Advising a novice developer

Tips, techniques and tutorials about creation tools.

Re: Some starter questions

Postby LRM » Sat, 16Jan23 21:01

tlaero wrote:Just my opinion, but I think we shouldn't get too bent out of shape on how threads are done here. Much better for a potential game developer to post a question in the "wrong" way, get help, and decide to start making a game than to be afraid to post because he or she is worried about "breaking the rules" and thus never becomes a creator.

What we do as creators is terrifying on so many levels. To come here and post questions means you've got to speak up in a place where you're potentially a stranger. It also means you've got to admit you don't know something, which is hard for most people. And then, the thought of making something and showing it to the angry masses of the internet can be quite debilitating.

The only reason I ever started posting on the lagoon was that I was happy with the open and respectful way you folks were treating Ehlanna. And, even then, I obfuscated my gender for a significant amount of time (that's why I'm "Tlaero" instead of "Tlaera"). I'd like for this forum to be one that's so open and supportive that the next "me" reads it and says, "I think I may be comfortable posting there."

So let's not do anything to make a potential creator's life more difficult. This forum won't fall apart if we get a single thread with 4 questions instead of 4 threads with one question.

Tlaero

I'll take a hit on this one, M'Lady.
Much of what's being discussing here is available in other threads however, it's deeply buried and most difficult to find.
There is a trend today, where no one reads. We're trying to negate that here.
LRM
Got Wood?
LRM

sex: Masculine

Postby Greyelf » Sat, 16Jan23 22:27

LRM wrote:There is a trend today, where no one reads.

I would change that to: most don't do more than a cursory search if that. lol
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Sun, 16Jan24 08:06

I’ll not lock this and neither will I create 4 separate threads as was my intention. Instead I’ll rename the thread.
Why?
Skelaturi was always aware that this was NOT a place for individual assistance***; yes there were self-interests but they were secondary to his intention. Although the advices given were generally directed towards Skelaturi personally, the content would be of value for anyone who might seek what Skelaturi sought.

*** We've had shared conversations before and after this Forum was created.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Re: Advising a novice developer

Postby Mortze » Tue, 16Jan26 18:53

I'm thinking in designing a Skelaturi avatar just to render a scene where he is being spanked by a deviant redhead :o
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby panther50 » Tue, 16Jan26 20:09

actually, i find this thread quite useful and actually grateful that skelaturi started it(doesn't matter whether in creator workshop or project section)

i also have many stories in my head, but doesn't have much time nor experience to make a game,
but reading all opinions in this thread was actually quite helpful [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]

and one question for Mortze..you mentioned you should have content (like penises) :roi: to create games..where you actually gets contents like penises :??: i always wanted to know about it..that you create it yourself or take it from elsewhere..and if taken where you get this content??

now,another thing i want to say is this thread's name is "ADVISING A NOVICE DEVELOPER" but it feels like its name should be "THIS THREAD SHOULD BE IN PROJECT SECTION "...LOL [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
on this matter i agree with tlaero, this is the workshop of creators section, and if one want to create a game this is the most suitable section to ask.
when i check project section i mostly find threads like "need help..we are creating this game", "coding error", "need artist" etc.
panther50
panther50
great white shark

Postby Mortze » Tue, 16Jan26 21:41

panther50 wrote:and one question for Mortze..you mentioned you should have content (like penises) to create games..where you actually gets contents like penises i always wanted to know about it..that you create it yourself or take it from elsewhere..and if taken where you get this content??

Mmhh :sarcastic: Not sure if I'm confortable when someone asks me where to find penises.
Anyway, I didn't made any exhausted research where to find the best penises and general male genitalia. I don't know about other figures but when you acquire the figure Michael 4 for DAZ3D and Poser it comes with the full material.
The thing is it isn't very functional. You'll need to acquire the Michael 4 Morphs++ product also to make his junk work in a way to please all the girls he'll be lucky to meet.
When you buy characters skins, most come with a skin to put on the genitals to your figure so that won't be an issue.
I know there are other products for more energetic penises, namelly in Renderotica.
Here are the links:
- Michael 4 figure (with penis): http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-base-male-3d-model
- Micahel 4 Morphs++ (to make girls happy): http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-morphs
- Strideribellum's M4 Penis (I guess it will make someone happy too): http://www.renderotica.com/store/cat/16 ... s-M4-Penis

My advice would be to aquire the M4 and M4 Morphs++. Unless your game will be focused on penises (nothing wrong with that) it is enough. And both products are expensive enough. But you'll use them a lot so it is a good investment.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Previous

Return to The workshop of creators