Finding Miranda (En, Sp, Fr, It, Ge)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Finding Miranda

Postby Loren123 » Fri, 16Dec16 15:15

Chaotic_VDG wrote:
I was also a little disappointed din the lack of build up to seeing her naked. When I took her ice skating, I thought it might end with seeing Miranda in her underwear, but it was more like underwear, then topless, then nude, then sex in just a few clicks.

I too would have liked to see more teasing with intimate scenes where Miranda is partially dressed. I did like the one scene where this was the case [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Loren123
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Re: Finding Miranda (publicly released)

Postby Fofunete » Fri, 16Dec16 15:45

JFR wrote:I simply cannot understand how anyone could "play all the way through" this game and not see any sexual content. That just seems impossible to me. I can only presume such a player made every possible wrong choice and/or missed the hidden choices. :??:

Actually it happened the same to me, i finished the game and no sex, was a bit frustrating for a sex game, but i'm suspicious because i suck at most games i play anyway [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
The story is not that interesting but i'll try to play it a second time during this weekend, hopefully i will get lucky this time...
Fofunete
sirens hunter

Postby JFR » Fri, 16Dec16 16:17

Fofunete wrote:
JFR wrote:I simply cannot understand how anyone could "play all the way through" this game and not see any sexual content. That just seems impossible to me. I can only presume such a player made every possible wrong choice and/or missed the hidden choices. :??:

Actually it happened the same to me, i finished the game and no sex, was a bit frustrating for a sex game, but i'm suspicious because i suck at most games i play anyway [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
The story is not that interesting but i'll try to play it a second time during this weekend, hopefully i will get lucky this time...

As a hint,
have the game display the score and watch it closely. When there is an obvious choice of two or more selections, hit the "Save" button to quick-save at that point then make a choice. If the score does not go up a point, select "Restore" and go back to try another choice. That "Save/Restore" option will save you a lot of replay time trying to find correct choices.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby chuck21 » Fri, 16Dec16 17:01

My only complaint after finishing everything is i find those games a bit too linear to my taste. Yes there some actions that will end the game abruptly but still i'd like a bit more freedom on what do to do. I feel like the choices we made at the start of the game only impacts the dialogues choices which i think isnt sufficient. If we could have choices on where to go next (the dating choices were a good start i guess but those dont really impact the end-game) and have different endings that would be great. Just my 2 cents.
chuck21
Pilot fish

Postby moskys » Fri, 16Dec16 19:30

Not sure if there's a reason for this but I notice something a little weird
Did Elsa changed the name of her bookshop in any of the short stories used as perks? It used to be 'Elysian Books' both in DwE and RfJ but now in FM it's called 'Elysium Books'. Feels weird because Marc in RfJ walks in 'Elysian' (I've just checked that) but in FM we clearly see a sign in the picture which reads 'Elysium' (and the text also reflects this name). A sign that, if I recall the text correctly, is also seen by Jason in DwE (but not by the player, since it hadn't appeared in any picture before FM) when he arrived at the bookshop for the first time looking for 'Elysian Books'. I don't know if it's a misspelling or has a deeper meaning, because there is a story called 'Dreaming with the Dead' and well, I thought that Elysium fits better if we're talking about death - I'm not a pat so don't really know if I'm completely wrong here

Also
So Tora (aka Stalker) has always been a male cat? Well, hope he don't mind I changed his gender in the Spanish version of DwE [img]images/icones/icon18.gif[/img]
moskys
lagoon predator

Postby jardel77 » Fri, 16Dec16 19:46

Hi guys,

First of all congrats for another amazing game and Thanks for it as well :) in my opinion you guys keep proving that you are the best team making these kind of games around :)

Onto the game itself this is, from this series (DwE, RfJ and FM) the game that has the most powerful character and the one I like the most (Miranda). She's amazing and really hot :) and the storyline fits really well alltogether.

