Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E07 (2017-12-04)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Brad's Erotic Week - S 01, E 01 & 02 (2015-03-28 Patch)

Postby Bonhomie » Mon, 15Mar30 23:28

Interesting questions in the last post.
Should we 'save' when we get to the end of a path ready for the episodes yet to come?
I would imagine "Perfect ends" are a must, but there may be other ends that will carry on in some way.

I'm trying the flow charts because despite managing it in the original version, I cannot get to the double bar ending. I'm missing something and don't know what at the moment.
I've tried doing the Faith stuff in 'easy' to see what choices pick up points - especially where there are three choices and you can get 1 point for one, but 2 points for another, but still cannot work it out - and of course I deleted all my old version saves ............. as instructed. :sarcastic:

I also cannot get the 'other reaction' in the toilet from Emily and I have got there in every other way possible I think.
Bonhomie
Games Master

sex: Masculine

Postby Wolfschadowe » Mon, 15Mar30 23:34

bing6541 wrote:Thanks for the help on page 5 with my IE problem.
Great game. As many others have commented, the multiple path options (like Date with Ariane) makes this a fun one to replay and explore.
Glad you got it working bing6541!

bing6541 wrote:I have a question about one of the elite paths.
Yes. And it is possible to have Emily not tell you to get out. Keep in mind that some elite paths won't payoff in Episodes 1 and 2, but they still need to be set up properly so that they can progress in later episodes.

And regarding savegame points:
This is a difficult question to answer due to the branching nature of the game. The biggest obvious branch is making a date to go to the bar, or to go to the Strip Club, so you would probably want to save before making the date. Unfortunately, succeeding at the bar or the strip club on Thursday on an Elite path will require different preparation at the Bar on Wednesday, which will become more obvious the more you get to know the characters, especially in later episodes. This is especially true when juggling more than one woman. That's where balancing reputation and individual relationships is key, and 1 relationship point can make a big difference on elite paths. But it's also not just about the relationship. Sometimes there are pre-requisites also. Assume that if a woman is present in the scene, they may see anything that you do, and may remember that later which may influence some of their decisions.
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby nosckaj » Tue, 15Mar31 00:03

More lurckers on the surface just to say thanks.

This great seems great! Only the demo is better than many full games. I love Natalie as character. And i like the idea of a mystery girl while you go out with other girls.

I don't know its because more days are needed or because the game is so hard, but I can't achieve the elite path bar.
nosckaj
Pilot fish

Postby bing6541 » Tue, 15Mar31 00:21

Thanks for the replies on the elite path and the saves. I was able to get the elite path I asked about. Just want to explore it as part of the game. Regarding saves, I'll just save many different options. I was only hoping to avoid an unnecessarily excessive amount of saves.
bing6541
great white shark

Postby Wolfschadowe » Tue, 15Mar31 01:53

Bonhomie wrote:I'm trying the flow charts because despite managing it in the original version, I cannot get to the double bar ending. I'm missing something and don't know what at the moment.
I've tried doing the Faith stuff in 'easy' to see what choices pick up points - especially where there are three choices and you can get 1 point for one, but 2 points for another, but still cannot work it out - and of course I deleted all my old version saves ............. as instructed. :sarcastic:
The old saves wouldn't load. They would have generated a 404 error. :) Sorry about that. Also...it's not all about the points.
nosckaj wrote:I don't know its because more days are needed or because the game is so hard, but I can't achieve the elite path bar.
Thanks for surfacing noskaj! The bar actually generates 5 elite paths...well, technically, two of them begin in the office before going to the bar, and the rest branch from those two...but you get the idea. 5 elite paths in the bar, but only 2 have a real payoff in this episode on the bar side. The rest evolve through later episodes
bing6541 wrote:Thanks for the replies on the elite path and the saves. I was able to get the elite path I asked about. Just want to explore it as part of the game. Regarding saves, I'll just save many different options. I was only hoping to avoid an unnecessarily excessive amount of saves.
Just think...the original plan was to release with 3 saves and a quicksave! You can thank Kexter for the additional saves. :)

Also, for those of you who don't scroll up...voting for episode three is active and will run for 7 days.

