Adventure Creator release thread

Tips, techniques and tutorials about creation tools.

Re: Adventure Creator release thread

Postby john milton » Thu, 16Jun09 09:45

Don't mention it, giving you a hand is always a pleasure.

John
john milton
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby panda » Sat, 16Jun11 09:26

Thanks for this soft. I'll try it.
panda
Pilot fish

Postby tlaero » Wed, 16Jun15 02:58

I just uploaded v1.4

http://www.mediafire.com/download/itjgnqlo4170jw4/AC2.zip

Very small update. I've been working on something where I need to quickly move from page to page, so I added Alt-LeftArrow and Alt-RightArrow to switch between pages. Left is prev page, right is next page.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Jul31 23:38

I've uploaded AC2 1.5.

Here are the updates.

v1.5
Ability to order overlapping hit areas. Right click on an area and choose "Send to Back" or "Send to Front." Areas in front of others are hit first.
Bug fix: Table follows weren't working.
Bug fix: If you changed the page name on a page you hadn't saved yet, and it asked you if you wanted to save first, it used to save on the new name instead of the old one.
Updated _helpers.js in the examples to fix bugs in mouse overrides like SetClick and SetUp.
Updated _helpers.js in the examples to add a "PartialControl" option for AnimHelper.
Updated style.css to show a finger pointer when over a hit area.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby K84 » Sun, 16Aug21 00:02

I love this app, I don't know much about javascript but it is very comfortable to work with this. I develop my games in RenPy but with this the hotspots are more useful and quick to crear. If I can make a nice template possibly my next creation will be with Adventure Creation. Thanks for sharing this app, this is exactly what I needed to not spend hours between lines of code.
Sorry for my english, I'm trying to improve this
K84
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Aug21 02:40

I'm glad to hear that you find it useful, K84.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby tlaero » Tue, 16Nov01 01:19

I updated AC2 today. And, looking at the thread here, it appears that I never uploaded the previous version. It's up to version 1.7 now. As usual, the changes are things I wanted for myself, but you're all free to use them.

v1.7
Added "Drag and Drop" to open a game. Dragging a pages.js or text.*.js file into the main AC2 window and dropping it there is now the same as doing File->Open and choosing the file in the FileOpen dialog box.

Changed the default GameView filter from "File" to "All". With the way typing jumps to a page now, I found I only ever used filter for finding things within pages.

Added a new setting to Options called "Use Alternate Window Locations." This allows you to position your windows in two different sizes and locations and then switch back and forth between them. This is probably most useful if you work on a laptop that you dock to a bigger screen. When docked, use one set of window locations and when undocked use the other.

v1.6
Fixed a bug with hit target conditionals that had quotes in them.
Fixed a bug that was keeping the hit targets that went off the sides of the screen from being trimmed.
Made hit targets better round to percentages.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Nov13 01:40

I just uploaded version 1.8 with some changes I wanted for some work I was doing on Pandora.

v1.8
GameView now distinguishes between pages where the loc strings are the same as the primary strings (Loc Needed) and pages that are missing strings entirely (Loc Line Needed).
GameView filter can now filter on the Loc errors. For instance, you can filter on "Loc Line" and get all the pages that need lines.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Tao Dude » Mon, 16Dec19 17:13

Hi, tlaero

My Norton is being very aggressive about your software: it is intercepting it as it comes out of the zipfile and putting it straight into quarantine.

Best,
Tao.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Tue, 16Dec20 03:34

Weird. Is anyone else having trouble with AC2 and their virus checkers?

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby LRM » Tue, 16Dec20 09:39

@ Milady;
I use Norton...
That's not uncommon for something not widely used.

@ Tao Dude;
Did you follow the link on he OP?
It's also common for the unscrupulous to add a new link that is full of malware to a Google search.
Happy Holidays
Lou
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Tao Dude » Thu, 16Dec29 19:36

LRM wrote:@ Milady;
I use Norton...
That's not uncommon for something not widely used.

@ Tao Dude;
Did you follow the link on he OP?
It's also common for the unscrupulous to add a new link that is full of malware to a Google search.
Happy Holidays
Lou

Yes, and I have just pulled version 1.8 of AC2. As you suspected, Norton cites it as a very new file with few users, so Norton gives it a WS.Reputation.1 label and removes it, which is basically a cop-out. Several independent developers with relatively small customer bases are having the same issues. A lot of Norton Users are hacked off by this high-handed approach.

I have taken the restore and ignore option, so if my machine turns inside out, I might be away from this forum for a while (joke).

I'll let you know how i get on once I have finished my current task of creating an environment in Blender.

Best, Tao.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Fri, 16Dec30 00:06

That's an interesting approach that Norton is using. I don't think it really works, though. By the nature of what they do, Virus writers need to infect a large number of machines. But an indie developer can realistically have a very small number of users. It feels like Norton is only going to get false positives with this. At the very least, the "false positive to true positive" ratio is going to be pretty high.

Anyway, AC2 doesn't require any kind of administrator privileges, so it shouldn't ask you to elevate. And, baring a zero day attack, there's not much an app can do to you if you don't let it elevate. (That's the box that comes up and says something like, "Do you want to let this program make changes to your computer." If you ever have ANY doubt about a program, you should always say "No!" when that box comes up.)

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby JFR » Sat, 16Dec31 06:32

Tao Dude wrote:... Norton cites it as a very new file with few users, so Norton gives it a WS.Reputation.1 label and removes it, which is basically a cop-out. Several independent developers with relatively small customer bases are having the same issues. A lot of Norton Users are hacked off by this high-handed approach. ...

This is one of the reasons I dumped Norton for another security suite after years of being a Symantec customer. I liked their suite in general but had similar occurrences in which stuff I knew to be ok was summarily removed without asking me.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby LRM » Sat, 16Dec31 22:20

My ISP gives me Norton as part of my subscription...
My Scottish heart won't allow me to not use it. Norton at least gives the option to ignore their warning, not all antivirus programs provide that option.
Lou
Sends wishes for a prosperous new year, good health, and happiness, to all on this orb... (hopes like hell we're still here in 4 years).
Got Wood?
LRM

PreviousNext

Return to The workshop of creators