Let Me In (v1.0.0 updated 30 Jul 2015)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Let Me In (alpha v0.3.2 updated 4 Jul 2015)

Postby Venom » Sat, 15Jul04 10:17

BBBen wrote:
Venom wrote:Anyone around that could tell me how I can get this running under Linux?

For Linux don't use any third party runner as they tend not to show the multimedia. Instead run the .blorb file with the Linux version of ADRIFT, available here (third link from the top): http://www.adrift.co/download

At one again it doesn't state what package it requires for mono
Venom
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby Nihu » Sat, 15Jul04 12:07

Venom wrote:At one again it doesn't state what package it requires for mono

From the help:
http://help.adrift.co/ wrote:Linux

There is a Mono version of Runner that is able to run on the Mono Framework. This is the next best way to run games, as it has a functioning 3D map, and graphics. There is currently no sound with Mono Runner, due to differences in the sound drivers between operating systems.

You can find out more about Mono at http://mono-project.com, and you can download the latest version from http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html. Be sure to download the latest version 2.

If you are installing Mono as a package, it should be listed as Mono core library (for CLI 2.0), or libmono-corlib2.0-cil.

Currently, Mono Runner also makes use of the Visual Basic 2005 runtime libraries for Mono (libmono-microsoft-visualbasic8.0-cil). On Ubuntu you should be able to find this in Software Centre in the technical items section.
Nihu
Pilot fish

Postby Gio » Sat, 15Jul04 18:51

for the walkthrouth add these few and one more pic/scene

scene after you have high arousal prob 10 say
what are your hobbies

and few ++
please let me in
i am royal to the king
I am here to protect you
i am lost
i love you (after saying i am prince)(but some1 reported does not work at last version)
i am human
Gio
great white shark

Postby BBBen » Wed, 15Jul08 06:05

The first beta version is now available! This version is feature complete, including ending #4, with new images. It needs a little bit of testing before I call it a final version, but it's getting pretty close. The original link will still work.

Changelog: v0.4.0 - 8 Jul 2015
- Ending #4 implemented
- 4 new images (not counting title page)
- added a new title page image
- fixed a bug with 'i love you'
- fixed a bug with the noun 'bum'
- better syntax
- new commands
- better responses to various injuries
- fixed 'i have a gift bug'
BBBen
lagoon predator

Re: Let Me In (beta v0.4.0 updated 8 Jul 2015)

Postby Borborygmus » Wed, 15Jul08 12:52

Got any hints for ending 4?
Borborygmus
great white shark

Postby paquito » Wed, 15Jul08 12:55

I only found one of the four new pictures...
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby ltpika » Wed, 15Jul08 13:21

i am your prince
today is our wedding

Does not work with old save files for some reason. You'll have to get at least 7 trust and some arousal for it to work
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby BBBen » Wed, 15Jul08 13:25

ltpika wrote:Does not work with old save files for some reason.

I should clarify: old save games will never work properly, and you should start a new game any time you try a new version of the game.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby Venom » Sun, 15Jul12 00:20

Finally managed to get adrift running under linux
however when I run the blorb file i'm getting overlapping text

full image here: https://img.bi/#/KuhBMTm!JhWDyQ1igDDwoY ... kQXfkQdijJ
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby BBBen » Sun, 15Jul12 08:28

Venom wrote:Finally managed to get adrift running under linux
however when I run the blorb file i'm getting overlapping text

full image here: https://img.bi/#/KuhBMTm!JhWDyQ1igDDwoY ... kQXfkQdijJ

I haven't seen this. If it's just the intro text then you should be fine, I can even post the bit you missed, if you like. If there is other text overlapping later then that's not so easily ignored. This is a bug in ADRIFT's Linux runner; it's probably a version of the runner that doesn't get much use, so there wouldn't be many bug reports. I'll notify the developer of ADRIFT about this and hopefully he'll either have some advice, or at least fix it some time in the future.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby Venom » Sun, 15Jul12 08:38

It happens after the intro text, I suppose it's a bug that happens when you want to clear the screen for the next
section so to say
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby BBBen » Sun, 15Jul12 08:58

Venom wrote:It happens after the intro text, I suppose it's a bug that happens when you want to clear the screen for the next
section so to say

Ah, yes, good point. That would be some kind of ADRIFT bug with the clear screen function. There aren't any more clear screens in the game, so that shouldn't be a problem afterwards. By the way, if I were you I'd try to expand the graphics window - you won't need the map window.

Below I'll post the text you've missed:

You’re a goblin. One of the smart ones. Cunning. Mind you, you weren’t smart enough to avoid fighting in the big battle against the Kingdom of Men. Now the whole goblin army has been wiped out, and it was all you could do to escape from the battlefield with your life.

You’ve been walking for days, avoiding settlements. You can’t fight a whole human village yourself, especially not without a weapon. Too bad, you had dreams of conquest and victory! You could have had your own human wife! And now nothing. There's been little water on the route, not much food other than whatever vermin or snakes you've been able to catch (although that's pretty good eating for a goblin!) and you don't even really know where you are any more.

In the distance you see a tower. You should probably avoid it, but you’re getting low on supplies, and there’s nothing much around. The tower is small, maybe you can risk exploring it.

You reach the tower and try to open the heavy, wooden door. It’s locked. Feels like it’s barred from the other side. You give it a thump, wanting to get through, but it’s no good.

'Excuse me? Who are you?' A female voice comes from above. A female human voice… You look up, and at the top of the tower you can make out the shape of a woman.

And what a woman! With your sharp, super goblin eyesight you can get a good look at her, and the girl is gorgeous. Priorities have just shifted. It’s still time to get inside the tower, but not just for supplies…

'What is your name?' Her sweet, worried voice floats down.

<i>Please note, for this game, anything you type will be interpreted as phrases spoken by your character. Do not use any punctuation like commas or question marks, as it will confuse her. Apostrophes (like in it's and we're are still necessary.

Down the bottom of the page you can keep track of her trust and arousal. Building these up is a good thing! (Although it will take more than just that.)</i>

<i>As this is a beta, before typing anything please open the file menu and select "Start transcript." Then email me the transcript at bbben.aif@gmail.com - this will help me improve the game a great deal. I need to know what people are typing if I am to make the girl able to respond. You don't have to do this if you don't want to, but it would give me more information on how to improve the game.</i>
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby Venom » Mon, 15Jul13 14:08

Thanks for the text, however since the clear line function is bugged it keeps overwriting the first lines of text
So the game is sadly unplayable for me, since i can't read the text
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby BBBen » Mon, 15Jul13 14:24

Venom wrote:Thanks for the text, however since the clear line function is bugged it keeps overwriting the first lines of text
So the game is sadly unplayable for me, since i can't read the text

That's a pity. Which version of Mono do you have running? I ask on behalf of the ADRIFT developer.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby Trucla » Mon, 15Jul13 14:59

@Venom and BBBen: Is it possible to use a *.taf version of the game instead of *.blorb? After all *.taf is the pure adrift format, not *.blorb...
Just a thought... [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

Edit: Besides the mono runtime version used by Ubuntu is older than the one in the mono project site, which is normal cause there are always some tweaks needed for it to work smoothly in Ubuntu.

2n Edit: For testing purposes I've installed the most recent stable version of Mono runtime, and boom! :o It removed the visualstudio library and now I'm unable to re-install it. So Adrift doesn't open at all. I completely f*cked my Mono installation.
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games