Let Me In (v1.0.0 updated 30 Jul 2015)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Let Me In (alpha v0.3 updated 30 Jun 2015)

Postby SpikeTheGoat » Thu, 15Jul02 03:17

redle wrote:
truemechasonic wrote:Speaking of which, minor bug: there are several lines you can repeat in order to lose trust each time, including "I am a goblin", "your father is dead", and "your father is stupid". You can also repeat "you are stupid" or "you are ugly" to lose infinite arousal.

Not sure I'd call this a bug. Walk up to anyone and tell them they're pretty. Now repeat the phrase to them numerous times. Odds are, the first time you say it they will like it. The next several they will roll their eyes at you and ignore it.

Now, do the same thing but use the phrase, "you are stupid." I bet it's no longer only the first one that changes their opinion of you. Each time you repeat it they will likely like you less and less.

Yep. I had actually mentioned that the first day of release and had the same thought process but thought I would check just in case. He said it was as intended. Had found a bug previously where you could do it the opposite way (endlessly gain trust), but that was fixed AFAIK.

I also like that there is more trust/arousal than needed, but that the story must actually play through in order to win (instead of *just* hitting a threshold and autowinning).
SpikeTheGoat
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Dole » Thu, 15Jul02 04:32

The Game is nice I play it this time and looked at the debugging menu so I see the words/sentences.

Some words in the menu don´t work in the Game and sometimes I mean I read no different when I told two times the same.

For me as no english homelanguage people is the Game so to difficult. I make spelling mistakes and so on and without clues it is to hard (and my school time is long time ago and sometimes it is hard to remember).

Bug:

When I told her I came from X. When I would tell her the second time I lost trust so it makes for me no sence.

Aso when I tell her before "I am a prince" or "I am a guard" ( guard and prince make for me aso no sence) and later "I am your father" why I don´t lose then Trust? Normally I would know before what I am.
Dole
star of the reef

Postby redle » Thu, 15Jul02 05:42

Dole wrote:Some words in the menu don´t work in the Game and sometimes I mean I read no different when I told two times the same.

There may be bugs, but some statements only work some of the time because there is a chain of events required.

As an example, walk up to a stranger on the street and say, "Jump up and down 5 times right now."

Or instead, walk up to a stranger and remove $10 from your pocket and say, "Would you like me to give you this money?" They reply, "What must I do to get it." You then say, "Jump up and down 5 times right now."

Both times the "jump" sentence was the exact same. However, one time the stranger ignores you and one time he jumps up and down. Same sentence; two different results.

Same with this game. Some commands only work if you've already said certain other commands.

Dole wrote:For me as no english homelanguage people is the Game so to difficult. I make spelling mistakes and so on and without clues it is to hard (and my school time is long time ago and sometimes it is hard to remember).

Even for native English speakers, these types of games are very difficult. The game does have an "auto-complete" option which helps (both supplying hints and for spelling) at times. If you type several letters of a word the game knows it will often spell the rest of the word for you.

Dole wrote:When I told her I came from X. When I would tell her the second time I lost trust so it makes for me no sence.

The game is designed so you can't just keep repeating yourself and gain points. It expects you to remember which commands you have tried and not to repeat yourself. (Just explaining why these things happen. I'm not trying to justify it or argue for or against it.)

Dole wrote:Aso when I tell her before "I am a prince" or "I am a guard" ( guard and prince make for me aso no sence) and later "I am your father" why I don´t lose then Trust? Normally I would know before what I am.

You aren't any of these things. The whole point is, you are lying to the woman on the top of the tower to get her to let you in. The game is about you trying to figure out which lies to tell for her to like you and become aroused. You aren't trying to guess what "you" are. You are trying to guess what the princess might like.
redle
star of the reef

Postby Dole » Thu, 15Jul02 22:40

Dole wrote:Aso when I tell her before "I am a prince" or "I am a guard" ( guard and prince make for me aso no sence) and later "I am your father" why I don´t lose then Trust? Normally I would know before what I am.

You aren't any of these things. The whole point is, you are lying to the woman on the top of the tower to get her to let you in. The game is about you trying to figure out which lies to tell for her to like you and become aroused. You aren't trying to guess what "you" are. You are trying to guess what the princess might like.[/quote]

It is to difficult to answer at all points in English.

I get trust when I tell her "i am a prince" and i get aso Trust when I tell her " i am a guard/soldier" these two points/possibles are normal not compatible. And when I tell her I am cursed and then I am her father I don´t lose Trust and she don´t remember what I have said before. These two points I said before raise my Trust and are very different too "I am your father" so it makes no sence. In my eyes when I told here before this I must lose Trust !!!
Dole
star of the reef

Postby redle » Fri, 15Jul03 00:02

Dole wrote:I get trust when I tell her "i am a prince" and i get aso Trust when I tell her " i am a guard/soldier" these two points/possibles are normal not compatible. And when I tell her I am cursed and then I am her father I don´t lose Trust and she don´t remember what I have said before. These two points I said before raise my Trust and are very different too "I am your father" so it makes no sence. In my eyes when I told here before this I must lose Trust !!!

The princess is supposedly very gullible (she can be tricked very easily). So she believes many things that a normal person would not.