On the less good part of the game I just found it a bit fast. It was just asking her out, saying the right things and no matter what of the 4 dates you choose it goes to sex straight away and it's actually just their second date. It's really cool and the scenes are really really good, for me I really like the Ice Rink and Ride dates. But after this the next sex scene is in "auto pilot" and we can only watch, something that in the previous games would only happen in the end after 3 or 4 sexual interactions. Also, I was kind of hopping that this game bonus scenes would amaze me like the rest of the game and the bonus scenes in the previous games and there were a lot of oppportunities in the story to it but then it's actually quite short and it's a bit poorer compared with the previous games. Or is there one and I didn't find it yet?

But what I'm trying to say is that this "rush" seems that the game is skiping a few processes in their relationship. On the other hand, I also believe and hope that this was your plan from the begining. Specially because in DwE we find out what's her "ability" and help her to deal with it, in RfJ she already knows her ability and we help her to control it and even to be comfortable with it but in this one we know that she's powerful, mysterious and that is something really huge happening in the story but we don't ever know what it is either from her side or to the story.

This just raised more question marks on what's Chloe's role in all this, what's her family intent and why are these characters picked to make sense in the storyline. Again, I hope and believe that this was your idea all along and it just feels like an opportunity to introduce this or these characters in the story, specially Miranda and we'll know more about her in the future but this game it's just a huge question mark.

If that was your idea you guys nailed it :)

So, the main things I want to ask are: do you guys already have any ideas on where to go next on the storyline? I hope so. And, finally, when are you guys thinking about the next release? Please don't get me wrong and I know that this was a lot of work, it's really amazing but the story and characters got to a point that we need to see the next "chapter" because this is getting too intense and there are a lot of questions to answer :)

Again, guys great work with the story (Tlaero, number 1 in writing) and with the pictures that are amazing (Mortze - és o maior;P).

Keep up with the amazing work and hope to get some news from you guys soon. Enjoy your holidays.

Jardel
jardel77
sirens hunter

Postby LIE » Fri, 16Dec16 20:32

Hey there.

As an introduction, I would like to say that I've been closely following Tlaero's and Mortze's works for awhile in the past, and after recently playing through the newest game, I couldn't help but post some feedback and criticism about it.

First of all, I have to point out something that not many people are probably willing to admit to themselves who struggle with the same things as I do. Games like these are a huge help with overcoming some of the more difficult stages of my life. Games like these hold huge potential in exploring genres that normal games would still hardly dare doing in this day and age.

I have to point out that I do not intend to straight up shit on this game for no reason, or because I dislike it. On contrary, I like this genre, these authors and the story they're making so much, that unlike ignoring "Finding Miranda" and going about with my day, I've actually decided to create an account here and post this lengthy piece of review with hopes of seeing it improve later down the line.

I'll start with the things that I like about this game:

Character depth: It's surprisingly unusual to see characters in the game about finding a person to date with with this much thought put into them. There's layers of complexity, backstory, personal problems, and character development that we see Miranda go through. It's a fresh breath of air from your usual games with the eerily similar formula of "Find a girl in a particular scenario > Try and score points with the girl > Hopefully have sex with her by the end of the game".

World Building: I like how "Finding Miranda" is set in an established universe of the previous two games, and how the three connect with each other, building their own unique world. From passively observing events of the second game unfold before our very eyes, to witnessing some background information on the details of the events happening during it. While not something new or unique, as there have been games in the same genre in the past attempting to build their own "universe" with the characters from previous games, this one makes it seem a bit more organic and less "forced", although even here some parts felt like they were there just for the sake of rubbing this idea of "Shared Universe" into the player's mind. I'll touch on that briefly a bit more down the line.

Graphics: It's safe to say that those are some of the finest work of art I've seen to date, with how the lighting, the poses and characters are carefully being put into the scene to make a good, coherent story. They are great to look at, and I hardly found this "stiffness" in the characters that one would usually observe in these types of games, however some facial expressions could have used some more work. I'll also go into that one with more detail later.

