Saving Chloe (En, Sp, Fr)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Saving Chloe

Postby Nightshade09 » Sat, 18Jan06 12:00

shiblaowi wrote:I've gotta admit that in the beginning, I wasn't really a fan of SC. I somehow managed to be perpetually late to a certain location, and thus miss out on the main storyline. (I usually prefer these games main story first, then branching stories for extra goodness later) But somehow I managed to reach that cafe in time and I'll be damned if you guys didn't nail it out of the park again (I think that's the expression.) Somehow everything fits together so well, and while it feels a little less like a game then the others, the new approach to points and game overs really helps the story along.

Shhhh Don't go to work
Nightshade09
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Nightshade09 » Sat, 18Jan06 14:16

JFR wrote:It is nice to know from the in-game teaser that there will be more stories forthcoming in the world you have created. I must confess that the possibility of seeing some of our favorite characters again in the new setting is also encouraging. I know I am not alone in having developed an affinity for some of them. There is a reason David Weber has been able to stretch his Honor-verse book series to a couple dozen novels and several anthologies. When we find a character or group of characters we really like, we want to see more of them. I really like Elsa, Jess, Miranda and the rest and would like to see more. Maybe a short or two with Jess and some of what was hinted at in SC. <hint, hint>

To be honest I'm with you. As a fan of the Elsa-verse. I'm pretty much retiring as well with Saving Chloe. I've fallen to much in love with all the characters to see any other but them strolling along side the river or at a table at Delfeno's It won't be the same without them all. Including Morland and Crow! How can you even call it Elsa-verse without an Elsa? ;)

So I'm pretty much retiring as well with Saving Chloe as a regular following fan. There is always imagination or heck maybe private fan fiction!

Still Tlaero (As a writer) and Mortze (as a Graphics Artist) should move on to new projects and new stories. There is nothing more that stifles creativity then familiar routine.
Nightshade09
great white shark

Postby L1nk1980 » Sat, 18Jan06 14:57

Nightshade09 wrote:
JFR wrote:It is nice to know from the in-game teaser that there will be more stories forthcoming in the world you have created. I must confess that the possibility of seeing some of our favorite characters again in the new setting is also encouraging. I know I am not alone in having developed an affinity for some of them. There is a reason David Weber has been able to stretch his Honor-verse book series to a couple dozen novels and several anthologies. When we find a character or group of characters we really like, we want to see more of them. I really like Elsa, Jess, Miranda and the rest and would like to see more. Maybe a short or two with Jess and some of what was hinted at in SC. <hint, hint>

To be honest I'm with you. As a fan of the Elsa-verse. I'm pretty much retiring as well with Saving Chloe. I've fallen to much in love with all the characters to see any other but them strolling along side the river or at a table at Delfeno's It won't be the same without them all. Including Morland and Crow! How can you even call it Elsa-verse without an Elsa? ;)

So I'm pretty much retiring as well with Saving Chloe as a regular following fan. There is always imagination or heck maybe private fan fiction!

Still Tlaero (As a writer) and Mortze (as a Graphics Artist) should move on to new projects and new stories. There is nothing more that stifles creativity then familiar routine.

I know what you guys mend, but don't forget who makes the games. before DwE you haven't heard of else and the rest of the gang. They make the games that make you love these games

so the next game they decide to make (I hope it's in the keeley-verse) it's going to start a new or contineud a excisting story. it's going to be as good or better then SG and RfJ and I will enjoy the game as I enjoy all of there games.

if they go back into the else-verse maybe elsa is the new xara
L1nk1980
great white shark

Postby Brocho » Sat, 18Jan06 15:13

As much as I love these characters, I think it'll be exciting to see what else is happening in this remarkable world Tlaero and Mortze have created. I think it's pretty much a given that the new characters and stories will be just as engaging as the old ones, and seeing some familiar faces will be a nice bonus.
Brocho
great white shark

Postby L1nk1980 » Sat, 18Jan06 16:11

Brocho wrote:As much as I love these characters, I think it'll be exciting to see what else is happening in this remarkable world Tlaero and Mortze have created. I think it's pretty much a given that the new characters and stories will be just as engaging as the old ones, and seeing some familiar faces will be a nice bonus.

[img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

nice avatar
L1nk1980
great white shark

Postby Brocho » Sat, 18Jan06 16:35

L1nk1980 wrote:
[img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

nice avatar

That scene in the game really moved me, and it was about time I got myself an avatar, so I thought it would be a nice tribute.
Brocho
great white shark

Postby Ripe » Sat, 18Jan06 17:16

Nightshade09 wrote:Go back to lowest room of the dungeon. An have Chloe explain the device to you again. Pay attention to who built it and who maintains it.

