Help pick the next Tlaero and Mortze game

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Which game should we do next?

Finding Miranda
55%
Redemption for Jessika
45%

Total votes : 175

Re: Help pick the next Tlaero and Mortze game

Postby Greyelf » Sun, 16Jan03 22:36

Mortze wrote:But by my personal experience, and I reflect it in the character ...
We now know one of the reasons you do great scenes, you are basing them on your life! :lol: [img]smile/eek.gif[/img] :na:
Greyelf
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby Dasati » Mon, 16Jan04 13:50

Mortze wrote:
MisterU wrote:Also most guys that wear glasses usually remove them before engaging on sexual activities, at least i do

I don't know what study did you make to say such statement :))
But by my personal experience, and I reflect it in the character, if I take of my glasses I'd not enjoy what has to be visually enjoyable. I just can't because I'd be as good as blind. So, yeah, I like to keep my spectacles on :)
I like to think that I'm not the sole weirdo on earth to do that.

I'm in a similar boat, without my glasses everything has a blurry unfocused edge to it. I'd guess it'd really depend on why you needed glasses, some only need them for seeing small details such as reading glasses, others are practically blind without them.
Dasati
lagoon predator

Postby GDS » Mon, 16Jan04 16:58

Dasati wrote:
Mortze wrote:
MisterU wrote:Also most guys that wear glasses usually remove them before engaging on sexual activities, at least i do

I don't know what study did you make to say such statement :))
But by my personal experience, and I reflect it in the character, if I take of my glasses I'd not enjoy what has to be visually enjoyable. I just can't because I'd be as good as blind. So, yeah, I like to keep my spectacles on :)
I like to think that I'm not the sole weirdo on earth to do that.

I'm in a similar boat, without my glasses everything has a blurry unfocused edge to it. I'd guess it'd really depend on why you needed glasses, some only need them for seeing small details such as reading glasses, others are practically blind without them.

I dont use glasses But I agreed!!
If you cannot see what is the point of doing it?
[*]Suddenly a Party!:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3965
[*]Matt and the Bus stop Girl:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3666
GDS
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Mon, 16Jan11 02:20

Okay, we're basically down to the final two sex scenes and testing. The dialog is all done, and so is the programming. Although things have slowed down since I went back to work, we're getting really close.

I'm going to announce which game we selected soon. Anyone want to do any last minute speculation?

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby sharksfan » Mon, 16Jan11 03:25

tlaero wrote:Okay, we're basically down to the final two sex scenes and testing. The dialog is all done, and so is the programming. Although things have slowed down since I went back to work, we're getting really close.

I'm going to announce which game we selected soon. Anyone want to do any last minute speculation?

Tlaero

I'll take a crack at it!! [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] Based on the hair-color and body structure of the teaser scene and comparing it to the two main characters to both (potential) games....my guess (and my preference) would be Redemption for Jessika. But we'll see!!!

And many thanks to you, Tlaero, and Mortze for this game. And many well wishes to your future work!!
sharksfan
great white shark

Postby azerukaze » Mon, 16Jan11 06:46

sharksfan wrote:
tlaero wrote:Okay, we're basically down to the final two sex scenes and testing. The dialog is all done, and so is the programming. Although things have slowed down since I went back to work, we're getting really close.

Tlaero

I'll take a crack at it!! [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] Based on the hair-color and body structure of the teaser scene and comparing it to the two main characters to both (potential) games....my guess (and my preference) would be Redemption for Jessika. But we'll see!!!

And many thanks to you, Tlaero, and Mortze for this game. And many well wishes to your future work!!

I think that the hair is too short for Jessika. I'm hoping that it's Finding Miranda and the picture was of another girl (Mortze didn't say that the girl was either Miranda or Jessika), probably the office receptionist....... but I'm way off the mark, right? It's more likely that it's a picture of Marc, Gary & Jessika. Damn..

