Dreaming with Elsa (En, Sp, Fr, It, Ge)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Dreaming with Elsa

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 15Sep09 03:10

Ms tlaero,
If you were writing a piece of literature (eg, novel) you would take as much time as was necessary.

I question whether you (and your artist) would have the motivation to commit to a story/game over a drawn out period when you would be satisfied with something simpler. Shark, for instance, does not like to dwell on a specific theme for too long (each game for him is like a build up of adrenalin to which he is heavily committed, , prolongation tends to bore him).

I'd not like to see your work suffer because at sometime in the journey the task becomes a chore.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Postby redle » Wed, 15Sep09 05:04

Not glanced in on this thread in a bit. I must say I find the current topic rather amusing.

@Dakutis
I don't think you understand the point tlaero is trying to make. Take, for instance, two of her games: Getting to Know Christine and Dreaming with Elsa as our starting point. What tlaero is trying to explain is, with her current method of production, you get to play both or either of these games. If, instead, she used your proposed method, only one of the two above games would exist. There would currently only be Getting to Know Christine. Within that single game, you would be able to choose who the leading lady is, either Christine or Elsa. Everything else about the game would play exactly as it currently does. By choosing to add Elsa to the game though, the second game would never be created because it took the same amount of time to create that single game that was currently used to create both.

If you then wanted to add different options to what the characters did based on who you picked, or if you wanted to add a third choice of leading lady, then you would need to delete another one of tlaero's games from existence.

@tlaero
Of course, in truth, it depends on where the bottleneck in your game production lies. If anything other than rendering drives your timeline, then extra images could be produced without extending the timeline, but we all certainly agree that it would be a significant effort to create a choice of main character.
redle
star of the reef

Postby Dakutis » Wed, 15Sep09 06:02

@redle - I understand what tlaero is trying to make. But it is like COD games (Call of Duty if anybody didn't know) every year the same game, yes the story is different, location different but is the same game :( (and yes I know what I say I play first two games in that series). Getting to Know Christine was very good game, Life With Keeley was good game too because it was different - because you play as a girl and format of the game was different. Now format of tlaero games is the same, games are similar to each other. Yes the was some new things, like flashback in Coffee For Keisha or silhouette in Elsa but it is not enough. I think tlaero can do much better. It does not necessarily have to be two stories with two girls (it was example only), maybe a little bit open world in the game, or drastic solutions. Even in GtKC was two decisions which affected the end of the game and in not very bad end :)

@tlaero - I'm sorry but that was just my opinion and I did not want anything to offend. You know that your games, gave inspiration to me to create something.

P.S. Sorry for may bad english - blame google translate :lol:
http://dakutisgames.weebly.com/
Dakutis
lagoon predator

Postby jacke » Wed, 15Sep09 12:09

[quote="Dakutis"]. Yes the was some new things, like flashback in Coffee For Keisha or silhouette in Elsa but it is not enough. I think tlaero can do much better. It does not necessarily have to be two stories with two girls (it was example only), maybe a little bit open world in the game, or drastic solutions. "

Do you mean have a different gameplay rather than having different story in the current format of game?
jacke
great white shark

Postby Dakutis » Wed, 15Sep09 16:31

jacke - I want to say that now when you play the game you like in tunnel, you can't go somewhere or or do something more then ask or answer 2-3 questions. Very intersting system was in Life With Keeley game, where you have to go to shop and buy something and only with that thing you can get something :) (if you played Life With Keeley you understand me). I think this is more interesting then you answer like bad boy or good boy.
Dakutis
lagoon predator

Postby LRM » Wed, 15Sep09 17:32

@ Lady T and Herr Mortze;
What you're doing is fine. Please continue as you have in the past. I see no reason to double your workload or half my enjoyment of it!
Thanks
LRM
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby jacke » Wed, 15Sep09 17:54

@Dakutis : I see the point . I wonder if Life with keeley was harder to do than the other, but it's depend on what the creator want to share , i mean an interesting story is not adaptable every time in a world open format. Sometimes the choice given to the player is not the best choice you have to make your story going like you would.

