Saving Chloe (En, Sp, Fr)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Saving Chloe (en, es)

Postby danigonz » Mon, 18Jan22 11:08

Nobody would accuse both of you not being ambicious challengers. Two games! Episodic! Monthly! You and Mortze are crazy, but from an egotistical point of view, I'm ok with that!

I'm agree with other fellow posters: that rythm may affect the structure of a game if it is not very linear. Given a point where the character can go A or B, you should write A and B. In a whole game it is not a problem: it includes all possible paths even if the player won't reach few of them.

But, at this point of your career as a game writer, noboby doubts that quality is your main concern, so, even if I really can't image how you are going to handle this, I'm pretty sure the result with be rewarding.

Side subject: Christine is back! Thanks a lot for that. She is an amazing character, a real life adventurer whos seeks living intense emotions (not only sexual ones). And it really is a good character for exploring an episodic game (her first game was really episodic: if you didn't get enough points, you didn't see the next level. Simple but effective). So, as a fan, it's a good news... and I'm really looking fordward the re-imagination of that wonderful character by Mortze!

In fact, at this point, I consider the proper thing to do is becoming a patron. Good words are gratifying, but a bunch of euros are also useful, isn't it? ;-)

tlaero wrote:I just posted an article on our Patreon page that reveals our next two games and describes our plans for them. The article is free to the public, and you don't need to be a patron to see it. If you have comments or opinions, feel free to make them here. I find this place a better place for discussions anyway.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/whats-next-16529926

Tlaero
danigonz
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby ShadyGroves » Mon, 18Jan22 18:22

There is also the chance of “over kill.” If you flood the market people grow bored with the product and don't buy,

Hold it back a bit make it exclusive.

As Morland said “Its not the destination but its the journey.”

That's what made the four Elsa-verse games so darn great in my opinion. You didn't reveal too much to fast. In the meantime the pauses gave you timeto perfect your story and graphics.
"In the hands of the right man, a woman is a hundred different women, limited only by imagination and his willingness to make her feel safe and lead her." -- Chrissy Miller
ShadyGroves
great white shark

Postby Mortze » Mon, 18Jan22 18:46

I understand all of the concerns but something must be made clear.
Neither Tlaero nor I will deliver less quality content for the sake of making a deadline. That will not happen.
Quality will always come first.
If I need more time to render pictures to obey my quality standards I will not hesitate to postpone any release by a week, a month or 3 months if need be. I will have my conscience clear on that, and our Patrons will - or should - wait no less from us.

Also I want to clarify that either CtGwC and DF will function much like a TV show, in the extent that each episode will complete a "Season". A "season" is a finished game.
The idea is to have a finished game every 8 months, like we have been doing for all our other games. If some people prefer to play a full game instead of episodes they have the option of waiting for the "season", the full game, to be finished.
We will try this new episodes approach to also please those players who don't want to wait that much, or like to play episodes.

We aren't deviating from what our players are accustomed to. They'll still have the same thing; a full game in less than a year.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby BloodyMares » Mon, 18Jan22 19:02

@Mortze, thanks for clarification. I see now that I have nothing to worry about. I am confident this is going to be a good experience for everybody. Looking forward to see more of Christine. If you need a tester, PM me.
BloodyMares
great white shark

Postby always86 » Mon, 18Jan22 22:18

Hi all,

Just thought I would come and share my thoughts on Saving Chloe. I'm a supporter on Patreon and have been since the early days.

I'm a fan of all the games with RfJ being my favourite followed by Miranda. Christine is in 3rd and would probably be higher but, like all classic games, the graphics have started to fade. (Understandably)

I enjoyed Saving Chloe, however I wasn't a fan of the 10 routes decision. For me, despite some of the great content tucked in those, i'd have preferred that energy go in to growing the the core, cannon, relationship of the game. Paul and Chloe rekindle thier romance, then have one sex scene and then the game is over. To me the growth and progression that the date-sex-date-sex formulae allows feels more rewarding from a gameplay PoV. For me it would have been more fun for those routes or varriations of them to be fitted into the core of the game. I always liked the points earning system.

That said the writing was great as usual and the art was wonderful. The end bonus is great.