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby inferno9898 » Tue, 15Mar31 05:36

Congratulations and thank you for such a great game. This is very entertaining and I can't wait for the future episodes.

I'm having a little trouble with one of the elite paths at the bar and hoping for some help.

I can get Emily/Faith together in the booth with my reward afterward on Easy and Medium, but not on Hard. Always get stopped with a "keep it above the waist". Must be missing a point or two somewhere but I can't figure it out.

Get out of the office with 10 points for Emily on easy. Get another 1 reputation for looking at the coffee shop girl out the window. She's up to 14 after Faith's fondling.

Ask her what's wrong, don't stare at her legs. DO catch the upskirts and rub her leg (up to 22 by the time we get to the booth). And by that point it is self explanatory on easy/medium. Can't figure out any differences on hard, other than being able to go further feeling her up on the 2nd upskirt, but that doesn't seem to do it.

Any ideas?
inferno9898
Pilot fish

Postby Rexxx » Tue, 15Mar31 05:57

It's difficult decide what voting, Azumi seems a very interesting chapter and if her path isn't voted immediately probably we won't have the possibility to add her for a bit, The strip bar was also an great, but at the same time, for the story, maybe the bar is the better solution (we come to another day), many choices, but this proves the potentiality of your game.
Rexxx
lagoon predator

Postby benedict » Tue, 15Mar31 10:03

I voted for the diner date, because I personally prefer to have day 1 wrapped up before moving on to day 2, but it seems Emily has too many fans :) She's my least favourite character actually.
benedict
great white shark

Postby Kandula » Tue, 15Mar31 14:05

I literally made an account to vote in the poll (diner date) :). I find this game very well made and polished (at least the parts that are completed) and I was thoroughly impressed with how tasteful and mature it is. I'm not sure how much praise I should give, because I want to sound level-headed, but I really loved it. It just shows that an erotic game doesn't need to be completely explicit to be any good, and intellectually it is far superior to most out there. Well done!
I wish I could help you, honestly, but at the same time, I want to play the game, not test it or create it :D
I guess I can just take a few minutes and write some honest recommendations. You can do the following:

Make the interactive points on the pages a touch bigger. I get what you're trying to do, but just make it a little bit easier for players to detect the text. At times I was quite literally moving the mouse around and breaking the story's flow just to make sure I'm not missing something.

In my opinion your strongest suite is your writing. This isn't really a recommendation, I'm just saying that I think this is what the players really like in the game, so you should center everything around it.

Tone down the hardest difficulty a little bit. The difficulty settings you've got are a classic formula in ero games, but I've never really liked them. This is why: I want to be unrestricted in what I'll get if I play. So I always choose the hardest difficulty. I like that the stats are hidden while I play on it, makes the whole thing feel organic, but it also makes the game extremely punishing. I had to replay some scenes over and over, and basically I was forced to either switch to an easier difficulty and miss on some stuff just so I could get a feel for the characters (never did that), or to fail over and over until I blindly found the right way (tried that, not cool). Which is a problem. Replayability is fine, but too much of it and the excitement starts dying down and being replaced with grinding. I'm not saying to completely water it down. The saving system is there after all, but it can only help so much. Just make it that the progression on the hardest difficulty isn't completely dependent on whether or not you did one wrong move. Sometimes I even felt I got punished just because I didn't do the absolutely right move. If realism is your goal, as things are, the hardest difficulty isn't achieving it.

This isn't real life, so it's kind of a little bit more difficult to convey some of the subtler hints about a character. Some emphasizing on things would do well for the game - don't make it easier to find out stuff, but emphasize when the player HAS found out something significant so they can mentally take note.

Again, I wish I could help you more. Obviously I have no idea how to make a game, so everything I say is from the outside perspective. But at the same time I write articles professionally and I've had to work with schedules and limited time, so I understand how to prioritize. Maybe my opinion has some merit. Or not. At any rate, PM me or write here if you feel my opinion could be useful. I'd love to help. Good luck!
Kandula
Pilot fish

Postby bigchief » Tue, 15Mar31 15:47

I don't know, I find the voting thing a bit odd. You mention that if we don't pick Azumi now, she will need some stuff adding into things we've already done at a later date.