@ Lady T and Herr Mortze; like LRM said keep the good work !
jacke
great white shark

Postby Dakutis » Wed, 15Sep09 18:43

OK people, I just wanted to offer a few ideas, and if you are satisfied with everything, then it's great.
Dakutis
lagoon predator

Postby Mortze » Wed, 15Sep09 18:49

@Tlaero and everybody,
As a player, when I like an author's work, I prefer to receive small doses of his work periodically rather than a big one once in a while. I do not like to wait for 1 year for a piece of work just because I want to enjoy, in the same environment/universe two or more choices. I personally prefer to play 2 or 3 games a year, each with its own story and character. I'm just not a patient guy but I do not think that's bad for the author to have people wanting more and more of his work. Taking for example Brad's Erotic Week. Wolf does a great job in his compelling writting, complex coding and enjoyable art, but he adopted a work method that unfortunatelly kind of frustrates me. I'll have to wait tons of time to explore the side of his story that I'm the most interested with (the striper, Nataly?), bacause he decided to publish his games periodically but because of its complexion it had to be in a certain order - the democratic choice. Since most people choose the blond girl I'll have to wait for a long time before I get to enjoy Nataly. I'd rather prefered a blondie game only, and a Nataly game only approach.

As an author/artist, I am a little like shark, like Squeeky mentioned. I get bored easilly. And as I know myself as such I do not believe I could get fully motivated to work on the same game for a full year or more. I like to explore several stories and diferent characters.
Also, if you make a game for a full year or two, you will only have feedback once it is finished and if the feedback isn't good you worked lots of time to get some frustration. Shorter games allow you to produce the game in 6/8 months or less and get immediate feedback and critics. You'll spend the other half of the year producing another work having in consideration the response of the players. As someone who tries to improve and get its place in the 3d Erotica comunity I think it is a wiser choice.

But as I said earlier I would like to make a more complex game in the future, involving 3 or more female "goals" that the player can choose to interact with and play his wy with one or maybe two togheter if he plays his cards right. It is a much more complex writing and coding, and time-consuming rendering, but it gets close to Dakutis' idea. he current time I am far from coding knowledge and writting capability to embark in such a project without some form of cooperation.
Meanwhile, for the next few games I enjoy Tlaero's partnership, the goal is to have games in the style of Elsa's time-wise.
But if DwE is more like Coffee for Keisha, the new one we are working on is something rather new, in therms of mechanics and game flow I couldn't relate to any other games Tlaero and Phreaky did. So, in that aspect you got your novelty.

So, and closing, you have all to consider what is he most important in making these gamesand that's the author's enjoyment in making and showing them.
I do not think Tlaero would enjoy making a game with several female "goals" choices for now, and spending a full year or more on a game. And neither am I. So that would not be the format for the next games I am afraid.

Every ideas are important. It shows your interest in us and that's what fuels us. I'm not against your concept Dakutis bus as of now I'm not capable to embark on that kind of project alone. That would be more feasable for at leat 3 persons colaboration where they share the coding and rendering part.
I'd consider that possibility for a Tlaero/Wolfschadowe and myself collaboration for example.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby jacke » Wed, 15Sep09 19:21

Dakutis wrote:OK people, I just wanted to offer a few ideas, and if you are satisfied with everything, then it's great.

It's a good thing, new idea good or bad ,depends on the point of view, make these type of game advance in order to be not repetive.

Mortze wrote:I'd consider that possibility for a Tlaero/Wolfschadowe and myself collaboration for example."

Spoiler ?
jacke
great white shark

Postby Mortze » Wed, 15Sep09 19:23

jacke wrote:Mortze wrote:
I'd consider that possibility for a Tlaero/Wolfschadowe and myself collaboration for example."

Spoiler ?

