Academy Part I

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Academy Part I

Postby EscapeEvade » Tue, 16Apr12 02:57

Has anyone else played Academy Part I from dsp3000 on vdategames yet?

http://www.vdategames.com/wordpress/?p=745

Definitely dsp's best game so far. Some of the girls are really good. Lola made an appearance in the Maria-afternoon path in Tara Part 3. I've really liked her character model since then, and I'm glad that it appears she has a thing for the Player Character so far in the Academy series.

The setting is interesting. Seems like there are other guys there, as well, but you just never see them other than Sebastian. I mean, the dialog implies, to me, that it's not really a girls-only school, I guess.

As far as gameplay, this is definitely dsp's most advanced and branching game... though it seems like most branches give a momentary reward to only kill your progress. lol

dsp says that there are 6 "good ending" codes you can obtain. I've managed to obtain only one so far:

The code I got is: A796#

dsp says that there are 2 "best" codes, and I assume the other 4 are lesser. Maybe they're like letter grades in school... If that's the case then I suppose one way to get a code is to:
totally lay up throughout the game and have no optional conversations and do nothing risky, but then that probably nets a bad code

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the other "best" code. I feel like I am balancing risk and return pretty well to get the code I did. Any more "risk" and I'll probably get another bad ending...

Has anyone else figured out a way to get the other "best" code? I wonder if it's a specific thing you have to avoid doing or it's a matter of points, like keeping under a particular point level (or surpassing it).
EscapeEvade
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Re: Academy Part I

Postby fsunolez75 » Tue, 16Apr12 04:04

Datamining the files yields the answer you're looking for. There are 6 possible codes you can get if you finish the game. The game uses a variable, called 'inf', which I'm guessing stands for influence? But it's your happiness in the game (the left of the 2 happiness/love meters that's always on screen. Each smile in that column represents 5 points, except the first one which you get starting at 15 points. The best ending occurs when the variable is 95+, and 2nd best for a score of 90-94. In decreasing scores, it then follows 80-89, 65-79, 50-64, and lastly anything 49 or under.

I think it's a good start to this new series, I'm just disappointed that Maria is the only real love interest in this episode. I've also been unable to get anything but an under-the-desk BJ from her, and also unable to get the teasing scene from Laura and Amy where they strip down to their undies in your office.

Laura's by far my favorite girl in the game, but all of the girls look good, with Maria being my least favorite.
fsunolez75
sirens hunter

Postby Inthedepths » Tue, 16Apr12 04:59

This is a great start on this new game series. The women are great looking and DSp is making them better each time. It's wierd but I actually prefer these style renders to lop style models. It's definitely fun but it did make it tough to only have sexual encounters with one girl when there are so many but I understand there are going to be quite a few installments. Fun game and probably going to be the best on the site when it's done.
Inthedepths
sirens hunter

Postby Stormy » Tue, 16Apr12 14:17

yeah I played it. had a good ending. I don't think it has a good plot, but I like the new characters.
Stormy
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby Venom » Tue, 16Apr12 15:01

Edit: read over the part that is was available on the members site - derpy me

Where can I get a copy of this original game since I can find a link to a patch file
on the OP's provided url
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby fsunolez75 » Tue, 16Apr12 15:45

Venom wrote:Edit: read over the part that is was available on the members site - derpy me

Where can I get a copy of this original game since I can find a link to a patch file
on the OP's provided url

http://www.vdategames.com/
fsunolez75
sirens hunter

Postby GDS » Tue, 16Apr12 17:55

Never managed to get anything good from thir games without an walk-thought, so I download this one,. But am waiting for the walk thought,

I kind of get frustrated when I play 3 times in a row and get the same ending.
[*]Suddenly a Party!:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3965
[*]Matt and the Bus stop Girl:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3666
GDS
lagoon predator

Postby Wader » Tue, 16Apr12 18:01

fsunolez75 wrote:Datamining the files yields the answer you're looking for. There are 6 possible codes you can get if you finish the game. The game uses a variable, called 'inf', which I'm guessing stands for influence? But it's your happiness in the game (the left of the 2 happiness/love meters that's always on screen. Each smile in that column represents 5 points, except the first one which you get starting at 15 points. The best ending occurs when the variable is 95+, and 2nd best for a score of 90-94. In decreasing scores, it then follows 80-89, 65-79, 50-64, and lastly anything 49 or under.

I think it's a good start to this new series, I'm just disappointed that Maria is the only real love interest in this episode. I've also been unable to get anything but an under-the-desk BJ from her, and also unable to get the teasing scene from Laura and Amy where they strip down to their undies in your office.

Laura's by far my favorite girl in the game, but all of the girls look good, with Maria being my least favorite.

i don't wanting to disappoint you but
the teasing scene from Laura and Amy, from what i got, is not good for you, idk if there is a way to be succesful.
Wader
great white shark

Postby rdemon » Tue, 16Apr12 18:14

I really enjoyed vdategames back in the day, when the whole concept was new. Nowadays the plot in chaotic's games is very linear and not even well animated.
Since he introduced vdategames offsite, I got the feeling he spend less and less time for his works.

Well it is just my opinion. Others may enjoy them.
rdemon
sirens hunter

Postby fsunolez75 » Tue, 16Apr12 18:34

Wader wrote:
fsunolez75 wrote:Datamining the files yields the answer you're looking for. There are 6 possible codes you can get if you finish the game. The game uses a variable, called 'inf', which I'm guessing stands for influence? But it's your happiness in the game (the left of the 2 happiness/love meters that's always on screen. Each smile in that column represents 5 points, except the first one which you get starting at 15 points. The best ending occurs when the variable is 95+, and 2nd best for a score of 90-94. In decreasing scores, it then follows 80-89, 65-79, 50-64, and lastly anything 49 or under.

i don't wanting to disappoint you but
the teasing scene from Laura and Amy, from what i got, is not good for you, idk if there is a way to be succesful.

