Saving Chloe (En, Sp, Fr)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Saving Chloe

Postby Tao Dude » Sun, 18Jan07 01:09

Mortze wrote:
JFR wrote:/rant over. Off my soapbox.

Is that a new "drops the mic" form I don't know? :)

If it is, i now know what 'drops the mic' means, and it predates 'drops the mic' by several decades here in the UK, along with 'I'll get off my hobby horse now'.

Excellent game, BTW. I didn't realise that the paths were named/numbered. I've only discovered the early fail where Paul gets spooked and realises he is out of his depth, and what i think is the canon path or very close to it, although i missed a few of the sex scenes in the chateau. I'm only guessing it is the canon path, because Morland and Crow get their comeuppance and contrary to a moan from one of the posters here, Elsa is still around.

From a quick scan of the images, i have missed a shedload of your best work, so I'll need to go back and fill in the blanks.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby Incognito » Sun, 18Jan07 03:23

I finished the game (all the paths). I'm not really sure where I put it in my ranking of your games... I'm kind of nostalgic about DWE, because it was the first... and the first time I played FM, I didn't like her that that much (loved the game, just not Miranda). But... After additional play throughs of FM (doing all the dates) I eventually ended up liking Miranda more than the other girls. Chloe is my least favorite of the "Angels" but that's just because she wouldn't be someone I would be attracted to the most (that would be Elsa). I'm also very fond of Serena now too!

I love how you two keep evolving your games, seeing what works, experimenting to find alternate options. I can't wait to see what you do next, in whatever world you want to do it in.

Thank You both, for all the work you put in to these games / stories
Incognito
sirens hunter

Postby Kane » Sun, 18Jan07 11:14

I love this game.
I had to say only one thing:
path with dobule date (with miranda and his boyfriend): during the entire conversation at coffee shop i fantasized like a crazy dog about miranda's boobs and during sex i would have appreciated some titfuck... how could you miss this? this is a crime against umanity [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
Kane
great white shark

Postby Nightshade09 » Sun, 18Jan07 13:42

Yea the image of Chloe's head on Elsa's shoulder was pretty powerful considering that they were the very first characters introduced to the Elsa verse.

Equally moving maybe a bit more so..

Chloe tearing up on Paul's shoulder as they're cuddling. This is what Chloe had wanted through out all of the games. A man of her own. She watched Jason and Elsa, Marc and Jess, Miranda and Lucius. She had no one but the empty safehouse

That scene of her and Paul together. Was a fantastic one and moving.

I would have used that one to end the game. Chloe drifting off to sleep in Normalcy in the arm of the man that loved her and never let go. And for the credits Chloe entertaining guests around Paul's dinning room table.
Nightshade09
great white shark

Postby Brocho » Sun, 18Jan07 13:51

Tao Dude wrote:
Excellent game, BTW. I didn't realise that the paths were named/numbered. I've only discovered the early fail where Paul gets spooked and realises he is out of his depth, and what i think is the canon path or very close to it, although i missed a few of the sex scenes in the chateau. I'm only guessing it is the canon path, because Morland and Crow get their comeuppance and contrary to a moan from one of the posters here, Elsa is still around.

From a quick scan of the images, i have missed a shedload of your best work, so I'll need to go back and fill in the blanks.

Have you looked at the achievements page? That shows you all the endings and the names and images give you clues about how to find them.
Brocho
great white shark

Postby Tao Dude » Sun, 18Jan07 17:32

Brocho wrote:Have you looked at the achievements page? That shows you all the endings and the names and images give you clues about how to find them.

Didn't realise there was one, mainly because it was hidden in plain sight: mind you I've been feeling like $h!t this weekend and my analytical faculties are not at their best.

Now i have seen the Achievements page, i have clearly found the canon path and the early fails don't even count. Time for a bit of exploring.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Postby Sarchx » Sun, 18Jan07 18:20

Well, I've only been through 3 endings so far, but here are my thoughts.

This is very well written, and ties up all the loose ends from the previous games perfectly. The graphics are great, as well and I think this is your best game yet. (But I'm might be biased, as it's about Chloe) ;)

There's a few things I'd like to point out though (both positive and negative).

First the positive....
The branching is great, it makes for meaningful paths, comming from meaningful decisions, and as I wrote above, it ties perfectly into the other games.
Very nice animations, where you move the camera. (Been wondering about that, but never got around to test it.)
The lighting, expressions and poses are superb throughout the game.

Now for the negatives... (I'm being picky, but only because I want to see you continue to improve.)
As someone else wrote, I think you need to increase the resolution to Full HD. It takes longer to render, but 1250*625 is too small.
Some of the pictures, are grainy. Even though they are not in low-light situations which can be a problem.
With Chloe being whored out for years, it seems odd that she's not only interested in intimacy and love, but also threesomes etc. That part seems off.

I liked Chloe better with the longer hair [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]

A suggestion, that you could consider for the next game.
To move it futher towards a game instead of a VN, you could have added more searchable items in the Morland house (with nothing to find), and put a cap on how many searches/actions there would be time for.

tlaero, you may want to run a search & replace for "farther" with "further". (If nobody has mentioned it yet.) It's in one of the navigation menu's in Morlands house.