Then latter when Xara Departs with her pray.

She's going back to the wrong people. Into the very lions den sort of speak.

VERY strong chance Morland and Crow escaped Jusitce and could be coming back. And we'll be seeing Xara again soon.

Yeah, that part made me wonder as well... was there anyone on the other side who would care about bringing Morland to justice? The Martial Artist path suggest that there might be someone but it's not very likely. I believe Xara knows that but I still wonder why Chloe doesn't warn her.

As for seeing Xara again... did you checked Dream Master story? She might return but it's highly unlikely, just as Xara said.
Ripe
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sat, 18Jan06 19:57

BloodyMares wrote:Also, doesn't he have a power of persuasion? At one point Chloe says that he can say just the right thing and mess with your head to make you open to his suggestions. Or is it not the power but rather a skill? He didn't really strike me as charismatic.

No. It's more like this. There's a guy with a gun pointed at me. I think, "What if I say, 'I'll give you a million dollars?'" and I see that results in you shooting me. So I think, "What if I say, 'I'll give you Chloe?'" and I see that results in you shooting me. So I think "What if I say, 'boeuoeabo euoauoeautoheauoaesud'" and I see into the future that you're confused long enough for Crow to get to you before you can shoot me.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby tlaero » Sat, 18Jan06 20:02

L1nk1980 wrote:nice avatar

I agree! (-:

By the way, the ideas for that closing scene actually came from Mortze. We went back and forth on the bonus a number of times. I had suggested two entirely different ones and he pushed back and suggested this one, including the outline of the discussion at the end. The mental image of Chloe putting her head on Elsa's shoulder cemented it as the right choice in my head.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Crane » Sat, 18Jan06 20:22

The only questions left are:
Did Xara tell Elsa about her great-great-grandfather?
And who/what is really Stalker? He has some "powers" too that`s for sure.

Edit:
Oh, and almost forgot. I was expecting to see the Stormtrooper and his two chics again, but no luck. :p
Crane
lagoon predator

Postby xsandman78 » Sat, 18Jan06 21:45

finally found my way through the canon path but have gone through a number of the others & enjoyed what i've seen very much enjoyed it.
From a looks point of view Chloe was a favourite of mine, so i'm happy she's getting her moment to shine. Though i wasn't particularly fond of the shorter haircut in the canon path personally.
Liked that male protagonist actually had a power & can be a bit more pro-active.
Still occasionally where i'd like more choices, like in side path in regards feelings towards Serena.(but understand there are trade offs)
xsandman78
great white shark

Postby Brocho » Sat, 18Jan06 21:47

tlaero wrote:By the way, the ideas for that closing scene actually came from Mortze. We went back and forth on the bonus a number of times. I had suggested two entirely different ones and he pushed back and suggested this one, including the outline of the discussion at the end. The mental image of Chloe putting her head on Elsa's shoulder cemented it as the right choice in my head.

Absolutely. It's a beautiful image to end the story, and so fitting that it's two characters introduced right at the beginning. Bravo Mortze.
Brocho
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Sat, 18Jan06 22:36

Crane wrote:The only questions left are:

Xara never told Elsa about Troi. Xara feels guilty that she didn't understand the significance of Troi patched up and waiting for her a second after going through the portal. Had she reflected on that, she would have spent less time recovering and would have gone after Morland more quickly, giving him less chance to get situated in this world. She does not feel guilty about Troi, though. He was a criminal and she captured him and brought him to justice. (She wasn't the one who actually killed him. She brought him in, and he was put to death.) That his "crime" was learning about the true intent of her King isn't something for Xara to feel guilty about. Morland used his subjects to do far worse things than arrest someone apposed to him. The Troi thing was small potatoes compared to that.

As for Stalker/Tora: he's the descendant of Hunter, the cat Troi brought with him from Xara's realm. This is oblique, and you'd have to have read the short story "Beginnings" to have any chance of figuring it out, but there you have it.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Crane » Sat, 18Jan06 22:42

tlaero wrote:
Crane wrote:The only questions left are:

Tlaero

Thanks for the answers. :)
Crane
lagoon predator

Postby lurking » Sat, 18Jan06 23:50

Thank you, Tora team - this is a worthy final part. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
lurking
sirens hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games