Roommates: Evening with Lina by SAG

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Roommates: Evening with Lina by SAG

Postby Amirne Mallar » Sun, 17Jan15 21:43

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:We're all assuming that Leo's intent is to keep making visual novel type games. His plans for the future may involve making games where Unity would be the better option.


You are indeed correct, as I remember reading something about refurbishing one of LOPGold true 3D titles in his blog at LOP.

3D games in a browser? Neat. Maybe. Pretty resource intensive as of today, but surely ubiquitous the day of tomorrow.
As a Tor user, I may unexpectedly be unable to login. Why I use Tor? I don't have issues with the law of my country. The problem arises when all police agencies and private security firms of the world insist to know if all is kosher, halal or whatever
Amirne Mallar
sirens hunter
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed, 16Nov02 21:01
sex: Masculine

Re: Roommates: Evening with Lina by SAG

Postby cefalopodo » Wed, 17Jan18 18:25

Amirne Mallar wrote:
TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:We're all assuming that Leo's intent is to keep making visual novel type games. His plans for the future may involve making games where Unity would be the better option.


You are indeed correct, as I remember reading something about refurbishing one of LOPGold true 3D titles in his blog at LOP.

3D games in a browser? Neat. Maybe. Pretty resource intensive as of today, but surely ubiquitous the day of tomorrow.


I wouldn't hold my breath about that.

Although Unity is a tool to ease the game creation process, the truth is that to use it you still need to have a minimum knowledge, specially if you want to implement 3D graphics , else there would not exist such an enormous variety of books just on that topic.

And to be honest, I highly doubt that the team in LOP has the skills to do something remotely serious or the slightest interest in acquiring them.

You just have to check, the evolution their artworks has had during these years to see it has been none.

Probably when they started it was admissible seeing cheap tricks and aberrations like simulating someone lowering his pants just turning the trouser's waist invisible while keeping the legs on, yeah I have seen such a blunder in some of their games, but as they keep on launching games it could be expected something a bit more professional, specially is they are charging you to play.

And what you get?, the same laziness and lack of attention to detail in all their games, free or paid.

Just look at the promotional image they have posted in this forum to see it full of errors everywhere, the belt of the strap-on floating several centimeters over the character, someone resting her hand on a pillow that suffers no deformation, a wrist bent 90 full degrees, busts in the same position regardless of if a person is in horizontal or vertical position, etc..

And unfortunately this kind of errors are not an exception, but a rule, open the game and you'll see the same stuff picture after picture, all the scenes taken with the default lights that appear when you open daz, just look at the shadows of the bookshelves to see that the lights don't come from where they should, clothes floating over the body of the wearer, etc...

It should not be too outrageous if you consider that is a free game, but then you try the paid ones and keep on seeing the same, people taking a shower that a perfect hairstyle in their totally dry hair, with a dry skin resting on also dry shower screen, people whose genital's texture doesn't match with the one on their body, people that has sex and neither sweats nor reddens in the slightest, just to say some. And they are still charging 10 bucks a month for this series of absurdities.

I don't know you, but if I wanted to make a buck of this at least I'd bother to read some tutorial once in a while, just to know how to use at the very minimum the morphing tool, or how to set a light or how to tweak a texture on Daz, I'm not even asking to do the slightest postwork in photoshop or to create a morph in blender, things by the way that even a lot of people that post their artwork for free in galleries like DAZ or Renderosity have bothered to learn. I'd hang my head in shame if I'd try to charge just for taking a bunch of clothes from the Daz shop, clicking a pair of pose files and hitting render.

So no, the only reason behind moving to Unity is because Flash is dead, thank goodness, and Unity allows them to take their games to the Android platform, where users have even lesser standards that in the PC market, but expect the same boring and repetitive game mechanics and lame dialogs in the future.

Adult games are the "E.T." of the 21th century, and just like Atari thought that they could release any crap just hiding behind a great franchise, lots of indie game developers think they can just make their way launching anything behind a "Hey, look, tits!", and sadly in many cases, they are doing it, you just have to look at the ton of RPGMAker untalented crap that is making more than 2000$ a month in patreon.

Better to support the few honest developers that are really trying to do some effort in the scope of their possibilities, there are some that at least try to make up for their lack of resources or skills in some areas, working harder in others, be it with good storytelling, original artwork, designing new game mechanics, etc. To cite some tlaero, selectacorp, Wolfschadowe, even the ill-fated Breeding Season project had some seriousness when it still existed, because just like "E.T." nearly finished off the game industry, supporting so many (con-)artist in the adult game genre will finish by killing it.
cefalopodo
Pilot fish
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 17Jan18 14:46
sex: Masculine

Re: Roommates: Evening with Lina by SAG

Postby leonizer » Wed, 17Jan18 19:33

cefalopodo, it is really hard to believe for me that this comment was written about our games. LOP in opinion of many has one of the best visuals in the industry.

