Redemption for Jessika (En, Sp, Fr, It, Ge)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Redemption for Jessika

Postby Dolphin-BR » Sat, 16Feb13 00:15

tlaero wrote:1) Dialog trees
I'm not a big fan of these. The biggest trouble is that I don't want you to have to play the game through again and again to get subtly different content...

2) Dialog "wheels"
This is what Bioware games do (Mass Effect, etc). You get to a point in a conversation with a character and you can choose a bunch of options, but they all circle back to the same point...

3) Light Side vs Dark Side
Another Bioware aspect where you do the same game twice, once playing one kind of character and again playing a different type of character...

4) Dialog choices that don't cause (significant) branches.
This is one of the easier interactivity options to do, but it's also probably the least satisfying...

5) Whole scene choices
Do I go to the strip club or to the bar? A lot of games do this. Kind of a dialog tree at the granularity of entire scenes...

6) Multiple full paths
"Good" vs "Lewd" path or "Do I date Jane or Jennifer?" This is really just doing multiple games bundled together...

7) Non-linear scenes
This is something I did in Life With Keeley. In large part, you could do the various scenes in any order and still get to the end...

8) Scenes you can "miss"
I did a fair number of these in RfJ. If your score wasn't high enough, you could miss the striptease + blowjob scene and still complete the game successfully...

9) Bad choices
Dead end choices that result in the game stopping suddenly...

10) Others?
Is there something I haven't covered?

Which of these things do you like and dislike? What could I do in my games to make you feel like your choices are having an impact on what is happening? I'm interested in hearing your opinions on all of this.

Tlaero

1) Dialog trees
It only make sense if the content leads to important information or to a different path in the game.

2) Dialog "wheels"
Same as above, only the mechanics is different.

3) Light Side vs Dark Side
It's good to have different paths you can choose.

4) Dialog choices that don't cause (significant) branches.
Options that don't have an effect in the game mean nothing to me.

5) Whole scene choices
That's more like a game to me. I fully enjoy these options.

6) Multiple full paths
That's more like a game to me. I fully enjoy these options.

7) Non-linear scenes
I like when I don't have to follow a defined sequence of events.

8) Scenes you can "miss"
It is interesting as a bonus part of the game.

9) Bad choices
If you have save games I don't mind that some really bad options can finish the game precociously.

10) Others?
In an erotic game, the sex scenes are the player's reward, and it is my expectation that I will have some control during these scenes.
I like when I can choose to kiss the girl first or go straight to sex, or rub her butt, or boobs, or go straight to anal sex, or begin with oral sex. And in the end I like to pick where I want to climax (Inside, outside, over her body) I really like when I decide what to do.
I hate when I have to follow some sort of a sex map like the usual: First kiss, then rub her boobs, then rub her sex, than oral sex, then vaginal sex, then anal sex (if it is even there)
Dolphin-BR
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby tlaero » Sat, 16Feb13 01:48

bing6541 wrote:BTW, where is the branch in LwK? I'd be interested in checking it out.

In LwK, when Keeley and Keisha were having coffee and talking, there was a dialog branch where they talked about the time Keisha's boyfriend convinced her to have Keeley join them and the wedge it drove between them. That was foreshadowing for the next game, but most people didn't see it because you got more points if you went down a different dialog branch.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby EscapeEvade » Sat, 16Feb13 05:40

Allow me to preface this by saying I have an absolutely awful memory...

Is Miranda from another game that I totally don't remember? I mean, Dreaming with Elsa was a fantastic game, but I totally don't remember Miranda. Was she from an earlier game?

Anyway... Another great game. Really, really liking this so far. Jessica/Jessika is a great female lead, which you have a great knack for creating.
Last edited by EscapeEvade on Sat, 16Feb13 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
EscapeEvade
lagoon predator

Postby Dasati » Sat, 16Feb13 11:09

Nope she isn't, Finding Miranda will be the next game from Tlaero and Mortze.
Dasati
lagoon predator

Postby montybet » Sat, 16Feb13 17:13

I thought Dreaming with Elsa was good, but man! This one is just... wow
montybet
great white shark

Postby azerukaze » Sat, 16Feb13 17:42

Just played the game last night and it was amazing! The sex in the elevator was beyond hot!

@tlaero
It's plain to see that you're a talented writer. I would play your game or read your story even if it's not adult oriented. Notice some grammatical errors and weird lines but the story as a whole was awesome!

@mortze
I've been a fan since Dreaming with Elsa. Really love your character designs. I have mixed feelings towards the new Miranda but that's just me.

Both of you worked wonders together. Definitely looking forward to the next game.

Cheers.
azerukaze
sirens hunter

Postby EscapeEvade » Sat, 16Feb13 19:26

Dasati wrote:Nope she isn't, Finding Miranda will be the next game from Tlaero and Mortze.

Right-o. Thanks for the info. I'll be looking forward to that. Absolutely loved her character design in the short time she appears.
EscapeEvade
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Feb14 04:21

Thanks for all the feedback folks. That's helping me figure out what I'm going to do for the next game.

