Dreaming with Elsa (En, Sp, Fr, It, Ge)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Dreaming with Elsa

Postby TeineWolf » Sun, 15Jul05 02:48

tlaero wrote:
TeineWolf wrote:Still, not sure if this is a bug or not. But on "store30b3.htm", using the Waterfox 64bit variant of Firefox.
Outputs on screen as:
It's just a headache. I feel like someone hit me in the head with a baseball bat.

What kind of bug do you think it is? Were you on a path where you didn't get hit by a baseball bat?

Tlaero

I was on the "black" path. It's after the linear "chase and recognize" dream sequence. And the character it talking to Elisa, about it later. I just saw the extra text in the source html/java portion. That wasn't being displayed in the browser. I believe it happened on the next page as well. Only two occurrences of it I've seen so far. So I wasn't sure if it was a bug, or perhaps a new feature you've added.
""
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby Dainyl » Sun, 15Jul05 03:07

TeineWolf wrote:I was on the "black" path. It's after the linear "chase and recognize" dream sequence. And the character is talking to Elisa, about it later. I just saw the extra text in the source html/java portion. That wasn't being displayed in the browser. I believe it happened on the next page as well. Only two occurrences of it I've seen so far. So I wasn't sure if it was a bug, or perhaps a new feature you've added.

On the "white" path the chase scene plays out differently, so they used javascript on pages that reference the scene to alter what text displays instead of creating nearly identical pages for minor changes in dialog.
Dainyl
great white shark

Postby redle » Sun, 15Jul05 03:09

tlaero wrote:Redle on the logic:
It goes like this. Before Elsa had read the book, if she had tried to actually fly, she wouldn't have been able to do it. I'm drawing a distinction between minor levitation and flying because, well, I can. (-:

Chloe has been doing this for a while and knows the limitations. So when she sees Elsa acting outside of those limitations, she has an emotional reaction (anger, jealousy, etc). There's a spell in the book that's not in Chloe's fragment that lets Elsa see those reactions. She used that spell to catch her.

I certainly get where you were going now that you've elaborated, but at least for me the in-game text seems a bit obfuscated.
It refers to powerful spells, but to me joining random people's dreams is a pretty powerful one. I didn't get at all that Elsa was immediately going to start wielding magic (or even could for that matter). To me the magic in question was always Chloe's, as it's the only magic we knew of.

Also, the game never mentioned that a spell would also be used to locate Chloe. My take on the text was the "tried and true" surprise will create just enough lapse in a person's concentration that they will be momentarily vulnerable (thinking, we haven't spotted her because she is consciously making herself invisible or some such and a loss in concentration will make her partially visible). Either way, I did feel like finding Chloe came a bit late to match this interpretation (As the lapse would occur the split second when they flew or submerged, not significantly later after they had time for sex). Felt more like you just wanted to get the sex scene in first, because after Chloe was noticed, they could hardly go back to ignoring her and having sex to deal with her later.

I see from your elaboration that this is way off the mark. Impossibility and surprise, which seemed like the main points, are actually completely irrelevant. The point is simply that Chloe is supposed to realize that Elsa is actually a powerful witch in her own right. Chloe's to stew on that thought for a bit, while keeping the spell intact (although I feel like there's a pretty good chance that she would actually break the dream connection instantly). Then Elsa wields her second, unmentioned spell and tracks Chloe by strong emotion.

It'd be more clear to me if the script changed from
original wrote:"It's actually not true. According to the book, we can do minor things like go to the beach and make a chair appear. But it takes more powerful spells to allow you do stuff that's really impossible, like breathe under water."

So if we do something impossible...

"Chloe will know that I read the book. I think I'll be able to sense her reaction, which will let me force her out of hiding."

So, what impossible thing are we going to do?

"I'm going to fuck you underwater."

to something more like
edited for content to run in the allotted time wrote:"It's actually not true. According to the book, we can do minor things like go to the beach and make a chair appear. But a dreamer needs to actually cast a spell to do stuff that's really impossible, like breathe under water."

Okay, so no trips to the moon. Wait. Can anybody... Can you cast spells now?

"I always could, but I need to be taught a spell to cast it. Anyway, Chloe's obviously after more power. If she senses me casting a spell of my own, she'll want it. I can detect strong emotions, but if she's hiding behind a spell, I'm not sure her power lust will be enough."

So, you'll do something impossible, but what can we do to push her over the emotional edge?

"I'm going to fuck you underwater."

