Saving Chloe (En, Sp, Fr)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Saving Chloe (en, es)

Postby Marco6661 » Tue, 18Jan30 08:33

ShadyGroves wrote:
More of Miranda in leathers riding her HOT Bike scenes. Wow! Mortze.

Biker Chicks are hot! :)

You preach to the choir... (if I'm right in English)

Something like that?

https://imgur.com/a/YKsWw

Not exactly my cup of ... coffee. [img]images/icones/icon18.gif[/img]

My 'Realm' is more there:

https://imgur.com/a/coep9

https://imgur.com/a/k3L8X

;)
Marco6661
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby Frank » Tue, 18Jan30 09:10

3 should be the canon ending ;)

As usual, your writing was great Tlaero. You and your art helpers seldom disappoint.
Frank
great white shark

Postby moskys » Tue, 18Jan30 11:42

L1nk1980 wrote:
moskys wrote:
BloodyMares wrote:
Mortze wrote:
Initially, for Finding Miranda, Tlaero suggested a 3some with Ismael, but I didn't felt doing it, not because I didn't thought that Lucas or Miranda would object to it, but because I didn't felt like it.

Damn it, Mortze! :D Now I need "Director's Cut" for Finding Miranda.

Well, no threesome related but there are a couple of Behind the Scenes perks in which we could see how Mortze understood Miranda and Lucas' 'sexually opened' (pun intended) relationship. I don't think they're going to be released for free, though. But that's none of my business

I missed that or forgot, what's the name of the perk so I can check it

Behind the Scenes - FMDel1 and FMDel2
moskys
lagoon predator

Postby L1nk1980 » Tue, 18Jan30 12:20

ha thanks
L1nk1980
great white shark

Postby L1nk1980 » Tue, 18Jan30 12:35

moskys wrote:
L1nk1980 wrote:
moskys wrote:
BloodyMares wrote:
Mortze wrote:
Initially, for Finding Miranda, Tlaero suggested a 3some with Ismael, but I didn't felt doing it, not because I didn't thought that Lucas or Miranda would object to it, but because I didn't felt like it.

Damn it, Mortze! :D Now I need "Director's Cut" for Finding Miranda.

Well, no threesome related but there are a couple of Behind the Scenes perks in which we could see how Mortze understood Miranda and Lucas' 'sexually opened' (pun intended) relationship. I don't think they're going to be released for free, though. But that's none of my business

I missed that or forgot, what's the name of the perk so I can check it

I found the perks you mend but I don't understand you

the images are the one left behind of the game for a reason. what I see in the images after FM endings in the sauna scene. and in a weekly picture Mortze give to the perks is that the not shamed to be naked around others
L1nk1980
great white shark

Postby moskys » Tue, 18Jan30 17:36

L1nk1980 wrote:

the images are the one left behind of the game for a reason. what I see in the images after FM endings in the sauna scene. and in a weekly picture Mortze give to the perks is that the not shamed to be naked around others

That's all. I mentioned those perks because these hardcore images discarded by Tlaero show the way Mortze imagines Miranda and Lucas' ordinary sexual encounters. I should have explained myself better. I used an expression (sexually opened) referring to one explicit image in which we see how 'open' Miranda was but that led you to a confussion. Apologies
moskys
lagoon predator

Postby L1nk1980 » Wed, 18Jan31 02:28

moskys wrote:
L1nk1980 wrote:

That's all. I mentioned those perks because these hardcore images discarded by Tlaero show the way Mortze imagines Miranda and Lucas' ordinary sexual encounters. I should have explained myself better. I used an expression (sexually opened) referring to one explicit image in which we see how 'open' Miranda was but that led you to a confussion. Apologies

you don't have to apologies for that. I also think they more open minded then others, but I had the renders in mind that you saw in FM end credits
L1nk1980
great white shark

Postby ArianeB » Wed, 18Jan31 16:34

I have a feeling that "Saving Chloe" is going to be the new gold standard that all future games of this genre are going to be measured. Outstanding work you two!

I like how you did away with dialogue choices mattering. That was my big stumbling block in the earlier games. That has been a stumbling block for handful of us working in this genre: How do we make a "game" out of this?

I've decided that "mini-puzzles" are the way to go. This is the way non erotic story telling games of this genre work. I recently played a game called "Oxenfree" that told a story with a mini-game of tuning a radio that you had to do multiple times to advance the story.

Saving Chloe's mini-puzzle was searching the chateau. I thought it was a nice distraction from making choices. It reminded me of Myst which did something similar in the days before exploring 3D environments became the norm. I did a similar adventure puzzle with the collect token game in Something's In The Air, and it too took a long time to program and figure out how to make it a challenge while also keeping it from being frustrating, or getting stuck in an impossible loop. Even Date Ariane has its share of little puzzles (the dress shop, playing basketball, etc)
ArianeB
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby L1nk1980 » Thu, 18Feb01 02:39

Congrats

all the 4 games you two make are in the top 10 of playforce one
L1nk1980
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Thu, 18Feb01 02:55

Thank you, Ariane! It's great to hear from you. Are you working on anything at the moment?