I'm well aware it'll lead to a bad end. I've already got the best code obtainable by beating it. Now to get the various bad ends.
fsunolez75
sirens hunter

Postby Stormy » Tue, 16Apr12 18:40

rdemon wrote:I really enjoyed vdategames back in the day, when the whole concept was new. Nowadays the plot in chaotic's games is very linear and not even well animated.
Since he introduced vdategames offsite, I got the feeling he spend less and less time for his works.

he said he plans to make 5 episodes. so there will be 4 more, nowadays he is writing the second episode. you can suggest something in his blog since he is collecting the ideas from people. he may spend less, but at least he is quick than lessonofpassion guys.
Stormy
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby bing6541 » Tue, 16Apr12 19:03

A couple of bugs that aren't yet fixed...
I keep getting Ending 7 (busted by Bridgette and the Principal while Maria is under my desk. The language in the ending tells me I should not have asked Bridgette for a blowjob. But I've never even had the opportunity to do so.

The second bug is minor, I think. When Didi comes into my office, she advises me on how to deal with distractions even though I did not select the distraction dialogue option.

I've also gotten only one code.
It's written down somewhere. A854#, I think.

There are 13 endings. Only one good ending, which I've gotten. I'm pretty sure any ending with a code is the "good" ending. Have gotten four other bad endings. Still exploring. Have not had success getting the scene with Laura and Amy yet.
bing6541
great white shark

Postby GDS » Tue, 16Apr12 19:49

Stupid question:
but how the heck do i resize the game, on every new image I keep getting the choices off screen so i need to zoom out with crlt+mid mouse
[*]Suddenly a Party!:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3965
[*]Matt and the Bus stop Girl:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3666
GDS
lagoon predator

Postby EscapeEvade » Wed, 16Apr13 02:12

Interesting... thanks for the info regarding the scores. Didn't think that codes would be in the files, but that makes sense. I'd rather earn them (even though, I admit, I do use "Inspect element" to find out what a particular choice influences sometimes).

As for "inf," I believe that's "infatuation."

As for Maria, I haven't had a problem getting beyond the BJ with her. Are you failing after that or are you just not getting the option to continue? I think, for Maria, I basically just come onto her in the cafeteria and select any answer that makes it look like I'm into her. That appears to really increase her lust.
Venom wrote:Edit: read over the part that is was available on the members site - derpy me

on the OP's provided url

Sorry, I couldn't find a link to a preview for the game on the site, so I just linked the blog post. I don't think chaotic is putting up previews of dsp's games like chaotic does for his own.
rdemon wrote:I really enjoyed vdategames back in the day, when the whole concept was new. Nowadays the plot in chaotic's games is very linear and not even well animated.

This isn't a chaotic game. It's by dsp3000, a guy who has been producing some games that chaotic posts on his site. I believe he encountered dsp after he (chaotic) made a series of blog posts explaining how he creates games, and dsp contacted him asking for help or something like that.
bing6541 wrote:A couple of bugs that aren't yet fixed...
I keep getting Ending 7 (busted by Bridgette and the Principal while Maria is under my desk. The language in the ending tells me I should not have asked Bridgette for a blowjob. But I've never even had the opportunity to do so.

The second bug is minor, I think. When Didi comes into my office, she advises me on how to deal with distractions even though I did not select the distraction dialogue option.

I've also gotten only one code.
It's written down somewhere. A854#, I think.

There are 13 endings. Only one good ending, which I've gotten. I'm pretty sure any ending with a code is the "good" ending. Have gotten four other bad endings. Still exploring. Have not had success getting the scene with Laura and Amy yet.

Apparently, if dsp corrected that first bug and provided chaotic a fixed file. If you redownload the whole game, it's supposed to be fixed.

As for the Laura-Amy thing, I am pretty sure you cannot succeed with them. You can raise their lust quite a bit, but regardless, they turn you down and hemorrhage the points away when they say they have to go to class.
EscapeEvade
lagoon predator

Postby umop_apisdn » Wed, 16Apr13 14:14

So. A few things I have found by "cheating" the game:

1. You can right click the choice you want to make and open it in a new window or tab. That should be no surprise to anyone who plays online games like this. However, when you do so, your effect (positive or negative "inf", etc) is stored and will be immediately applied to your next choice (EVEN IF the next choice is in a different window/tab). You can then close that tab and do it over and over for infinite "inf" and relationship increases and the only thing that goes wrong is the clock eventually stops working and shows "error". Also, if you EVER ask for the blowjob or anything that is "negative", that effect also stays with you forever. So, if you want the "perfect" game, do not ask for the blowjob thinking you can just carry on in a different tab/window because the effect is that Bridgette still tells the principal and this spoils conversations with other people (Didi in the hall).
2. Having done this, I ended with every person in the game completely in love with me and "inf" maxed out. This gave me the same code as mentioned earlier (A769#). So, I assume this to be the "best" code.
3. During those build actions, I have found that: A) yes you can have complete sex with Maria (but you get caught and fired) in addition to getting a blowjob under the desk (which is very likely to get you caught and fired). B) Yes, the girls WILL follow you back to your office and start to strip. But, you guessed it, you get caught and fired.

Anyway, this looks like a promising (decent art, somewhat dated story line, decent game mechanics) game and I can't wait for the next episode.
umop_apisdn
sirens hunter

Next

Return to Other sexy games