Now, from this point on, I will dedicate the second portion of my thoughts to things I didn't like as much, and things I wish to see improved in the future.

Choice of protagonist - while it's a huge step up in building the characters for your games from games in the other genres, I felt a steady "formula" building with the games written by tlaero, and couldn't help but point it out. My genuine thought about 3/4th of the way into "Finding Miranda" was "I wish I was actually playing a game from Miranda's perspective in this story". Not only has the Protagonists been hardly relateable in the past few games, they also had way less interesting story arc than our "companions".
On one hand we have a story of a character who is going through some emotional trauma, seeking a way to overcome their problems and solving the conflict ahead of them, growing as the characters and becoming better as time goes on, and then there is the main protagonist who we play as, that helps them on that journey. Not only do we not get a chance to be immersed into the characters by picking the stuff we'd like to do as ourselves, we're actively discouraged from doing so, because the game actively forces us to be either "generic timid character A" or "generic aggressive character B", with no grey line in between. I would say a controversial thing most likely, but if I was to choose to play a game where I'm a support role to a more exciting character arc, but being a male, and a game where I have a truly interesting story to go through, with character development and overarching story, but being a female, I'd much rather go with the latter.
I think a way to fix this problem would be either by not shying away from making a game with female protagonist (I'm sure there are other ways to appeal to the male demographic that way. We all like to stare at female parts, and since Tlaero's protagonists are shown in 3rd person anyways, I doubt that'd be a huge problem), or by not restricting the protagonist to adhere to a certain trait, punishing them for missing the clues on how these particular people would talk or react. Why not just 'reward' the people who follow a specific trait with bonus sexy scenes instead of punishing them by removing them completely? Personally, I'd much rather follow what -I- would do in that situation than attempt to figure out what the -game- wants me to react like.

Facial expressions - As I pointed out earlier, while the graphics to this game are probably the best 3D renders for an adult interactive game I've seen, there are still areas to improve in, and that's to do with facial expressions. As an example, and this has been prominent throughout many parts of the story, when a character is written as having some sort of emotion during a scene, for example - sadness, a picture would show a character with an over-exaggerated face of that particular emotion.
The problem with that is we rarely feel one particular emotion at the time, even if it's dominates the other ones in our mind, and they're often mixed in with the others. Depending on the situation, one might feel anger and sadness, or sadness and surprise, or sadness and contempt. Not only that, but there's also levels of each emotion, ranging from being slightly sad (I forgot to wash dishes earlier morning, now I'll miss the first 15 minutes of my favorite show cleaning them), to downright breakdown.
In Mortze's renders, instead of showing that they're complex humans with complex emotions, they seem to be fully committed to just 1 expression that is dictated by the narrative: 100% sadness, or 100% happiness, or 100% disgust, or 100% contempt. A good facial expression would be a mix of two emotions, or even three, where, for example, eyebrows would show a slight sadness (forming that "pyramid"-like shape), while the mouth would curve in a wide smile, indicating that they're really happy about something and are holding in their tears because of it.