Although Coming to Grips with Christine will be a fairly standard dating game, I'm definitely going to be experimenting with this in Darkness Falls. I'd like for the dialog choices to not really matter, but have them still matter. In SC I tracked every dialog choice you made, but only barely used the information. I'd like to get to a place where how you behave has a recognizable effect on how people react to you without changing the ACTUAL story. In other words, you won't "win" or "lose" based on dialog choices, but I want people to feel like characters are reacting to them (maybe subtly) based on how they act themselves. We'll see how I do.

I'm definitely going to be experimenting with small "minigames" in DF. That's going to be easier to fit into the story there, since it's about two police detectives. We can have an interrogation where you choose whether to believe what the suspect says or push harder. Or we can have a crime scene where you need to find clues. Or we can present clues and have you make a decision based on them, etc. Those kinds of things are harder in my traditional "say nice things to the woman so that she'll sleep with you" style games, but I should have more latitude in Darkness Falls.

Another challenge is how to make the minigames matter. Do you make the player fail if he fails the minigame? Do you make it so he can't fail, but also can't proceed until he figures it out? Do you make the story progress but he doesn't get something he would have gotten if he had succeeded? If the latter, how small a thing? (If it's a big thing, it's the same as a failure.) Etc.

There's lot's of room for experimentation here.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby JFR » Thu, 18Feb01 04:11

tlaero wrote:... Another challenge is how to make the minigames matter. Do you make the player fail if he fails the minigame? Do you make it so he can't fail, but also can't proceed until he figures it out? Do you make the story progress but he doesn't get something he would have gotten if he had succeeded? If the latter, how small a thing? (If it's a big thing, it's the same as a failure.) Etc. ...

I am sure whatever you guys come up with will be great and I hesitate to make suggestions. That said, I do hope that if your "mini-games" include arcade-style elements you will include an opt-out choice like you did with "Learning to Fly." Some of us really despise arcade actions. Frankly, getting stuck at some "pick the lock or find the right thing within the allotted time" activities has been the cause of my deleting otherwise enjoyable games and dropping their patronage on more than one occasion. I really suck at that stuff and continually failing is not my idea of fun. :(
JFR
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Thu, 18Feb01 08:11

I'm interested in the minigames making sense for the story. I know I've done some timing based ones, but I was never happy with them. These aren't time sensitive games, so it doesn't make sense to put timing based minigames in them. The "wander around the chateau at your own pace looking for clues" idea is more the style of minigame I'm thinking of, though not likely with as many rooms to code...

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby BloodyMares » Thu, 18Feb01 11:13

tlaero wrote:Another challenge is how to make the minigames matter. Do you make the player fail if he fails the minigame? Do you make it so he can't fail, but also can't proceed until he figures it out? Do you make the story progress but he doesn't get something he would have gotten if he had succeeded? If the latter, how small a thing? (If it's a big thing, it's the same as a failure.) Etc.

It could be a mix of everything you listed except for failing the game part. Personally, if I could I would try to follow most RPGs and separate them on main and secondary quests. You could have a system for "special assignments" or have some "bonus clues". However I guess it would be hard to choose whether to make a certain content a part of the main story or make it secondary.

Can't fail/can't proceed would work for the main quests that are necessary for the story. But you don't want to make it a chore. If it's necessary to beat this puzzle then make it easier so the majority of players can move forward or you could include the "Help" button that shows the necessary solution to those who are stuck/aren't interested in solving puzzles. The latter you could even write into the story as having a comm link with another character, kind of like "Phone a Friend".

Story progresses/some hidden content would work best for secondary quests/clues. Like, have some hidden content be a "bonus scene" for those who beat the secondary puzzle/found a bonus clue. This hidden content could range from a simple arcade-like "sex reward" system (chateau section in Saving Chloe) to an "extra event" system where solving a puzzle/finding a clue leads to a certain special activity (like dates in Finding Miranda) to entirely new story branches that would unlock after completing the quest (a quest introduces a particular character/location/item/fetish/whatever else that could be available for further interactions throughout the story). Making these quests secondary in nature allows you to go as big or as small as you want limited only by your imagination and technical constraints.

I hope these ideas are helpful.
BloodyMares
great white shark

Postby Tao Dude » Thu, 18Feb01 12:44

L1nk1980 wrote:Congrats

all the 4 games you two make are in the top 10 of playforce one

Checking today, I counted 6 Tlaero/Mortze games in the top 9, with Chaotic taking the other three spots.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Postby Tao Dude » Thu, 18Feb01 12:52

tlaero wrote:Another challenge is how to make the minigames matter. Do you make the player fail if he fails the minigame? Do you make it so he can't fail, but also can't proceed until he figures it out? Do you make the story progress but he doesn't get something he would have gotten if he had succeeded? If the latter, how small a thing? (If it's a big thing, it's the same as a failure.) Etc.

There's lot's of room for experimentation here.

Tlaero

Another way to do it, given that your games normally require more than one run through to 'get' them, you could reveal some clues later in the game that make the minigames easier to crack in the next run through, or possibly allow a revisit (to a crime scene for example), rather than using the minigames as staging points that are pass/fail.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games