EscapeEvade, what Dasati said is correct. RfJ is the first game Miranda was in, though she is the title character in the next game we're going to do.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby john milton » Sun, 16Feb14 12:17

I think that the absolute priority is telling the story that you have in mind, it might be your experience in writing but having people aching for more story, details, answers, is your games’ trade-mark.

I’d say that the Dialog "wheels" could be a nice compromise, it suits every player’s needs: if you want to know more, you can; if you just want to get to the next sex scene as fast as possible than you can skip part of the dialogue.
This formula gives the player the opportunity to explore both characters much deeper, and during the game you might get the chance to use your knowledge (buying the perfect present, telling her something meaningful or simply gaining the ability to understand her feelings when something happen).

A thing I’d really love to suggest, which I think gives both the opportunity to implement the interactivity and makes the playing character much more real, is having a few occasions where you get to choose the way you should act, I mean choosing between a red spot on the left and a blue one on the right. If you click on the red spot you’ll feel angry, If you click on the blue one you’ll feel supportive (this is just an example).
When you choose the one or the other, it opens a range of options of what you should say or do.
The other character will obviously react in different ways; you will get more or less points and different outcomes (ex. Let’s go to sleep vs. tonight you’ll sleep on the sofa!).
This should not cause big changes in the storyline, but at the same time it could (slightly) influence the personality of both characters.

But again, giving precedence to interactivity instead of your storytelling is a huge, huge loss. At least from my perspective.
John
john milton
lagoon predator

Postby Vsevolod » Sun, 16Feb14 13:55

Hi! I find this game a little disappointing, The story is the thinnest so far, linear and predictable. Sex scenes are well directed, but all female characters are not sexy at all. The policewoman has ugly breasts, Sera B is average looking, and Jessika looks even ugly in some scenes, she is faraway from beauty and charisma of Keisha or Elsa. I am not a fan of lesbian sex, but when it is already there, why not allowing the guy to join? I am sorry, T&M, I know you spent a lot of time working on this, but you set very high standards with your previous works, and this is just not as good.
Vsevolod
sirens hunter

Postby caric » Sun, 16Feb14 14:40

Vsevolod wrote:Hi! I find this game a little disappointing, The story is the thinnest so far, linear and predictable. Sex scenes are well directed, but all female characters are not sexy at all. The policewoman has ugly breasts, Sera B is average looking, and Jessika looks even ugly in some scenes, she is faraway from beauty and charisma of Keisha or Elsa. I am not a fan of lesbian sex, but when it is already there, why not allowing the guy to join? I am sorry, T&M, I know you spent a lot of time working on this, but you set very high standards with your previous works, and this is just not as good.

Finally i see someone with whom i share the same thoughts on this game, i'm a bit surprised of seeing so much positive talk about this game, i didn't find it that great, but probably i may be the black sheep, the weird guy [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]
Don't get me wrong, I very liked the previous games cwk and lwk, but i found the main story of this game disappointing, and the rockstar chick thing very cliched and uninteresting, the graphics yes, are a step further from the previous games, but honestly lopgold games and others are way better on that department, and after i've been playing with daz studio for a couple weeks i may say much better looking things could be made with it (iray anyone?).
i don't wanna sound too negative and it's just my personal opinion, it's a free game after all and a lot of work was put into it, i respect that, i can't complain much more, and at the end of the day i will still have some interest on playing further games from them [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img] but this one was a disappointment for me :(
caric
sirens hunter

Postby john milton » Sun, 16Feb14 16:11

caric wrote:
Vsevolod wrote:Hi! I find this game a little disappointing, The story is the thinnest so far, linear and predictable. Sex scenes are well directed, but all female characters are not sexy at all. The policewoman has ugly breasts, Sera B is average looking, and Jessika looks even ugly in some scenes, she is faraway from beauty and charisma of Keisha or Elsa. I am not a fan of lesbian sex, but when it is already there, why not allowing the guy to join? I am sorry, T&M, I know you spent a lot of time working on this, but you set very high standards with your previous works, and this is just not as good.

Finally i see someone with whom i share the same thoughts on this game, i'm a bit surprised of seeing so much positive talk about this game, i didn't find it that great, but probably i may be the black sheep, the weird guy [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]
Don't get me wrong, I very liked the previous games cwk and lwk, but i found the main story of this game disappointing, and the rockstar chick thing very cliched and uninteresting, the graphics yes, are a step further from the previous games, but honestly lopgold games and others are way better on that department, and after i've been playing with daz studio for a couple weeks i may say much better looking things could be made with it (iray anyone?).
i don't wanna sound too negative and it's just my personal opinion, it's a free game after all and a lot of work was put into it, i respect that, i can't complain much more, and at the end of the day i will still have some interest on playing further games from them [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img] but this one was a disappointment for me :(

I guess we're a bunch of weird guys here, so there's no need to feel like a black sheep, tastes are tastes and that's something i can not oject.
But i'm replying to your comment cause i'm having the opportunity to explore this game in depth, and this could give you the chance to look at the game from another perspective and, maybe, to enjoy this game in it's full potential.

