoothing, I practiced in some scenes, it was exactly what I needed. Thank you again.

For the other users, just select the piece of clothe and go to Edit->Object->Geometry->Apply Smoothing Modifier (some Gen2 and Gen3 already has one).

Than go to the Parameters select Mesh Smoothing under General. You can change the collision item and the number of interactions and colision interactions. You should test variations.

I'm all cases that I needed, they fited just fine.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Return to The workshop of creators