As for some more specifics:
There have been many examples throughout history of Warrior Kings. So a single person who is both a Prince and a Soldier is not contradictory (although one could also argue that she is just so excited or happy hearing that you are one of these two that she forgets that you said something contradictory earlier and simply accepts what you say now). While we all may think of a Guard as someone who protects someone important, no one would ever succeed if the game started considering every single word to have a slightly different meaning. The game tries to make it easier for us by considering all somewhat similar words to be equal (soldier, warrior, guard, sentinel, fighter... whatever [I have not tested each of the words stated here, just giving an example of synonyms]).

As for the, "I am your father," plot... the claim is that you have been cursed. The princess says, but you said your name was Igor and that you live in a town called Graveyard. I suppose the curse forced you to say these things (This is a paraphrasing, but the point is that the game is telling you that the princess realizes that you lied earlier, but rather than blaming you she is blaming the curse. So you don't lose trust). So the game already explained to you "why" this inconsistency is allowed.

Anyway, as I mentioned in a previous post, these types of games are all about "guess what the author was thinking." There is no true right or wrong. Everyone has a different reaction to anything that can be said or done. Can that make this type of game incredibly frustrating? Absolutely. Could the princess respond differently to any of the statements you've mentioned? Of course. That doesn't make any changed response any more or less accurate (people say and act however they want).

BBBen and the game have stated that he wants to know what people are typing. The game is still an Alpha. He is still adding and changing which statements work and what the results are. Send him a transcript of your game full of things you tried to type that you thought did make sense and maybe those items will later be in the game.
redle
star of the reef

Postby karrek » Fri, 15Jul03 01:13

Has anyone found ending 4 yet?
karrek
lagoon predator

Postby ltpika » Fri, 15Jul03 02:08

karrek wrote:Has anyone found ending 4 yet?

It's not available yet.
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby Venom » Fri, 15Jul03 17:33

Anyone around that could tell me how I can get this running under Linux?
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby ttant » Fri, 15Jul03 21:04

Venom wrote:Anyone around that could tell me how I can get this running under Linux?

Use gblorb file instead of exe with a program from this list :
http://inform7.com/if/interpreters/
ttant
star of the reef

Postby Venom » Fri, 15Jul03 23:08

So it's seems that I'll need Zoom, I downloaded it and tried to compile it but can seems to get it working from there. Could some body give me a detailed instruction on what packages I need to preinstall to get this running, the readme gives some hints but not in full detail
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby BBBen » Sat, 15Jul04 01:35

Venom wrote:Anyone around that could tell me how I can get this running under Linux?

For Linux don't use any third party runner as they tend not to show the multimedia. Instead run the .blorb file with the Linux version of ADRIFT, available here (third link from the top): http://www.adrift.co/download
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby BBBen » Sat, 15Jul04 02:57

Version 0.3.2 is now available. Mostly technical changes in this one. The original link still works.

Changelog v0.3.2 - 4 Jul 2015
- Twyla now notices more contradictions between stories about who you are
- fixed a bug when getting her to prompt you with "i am lost" a second time.
- more responses & better syntax
BBBen
lagoon predator

Re: Let Me In (alpha v0.3.2 updated 4 Jul 2015)

Postby xravensfan » Sat, 15Jul04 04:05

love the mini updates! Just shows you are still working on it! Love it!!
xravensfan
lagoon predator

Postby Dolphin-BR » Sat, 15Jul04 05:08

It looks like she doesn't understand 'I love you' in the alpha v0.3.2 version. She used to understand it.
Dolphin-BR
star of the reef

Postby LFox » Sat, 15Jul04 09:40

From trying out the game and reading through all the comments around the place here's what I've gotten so far.

Walkthrough

Current Count: 13 Trust 18 Arousal

(NAME) +1 trust
what is your name +1 trust
i am from x +1 trust
you are nice +1 trust
can i help you +1 trust
how are you +1 trust
i won't hurt you +1 trust
i am a prince +1 trust +1 arousal
i'm here to serve you +1 trust
i want to marry you +1 trust
i am human +1 trust
please let me in +1 trust
goblins defeated +1 trust

you are very pretty +1 arousal
twyla is a pretty name +1 arousal
i like your breasts
can i see your breasts +1 arousal
show me your butt
you are not fat
show me your butt +1 arousal
i can see your pussy +1 arousal
i am a hero +2 arousal
can i show you my cock +1 arousal
show me your pussy +1 arousal
are you lonely
i could keep you company +1 arousal
what are your hobbies +1 arousal
i love you +1 arousal
i have a gift
my cock +1 arousal
sing for me
you sing well +1 arousal
your legs are nice +1 arousal
show me your thighs +1 arousal
it's hot
take off your dress +1 arousal

Ending 1 - That Hit the Spot
i'm thirsty
can i lick your pussy
can i come in

Ending 2 - Sweet Relief
i was cursed
i am your father
panties are for sluts
can i come in

Ending 3 - Doctor Twyla: Medicine Woman
i was bitten by a snake
can you suck the venom out
can i come in

Ending 4 - A Short Honeymoon
today is our wedding
can i come in
Last edited by LFox on Fri, 15Aug07 05:39, edited 10 times in total.
LFox
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games