Branching choices - Now the name might sound weird, because who would hate the branching choices? But hear me out on this one: The way "Finding Miranda" did it might seem like a start in a good direction, but it falls a bit short and is very under-developed compared to the rest of the otherwise finely polished game. It seems to be there to encourage multiple playthroughs, but all it does is force users to save their game at that particular moment and go through all 4 choices in a row, before continuing on with the main story.
As an example: At some point during the game you are given 4 choices to pick where to take Miranda on a date. It is done in an interesting fashion, by that you aren't just given a list of 4 choices, but have to actively look around the apartment for "inspiration". After the date is done, the game progresses as usual, assuming that it connects back to the "general" storyline at the end of it. The best way to go about this is to simply, like I said earlier, create a save and go through all 4 choices in a row, and then continuing with the story. All this does is take you out of experience and promotes this "save scumming" instead of trying to keep you engaged with the characters and the arc that surrounds them.
A way to fix that would be by introducing a much broader branching arc. The first day (which ends on you going home after the visit to cafe) can actually be sliced around to take you to the end of the day on similar paths but with different conditions. On 1 branch you could be playing out this "timid" character that decides not to pursue Miranda, and proceed how it went in the main game - Miranda approaches you, Is guilts you into going after her, and you go have a coffee, since you have been out of "the game" for awhile and aren't really good at picking places for the dates. On another branch you can, yourself, decide to approach her and ask her out on a date, which, subsequently, opens up two new branches, where you can pick the place where you want to go, out of three available. Then you go on that date, have the same conversation and end the day. For an added bonus, you can -slightly- vary what happens during each of the scenario, like with the "guy hitting on her" in coffee shop could also be her talking to a bored bartender that is fishing for a bigger tip, or one of the characters from a previous/future game can have their little easter egg.
This way, you're given four set of choices that feel natural and don't encourage you to save-scum just to see all of the content and still enjoy the story for what it is. On first playthrough, it would factor in how -the players- want to proceed with the story, even if, ultimately, it is forced down the same path from A to B, while "completionists" will feel like they have a lot more to explore and come back to on their second playthrough.
Imagine if alphabetical letters were "story set pieces" that progressed the plot forward, while numerals were the "deviations" on the path between. Right now the game feels like AB4C, encouraging to save in between B and C, go through all the content, then continue on. The game would be much better if it was like A44C, so that it looks like there's more choices, when in fact it is just an iteration on the first formula, with carefully hiding "B" by making it look like there's 4 different choices to choose from, when all 4 of them are iterations of the same plot development with -slightly- different circumstances.

I could probably rant for a bit more, but I feel like I've already given a substantial amount of criticism to think about. Don't get me wrong, I still like the game for what it is and think that you guys produce one of the best contents in this genre (no offense to Chaotic), but it is for that reason that I wish to point out some of the bad things so that I could see you guys get even better at it. I hope that some of what I've written helps you later down the line in the development of your new games!
LIE
Pilot fish

Postby DarthMelkor » Fri, 16Dec16 21:13

OK, a question. It looks a bit stupid though.

If Chloe and Xara are communicating via computers, how does Xara read Chloe's messages? Is someone helping her or she uses a text to speech (and vice versa) software?
DarthMelkor
great white shark

Postby JFR » Fri, 16Dec16 22:07

Good question. :lol:
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Marco6661 » Fri, 16Dec16 22:22

DarthMelkor wrote:OK, a question. It looks a bit stupid though.

If Chloe and Xara are communicating via computers, how does Xara read Chloe's messages? Is someone helping her or she uses a text to speech (and vice versa) software?

I think just with a "braille" keyboard... ;)
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plage_braille
Marco6661
star of the reef

Postby Piritiov » Fri, 16Dec16 22:39

This was probably the best game of the year. I've been waiting so eagerly that after playing I felt like a favor to come here to give my appreciation words for two of the best content creators from the Lagoon.

I'll give my review in topics to make it easier for your reading and to guide myself while writing:

- First of all, I felt totally amazed with the artwork: the Iray-rendered images gave a notorious overhaul, and combined with the noise-y effect on images, everything just fitted like a glove, and certainly will be even better for the next games. These factors helped a lot on the immersion!;
- The lines and characters just matched. Each one with its characteristics, qualities and flaws. Even with Miranda having a ton of qualities rather than flaws, all the awkward stuff still totally credible to Elsaverse;
- The story got a fast development (my opinion), leaving room to a smooth rising action that led to a tense critical peak with the climax (lots of, from couple's perspective :crazy: ) and a happy-but-not-perfect ending;
- The way how the previous games mix up with FM is also a remarkable thing. Jessika and Elsa appeared naturally, and we got the chance to know how they were after the latter facts from RfJ;
- If there's one thing I didn't like, it's the way the story started. Tlaero clearly considered popular appeal, but for me it wasn't that good as before. There's still an only way at the end, and that's good. But, I did think useless the variety of ways Lucas could take in his ass and the different dates centered in only one weekend, which affects directly on replayability, giving not much difference after the chosen date. I think that a better formula would be in giving only two date choices but adding an extra day with the other two. Once again, it's just what I think, as I don't know how people enjoyed this;
- Miranda just shook me and now is my preferred character. But there's a problem: she's still an enigma. Each day she gets a totally different hairstyle and makeup, which is amazing, but at some moments made her feel unrecognizable. Don't get me wrong, but from act to act she just looks totally different. I know that it's about her free time, but looks like she dies to always look that different;
- I really enjoyed and laughed with all the roleplaying and references in the game. This kind of things should never leave your games!;

About the game that's probably everything I could say.
Now seeing the other comments, I noticed that the lack of development until seeing Miranda naked for the first time bothered some players. But I think it's just the way she is: an explosive girl. During the game, she passed through huge ups and downs. She seems like a depressed, emotive girl full of intelligence looking for an intense love story. Since the start, she made clear that was looking for Lucas, and after the first date it was clear they'd already hook up.

Another pointless thing I'd mention is that Finding Miranda
isn't the first game with player choices affecting its own destiny that we see a colored-hair girl called Chloe living near-death experiences. The scene when Miranda was going to the coup de grâce was so goddamn... mental. The bonus story was also... overwhelmingly heartbreaking.

After all, I think all this series could make a hell of a movie, because there's drama, there's lust, passion, love, there's the thriller! Your line of games are definitely different than everything from here. It looks much more than just a sexy game, this is pure art.

So all I have is to thank you, very much, Tlaero and Mortze, for this, and wish all world's success to the future.
Cheers!
"She'll do anything to make you feel like an asshole" - Beck
Piritiov
Pilot fish

Postby caravaggio » Fri, 16Dec16 22:52

Amazing game! It felt huge compared to the others and was extremely good, I liked the opportunity to define the character at the beginning, and all the little differences that the initial decisions carried with them.. however I have to strongly protest against your "advertising" of TORTELLINI NAPOLITANA, that's just the typical american rape of our cuisine, please, don't be an accomplice of this crime :p

PS: Mortze, I don't know how to express this without sounding weird, but your asses are the best! [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
Also apart from the Amazing sex scenes you've done some incredible work with realism with a lot of casual scenes (like the one drinking a coke or the one where miranda bites er finger, great great great).
caravaggio
lagoon predator

Postby Svoben » Fri, 16Dec16 23:22

So, first off: Mortze and Tlaero, you guys make fantastic games. Some of the best, absolutely. I've enjoyed and replayed many of the other games you guys have put out and I know you can and generally do put out great work. And I like Miranda as a character (I can see where people might've gotten a bit of a Mary Sue or "trying too hard" vibe from her, but I didn't get that from her at all), I like the storyline you've got going on, and the art is, as always, phenomenal. I definitely hope there's a Chloe game in the pipeline at some point, I am sincerely looking forward to one. So I am a fan, and I apologize if the next part seems harsh.

With all that said: I haven't been able to make it through this game without either getting too annoyed and starting over, or resorting to a walkthrough, once yet. I understand what you guys wanted to do, and I like the *concept* of starting out with choices establishing your backstory, and having the game rate you on how well you hold true to that backstory, but as it was implemented in this game, well, the result is a lot of "choices" like these:

“It’s not that I’m intimidated.” [Timid +1]
OR
“You don’t intimidate me.” [Aggressive +1]

and

“So, what did you tell him?” [Timid +1]
OR
“I’m dying to know what you told him.” [Aggressive +1]

