ERIN

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

ERIN

Postby caravaggio » Fri, 16Jan29 13:36

I'm not sure it is ok to open such a thread, but since half of the games competing were also published on this site maybe it's fair.

So, just wanted to let everybody who still doesn't know that the voting for ERIN are on until 7th February, the more votes the better.

http://adultinteractivefiction.blogspot.it/2016/01/2015-erins-now-live.html?zx=dfec634c15ad77c7
caravaggio
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Re: ERIN

Postby Skelaturi » Fri, 16Jan29 15:01

I disagree on posting it here. Seems to me that the nominations for the Erins are aif-central / yahoo archive only, so feel that the voters should be too.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby caravaggio » Fri, 16Jan29 16:26

I'm fine with it, if any mod thinks it has to be closed, I just thought it was good some advertising, since let me in, coffee date, working man and teacher's pet were released also here.
caravaggio
lagoon predator

Postby artorawley » Fri, 16Jan29 16:34

I disagree with Skelaturi, the voting process isn't exclusive, anyone can vote and they want anyone that played the games to vote, and as caravaggio said, all of the games with images were released on and discussed here.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby nezumi69 » Fri, 16Jan29 17:38

I might be wrong, but I also think the Erin awards were created before the Yahoo archive group was created. If you've played the games, IMO, you should be able to support your favorite(s), Especially if the recognition will give the newbie authors more incentive to work/keep working on new games. Besides which, it's simple to create a Yahoo account and join the group...
nezumi69
lagoon predator

Postby TheBrain » Fri, 16Jan29 20:50

Skelaturi wrote:I disagree on posting it here. Seems to me that the nominations for the Erins are aif-central / yahoo archive only, so feel that the voters should be too.

These are awards for AIF. AIF is a type of sexy game, and this forum is about sexy games. Totally in the right place if you ask me.
TheBrain
star of the reef

Postby TeineWolf » Sat, 16Jan30 03:37

I am wondering if AIF might require a separate designation. That's not saying that AIF has elements of game play. But a large majority of them do require an additional program, to access them. When I come into the Lagoon, and see a new thread, in "All sexy games". I am usually hoping for a new web game. Whether it be FLASH or HTML.

So would AIF, be something like in the category of "All sexy stories"? Just a thought [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

Postby TheBrain » Sat, 16Jan30 15:51

TeineWolf wrote:I am wondering if AIF might require a separate designation. That's not saying that AIF has elements of game play. But a large majority of them do require an additional program, to access them. When I come into the Lagoon, and see a new thread, in "All sexy games". I am usually hoping for a new web game. Whether it be FLASH or HTML.

So would AIF, be something like in the category of "All sexy stories"? Just a thought [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]

There really is little point to that. When you see a new thread and realize it's AIF you can just ignore it. Same for any other type of game. For example, I skip all the french games, that doesn't mean there should be a "French sexy games" section... And see how inactive the RAGS game section is, those threads might as well have been on here. Having a whole collection of barely active subforums really doesn't help anyone.
TheBrain
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Sat, 16Jan30 17:12

I agree with TheBrain. If we decided that AIF didn't belong in "All sexy games" then many of us would never have played GoblinBoy's games. And that would be a crime.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby boyo111 » Sat, 16Jan30 23:11

nezumi69 wrote:I might be wrong, but I also think the Erin awards were created before the Yahoo archive group was created.

As someone who frequented the Yahoo Group way back when (I was there when Christopher Cole was just releasing his games...) the Erin's were generated at some point while the Group was seeing more activity than it does now.

It's been nice to see more of the games from there here, I still check the group from time to time, but am glad there is more variety of games here at the Lagoon and have been spending more time here..which allowed me to discover Tlaero's games, and many others.
boyo111
great white shark

Postby Skelaturi » Sat, 16Jan30 23:20

TheBrain wrote:
Skelaturi wrote:I disagree on posting it here. Seems to me that the nominations for the Erins are aif-central / yahoo archive only, so feel that the voters should be too.