This was my attempt to only edit some text: no picture, page count or layout, nor plot changes from your original intent (although the lust bit is clearly a minor plot adjustment). Obviously there are other options, including the "you're the only one that doesn't understand and I like my story exactly how it is" option.

Just thought I'd offer some thoughts.

On a separate note, one of the things I forgot to mention in my first post: it'd be nice if the Menu had a Start New option. I know the first time I completed the game, I then looked at the achievements and other items in the menu. It was the first I became aware of the multiple save/restores. I clicked on a restore. Well, there I was wanting to start a new game to try for the second path and I find myself halfway through the game with no way to start at the beginning (yeah, sure, I can close the tab and restart the game completely, but there's always a fear of losing saves and achievements doing that in a browser game).
redle
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Sun, 15Jul05 04:15

TeineWolf wrote:I was on the "black" path. It's after the linear "chase and recognize" dream sequence.

Then it's doing the right thing. If you had been decked and it said you were hit by a baseball bat or vice versa, then there would be a bug. But since you were hit by a baseball bat and said you were, it all seems good to me.

Tlaero
Last edited by tlaero on Sun, 15Jul05 04:26, edited 1 time in total.
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby tlaero » Sun, 15Jul05 04:25

redle wrote:I certainly get where you were going now that you've elaborated, but at least for me the in-game text seems a bit obfuscated.

Thank you, redle. I'm comfortable with the amount of explanation that's there. There's a large gamut of players who range from careful readers like you to those who just click randomly until they see naked pictures. Finding the right description balance is one of the more challenging things a writer does.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby TeineWolf » Sun, 15Jul05 05:05

Dainyl wrote:
TeineWolf wrote:I was on the "black" path. It's after the linear "chase and recognize" dream sequence. And the character is talking to Elisa, about it later. I just saw the extra text in the source html/java portion. That wasn't being displayed in the browser. I believe it happened on the next page as well. Only two occurrences of it I've seen so far. So I wasn't sure if it was a bug, or perhaps a new feature you've added.

On the "white" path the chase scene plays out differently, so they used javascript on pages that reference the scene to alter what text displays instead of creating nearly identical pages for minor changes in dialog.

Code: Select all
<table class="border">
    <tr>
        <td id="say0_1"><a href="#"></a></td>
        <td class="border" id="say1_1"><a href="store30b4.htm">It's just a headache.  I feel like someone <script type="text/javascript">Bat('hit me in the head with a baseball bat.', 'decked me.')</script></a></td>
        <td id="say2_1"><a href="#"></a></td>   
    </tr>
</table>

From stpre30w3.html
Code: Select all
<table class="border">
    <tr>
        <td id="say0_1"><a href="#"></a></td>
        <td class="border" id="say1_1"><a href="store30w4.htm">It's just a headache.  I feel like someone <script type="text/javascript">Bat('hit me in the head with a baseball bat', 'decked me.')</script></a></td>
        <td id="say2_1"><a href="#"></a></td>   
    </tr>
</table>

On both arcs "black" and "white", on the same scene. Assuming "store30b3.html" is "black", and "store30w3.html" is "white". Where "store30_3.html" is the designated scene. Both do NOT show the words "decked me", in my browser window. If that not a bug, and how it's supposed to be done, then that is fine. I just wondered why the effort to type words, that the player will never see.
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

Postby TeineWolf » Sun, 15Jul05 05:19

redle wrote:Redle on the logic:
It goes like this. Before Elsa had read the book, if she had tried to actually fly, she wouldn't have been able to do it. I'm drawing a distinction between minor levitation and flying because, well, I can. (-:

Chloe has been doing this for a while and knows the limitations. So when she sees Elsa acting outside of those limitations, she has an emotional reaction (anger, jealousy, etc). There's a spell in the book that's not in Chloe's fragment that lets Elsa see those reactions. She used that spell to catch her.

I thought:
Elsa had never read the book before, which is the only complete one. Where Chloe had fragments, and set up shop to snoop into Elsa's dreams. Chloe knew enough to create a link, but she couldn't control it. So through manipulation, she links Chloe to Jason. To try and get Chloe out on a date, so she could read the full book. That failed, so she tried to trick Chloe into reading the book, in a dream. Chloe could watch, but not interact. Except Elsa managed to read more in the topic of dream sharing. And had a full better grasp of that spell, from experiencing with Jason. Chloe could have heard about Jason, from the other delivery guy, that had the route before.

