Daz "built in" primitives and preset shaders ver. 4.9

Tips, techniques and tutorials about creation tools.

Daz "built in" primitives and preset shaders ver. 4.9

Postby Mik » Sun, 16Dec04 12:46

originally i've wanted to name this topic "Daz "built in" primitives - the first step to professional 3D modeling" but there wasn't enough space in the subject line... [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

I don't know how many of you are in 3D modeling themselves, but I was always interested in this.
Started to doing stuff in blender and Daz at the same time, but abadonned my blender work for Daz, getting quicker results in Daz (mouse-clicking program that it is).

Needed a "mechanical bull" for uncertain reasons and decided myself, that this was a good opportunity to test the basic daz modeling functions.
I'm totally aware that this can't compeed with professional made models and it isn't beven rigged or so.
But being the 10 minutes clicked together project it is, done only with Daz built in primitives and iray preset shaders that come with Daz 4.9 pro it isn't also that bad in my opinion... [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

Imagebilder upload
Mik
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Re: Daz "built in" primitives and preset shaders ver. 4.9

Postby MaxCarna » Mon, 16Dec05 00:16

Mik wrote:originally i've wanted to name this topic "Daz "built in" primitives - the first step to professional 3D modeling" but there wasn't enough space in the subject line... [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

I don't know how many of you are in 3D modeling themselves, but I was always interested in this.
Started to doing stuff in blender and Daz at the same time, but abadonned my blender work for Daz, getting quicker results in Daz (mouse-clicking program that it is).

Needed a "mechanical bull" for uncertain reasons and decided myself, that this was a good opportunity to test the basic daz modeling functions.
I'm totally aware that this can't compeed with professional made models and it isn't beven rigged or so.
But being the 10 minutes clicked together project it is, done only with Daz built in primitives and iray preset shaders that come with Daz 4.9 pro it isn't also that bad in my opinion...

To make this image you only used the figure? All others objects were created?
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby Mik » Mon, 16Dec05 19:13

except her hair and clothing, yes.... [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

the mechanical bull consists of a deformed cube, a cylinder and 2 deformed Tori, Torusses, Torussen....however, each of this primitives finished with a preset shader that already comes with daz...
but again, it is no welded object, it still consists of these separate objects...so if you want to move (translate) it, you have to group these or move each object separately, on the other hand you can move the "bull corpus" with a simple daz rotation in this state, if you weld it, you have to rig it to do such things...

so if you need an object that consists only of a few primitives/ deformed primitives for just one or two pictures in a project, it can be done easy in daz itself...e.g. a simply piercing (crappy posed, not rendered through, just to show it).

this piercing consists of a torus and a sphere, finished with the daz iray preset shader "gold"...done in <5 min....

Imagegratis bilder
Mik
great white shark

Postby MaxCarna » Mon, 16Dec05 23:31

I'm shocked by my ignorance.

I'm using Daz for months, I never even though that it could generate content, only manipulate pre-existent using the Shaping and Posing painels. They didn't mentioned this primitive thing on the User Guide.

Now that you enlighted me, I found that I can do that on the menu "Create->New Primitive". The possibilities are endless, I'll save a lot on new props. Makes me reflect how people are making easy money in the Daz marketplace...

If you don't mind, just one more newbie question: for the surface, I selected the object and went the Surfaces Painel. On the Editor tab, in the Diffuse Color, I clicked on the arrow and selected Browse. It goes to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\shaders\iray\resources

This image below is using the grunge_b.jpg file, where I can found this shader "gold"?

MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby Mik » Tue, 16Dec06 17:25

...easier than that
made you a screenshot with the relevant information
these shaders/ shader presets seem to be a concept that does all necessary steps itself
so if you have selected your geometrical object in the scene tab and in the surface/editor tab and then double click the desired shader, it applies the daz iray uber base shader as well as necessary maps or the values for the different shader properties...e.g. the normal map for the leather structure of the forth sphere
got these shaders myself downloading the free 4.9 pro version and it's my one and only version, so I assume you got these too...

P.S. If you still got questions, just ask, I don't mind sharing my knowledge, a lot of things I've learned myself because other people are willing to share theirs...

P.P.S If you have a diffuse color property/ slot in your surface editors tab, this seems to be no iray uber shader, there they call the same thing "base color"... [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Mik
great white shark

Postby Greyelf » Wed, 16Dec07 03:13

Mik wrote:so if you have selected your geometrical object in the scene tab and in the surface/editor tab and then double click the desired shader,

they can also be made to appear in the Smart Content tab but you first need 'install' them by selecting 'Materials' in the tree then right clicking on the 'Default Resources' item and choosing the 'install' option. Once it finishes double clicking on the 'Default Resources' item will change the tree to have a have a 'Shaders' entry which has the same structure as the one Mik showed for 'Content Library'
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby MaxCarna » Wed, 16Dec07 03:33

Got it

When you just select the item on the Scene Tab and double click on the Content Painel, nothing happens.

You need to open the Surface Tab, just open, and then double click on the Content and it is done.

Thank you very much, If I can help with anything, count on me.

MaxCarna
star of the reef

Return to The workshop of creators