So, when is the next Chloe game released ? :D
Sarchx
Sarchx
lagoon predator

Postby Nightshade09 » Sun, 18Jan07 18:53

Increase to full HD your talking about 1.5 to 2.5 meg per pic. Given that there are on average 1200 to 1400 pics. That's a hell of a long download for a text game. Oh and good luck finding a file housing site that weil let you host over a gig file for free. :)

Here's an idea mass convert the image directory to your liking. With a Photo editor.
Nightshade09
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Sun, 18Jan07 20:33

If an image is grainy, it generally means that iRay wanted a lot longer time to render it. Mortze has to pick the right tradeoff between image quality and getting the game done this century. If we moved to a perceptibly higher resolution, it would literally guarantee that the next game would take a lot longer to produce, or have a lot fewer pictures, or have all of the pictures be grainy.

Now, if you just want the image to scale bigger to fill more of your 4K screen, I can do that. But actually making higher resolution source images is not the right tradeoff at this time.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby BloodyMares » Mon, 18Jan08 01:52

Noticed on Patreon's discussion page a mention of a "bad" path. Is that the one where
you get to shoot Morland but then Chloe chooses to take his place and kills you in the end

?
If it is, I totally disregarded it as a "game over" screen :D
BloodyMares
great white shark

Postby Nightshade09 » Mon, 18Jan08 02:21

Just an idea for a short if you ever decide to revisit the Chloe story..

Maybe as a prequel.

Just how did Xara make contact with "YellowFever" Chloe. Whom contacted whom first and how did their association come about??

Also it must have been pretty dramatic considering Morland was watching her (Chloe) like a hawk.
Nightshade09
great white shark

Postby Nightshade09 » Mon, 18Jan08 02:24

BloodyMares wrote:Noticed on Patreon's discussion page a mention of a "bad" path. Is that the one where
you get to shoot Morland but then Chloe chooses to take his place and kills you in the end

?
If it is, I totally disregarded it as a "game over" screen :D

There is another bad ending in addition to that!

Crow kills Chloe and then turns on Paul.
Nightshade09
great white shark

Postby jardel77 » Mon, 18Jan08 02:32

Hi Tlaero and Mortze,

First of all, congrats on another amazing game. You guys are definitely the best team producing/creating this kind of games. And your games are by far the best (for me).

To Mortze - Man you keep getting better. The details you put in your images are stunning and make a huge difference. Tens muito talento =)

To Tlaero - The fact that you planned a story like this from the beginning it speaks volumes about your ability as a storyteller and creator. Complex, entertaining, captivating, with meaning (not just shallow stories) and very very sexyness. For those who follow your work from the start it's not anything new but I can see that you learn, improve and probably you are one of the few game creators that actually listens what the fans have to say and uses those tips to improve. On top of that you're very nice when replying so I'm a fan for sure and will be for a long time.

This actually brings me to a few questions that, of course, you reply only if you want to:
- Are you planning on creating more games in Elsaverse?
- Do you have more ideas of different universes for another games or eventually just add to the ones you have already created?

I'm just asking in order to at least have a direction of what to expect next. I say this all the time and, one more time, please don't take me wrong, because I can only imagine the amount of work a game like this must require and I'll never question that, but your games are always so damn good that I'm always expecting the next one =)

As for SC itself, I really liked the game. From the Elsaverse Chloe is definitely my least favourite character but the possibilities you created in this story with the addition of Serena (brilliant work Mortze) and still include some other possibilities with some characters from the previous games, different endings so anyone can choose the one who likes the most. The bonus ending... Finally Xara (again, perfect work Mortze) Everything was amazing =) The endings and possibilities of an entire story created a few years ago that ended now, it was really good. The only thing I have to point out is that until the part of the conversation with Miranda on the porch it actually feels that it doesn't change any outcome in the story. Of course you can save after doing that and that part is very important for the direction of the game and the plot but still, no matter the answers it actually doesn't feel that it changes much. And as I'm one of those guys that likes to see different outcomes and different paths according to the choices (and I try all of them =)) it just seemed indifferent. But this is just a point that doesn't affect the gameplay and the experience at all (it's just a tip) as I've mentioned and the game as all the others before is amazing.

Again, it just leaves me with the feeling that I'd like to know more about Xara's realm, dimension... (Specially if they look like her;P) and even to follow up some of the stories of some of the characters. Specially Elsa, Jessica and most of all Miranda. But I guess I just have to wait to see what that brilliant mind of yours comes up with next =)

All the best and thanks once again!
jardel77
sirens hunter

Postby tlaero » Mon, 18Jan08 02:49

Thank you for all of the kind words and praise, everyone. I glad you all enjoyed the game!

BloodyMares, yes that's the "bad" path. I explicitly didn't make that path give an achievement because I didn't want to force people to play it in order to see the bonus. That feedback was given in RfJ and it really hit home.

Jardel, in the canon path, if you go to the very end of the credits, it should answer one of your questions.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Brocho » Mon, 18Jan08 13:42

A question for Tlaero and Mortze. Have either of you ever said whether you have a favourite game in the series? I imagine it would be like trying to choose a favourite child, but I'm curious whether you like some more than others.
Brocho
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games