You're saying that we aren't improving our workshop and technique. Are you serious? Just compare those games:

Our first game with 3d renders ever: http://lessonofpassion.com/lop_games.php?mygame=Date%20with%20Naomi
a little newer title: http://lessonofpassion.com/lop_games.php?mygame=Working%20for%20Evil
and one of our latest PREMIUM title: http://lopgold.com/index_lwt2.php

Now, with beeing 100% honest with yourself tell us that there is no progress. C'mon.

I'm 100% aware that we aren't able to compete with artists producing comics or just static, single renders you may find around the internet. Why? Cause our product means 200-1000 images, not just 20 or 50. We can't spend 10 hours with single image cause we're making games - we need hundreds of them. And players won't wait 3 years for a game (we were almost devoured by them with postponed release of LWT2 :).

Even in terms of cumshots - we've started with cheesy tricks to emulate it - right now we got dedicated 2d artist who paint from scratch every single cumshot you see on the screen. What's more, right now we got another, dedicated artist for locations rendering. He not only render most of our in-game locations - he models it according to our copywriters need, he texturizes everything and renders from the angles we want to present the action.

So please, spare us this tone and don't invite us for studying tutorials, cause we're doing it on a daily basis without any cheap wise-man's requests. We know our kung-fu very well young padawan and nothing you gonna say will change that.

We're moving to Unity cause the Flash is dying (not dead as you said, but dying) and playing SWF files is getting more and more problematic for average browser user. I'm certain that Unity is optimal solution for us which will allow us to develop better games - both in terms of gameplay, visual aspect and compatibility. And no. We're not planning to reach android user, who in your opinion isn't expecting as high quality as PC user. So why are you trying to be our advocate and tell others what our intentions are, if you don't know them. The only reason I see is to discredit us as a game developer but I'm fully aware that Lagooners are to smart for that - they know us for a very long time.

And why are you saying that we're not honest? We're always open for constructive critics - that's why we're posting here, we run our own blog and we never escape from responsibility. Please - if you wan't to criticize us - go ahead. But please be fair - not only to us, our players but also be fair to yourself.
User avatar
leonizer
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue, 08Nov04 00:00

Re: Roommates: Evening with Lina by SAG

Postby Amirne Mallar » Wed, 17Jan18 22:37

In fact it was one of Leonizer's games (Camera Business) which introduced me to this fabulous market niche I had previously judged lacking in quality. I had been proven wrong once and again with Claire, the exchange student, College Romance and then Coffee for Keisha (from Tlaero and Phreaky).

About Breeding Seasons seriousness... you almost got me. Fleet did what he could to save a project abandoned by its founder. For years, only art had improved, programming lagging behind. Nice joke. No, not really.
As a Tor user, I may unexpectedly be unable to login. Why I use Tor? I don't have issues with the law of my country. The problem arises when all police agencies and private security firms of the world insist to know if all is kosher, halal or whatever
Amirne Mallar
sirens hunter
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed, 16Nov02 21:01
sex: Masculine

Re: Roommates: Evening with Lina by SAG

Postby EscapeEvade » Thu, 17Jan19 02:56

Brontozaurio wrote:
EscapeEvade wrote:Apparently there is a scene with Marcie. I can't figure out how to get it. Every time I try to call Marcie it says "call failed."

I could do it when I had familiarity:15 (or more), intoxicated 3 (this is max, 4 is Hangover end's) and arousal 50 (you can do it before that, I was trying something different)

Thanks. I finally got it to work.
EscapeEvade
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun, 12Dec23 06:29
sex: Masculine

Re: Roommates: Evening with Lina by SAG

Postby tlaero » Thu, 17Jan19 06:09

cefalopodo wrote:...


Wow, I disagree with pretty much all of this--from the incorrect and pointlessly harsh complaints about LOP to the assertion that bad erotic games will do to this industry what Atari's ET did to the first console market.

Leo defines the erotic stat building RPG genre. The first LOP game was twice as good as any that came before it, and the only games that have surpassed it are a long line of ones Leo and company made. If you want to say, "I'm tired of these types of games and don't want to play them anymore," that's fair. But you can't say they haven't improved. In the erotic stat building RPG genre, Leo's team has innovated in artwork, in mechanics, in gameplay, and in story. Could they do more? Sure. Everyone can get better at what they do. I'm sure they will too.