Which are, frankly, not meaningfully distinct choices. This is a text-based medium, so stuff like tone-of-voice, body language, etc., all has to be filled in by our imagination. The difference between those choices above, based on text alone, is so utterly insignificant that if we imagine those things like tone of voice differently than the author did, we will choose "wrong" even when we are making a good-faith effort to stay true to our character choices. For example, I might look at the top example I gave, and think, well, an aggressive lady's man isn't going to admit to being intimidated by anything, so he'll choose "It's not that I'm intimidated." while a shyer, more timid guy wouldn't try to pretend that nothing intimidates him, so he would specify that it's Miranda, specifically, that doesn't intimidate him, and say "You don't intimidate me." Or with the second example, I might think, well, a more aggressive guy would just directly ask her, "What did you tell him?" whereas a more timid guy would drop a hint that he'd like to know, but not ask directly, so go with "I'm dying to know..." But in both cases, my interpretation doesn't match the author's and so I don't get the points. The real problem is that neither of these responses is different enough from the other response that it makes sense get no points for one and gain points for the other; so it just feels arbitrary no matter how the author assigns the points.

This turns what could be a great game into, especially toward the beginning, an exercise in either trying to guess the author's intention or simply giving up and save-scumming, and "choices" like this get thrown at the player so fast and so frequently that I haven't really been able to get immersed in this story at all. This has always been a little bit of a problem I've had with Tlaero's games, but this one has by far the most such "choices"in it.

That's not to say none of the choices work: choices between things like, “You really are good at solving problems” vs. "I was going to deck him." actually are meaningfully different by a good margin. But IMO this game could have benefited a lot from having a lower point total altogether, and stripping out the arbitrary/meaningless choices that show up quite a lot. There's a possible 85 points by the end, but I don't see any reason the game couldn't have probably 20 or 30 of these meaningless guessing games stripped out and work better as a 55 or 65-point game, with those not-meaningful choices still being present but not having an impact on our score. It'd also leave the player a little more room to create Lucas as we imagine him to be, rather than being shoehorned into an exact choice of dialogue at every point based on only 3 decisions at the beginning.
Svoben
Pilot fish

Postby xCooLer2 » Sat, 16Dec17 00:15

Today there was a big traffic jam on my way back to home from work ... so my sick mind wandered a bit and find a strange coincidence:

There's an alphabetic relation between characters in games.

Elsa:Jason->Jessica:Marc->Miranda:Lucas->L????:?????

So my (mentally sick) guess is that next female character will have a name that starts with an "L"

Did I found any trace of this in FM?
Yes, Lucile, the girl menaced with a gun in the food court scene.

I also think all the food court scene has a sense of uncompleted, I "expect" to see this scene with different eyes in the future (maybe not Xara eyes).
It was the same feeling of the bookstore scene we had in RfJ, the weird behaviour of Miranda has been explained in FM.

Ok, enough guessing nonsense for today

xCooLer2
xCooLer2
sirens hunter

Postby Piritiov » Sat, 16Dec17 00:34

xCooLer2 wrote:Today there was a big traffic jam on my way back to home from work ... so my sick mind wandered a bit and find a strange coincidence:

There's an alphabetic relation between characters in games.

Elsa:Jason->Jessica:Marc->Miranda:Lucas->L????:?????

So my (mentally sick) guess is that next female character will have a name that starts with an "L"

Did I found any trace of this in FM?
Yes, Lucile, the girl menaced with a gun in the food court scene.

I also think all the food court scene has a sense of uncompleted, I "expect" to see this scene with different eyes in the future (maybe not Xara eyes).
It was the same feeling of the bookstore scene we had in RfJ, the weird behaviour of Miranda has been explained in FM.

Ok, enough guessing nonsense for today

xCooLer2

That's brilliant!
Would be that gunman another Morland agent?
"She'll do anything to make you feel like an asshole" - Beck
Piritiov
Pilot fish

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games