Dreaming with Elsa (En, Sp, Fr, It, Ge)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Dreaming with Elsa

Postby denizsen » Sun, 15Aug30 20:55

tlaero wrote:Thank you for playing, Denizsen. I think you'll find that the games I make aren't the kinds of games you really like, though.

That's okay. Everyone has different tastes.

It's unlikely that I'll make a game where you can have a significant relationship with multiple women. For that to happen, I'd need to have a multiple significant stories. And for that to happen, I'd basically need to write multiple games. Rather than spend two years writing two full games bundled into one, I'd rather spend one year writing a single game, release it, and then spend another year writing a second game. I've currently got 5 games covering 4 different women. In my opinion, if you want to chose which lady to play with, you do so by choosing which game to play.

That's how it works for me, but there are other developers who do things differently. I think you'd enjoy Brad's Erotic Week, where Wolf is taking the opposite approach.

Tlaero

I said it I like it, but I think here is something misunderstood. I didn't say make a 2 different stories, I mean maybe when the game starts, ask which woman to play. Same story but different woman, but I can understand your point maybe it can be hard to render or write two stories. :)
denizsen
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby tlaero » Mon, 15Aug31 00:26

I'm not completely sure what you're asking. Is it:
1) Before the game starts, there are two "Elsa" models to pick from (maybe one blonde and one brunette). You pick which one you like better and play. The game is the exact same, but all the images of Elsa are the version you picked.

Or do you mean:
2) There's just one look for Elsa, but while you're playing you can choose to romance Chloe instead of Elsa. Somehow the same story still works.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby denizsen » Mon, 15Aug31 02:38

tlaero wrote:I'm not completely sure what you're asking. Is it:
1) Before the game starts, there are two "Elsa" models to pick from (maybe one blonde and one brunette). You pick which one you like better and play. The game is the exact same, but all the images of Elsa are the version you picked.

Or do you mean:
2) There's just one look for Elsa, but while you're playing you can choose to romance Chloe instead of Elsa. Somehow the same story still works.

Tlaero

I think first one but not as brunette and blonde I mean we can choose which girl play as a Elsa for example when we choose Chloe, she plays as elsa and elsa plays as Chloe. But second one also good idea, but both of them need to render, so not for this game, this is only suggestion maybe for next games. Like I said, I like your games so i don't mean you have to do these ideas, just a suggestions for improving but, at the end, we will play what you made
denizsen
sirens hunter

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 15Aug31 04:03

Do I understand this correctly?
That would mean replicating every scene for each model offered?
In my office I have no choice of colleagues, I have to accept who is present.
Same thing here.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby denizsen » Mon, 15Aug31 05:12

Squeeky wrote:Do I understand this correctly?
That would mean replicating every scene for each model offered?
In my office I have no choice of colleagues, I have to accept who is present.
Same thing here.

Ok, I try to explain more better, I am not suggest change people, I gave an example of chloe and Elsa because they are in game. I mean, maybe you look elsa is beautiful, I think chloe, X think Y, or Z thing anyone else, I mean game can give a chance to choose which girl to play same story. Maybe different pictures, or if it is easy can be same pictures which changing. I don't know anything about rendering, so I don't know easy or hard. I mean if it is easy to rendering same pictures for 2 woman we can choose which girl elsa and chloe or maybe render 2 different pictures for example maybe talk with elsa at library and talk with chloe at entrance but same story. And you know here is the forum and I played the game and just give some suggestions to improve game, tlaero can do or not.

I said this because I think I am misunderstood. I am not here arguing, like I said before I like game, but I just think chloe is too passive in game. And I think criticism is very important for improve. And I want to stress I like game, I don't know superb words to praise game. I can say it is very good game wonderful job or anything else but it helps noone. I tried to say what I think is missing, and suggest the way to improve. And also if I don't like game, I don't waste my time to post a message here, do I? Again, I am not here to arguing.
denizsen
sirens hunter

Postby boyo111 » Mon, 15Aug31 09:17

Thanks for such an interesting,and sexy game! The replay value was well worth the time spent.

I even thought there was another path with Chloe, just before going up to the apartment to meet Elsa after she read the book, Chloe looked like she wanted to say something so I kept playing to see if there was something there. Never found it, but after going through the comments think I was just imagining it.

Looking forward to more collaboration.
boyo111
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Tue, 15Sep01 04:01

Denizsen, I appreciate your feedback. I don't think you're arguing. Thank you for the discussion.

Okay, what you're suggesting is roughly twice as much work for the artist. This means it would either result in a game that is half as long, or one that takes twice as long to make (so, over time, you'd get half as many games). The cost doesn't seem worth the benefit to me. I understand the desire to pick the character. Maybe you like a blonde with large breasts where someone else likes a more petite brunette. But, what if instead of doing one game with both characters in it, we did two games, one with one of the characters and another with the other? Those two games would have different stories and different sex scenes, etc. Isn't that better than one game with duplicate graphics?

