Let Me In (v1.0.0 updated 30 Jul 2015)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Let Me In (beta v0.4.0 updated 8 Jul 2015)

Postby Venom » Tue, 15Jul14 18:16

the mono runtime that is available through the ubuntu center is the following:
mono-runtime-common 3.2.8+dfsg-4ubuntu4
Venom
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby Trucla » Tue, 15Jul14 18:29

...and don't try to install a newer version or it will happen to you what happened to me: no more Mono! :o :o :o
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby BBBen » Wed, 15Jul15 01:56

Venom wrote:the mono runtime that is available through the ubuntu center is the following:
mono-runtime-common 3.2.8+dfsg-4ubuntu4

Okay, I've passed that information along. If I get a solution for you I'll post it here.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby BBBen » Wed, 15Jul15 15:21

From the developer, about the version of mono needed:
I think it needs to be version 2.x (as the current Runner runs on .Net 2.0), so latest would be 2.10.9.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby Venom » Wed, 15Jul15 15:57

Well we are running on mono-runtime-common 3.2.8 so that shouldn't be a problem
there is some more information on how we managed to install mono over here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3533
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby BBBen » Wed, 15Jul15 16:21

Venom wrote:Well we are running on mono-runtime-common 3.2.8 so that shouldn't be a problem
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3533

The difference might be based on the .NET framework. As I understand it .NET frameworks aren't backward or forward compatible - if you need version 2, then version 3 won't work. So I think he meant it when he said the latest version is 2.10.9. It's confusing, but they keep each version of .NET maintained and keep updating them; I assume it's the same with mono. Possibly both can be installed on the same machine at the same time? I don't know.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby Trucla » Wed, 15Jul15 18:25

BBBen wrote:
Venom wrote:Well we are running on mono-runtime-common 3.2.8 so that shouldn't be a problem
http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3533

The difference might be based on the .NET framework. As I understand it .NET frameworks aren't backward or forward compatible - if you need version 2, then version 3 won't work. So I think he meant it when he said the latest version is 2.10.9. It's confusing, but they keep each version of .NET maintained and keep updating them; I assume it's the same with mono. Possibly both can be installed on the same machine at the same time? I don't know.
With all respect, mono-runtime-common is what we may call the basis of Mono, and by default it installs also libmono-corlib4.0-cil that is the support for .NET4.0. That's why - if we want adrift to run - we need to install libmono-corlib2.0-cil. Besides, this is all clearly explained in the readme that comes with the adrift package. And yes, like in Windows. several versions of .NET may co-exist (1, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, etc.). What happens in Venom's machine is that he has both .NET4 and .NET2. I think there is some confusion in Campbel's head between Mono's version and .NET version...
Cheers!
Trucla
If a guy is hungry, don't feed him! Just offer a fishing rod and teach him fishing!
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Postby BBBen » Thu, 15Jul16 01:37

Trucla wrote:
BBBen wrote:
http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3533

With all respect, mono-runtime-common is what we may call the basis of Mono, and by default it installs also libmono-corlib4.0-cil that is the support for .NET4.0. That's why - if we want adrift to run - we need to install libmono-corlib2.0-cil. Besides, this is all clearly explained in the readme that comes with the adrift package. And yes, like in Windows. several versions of .NET may co-exist (1, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, etc.). What happens in Venom's machine is that he has both .NET4 and .NET2. I think there is some confusion in Campbel's head between Mono's version and .NET version...
Cheers!

Possibly :)
I'm not personally acquainted with the software, so as a mouthpiece for Campbell I'm probably not much help myself. Incidentally the thread over on the ADRIFT forum where I've been in touch over this is here: http://forum.adrift.co/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11214
Although you do have to be signed in to the ADRIFT forums as an adult to access the AIF area.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby Trucla » Sun, 15Jul19 19:59

BBBen wrote:I'm not personally acquainted with the software, so as a mouthpiece for Campbell I'm probably not much help myself. Incidentally the thread over on the ADRIFT forum where I've been in touch over this is here: http://forum.adrift.co/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11214
Although you do have to be signed in to the ADRIFT forums as an adult to access the AIF area.
I apologize for the delay in replying to this post of yours, but had to clean up the mess left by my previous tests with the latest version of Mono. In other words I had to re-install my Linux box from scratch.
1.- My intervention here was purely for trying to help Venom, and nothing else: I play Adrift games in a Windows box.
2.- It's out of question for me to sign up in Adrift forums, as ages ago Mr Campbell left me preaching to the little fishes twice, and that was enough for me. Never again!

Now for your information (and Venom's) , I've tried to load two *.taf games (done in Adrift 5) without any success: they don't load at all. My guess the reason for this being the fact that the Linux version of Adrift (buid 0 dated 14.08.04) isn't touched for almost one year, so it's not synchronised with Mono version and its libraries.

Good luck!
Trucla
Trucla
legend of the South Seas

Re: Let Me In (v1.0.0 updated 30 Jul 2015)

Postby BBBen » Thu, 15Jul30 05:21

I have now posted the full release version of the game, (v1.0.0) which can be found through the original link. This version contains new images, options and responses.

Changelog v1.0.0 - 29 Jul 2015
- 3 new images
- New stripping/show off options (for the new images)
- More responses & better syntax
- minor bug fixes
- a couple of new tips
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby paquito » Thu, 15Jul30 08:37

Nice game, very difficult but nice! ;)

I found the 3 pictures.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Skelaturi » Sat, 15Aug01 07:05

ither i missed the command for those new pics or i seen them but thought they were already in the game.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby paquito » Sat, 15Aug01 07:12

it's a bit like when you ask her to show her boobs & the ending 4.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby BBBen » Sat, 15Aug01 07:20

Actually, ending #4 was already in the game in the previous version. The three new pictures can all be found before the endings; two of them are in one response, but it takes a little more work than most of the other responses.
BBBen
lagoon predator

Postby paquito » Sat, 15Aug01 07:41

I know, I just said that because of a particular similitude.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games