You're judging predictable a game wich title summarizes half of the plot, this probably means that the author's aim was not to insert dramatic turn of events, or making you wander "what the hell is going on?".
Evidently the author's goal was to explore, in depth, the emotional and relational dynamics of these characters; what happens or what they do is in the background despite the humanity and personal grouth of the characters.

Well i can't really say that the girls are not beautiful, Sylvia looks like Megan Fox while Sarah and Jessica are just ravishing. But again, did you pay attention to all the expression they made in the game, the number and the expressivity of their emotions was priceless, and i suggest you to focus on details in Mortze's works. there's always something meaningful, even if it's difficult to notice.

They didn't allow Marc in beacause it was both a nonsense from the inner storyline, and beacause keeping him out of the games create a sexual tension that endures the whole game. (You just unload it in the very end of the game).

These are just a few points, i'd suggest you to play again with a different perspective, trying to understand the reason behind their choiches,
it's a memorable experience, and a great piece of art.

John
john milton
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Feb14 16:15

Thank you for the feedback, folks. Everyone likes different things, and it's fine that you didn't like this. To help me, though, can people who felt the story wasn't very good point me at erotic games that had stories they liked?

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby BloodyMares » Sun, 16Feb14 18:29

Congratulations on another successful game, Tlaero, RfJ is incredible. I guess it's the first game that was able to destroy my boner in seconds because of unexpected serious events. I was completely submerged into the story. Completed the game with hidden score and got the best ending.
Plot is interesting so far. I'm curious about why was Marc immune and what are the opposite sides are. Is it like 2 powerful organisations recruiting meta-humans to their sides (S.H.I.E.L.D./Hydra) or is there some biblical reference going on (Angels/Demons)?

The only thing that I didn't enjoy in this game was a "Lewd" path. Or the execution of it rather. Chloe isn't really a character that I'd like to mess with after the events of DwE. Why was Marc so open to tell her every detail he knows about Jess? She was a complete stranger. And poor cutie Gary. His wife is really evil. I wish I could comfort him...
But I guess you were mainly focused on making a "Nice path" so it's not a big deal. I wish there was a "lewd path" with Jessika though like in DwE.

P.S. is there a chance you're on social.bioware forums?

And Mortze, Silvia is amazing. She looks really beautiful. Reminds me of Celina Jade a bit. A pity she had a really small role (but memorable). I hope to see more of her in the future.
BloodyMares
great white shark

Postby Mortze » Sun, 16Feb14 18:55

BloodyMares wrote:And Mortze, Silvia is amazing. She looks really beautiful. Reminds me of Celina Jade a bit.

john milton wrote:Well i can't really say that the girls are not beautiful, Sylvia looks like Megan Fox

Funny, I see neither of them in Silvia. That enforces this theory I have that I see some facial features that looks like a celebrity and someone else doesn't see it at all. And when they point me to someone that also looks like a celebrity I don't agree... I could say it is something wrong with me but I think it has something to do with brain recognition process that change slightly from person to person.
I myself think that Silvia is more akin to Chaterine Zeta Jones. I'm sure most of you won't see her like that. :) Funny thing the brain.

caric wrote: wrote:
Vsevolod wrote:
Hi! I find this game a little disappointing, The story is the thinnest so far, linear and predictable. Sex scenes are well directed, but all female characters are not sexy at all. The policewoman has ugly breasts, Sera B is average looking, and Jessika looks even ugly in some scenes, she is faraway from beauty and charisma of Keisha or Elsa. I am not a fan of lesbian sex, but when it is already there, why not allowing the guy to join? I am sorry, T&M, I know you spent a lot of time working on this, but you set very high standards with your previous works, and this is just not as good.

Finally i see someone with whom i share the same thoughts on this game, i'm a bit surprised of seeing so much positive talk about this game, i didn't find it that great, but probably i may be the black sheep, the weird guy
i don't wanna sound too negative and it's just my personal opinion, it's a free game after all and a lot of work was put into it, i respect that, i can't complain much more, and at the end of the day i will still have some interest on playing further games from them but this one was a disappointment for me

I suppose we/I can't please everybody. Thanks for playing anyway and to give us your insight.
Just for my defense, because this is something that has to be said, I agree that IRay is the bomb and it produces far better pictures. The problem is that it's way more expensive to make games with IRay. It renders on GPU only and GPUs aren't very cheap. For me to start making games, with 1000+ pics I'd need to have at least more 10GBs of GPU power. It's going to take some time before I can afford it.
Please, do criticise any artist or writer, or coder, any person that devotes his time on making free games, in a positive way, and try to give ideas and insight for them to make their work even better. But please do refrain from giving such comentary about hardware or software. One thing is ideas, talent, work. Another one is things people can't afford.
I would never criticise a game artist for using the same bland and boring clothes or hair on a model. Those things cost money.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games