Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Tips, techniques and tutorials about creation tools.

Re: Suggestions for Best Bang for the Buck

Postby Eldormain » Sun, 17Jan29 01:04

Hi All. Once again I am facing the biggest bang for the buck situation.

Here's my dilemma (it's tied up a bit in the programs terminology): In putting together these games/stories there will naturally be many different scenes. Even with sales, which are really nice, buying scenes could get costly and quickly. So, one of the threads (http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3866) under The Workshop of Creators suggests Sweet Home 3D. Which seems like a nice option providing the proper dressings. The thread talks about needing to apply textures before and after exporting (I am summing up). In DAZ3D I am gathering that these textures are first Assets and then Shaders? The second term is where my question focuses. So, if the Sweet Home 3D program proves to be a viable and versatile it stands to reason that monies would be better spent on textures (or shaders?). And then I am sure other Assets.

Cheers,

Eldormain
------------------------------------------------------

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine." - Ludwig van Beethoven
Eldormain
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby MaxCarna » Sun, 17Jan29 09:29

Eldormain wrote:Hi All. Once again I am facing the biggest bang for the buck situation.

Here's my dilemma (it's tied up a bit in the programs terminology): In putting together these games/stories there will naturally be many different scenes. Even with sales, which are really nice, buying scenes could get costly and quickly. So, one of the threads (http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3866) under The Workshop of Creators suggests Sweet Home 3D. Which seems like a nice option providing the proper dressings. The thread talks about needing to apply textures before and after exporting (I am summing up). In DAZ3D I am gathering that these textures are first Assets and then Shaders? The second term is where my question focuses. So, if the Sweet Home 3D program proves to be a viable and versatile it stands to reason that monies would be better spent on textures (or shaders?). And then I am sure other Assets.

Cheers,

Eldormain

Make a free test. Try to make a house in Sweet Home, import it and then apply any shaders already installed with Daz.

If is too hard, maybe you should buy some scenarios to start. If you make it at first, go buy texture and shaders.

Probably someone will help you better with these concepts. I guess that a shader preset already has his texture. but maybe I am miserable wrong about the concept texture/shader.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby Mik » Sun, 17Jan29 14:54

If you want to save money there are two important things, look out for all freebies you can get and use all your creativity...

An example, the famous free Daz Bus stop:

Put a second one in the scene, make bus stop sign, seats and shelter invisible, shift it beneath the first one and retexture the wall of the building...

and you have a bigger street scene:

Use daz primitives to make simple settings.

This is a simple plane, not that exciting:

put three together and texture it and you have a (simple) room corner as a background:

Read all about shaders/ texturing you can find, shader presets have the needed images for the textures loaded in certain "slots".
There are free ones out there, shader presets as well as texture images, keyword "seamless (texture) patterns".

These threads might be useful:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3682

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3959
Mik
great white shark

Postby Eldormain » Sun, 17Jan29 20:23

Okay, excellent. We are thinking along the sames lines. Both with the free test you mentioned, MaxCarna, which I am in the midst of. And the creative usage you mentioned, Mik. I have been thinking along those lines as I have been looking at the shops and my wishlists grow. Ahh, back to learning more about the program.

Cheers,

Eldormain.

[img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine." - Ludwig van Beethoven
Eldormain
lagoon predator

Postby fleet » Mon, 17Jan30 03:20

For free scenes, go to renderosity, click on freestuff, in the drop-down click on most wanted. You'll see a dialog box. Type in the word scenes. There are a lot of ready to use 3D scenes there (as well as a lot of 2D backgrounds).
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby Eldormain » Tue, 17Jan31 00:23

Thank you, fleet. I will check that out.

[img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

Eldormain
lagoon predator

Previous

Return to The workshop of creators