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby jessica » Sat, 15Sep05 01:25

I love this game, by far the best game of this sort I have seen so far.

The characters feel human and believable, and so they look.
The UI improvements from your older games, like highlighting buttons and the tooltipps are great and improve the look and feel so much.
I dunno what other people think about that, but i also like the difficulty level compared to the other dating sim games. Its not really hard, but still easy to miss things.
I agree, more petite and therefore realistic girls are so much better for games like this.

If there will be a next game (fingers crossed) i wouldnt mind a lesbian story for a change ;)
jessica
Pilot fish

Postby tlaero » Sat, 15Sep05 04:15

Welcome to the lagoon, Jessica. I'm glad you liked the game. Thanks for playing!

I do intend to do a lesbian game in the future, but it's not for a while yet. Most likely 3 games from now. There are two lesbian characters in the game Mortze and I are working on now, though. If you have any suggestions for something you'd really like to see, let me know. We're actually working on that scene this weekend.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Dakutis » Sat, 15Sep05 08:19

tlaero wrote:Denizsen, I appreciate your feedback. I don't think you're arguing. Thank you for the discussion.

Okay, what you're suggesting is roughly twice as much work for the artist. This means it would either result in a game that is half as long, or one that takes twice as long to make (so, over time, you'd get half as many games). The cost doesn't seem worth the benefit to me. I understand the desire to pick the character. Maybe you like a blonde with large breasts where someone else likes a more petite brunette. But, what if instead of doing one game with both characters in it, we did two games, one with one of the characters and another with the other? Those two games would have different stories and different sex scenes, etc. Isn't that better than one game with duplicate graphics?

Tlaero

Better would be one game with two stories, when you can choose whish character you can date.
http://dakutisgames.weebly.com/
Dakutis
lagoon predator

Postby Dasati » Sat, 15Sep05 11:15

That sounds very much like two separate games combined as one.
Dasati
lagoon predator

Postby Mortze » Sat, 15Sep05 12:52

Yes. It may only have one plot but you got to write and render the equivalent of two games in one, with diferent settings for the different girls you choose.
Here you'll have no choice but to accept the consequences. If you want to have us work the same ammount of time as the other games we do you'll have a very short game because we have to produce twice or 3x the images for that game.
Or you could wait 2x or 3x the usual time, and that would be like a year or more for only one game.

I do not say the idea is bad. I have a cool game idea I'd like to do some day that would involve that premise, to choose who you want to date and do their small stories individually and perhaps mix them further in the game.

But this is not the base of the projects Tlaero and I are working now. We choose to have games/stories that revolve around precise characters.
Dreaming with Elsa is not a story about Jason that seduces a girl that happens to run the bookstore. It's a story about Elsa only and no one else, her past, her fears, her power. It wouldn't make sense to make another character for this story for the sole purpose of the player to choose to date instead of Elsa.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Sat, 15Sep05 20:55

Dakutis wrote:Better would be one game with two stories, when you can choose whish character you can date.

Would you rather wait twice as long for it, or would you rather each story be half as long?

Or to put it another way, let's say we had finished DwE and gave people a choice.
1) They can play it now and then in a year they can play a different game.
or
2) They can't play anything now (even though it's done), and need to wait a year while we add a second game.

Are you saying you'd pick #2?

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Dakutis » Mon, 15Sep07 05:52

tlaero wrote:
Dakutis wrote:Better would be one game with two stories, when you can choose whish character you can date.

Would you rather wait twice as long for it, or would you rather each story be half as long?

Or to put it another way, let's say we had finished DwE and gave people a choice.
1) They can play it now and then in a year they can play a different game.
or
2) They can't play anything now (even though it's done), and need to wait a year while we add a second game.

Are you saying you'd pick #2?

Tlaero

I am saying that the game with duplicate graphics isn't better. Two stories can be intersting but I know that it's hard to do and it takes a lot of time. And I don't say that you have to do game like that now, maybe in future [img]images/icones/icon18.gif[/img] ? Games evolves every year (not all) and that can be your new format, i think :sarcastic:
http://dakutisgames.weebly.com/
Dakutis
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Wed, 15Sep09 01:40

I suspect that what you want is contrary to what everyone else wants, but let's ask and see.

To anyone who plays sexy adventure games, which would you rather:
1) A game every two years that lets you date two different people
Or
2) A game every year that lets you date one person

After 2 years, you'll end up with the same content. The question is whether having both games joined into one is worth waiting an extra year for.

Tlaero
tlaero

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games