Working Man v1.01 (August 8th 2015)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Working Man v1.01 (August 8th 2015)

Postby zucchort » Wed, 15Aug12 22:53

artorawley wrote:Whether he intended to or not, ice including the Claire and doll anatomy pictures in the game has resulted in a rather brilliant psychological study. The obsession and discussion about something that by all intents and purposes doesn't exist in the game is rather fascinating to observe.

Every secret is fascinating
zucchort
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Re: Working Man v1.00 (August 2nd 2015)

Postby Frank » Thu, 15Aug13 02:54

Random items:
I feel like I looked for Stephanie's panties in the living room and couldn't find them. I know I looked for them in the bedroom before Sharon ever arrived and didn't find them. I suppose since that isn't the wanted solution in the first part, and it ends up being a good thing in the second, that the desired result is forced. Most of the game so far has played quite smoothly, so it was a bit surprising when a hack such as this showed up.

Two things I dislike about turn counters in this sort of game: 1. Not knowing which turn I'm on/how many turns I have. 2. That mistyped commands or failed guess the verb/noun attempts often still count as a turn.

Finding the album (half the diary) and knowing my wife's been cheating on me, then being caught cheating myself, and having her infidelity never be brought up because I haven't found the 2nd half of the hidden journal fell rather flat. Maybe the whole relationship would have still crumbled, and maybe she would have still won the house and kid, but treating it like... "well, you didn't find it all, so we'll treat it like you found nothing," never sits right with me.
[/quote]

I agree. If you find Laura's album, it should count for something.
Frank
great white shark

Postby xravensfan » Thu, 15Aug13 05:28

Great great game. I think this is my favorite game in the adrift format. And that is saying alot!

Couple of quick points.
1. If this is not goblinboy... this is someone that uses ALOT of his tendancies. I largely assume that this is him. (I don't care what he calls himself... just keep making great games!!)
2. About Claire... no matter what ice intended, some websites do not allow posting of material with under age stuff in it. I would assume that is what is going on.
xravensfan
lagoon predator

Postby deadpool » Thu, 15Aug13 14:11

ppoopp wrote:Are people here really that sick that they are looking for any scenes with Claire and hope she would be in ending? I mean, come on, this is disgusting.
I enjoyed this game a lot, it's great, but if I knew there was even one scene like that I wouldn't play it ever again and I'd report it on proper channels.

Just a question: Are you a fan of Goblinboy's work?

If so, you should check most of his characters ages...
deadpool
great white shark

Postby JolllyTodger1 » Thu, 15Aug13 14:13

deadpool wrote:Just a question: Are you a fan of Goblinboy's work?

Are the ages ever specified in his games?
JolllyTodger1
great white shark

Postby deadpool » Thu, 15Aug13 14:44

JolllyTodger1 wrote:

If claire's age was unspecified, would it make it better?

Camping trip characters were clearly underage and Molly, in sd2, was at least 15 or less. As for incest there are countless games containing incest on here.

As it was said before, if you don't like the topics in a game, just don't download it.
deadpool
great white shark

Postby artorawley » Fri, 15Aug14 07:28

Frank wrote:Random items:
I feel like I looked for Stephanie's panties in the living room and couldn't find them. I know I looked for them in the bedroom before Sharon ever arrived and didn't find them. I suppose since that isn't the wanted solution in the first part, and it ends up being a good thing in the second, that the desired result is forced. Most of the game so far has played quite smoothly, so it was a bit surprising when a hack such as this showed up.

Two things I dislike about turn counters in this sort of game: 1. Not knowing which turn I'm on/how many turns I have. 2. That mistyped commands or failed guess the verb/noun attempts often still count as a turn.

Finding the album (half the diary) and knowing my wife's been cheating on me, then being caught cheating myself, and having her infidelity never be brought up because I haven't found the 2nd half of the hidden journal fell rather flat. Maybe the whole relationship would have still crumbled, and maybe she would have still won the house and kid, but treating it like... "well, you didn't find it all, so we'll treat it like you found nothing," never sits right with me.

Yeah, the panties thing bugged me on my first playthrough. After reloading and undoing I eventually realized that the panties are a visible object in the room right up until the actual blowjob, at which point they inexplicably disappear. For whatever reason I guess ice intended for the user not to be able to find them no matter what. Just a minor quibble, but it seems like multiple people went through similar frustration trying to find them to prevent angering Laura, and so I would have preferred if ice included an option to take them much like showers can be used to cover tracks.

Anyways, just wanted to sing my praise for this game again as I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if ice is working on his next game or not, but if he is then here's hoping it doesn't take multiple years like this one did.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby Cochise » Fri, 15Aug14 17:42

deadpool wrote:
JolllyTodger1 wrote:

Camping trip characters were clearly underage and Molly, in sd2, was at least 15 or less. As for incest there are countless games containing incest on here.

As it was said before, if you don't like the topics in a game, just don't download it.