If you don't want to pay for the premium games, don't play them. If you paid for some and don't feel that they were worth the price, don't buy any new ones.

If you want games with better posing, start making them. Seriously. I started making games because, while I loved ArianeB's game, I didn't like the mechanic that you got her drunk to convince her to have sex with you. When other people started copying that mechanic, I started making my own games to provide an alternate voice. If you don't like the pose angle of people's wrists and the fact that they don't deform their pillows, make some great games that do those things the way you want them. If Leo's customers start telling him, "We want you to deform your pillows, the way cefalopodo's games do," then I'm sure he'll do it too. On the other hand, if you do that and no one notices (because, frankly, they're not looking at the pillow) then you'll still be happy because you'll have the kind of game you want to play available to you (even though you made it). Worked for me.

As for ET vs the erotic games industry. The business situation that caused the first video game collapse is not even a little bit similar to what's going on in erotic games today. And, in fact, it can't be, because the primary driver of purchases of ET-era Atari games wouldn't even consider buying an erotic game. The suggestion that a small independent like Leo is going to destroy the entire erotic games industry by making some bad ones is hyperbole at best.

Tlaero
User avatar
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu, 09Jun04 23:00
sex: Female

Re: Roommates: Evening with Lina by SAG

Postby PSeeker » Sat, 17Jan28 21:38

So, if S&G or even LOP start to use webgl technology, apparently, I'm screwed. I can't play this game with webgl technology because apparently my video card is in the blacklist even with the latest update so the game doesn't even load at all.

Is that really a good idea? The graphics are still the same.

I don't plan to change my video card any time soon, not even to play porn.

EDIT: I just realized all the talk about graphics above lol I was talking about graphic models some months ago. There are some games with really beautiful and natural-looking girls like Roommates(one of the main reasons I want to play the prequel), but they're quite few lately. What I would like to see is less botox-like faces, less fake-looking boobs and less muscle-looking women. Arkham for example, has some beautiful faces but all women looks like having fake tits. No matter the size of their tits, they all somehow looks abnormally firms and pointed out forwards. There's nothing wrong to add some flaccidity. Club Velvet seems to have lot of women with botox or square-looking faces. I don't bother with penises but even the guys' penises looks like dildos which ruins blowjob scenes. Jacob's Rebound had some really weird faces and muscle women too, honestly. Living with Lana's heroine is natural-looking and gorgeous, maybe missing some bigger, flaccid tits to look perfect IMO. But well, I won't blame the whole team because it's obvious that there are different artists responsible for the 3D modeling, and I don't know if the responsibles for the classic LOP games are still in the team. As for the gameplay, I also miss some more interactivity. The games are too straight forward, play and finish, start all over again. In games with currency system, I would like to see more stuff to buy and play around. A more "open world" like game, free of "days" to obbligate you to finish the game, good or badly. I also would like to see some different fetishes, but I bet I won't see the ones I would like to see happening(i.e: incest, no "step" something).
PSeeker
Pilot fish
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 14Sep08 16:58
sex: Masculine

Re: Roommates: Evening with Lina by SAG

Postby lucky loser » Sun, 17Jan29 04:11

Mere gameplayer here & fan of most of LOP and others' games who post here.

I really really appreciated the walk-through, because I realized that I wouldn't have ever been patient enough to do the amount of clicking and reclicking the video (for instance) to increase "familiarity" up to 15, in part because it doesn't make sense. In the walk-through posted elsewhere in this thread, one watches a "funny video" a bunch of times AFTER one has gotten naked and massaged the roommate's breasts not once but twice. Also, (probably because this is just an experiment & not a full game) the characters end up putting clothes back on & taking them off at random times since there are a few standard set pieces. For instance, you can be 100% naked and then when you go to watch lewd videos, you're suddenly completely clothed again.

Since this seems to be an experiment, that critique may not mean a lot in the long run. But the absence of any indication of when certain milestones are reached, or any save function, made this less attractive of a game to play. Not everyone has long blocks of time to puzzle through a game- sometimes we have to break up our playing time, ya know?

Personally, I liked the art- as always the LOP look is voluptuous and very porn-star. While I like that style, it never seems as relatable as other games that have a more varied body type. (That's a broader constructive critque of LOP, not just of this game)

For this particular game, I think the repetition, lack of "save" function, and difficulty in gauging progress are the primary critiques. The continuity issues are secondary & probably due to the experimental nature of this game.

For all of that, I liked it and enjoyed the ride. Thank you!

:johan:
User avatar
lucky loser
star of the reef
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat, 09Sep05 23:00

Previous

Return to Free sexy games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 13 guests

eXTReMe Tracker