These are awards for AIF. AIF is a type of sexy game, and this forum is about sexy games. Totally in the right place if you ask me.

Picked this one out, and while i agree on people disagreeing with me. My point is that there are certain AIF games not nominated which came out last year for the Erin's who should be there. But cause they were not released on the central yahoo archive, i feel it should be as well the other way around. Why raise Erin attention here, if they themselves put them on exclusive.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby redle » Sun, 16Jan31 03:14

Skelaturi wrote:
TheBrain wrote:

Picked this one out, and while i agree on people disagreeing with me. My point is that there are certain AIF games not nominated which came out last year for the Erin's who should be there. But cause they were not released on the central yahoo archive, i feel it should be as well the other way around. Why raise Erin attention here, if they themselves put them on exclusive.

It's advertisement. Google has no say in what shows up here in the lagoon, and yet one can find the lagoon through google. Other forums also often reference the lagoon. Most people find the lagoon because somewhere else pointed them here. To argue that the Erin's can't be discussed here because it isn't controlled by the lagoon doesn't make much sense.

As a matter of fact, the majority of games discussed here are not controlled by shark. Should we ban Tlaero's games, Leonizer, and others? Just because the makers of those games happen to view these forums, they are no more owned or controlled here than the Erin's.

Not really wanting to be argumentative. I just don't see why someone can't say, "Hey, we're doing this thing. Come check it out." Besides, if anyone feels like the Erin's didn't take enough people's viewpoints into perspective, the only way those perspectives will have a chance to be included in future years is to have a link and discussion to other sources (i.e. threads like this one).

A while ago Yahoo changed their policies and made supplying them a valid cell phone number a prerequisite to creating an account there. Ever since then I haven't visited it and have no interest in supplying them with said number. It's only when conversations bleed over into other forums such as this one that I hear about things discussed there. I'm more than happy for any such bleed over.

And in case it wasn't clear, I can completely respect you having an opinion that maybe the Erin's slighted some games you thought should be included. Feel free to discuss how they decide on nominees. I have no problem if you want to voice displeasure in their design, or refuse to participate in their voting. Just saying you can't offer such opinions if threads on the idea aren't allowed to exist.
redle
star of the reef

Postby Greyelf » Sun, 16Jan31 10:44

Skelaturi wrote:Picked this one out, and while i agree on people disagreeing with me. My point is that there are certain AIF games not nominated which came out last year for the Erin's who should be there. But cause they were not released on the central yahoo archive, i feel it should be as well the other way around. Why raise Erin attention here, if they themselves put them on exclusive.
I don't know Erin's selection criteria for which stories/games get nominated and I don't know if someone (like an Author/Creator) needs to nominate a story/game for it to be considered for inclusion or if the Erin people do the nomination selections themselves (and at the moment I am too lazy to go find out) but if there are stories/games which you believe should be included that aren't did you try contacting the Erin people to suggest them for nomination?

With all the different websites stories/games get released on, some public like the lagoon and some owned by the Author/Creator's themselves, I can understand if the Erin people miss some.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby artorawley » Sun, 16Jan31 11:17

Even if Dreaming With Elsa wasn't nominated, it would be neat to see Tlaero win the Badman Memorial Award. Not even being cheeky, but I honestly don't know who else in the community is more deserving considering Tlaero's past releases as well as providing Adventure Creator that's now being used by new creators. So yeah, with a wink and a nudge maybe we can do something about that, eh? ;)
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby boyo111 » Sun, 16Jan31 12:04

Greyelf wrote:I don't know Erin's selection criteria for which stories/games get nominated a.....

Most of it is fan nominated but there are specific criteria as to where the games are released, available.

Criteria is here: http://adultinteractivefiction.blogspot.com/2016/01/the-erins-discussion.html

The most specific item is #3:
3. They must have been published (ie. posting a link to the game) on the aifarchive Yahoo! group or AIF Central blog by the author, or with the author's permission.

It's been awhile but since it came up, these started in 2002 with a hiatus in 2009. So yeah, its been running awhile.
boyo111
great white shark

Next

Return to Free sexy games