DAZ3D Best Model

Tips, techniques and tutorials about creation tools.

DAZ3D Best Model

Postby MaxCarna » Sat, 16Jul23 02:56

Hi Friends,

When I started to work with Daz I saw in many topics, people suggesting Victoria 4 as best model. I folowed the advice but I also looked for Genesis models. Genesis 1 had fewer options, Genesis 3 was too expensive, so Genesis 2 was the best choice.

I adquire many itens, including pro bundles, both to Victoria 4 and Genesis 2, or Victoria 6. Using Daz3D 4.9.

After 3 months I came to the conclusion that make no sense beginners like me to invest on Victoria 4.
- Things that can be done in minutes using Genesis, take hours on Victoria 4.
- Itens doesn't shows on smart content, you need to find then on product pane every time.
- Clothes don't fits automatically, any change in a single muscle blows it. I even bought the product magnet fits for shefreaky 4, but only works for 4 pre-made templates. Any change in the shape spoils the work.
- There are dozens and dozens of fits: Amazon, Aiko, The Girl, Fitness, Body Builder, etc. If I use, for example, 30% Fitness/50% Bodybuilder, it doesn't work to apply 30% Fitness/50% Bodybuilder fits on the cloth. One blows the other.

I could probably learn how to do it properly, but make no sense lose this time if Genesis 2 make all by itself. It's much faster, productive.

What do you think about it?
MaxCarna
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Re: DAZ3D Best Model

Postby fleet » Sat, 16Jul23 03:08

From what you've written, you enjoy working with Genesis 2, and find it easiest to use. If that's the case, continue using it until you see something you like more.
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby Mortze » Mon, 16Jul25 15:50

Very good argumentation, and I won't surely fight back. Truth is that I've always used Victoria 4 since the beggining becaus ethere was much more content for that model then.
Then, as a vicious circle the more I worked with V4 the more V4 content I had to get, to a point where it wouldn't be acceptable for me to migrate to any Genesis figure and have to acquire Gen content from the start.

That surely was the main Pro argument for V4; the number of content for that model. That difference has been shrinking down but V4 still has the more content as we speak.

But for all the other points you are right.

If I was to start with DAZ today I'd choose Genesis 3 over V4.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby MaxCarna » Tue, 16Jul26 16:10

Mortze

I don't know if was just my feeling, but seens that scenes with Genesis 3 take longer to render. Just like Genesis 2 has fewer details but the final results are very close.

I also found some great offers like Lilith 6 Pro Bundle for U$5,90. The package included Female Anatomical Elements that works for all Genesis 2 females.

Considering prices, productivity and rendering time, I think Genesis 2 is the best option.

Have you ever tried this http://www.daz3d.com/using-auto-fit-vic ... s-2-female ?

Regards
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby Mortze » Tue, 16Jul26 17:18

MaxCarna wrote:Mortze

I don't know if was just my feeling, but seens that scenes with Genesis 3 take longer to render. Just like Genesis 2 has fewer details but the final results are very close.

I also found some great offers like Lilith 6 Pro Bundle for U$5,90. The package included Female Anatomical Elements that works for all Genesis 2 females.

Considering prices, productivity and rendering time, I think Genesis 2 is the best option.

Have you ever tried this http://www.daz3d.com/using-auto-fit-vic ... s-2-female ?

Must be true, Genesis 3 must have more polys (polygons) (for Wikipedia expalnation see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygonal_modeling) than Genesis 2. But I know so little of both figures that I won't say for sure.

I don't know if Genesis 2 is the best option now. Sure the prices might be more appealing, but you'll find content creator focus on Genesis 3 more and more. 99% of new content at DAZ is for Gen3.

I haven't tried that tool. I haven't felt the need to migrate from V4 to any Gen figure. Yet.

I'm currently waiting for news on a new figure done by Erogenesis. Always loved his figures. If he makes something for DAZ I'll see what options I'll have regarding content for that figure.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby muttdoggy » Tue, 16Jul26 23:17

Erogenesis? [img]smile/eek.gif[/img]
I know someone who has been privately creating work with Erogenesis' meshes. He's not good at it but I can't really fault him though. However, he's also following project E and gobbling up all of Erogenesis' works. I've seen some of the meshes he's put out like lali's bits and pauline. And the comic disco dragon part 1 has a treasured spot in my collection. They are astounding!
Now I'm wondering about the impact of Project E. After he's finished with project E and releases it, how much easier would it be to create art better than what Saphirenishi and Balassa are crafting? [img]smile/eek.gif[/img]

muttdoggy and I have been PMing about project E. I was curious about it and suggested he add a link so others could educate themselves. http://erogenesis.blogspot.com/ links to the project E author (thanks muttdoggy). Once the link is open, please note the "project e tab". Thank you for taking the time to teach this old dog a new trick. Feel free to remove this from your post. LRM
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby MaxCarna » Mon, 16Aug01 15:05

Friends,

There is huge promotion on Daz today, many pro packages for only U$ 2.70 when you buy beauty like music new release.