Not to mention there is actual incest in SD3 and Meteor.
Cochise
lagoon predator

Postby Skelaturi » Fri, 15Aug14 17:55

Cochise wrote:
deadpool wrote:
JolllyTodger1 wrote:

Not to mention there is actual incest in SD3 and Meteor.

not to forget Gift of Pha Phu a lets go with Phil
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby SpikeTheGoat » Fri, 15Aug14 20:39

artorawley wrote:
Frank wrote:Random items:

Yeah, the panties thing bugged me on my first playthrough. After reloading and undoing I eventually realized that the panties are a visible object in the room right up until the actual blowjob, at which point they inexplicably disappear. For whatever reason I guess ice intended for the user not to be able to find them no matter what. Just a minor quibble, but it seems like multiple people went through similar frustration trying to find them to prevent angering Laura, and so I would have preferred if ice included an option to take them much like showers can be used to cover tracks.

Anyways, just wanted to sing my praise for this game again as I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if ice is working on his next game or not, but if he is then here's hoping it doesn't take multiple years like this one did.

Yeah that was actually something that happened on my first playthrough.

Granted the idea of taking them wasn't to hide them from Laura (I hadn't reached that point yet), I just saw underwear tossed down and wanted it. After getting a message that I couldn't right now, then not being able to find them after she left irked me to know end. It seems just a way to forcefully push the story which is okay I guess, but would have preferred either a way to get them or a way to make it impossible to do so (she ushers you out of the room and you all take stephanie home or whatever - something to stop you from being able to root around and find/get them)

Still, as you said, really great game! ;)
SpikeTheGoat
great white shark

Postby Ice » Sat, 15Aug15 01:49

Hi everyone,
I've added a link to a .blorb version of the game in the first post. This is for those who wish to try the game on Unix/Linux. Note: You will need to download the proper version of the Adrift Runner from the Adrift web's site, as it is not compiled with the .blorb.

Also, here are some recommendations from a fellow player who tried it on Linux.
Cheers
Ice

Trucla wrote:Hello again!
I've made a more extensive test of the puppy, while not having played it till the end, and here are my advices for playing it in Linux:
1.- Don't install a Mono version other than the furnished by the Linux distro installed. Failing to do so can result in the need of re-installing Linux.
2.- Don't use map (the only thing Adrift has better than RAGS), in order to reserve all the right part of the window to the graphics, needed for avoiding pictures being truncated.
3.- Adjust the size of the right part of the window, making it about the same size of the text part.
4.- Use the command <adjust graphic window> and fix its settings when seeing actual size centered.
5.- As for reasons not of my knowledge some words that were in bold format in the first version are in normal format (at least I noticed that in the first reference to the bookstore) now, it's better to call the attention of players to this fact.

I think that if you so wish you may publish the blorb version as an option for Linux lovers who haven't a Windose box.

Thanks!
Ice
great white shark

Postby Ramirez™ » Sun, 15Aug16 08:56

First of all I think it's a great game.
Lots to do, lots of variations.

I finished it a few times and went up to 100% with some help.
But now I'm wondering.
I tried playing the good guy. So, no cheating. But I caught Laura .
And what do I get as an endeing? #1. Love forever.

Isn't that a little odd when you find out what she is doing?
Ramirez™
great white shark

Postby Cochise » Tue, 15Aug18 03:31

I could be wrong about this, but you're supposed to be a cheater from the start, right? I mean regardless of what you do, the character pervs over the girl at the supermarket and his coworkers, and not in a normal way, but actively trying to get close to the women to have sex. No avoiding that. Also, if you read the text carefully during Anna's scene, it's quite apparent it's not the first time they've had sex.

I don't really mind, it's just the way the story goes.
Cochise
lagoon predator

Postby artorawley » Tue, 15Aug18 05:13

Cochise wrote:I could be wrong about this, but you're supposed to be a cheater from the start, right? I mean regardless of what you do, the character pervs over the girl at the supermarket and his coworkers, and not in a normal way, but actively trying to get close to the women to have sex. No avoiding that. Also, if you read the text carefully during Anna's scene, it's quite apparent it's not the first time they've had sex.

Yeah, this story picks up long after the PC first cheated on his wife. Honestly, though, considering what the game's about and the description, you should know what kind of game this is from the get-go.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby Ramirez™ » Tue, 15Aug18 06:49

Cochise wrote:I could be wrong about this, but you're supposed to be a cheater from the start, right? I mean regardless of what you do, the character pervs over the girl at the supermarket and his coworkers, and not in a normal way, but actively trying to get close to the women to have sex. No avoiding that. Also, if you read the text carefully during Anna's scene, it's quite apparent it's not the first time they've had sex.

Of course you are supposed to get laid as much as possible.
But trying the opposite can sometime's be challenging too.
In some AIF's it sometimes is harder to avoid the sex, then to get it, but still reach the end.
Meteor is a good example of how hard it can be not to cheat and reach the end. ( Saying that, I should play that one again! ;) )

But you are right about Anna. I forgot that.
Ramirez™
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games