Just a thought.
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sun, 15Jul05 05:55

TeineWolf wrote:On both arcs "black" and "white", on the same scene. Assuming "store30b3.html" is "black", and "store30w3.html" is "white". Where "store30_3.html" is the designated scene. Both do NOT show the words "decked me", in my browser window. If that not a bug, and how it's supposed to be done, then that is fine. I just wondered why the effort to type words, that the player will never see.

I just re-verified that it's working correctly and that people will see the "decked me" words when appropriate.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Hoboy » Sun, 15Jul05 06:58

OK - time to weigh in. This has been a fun last 30 hours or so. Tlaero - as always, a real joy to read and play. Your games are the standard others must aspire to. Mortze - graphics are great. I will say that at times the eyes have an off factor (say, in the park), but at other times they are some of the best eye renders I have seen. Damn - Chloe is hot! Elsa has her moments as well - well imagined. Theresa seems less well developed (well - not in THAT way). I have gotten all achievements, but only got the last one (the gray path) kinda by - well - cheating. I have run that path many times and can't quite get the balance of gray pts vs abs value black - white pts. Seems I can get real close and then end up with not quite enough pts to get to the critical sleep after the break-in. I count the gray points as I get them and then try to keep my black value about that many above equal to white, and still screw up. I'm going to have to take a break, but I hope to be able to capture how exactly to get there..

All in all - best game since Coffee for Keisha (love the game reference) and maybe Christine...

PS - may have to consider changing my avatar...
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby redle » Sun, 15Jul05 08:16

@tlaero
Yep, no worries. Even if you changed things to suit my interpretation, you'd likely confuse someone else. After you explained I wasn't really expecting a change. Still thought I'd be verbose so you at least understood where I was coming from.

TeineWolf wrote:
redle wrote:Redle on the logic:

I thought:
Elsa had never read the book before, which is the only complete one. Where Chloe had fragments, and set up shop to snoop into Elsa's dreams. Chloe knew enough to create a link, but she couldn't control it. So through manipulation, she links Chloe to Jason. To try and get Chloe out on a date, so she could read the full book. That failed, so she tried to trick Chloe into reading the book, in a dream. Chloe could watch, but not interact. Except Elsa managed to read more in the topic of dream sharing. And had a full better grasp of that spell, from experiencing with Jason. Chloe could have heard about Jason, from the other delivery guy, that had the route before.

Just a thought.

You quoted tlaero's post, not mine. Also, I think you typed Chloe quite a few times where you meant to type Elsa.
As for knowing about Jason, the game doesn't talk about any reason why Jason is special in any way. As far as we know, Chloe simply chose some guy at random walking down the street one day. She then dug into his mind and connected his dreams to Elsa. Then she manipulated them into meeting in real life. No reason to think she specifically went out and hunted for exactly Jason. (She may have. It's just irrelevant for the story to date, unless tlaero decides to do a prequel.)
redle
star of the reef

Postby Cochise » Sun, 15Jul05 08:33

Very nice and easy to play, though I failed the intro about 10 times before I noticed the accumulating points under the choices bar. Must've missed two things though, because after a while I was 2 points behind throughout the whole game. Guessing that's why I didn't get to finger any bumholes.

Trippy story, the one fleshed out character was very well done.
Cochise
lagoon predator

Postby cpt_hook » Sun, 15Jul05 14:16

Interesting story and girl. I do; however, have one small point of dissatisfaction. I was a little disappointed to see the Star Wars reference get called out, but the excellent Ghostbusters reference go completely uncommented. ;)

(There is, after all, a book adaptation) ;)
cpt_hook
great white shark

Postby lagoonfish » Sun, 15Jul05 15:59

found a minor bug:

in gray21.htm

It says: "Elsa looks..." should read: "Chloe looks..."
lagoonfish
great white shark

Postby Dolphin-BR » Sun, 15Jul05 16:54

Many thanks to Tlaero and Mortze for this great game!
I particularly enjoyed the female models without too exaggerated features, and the close ups when staring at something.
It only lacks an anal sex scene with Elsa. With it this game would be perfect!

About impossibilities in dreams... I always fly in my dreams, as high as a 20-story building. I rarely walk in my dreams!
Dolphin-BR
star of the reef

Postby anggus » Sun, 15Jul05 19:05

Mortze wrote:This one is for Tlaero [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]

All the paths are great!

Will this other girl (first girl from the left) be in any next projects? She looks amazing!
anggus
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games