I tested Victorian Innocence V4 clothes on Genesis 2 female, works perfectly. So I bought V4 Unimesh Clothing Bundle, 2 and 3.

The product that I mentioned before is just a tutorial, basically you drag a V4 cloth to the scene, then select "Fit to" and choose a Genesis 2 character, a new window will appear. You select for who the clothing was originally made, in the case V4, and the type of clothing. After that you can change the shape of the character in any way, and the cloth will fit.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby Mortze » Mon, 16Aug01 17:21

MaxCarna wrote:Friends,

There is huge promotion on Daz today, many pro packages for only U$ 2.70 when you buy beauty like music new release.

I tested Victorian Innocence V4 clothes on Genesis 2 female, works perfectly. So I bought V4 Unimesh Clothing Bundle, 2 and 3.

The product that I mentioned before is just a tutorial, basically you drag a V4 cloth to the scene, then select "Fit to" and choose a Genesis 2 character, a new window will appear. You select for who the clothing was originally made, in the case V4, and the type of clothing. After that you can change the shape of the character in any way, and the cloth will fit.

DAMN you MaxCarna! Your much apreciated and very insightful tip made me spend 100.98$ on content. Damn you and DAZ with their ridiculous 4$ items (discounts over 80%!!!).
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greyelf » Tue, 16Aug02 02:23

Mortze wrote:DAMN you MaxCarna! Your much apreciated and very insightful tip made me spend 100.98$ on content. Damn you and DAZ with their ridiculous 4$ items (discounts over 80%!!!).

*** The DAZ administrators rub their hand with glee and think: Our plan worked again!! Mahahahaha *** [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby MaxCarna » Tue, 16Aug02 02:34

Hahaha

They do this a lot. Everyday I go to see if there are new freebies, sometimes they catch me with that kind of offer. But I am more cautious, spent only U$32.07.

To activate the maximum bonus
- Show Your Heart Expressions for Genesis 3 Female(s) $14.95 for $10.47

And then...
- The Girl 4 Pro Bundle $99.95 for $2.70
- Stephanie 4 Pro Bundle $99.95 for $2.70
- Anime Manga Enthusiast Bundle $149.95 for $2.70
- V4 Hero Pro Pack $179.95 for $2.70
- M4 Hero Pro Pack $179.95 for $2.70
- V4 Unimesh Clothing Bundle $69.95 for $2.70
- V4 Unimesh Clothing Bundle #2 $69.95 for $2.70
- V4 Unimesh Clothing Bundle #3 $69.95 for $2.70
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby MaxCarna » Tue, 16Aug02 04:41

I had a little issue with autofit: when I used V4 dress on Genesis 2, there some grey spheres that are the handles (Left Handle, Right Handle...).

On V4 figure that spheres don't appear on rendering, but in the Genesis 2 they appear and I couldn't change that.

Other cloths itens worked just fine.

This tutorial from SickleYield saved me
http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journ ... -417250347

I don't if I'm posting this image right, but there is a Meridiana(Genesis 2) with Spygirl Coat (The Girl 4) on:
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Tue, 16Aug02 05:06

Cool Render, MaxCarna.

You folks have the Daz "Platinum Club" don't you? Back in the day, I found that easily paid for itself.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby MaxCarna » Tue, 16Aug02 05:31

Tlaero,

Thanks but this image is just character, cloth + pose, I didn't change surfaces or lights. I have no merit on it.

I didn't join the Platinum yet, I wasn't planning to spend this much before, but now it make senses.

Just the $6 monthly ticket give you $72 in a year, Platinum costs $70 a year, and there is other things.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Tue, 16Aug02 06:23

Don't sell yourself short. That's a good pose regardless of what you did with the lights.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby sylakone2 » Tue, 16Aug02 09:19

Hey all

I thought I would pipe in here.

I used V4 and M4 for "Inspiring Celina" and the soon to be released "Envying Celina" which I did on Poser.

Since then my other game "Model Friends" that's still in development uses DAZ with V4 and G2\V6 for the Girls and M4 for the male models.
I switched from Poser to DAZ becasue of Iray.
I have found that the clothes fit so much better in DAZ compared to Poser.
Especially with the V4 to G2 addon which works quite well with using v4 Clothes on G2 models.

Also a lot of the artists on Renderosity often bundle V4 and G2 options for a lot of their content.

This has made it much easier to use both.

Anyway there is my 2 cents worth :)

Cheers

Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Next

Return to The workshop of creators