Either way, thank you guys for the hardwork! Can't wait to play it.
azerukaze
sirens hunter

Postby tlaero » Mon, 16Jan11 08:25

If the teaser had given away the game, we wouldn't have posted it. (-:

The woman in the teaser is neither Jessika nor Miranda.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby ares » Mon, 16Jan11 10:34

tlaero wrote:If we're going to name the genre, let's call the style "arianeb" instead of "vdate," since both Chaotic and I were inspired by Ariane, but not much by each other.

Sure. I said vdate not because of Chaotic's games, which btw I think are lame, but because all of them are about "virtual dates". In the case of your games, there tend to be several of these virtual dates until the goal of full contact sex is reached. On the other hand, BEW does not feel like a 'virtual date' game. It feels more like a visual novel with a lot of sexual content and choices. Most of the difference probably comes down to the fact that there is a lore in BEW that is revealed bit by bit ingame. The fact that the author conceives a detailed universe in the background that is alive and that the PC needs to take into account is what I think distinguishes BEW from the rest.

But you say that you and Mortze are also working along those lines in these games. I think that is very nice and given that everything else is top notch in your games, I'm sure this series of games you two are producing is going to be excellent.

W.r.t. the time it takes to develop BEW, I don't have any complaints to tell the truth. I think the episodical format is a good idea. No one gets mad having to wait a year for the next season of Game of Thrones. I haven't played BEW since the 2nd episode btw. I'm hoping to binge play it someday.

W.r.t. the goal in the game being more or less forced to having to do with sex, I very much disagree. That's the 'virtual date' paradigm. I think there is plenty of room for innovation. At the very least, the goal of the game can be anything - catch a murderer, survive a shipwreck, whatever - that on the way, brings two or more characters together. One can make sex an option, not a goal. As a matter of fact, that may be the difference in approaches. Instead of asking 'why is it hard to make sex with the character?" I think a good question to ask would be 'what would be a GOOD ending in this game in which there is absolutely no sex?'. Because an answer for that question means that the world makes sense and it's interesting even without the sex component. And then on top of that, one can give the player the possibility to have all the adult pleasure she/he want.

That said, in the games I'm doing with Mortze, there's more going on in the world than the sex lives of the main characters. You got a small introduction to that in DwE, and you'll learn more in the next game. I'm not sure that it'll be enough to satisfy, but I'm enjoying where things are going.

This.

I'm sure I'll enjoy too.
ares
great white shark

Postby wildride » Mon, 16Jan11 16:00

tlaero wrote:If the teaser had given away the game, we wouldn't have posted it. (-:

The woman in the teaser is neither Jessika nor Miranda.

Tlaero

In otherwords the game is based on neither and the choice was really a means to throw us all off the scent!

What you mean Im the only one who would do that? :lol:
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Mon, 16Jan11 16:41

wildride wrote:In otherwords the game is based on neither and the choice was really a means to throw us all off the scent!

Heh. Good guess, but not correct.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Tchekov » Mon, 16Jan11 20:51

I kind of hope it's Redemption for Jessika, the little we saw of her in DWE made me want to forget about Elsa and follow her down the stairs! Well either way I'm just greatful there's a new game coming
Tchekov
Pilot fish

Postby Dasati » Mon, 16Jan11 21:17

My guess would be its Finding Miranda based on the background of the teaser pic. It kinda looks like an office (desk on the right and possibly filing cabinet in background) and from the scenes Tlareo described in first post on this thread, it sounds like an office environment would be more likely in Finding Miranda than Redemption for Jessika.

Could be totally wrong about the background being an office though.
Dasati
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Tue, 16Jan12 04:40

It is an office, but a number of professions work in offices.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Dasati » Tue, 16Jan12 10:51

tlaero wrote:It is an office, but a number of professions work in offices.

Tlaero

True but I thought with Jessika being a rock singer and Marc a court recorder it seemed less likely in their case. Though I guess its possible considering neither Jessika nor Miranda is the girl in the teaser pic.
Dasati
lagoon predator

Previous

Return to Free sexy games