Not at all. Just making a point.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby redle » Wed, 15Sep09 20:37

Okay, so I think I actually now understand Dakutis's point. I'll attempt to rephrase and I guess he'll say if I still have it wrong.

He isn't actually saying he wants multiple female leads at all. All he seems to be saying is that he doesn't particularly care for linear visual novels. That's it. That's the end of his point.

Dakutis offered a single proposed solution without ever identifying what he sees as the problem. Since all he named originally, was the solution, that was taken as the point of his post. It isn't completely clear to me whether a more branching visual novel would appeal to him or not (I'm not sure if it is the "linear" that disappoints him or the "visual novel"). Either way, he's saying he doesn't particularly care about the tale, he wants gameplay.

@dakutis
I know tlaero appreciates feedback. That said, she's an author that cares much more about the story than any other aspect of her games. Some of her games may have more gameplay than others, but I have a feeling she's always going to focus much more on the story. Every move to make a story less linear makes the tale that much less deep, that little bit less interesting.

There's no right or wrong as to which is better, a game or a story. Also, I certainly don't speak for tlaero in any capacity. Maybe your suggestions will shift her next game slightly more in the game direction; who knows. Regardless, I wouldn't expect her releases to ever drift too far in that direction.
redle
star of the reef

Postby sharksfan » Thu, 15Sep10 00:14

Mortze wrote:@Tlaero and everybody,
As a player, when I like an author's work, I prefer to receive small doses of his work periodically rather than a big one once in a while. I do not like to wait for 1 year for a piece of work just because I want to enjoy, in the same environment/universe two or more choices. I personally prefer to play 2 or 3 games a year, each with its own story and character. I'm just not a patient guy but I do not think that's bad for the author to have people wanting more and more of his work. Taking for example Brad's Erotic Week. Wolf does a great job in his compelling writting, complex coding and enjoyable art, but he adopted a work method that unfortunatelly kind of frustrates me. I'll have to wait tons of time to explore the side of his story that I'm the most interested with (the striper, Nataly?), bacause he decided to publish his games periodically but because of its complexion it had to be in a certain order - the democratic choice. Since most people choose the blond girl I'll have to wait for a long time before I get to enjoy Nataly. I'd rather prefered a blondie game only, and a Nataly game only approach.

I agree wholeheartedly to this, Mortze!!! Especially with your comparison to Brad's Erotic Week...I have the same taste (Azumi the stripper and Nataly). SO glad to see you write this. I admit I am a little inpatient too. Especially when authors/creators of the games do a tremendous job!! Continue the great work!! And, I have to ask.....how's the progress going on the next game (Hopefully Jessika, but wouldn't mind Miranda :crazy:)?? You wouldn't happen to have an ETA on it yet, would you?

Thanks so much!! -sharksfan
sharksfan
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Thu, 15Sep10 03:52

Dakutis wrote:OK people, I just wanted to offer a few ideas, and if you are satisfied with everything, then it's great.

Dakutis in your last few posts I've finally understood what you're asking for. I appreciate all the effort you're putting into this. I'm sure it's frustrating to not be understood, especially when writing in a language that's not your native one. Thank you for the suggestions and for taking the time to make them clear.

What you're saying is, "I want more variety in these games," and that's an extremely fair request. I understand your COD example and the LwK ones very well. While I haven't heard a suggestion that really resonates with me yet, I share your desire to improve the genre. I will make an effort to keep thinking about and trying to make the games better. Please keep pushing me as well.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby tlaero » Thu, 15Sep10 03:58

sharksfan wrote:And, I have to ask.....how's the progress going on the next game (Hopefully Jessika, but wouldn't mind Miranda :crazy:)?? You wouldn't happen to have an ETA on it yet, would you?

Unfortunately, it's going rather slowly at the moment. Mortze is being a dear and giving me pictures as fast as I ask for them, but a number of things have been conspiring to keep me from making solid progress. Knowing how long these games take, and looking at my life over the next couple of months, it seems really unlikely to be out this calendar year. Beyond that, I'm not in a position to speculate.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games