I'm looking forward to both the new games. Once they're done I vote for another installment of redemption for Jessika. More Jess and Sera! *Faints*
always86
great white shark

Postby Brocho » Mon, 18Jan22 22:35

I like being able to play the whole game on release, but I do play a few episodic games and I really don't mind that format. You still get the same amount of content, just in bursts instead of waiting to get the whole thing. However you and Mortze go about it, I have no doubts at all that the new games will be fantastic.
Brocho
great white shark

Postby Ratts11 » Mon, 18Jan22 23:01

I just wanted to post to congratulate the two creators for their work on this series. My favourite is still Redemption for Jessika, but Saving Chloe is still a great second, and a satisfying ending. I loved that we still don't know what kind of world Xara and Moreland come from, I am still picturing a fantasy world in my head due to Royal Guard, but I like the choice to keep it a mystery, only interpreted through Xara's dreams. Having the story line carry through several games over a number of years just made me go back and play all of them in the last week to remind myself of the characters and story again before I allowed myself to start up Saving Chloe, and it was worth it! By far my favourite series of games like this out there. I hope you continue to make more games in the future, and may your talent increase evermore :)

If I had any requests I'd love to see more of Serena in the future, in my opinion she was one of the sexiest models in the last game, but she ended up having a bad time in the canon ending, with the love of her life going off with the girl she had always been second-best to, and the non-canon ending with her and Chloe didn't feel like a very realistic decision by any of the characters. Would be nice to see her get a canon happy ending!
Ratts11
Pilot fish

Postby Crane » Tue, 18Jan23 01:32

I think i've mentioned something similiar to Mortze and Tlaero. I mean their games not having the same publicity like many other (IMO inferior) games. Other games having monthly releases or at least having monthly promised releases keeps people interested and talking about them. And having episodic releases makes people wondering more about the plot etc.

I'm all for the full game release policy, but i also remember people saying "Yeah, Tora`s games are great, but only if they could not take so long to deliver a game". How many devs actually deliver a finished game almost every 6 months?

It's the reality: releasing small episodes makes people feel like "more content in less time".

I also hope the two simultaneous games experiment works.I hope there will be no violent clashes between games fan groups asking for their favourite game to be delivered first. lol

I`m looking forward for the CtGwC but i'm very intrigued by DF. I remember Tlaero talking to Mortze about this idea.
Crane
lagoon predator

Postby bishop083 » Tue, 18Jan23 02:33

Just skimmed this thread. I need to go back through in a bit more detail, because there are some people who said things I want to quote, and I want to really remember the things I want to say about them.

In the meantime, I wanted to post something I noticed about the game. The following spoiler will contain potential clues on how to find all the paths, so consider yourself warned.
I noticed an interesting pattern in this game, although I think I need to play through again in order to confirm that. (Oh no. Poor me. I need to play this amazing game again. Whatever will I do. /sarcasm).

The pattern was related to the number of choices you had in a given screen. Obviously, one choice meant you couldn't change what was about to happen. The interesting thing is the difference between having two choices and three choices. When you are presented with three choices, the choice you make will impact what is said next, but won't actually change what is going to happen. A screen with two choices is a different beast, though. I believe that, any time you were presented with two choices, that choice mattered. A scene with two choices means you are about to influence the story, drastically.

I found this interesting for many reasons. First, because I do have some programming experience, and a math degree, I found this to be interesting from a logic perspective. I imagine that using two-choice-scenes made it easier to handle all the branching paths and end up at all the endings you wanted to supply. It would also make it so that you could vary the branching paths more, since each branch would have to come from a different point on the path. That means the story leading to each branch has to be different. It requires more work on the author's part, but it also gives you the freedom to have each branch feel unique, while still tying them together in a logical manner.

I also found this interesting because I had hit a wall that was preventing me from getting a few of the endings for quite a while, until I noticed this. Once I noticed this, it became a lot easier to find them. And I loved it.
So, now that I've put that out there, I am going to go re-download the game and try applying that to it. Not just so I can confirm this, but also because I downloaded the game pretty shortly after it was posted, and there have apparently been a lot of updates between then and now. Including a bunch of typos of Chloe's name that I never even noticed (which I find pretty funny and blame on how late I usually play this), and apparently some bugs I don't remember running into, since I have gotten all the achievements.

Plus, according to something I saw in at least one comment, I think I need to re-explore the mansion again. If I understood what someone said earlier, then I think there may be a number of sex scenes hiding there, and I need to go find them.
To that Patreon page!
bishop083
Pilot fish

Postby ShadyGroves » Tue, 18Jan23 05:45

So basically your giving us mini games as opposed to a single long deep engrossing story and game. A collection of mini games instead?

And your saying quality wont' suffer?? [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]

So basically your saying you'll be giving us the entire game in chapter segments. Kind of like ripping apart a book by chapters and sending out a chapter every other month.

I honestly don't see how your quality can't suffer under such a method. Since you will be doing constant revisions during production depending on your patrons feedback.

