Strip Texas Holdem (sexandglory)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Strip Texas Holdem (sexandglory)

Postby master110 » Thu, 16Jun02 16:28

Leo said free to play is off but its still on. P2P version never loads the free version never loads.
master110
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby katakana132 » Thu, 16Jun02 18:03

Once the cards are dealt to flop, nothing on the screen is responsive except the X to quit. This seems like a decent (if not repetitively done) idea...but it doesn't seem to work well yet.
katakana132
lagoon predator

Postby katakana132 » Thu, 16Jun02 18:35

katakana132 wrote:Once the cards are dealt to flop, nothing on the screen is responsive except the X to quit. This seems like a decent (if not repetitively done) idea...but it doesn't seem to work well yet.

So it does eventually move...it just takes upwards of 5-10 minutes between "checks". It's pretty unplayable as it is right now.
katakana132
lagoon predator

Postby LucaNatoli » Thu, 16Jun02 19:29

According to the LOP team. They are upgrading their servers to get a smoother play back. No word as to when the migration will be completed though.

That means that the "free" version will not be playable yet, and the "free" version when it launches, will have a few scenes missing. Following the free to play style, as in if you want all the scenes, you have to join the S&G site.
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Re: medusa's curse | sexandglory - lopteam

Postby MickeyMouse1 » Thu, 16Jun02 20:50

I know this is not really the right section for this post but I did not see one for Strip Texas Hold'em. There seems to be a problem with the game. I keep getting "Internal Error" And that pretty much ends the game right there. Not sure what is wrong with the game :( it could be a good one
MickeyMouse1
great white shark

Postby exar » Thu, 16Jun02 21:58

Im sorry, but this game is just crap. Nothing more to say about it.

Besides on this:
Release a game based on this mechanics and not expect Server Problems might a little bit ...
... foolish
exar
great white shark

Postby bing6541 » Thu, 16Jun02 22:10

Still ridiculously slow, even after taking the free version down. I understand they will attempt another improvement tonight.

One of the images has Lorelei holding four cards in her hand. For Texas Hold Em???
Text error: The game calls the fourth common card "the river" and the fifth common card "the turn." It's actually the reverse.
bing6541
great white shark

Postby PinkVendeta » Fri, 16Jun03 02:49

bing6541 wrote:Still ridiculously slow, even after taking the free version down. I understand they will attempt another improvement tonight.

One of the images has Lorelei holding four cards in her hand. For Texas Hold Em???
Text error: The game calls the fourth common card "the river" and the fifth common card "the turn." It's actually the reverse.

Yup a few bad mistakes in it so far, if they are using the title Texas Holdem, clearly she would only have 2 cards in her hand, agreed, the river is the last card aka the fifth card.

So aside from really bad server issues, the game its self needs clear work, I do hope the full version of the game that people are being asked to pay for, has none of the clear mistakes that the free taster game has, otherwise that would just be silly :lol:
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby master110 » Fri, 16Jun03 16:56

PinkVendeta wrote:
bing6541 wrote:Still ridiculously slow, even after taking the free version down. I understand they will attempt another improvement tonight.

Yup a few bad mistakes in it so far, if they are using the title Texas Holdem, clearly she would only have 2 cards in her hand, agreed, the river is the last card aka the fifth card.

So aside from really bad server issues, the game its self needs clear work, I do hope the full version of the game that people are being asked to pay for, has none of the clear mistakes that the free taster game has, otherwise that would just be silly :lol:

Its the same game with two more girls. Same server same lag. Paid version doesn't work.
master110
lagoon predator

Postby Pennel » Fri, 16Jun03 17:43

It's working for me now, but it takes far too long to progress. Poker is a game that can take a long time on its own, so with long periods of calculating on the server it took far too long to get past the stripping section. Then you make one choice between seeing her nude or sex options, then you have to do the whole stripping portion again to see another. There needs to be an option for calculating locally on the user's computer, and maybe making the amount needed to progress lower.
Pennel
great white shark

Postby IdleGuy » Fri, 16Jun03 18:28

Why do calculations need to run server-side? This game is virtually unplayable. 1-2 minute loading times inbetween actions is inexcusable (with the possibility of a crash!).
The art looks nice but after playing for over an hour and only gotten to round 3 of the first game, I don't think it's very much worth it at the moment.
IdleGuy
sirens hunter

Postby leonizer » Fri, 16Jun03 21:35

Yes, the launch of our first poker game went not as smooth as we planned (saying very diplomatically). I want to assure you that we’re aware of all problems and we’re working very hard to find solutions for them.

The main issue here is the server – it’s not powerful enough to cope with all players accessing the game in the same time. Of course we were internally testing it’s capabilities and for a first glance it was looking good.

To avoid any major issues we decided to do a release in a small steps – first we presented this game on a sexandglory.com facebook page, then on our blog and then we planned to use playforceone.com website.

After facebook stage everything was looking great but when we posted it on our blog – it was to much for our servers and we’ve all started to experience problems with the game.

First we cut off free players but it wasn’t enough. Then we’ve upgraded poker servers and even modified scripts to make them easier and faster to compute. But it looks like it’s still not enough.

Right now our team is working really hard to solve this situation – we’re looking for a way to increase the calculation time or moving them from a server to a client side if possible. We’re also planning to make the gameplay faster by tweaking amount of money required for another strip sequence.

We’re feeling really bad about this situation and we plan to give all sexandglory.com players small gratification for their hard times with our girls, who aren’t so willing to strip as they should.
leonizer
lagoon predator

Postby bing6541 » Sat, 16Jun04 14:02

Glad to hear that the team is working on it. Right now, it gets redundant in a hurry.

Another way to potentially speed up play: Give the game player the option of going "all in." Right now, that is only an option for the female characters. Also, as you and the team build the game, giving the game player the option of playing as a male or female could be a good feature.
bing6541
great white shark

Postby Natali » Sat, 16Jun04 16:43

Their art work becomes better and better, but game play worse and worse.
Natali
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby Gio » Sat, 16Jun04 18:19

Natali wrote:Their art work becomes better and better, but game play worse and worse.

not really their game play improves a lot too

the game that needs click to wait sometimes it lags/or i click too much and cards from the previous game stay to the next one till its over.
Gio
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games