Plus if I understand this correctly nothing will be resolved in each chapter It will be basically left open ended (no problem, reaction and solution) until the final chapters/episodes.

So why should I play these episodes?? Talk about spoilers. By the time you get the last episode you'll be bored to death and not even play it. :)

Just give me the completed game when ever you're done with it. All in one place :)

Mortze wrote:Also I want to clarify that either CtGwC and DF will function much like a TV show, in the extent that each episode will complete a "Season". A "season" is a finished game.
The idea is to have a finished game every 8 months, like we have been doing for all our other games. If some people prefer to play a full game instead of episodes they have the option of waiting for the "season", the full game, to be finished.
We will try this new episodes approach to also please those players who don't want to wait that much, or like to play episodes.

We aren't deviating from what our players are accustomed to. They'll still have the same thing; a full game in less than a year.
"In the hands of the right man, a woman is a hundred different women, limited only by imagination and his willingness to make her feel safe and lead her." -- Chrissy Miller
ShadyGroves
great white shark

Postby ShadyGroves » Tue, 18Jan23 06:00

Yes there are other episodic games out there. But they're not sitting in the top spot of Play Force One over 2 years now such as RfJ. Now are they? Or anywhere for that matter.
ShadyGroves
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Tue, 18Jan23 07:11

ShadyGroves wrote:So why should I play these episodes?? Talk about spoilers. By the time you get the last episode you'll be bored to death and not even play it. :)

<shrugs> Then don't play.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby tlaero » Tue, 18Jan23 07:29

A few things.

Mortze wrote:The idea is to have a finished game every 8 months, like we have been doing for all our other games.

Just to be clear, this is an approximation. When I sit down to write a game, I don't know precisely how long it's going to be. When I started RfJ, I was worried that it would be too short, and it ended up being longer than any other game I'd done to that point. And when I started FM, I thought for sure that it would be longer than RfJ, and it was shorter. The games I write will be however long they need to be to tell the story I want to tell. We're not constraining ourselves to a number of months or episodes. CtGwC might be 3 episodes or it might be 30, whatever it takes to tell the story. (But there's a really good chance that it'll be somewhere in between...)

bishop083 wrote:In the meantime, I wanted to post something I noticed about the game.

I'll take this one to spoiler, just in case.
As you realized, there are two types of choices in SC. Let's call them "Roleplaying" and "Story" choices. The RP choices are there to let you play the character you want to play. As you said, they generally don't do more than change the next page of text (although there are a couple of places in the game where Chloe calls out what you are based on your aggregate choices). It's the Story choices that change the game.

As for the RP choices coming in 3's and the Story choices coming in 2's, yes I did that intentionally. It wasn't for programming reasons. It's really not any harder to code 3 branches from one point than two. I did it so that observant players could tell the choice types apart. Good job on noticing.

And
ShadyGroves wrote:Yes there are other episodic games out there. But they're not sitting in the top spot of Play Force One over 2 years now such as RfJ. Now are they?

It's possible that the only difference between my games and the others your referring to is that mine were released all at once and theirs were released episodically. I'm going to suggest, however, that there might be more to it than that...

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby ShadyGroves » Tue, 18Jan23 08:17

Ultimately its your creation and both of you are Artists and need to head off into new creative directions.

But there is a thing called over tweaking. In fact I did it last week when I was tampering around OS code on my computer and had to restore it to factory settings in order to recover it.

Your about to over tweak. But its a good learning experience so enjoy! :)

tlaero wrote:
ShadyGroves wrote:So why should I play these episodes?? Talk about spoilers. By the time you get the last episode you'll be bored to death and not even play it. :)

<shrugs> Then don't play.

Tlaero
ShadyGroves
great white shark

Postby L1nk1980 » Tue, 18Jan23 09:13

ShadyGroves wrote:Yes there are other episodic games out there. But they're not sitting in the top spot of Play Force One over 2 years now such as RfJ. Now are they? Or anywhere for that matter.

not every game will launch on playforce one. Brad's Erotic Week is still high on the list and that is just the first 4 episodes/ they have now 7 episodes and the way the have done it is good.

I will try to play the game as episodes (I'm glad they bring back Christine) and if it's not working for me then I let them know.

then they can think about the feedback they get from they players and I can decide to wait till the season is finished like Mortze says.

and Tlaero also mentioned that they don't want the quality suffer because the quick releases/ so if this the case they realize it every 2 months.

just give it a try.

every game they release are different. and every game they make is a success. and I think the episodes will be also a succes
L1nk1980
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games