My only gripe with this game is it's too big - you have a huge multi path storyline with lots more to come (and complicate things). The more you release, the more options there are to have at the end of any specific chapter and therefore the more complicated the next chapter is to put together (and play through). I think you would be best off choosing what will be easiest to code and add in at any given stage and produce a timetable yourself, rather than rely on the whims of the general public ;)

Ultimately, I would rather have a complete game that is smaller in size than a huge monstrosity that never actually sees completion.
bigchief
great white shark

Postby ares » Tue, 15Mar31 16:10

Kandula wrote:Make the interactive points on the pages a touch bigger. I get what you're trying to do, but just make it a little bit easier for players to detect the text. At times I was quite literally moving the mouse around and breaking the story's flow just to make sure I'm not missing something.

With respect to this point, in Chrome use Tab to cycle through all the interactive points in a given page. If you are trying to get the whole game experience, you shouldnt do that of course, but if you have arrived to the point in which you want to see the parts of the story that you have missed, this is a good way to guarantee that you haven't missed a hotspot.

Tone down the hardest difficulty a little bit. The difficulty settings you've got are a classic formula in ero games, but I've never really liked them. This is why: I want to be unrestricted in what I'll get if I play. So I always choose the hardest difficulty. I like that the stats are hidden while I play on it, makes the whole thing feel organic, but it also makes the game extremely punishing. I had to replay some scenes over and over, and basically I was forced to either switch to an easier difficulty and miss on some stuff just so I could get a feel for the characters (never did that), or to fail over and over until I blindly found the right way (tried that, not cool). Which is a problem. Replayability is fine, but too much of it and the excitement starts dying down and being replaced with grinding. I'm not saying to completely water it down. The saving system is there after all, but it can only help so much. Just make it that the progression on the hardest difficulty isn't completely dependent on whether or not you did one wrong move. Sometimes I even felt I got punished just because I didn't do the absolutely right move. If realism is your goal, as things are, the hardest difficulty isn't achieving it.

The argument here seems to be that the "Elite" Paths, which I think is what you are referring to when you speak about 'the hardest difficulty', are not required to have a complete game experience. In theory, you will have a story and plenty of sexual encounters if you choose to play on Hard Difficulty and that should leave you satisfied. The "Elite" content is then justified to be extremely hard since strictly speaking it is not necessary.

Nevertheless, I sympathize with your plea. The main problem I think is that once you start pursuing an Elite ending, there is no way to know at which point you might have made a mistake. So say you arrived at a non Elite ending, to which save point do you go back? Since you can never be sure of this, the number of games that you have to play scales roughly exponentially on the number of branching points, i.e. it turn into grinding.

Hence, I have a suggestion. For people playing in Hard Difficulty, I suggest that after the player has played m times, he accesses an option to be informed, say, every 15 or 20 pages, whether any of the Perfect Endings can be achieved. What I have in mind is a simple text box at the bottom of the screen that updates every N pages (it can't be every page because then it would be telling exactly where you made the mistake) that says something like 'Emily Perfect is achievable' or 'No Perfect Path is achievable. This option would become available to the player after he has reached an ending a number of times m where m can be say between 5 and 10.

Here are some suggestions (not a walkthrough) for achieving the Perfect Endings in the Bar branch:

1.- Be sure to end up the office scene in the best possible way with Emily. It is not hard to do so but it IS essential (remember, you must get ALL possible points to access the Perfect scenes)

2.- During the conversation with Faith, also make sure that you are finding all the best options. As a general rule, she likes flirting a lot, she just has not given you sex rights just yet. So flirt but don't be desperate to fuck her. It doesn't fit your character anyway. You are a harmless perv.

3.- This one is maybe the trickiest one. Notice the mystery woman when she passes by the bar. However, DO NOT CHASE HER OUTSIDE (You are wasting time that you should be using talking to Faith). This alone breaks everything. It is important that you notice her and go look through the bar window - while Faith is occupied serving you the drinks - but DO NOT GET OUT OF THE BAR. (Although if you do, you might still be able to achieve Emily Corruption. I got there by other means though).

4.- At the bar, Emily informs you that she shows her panties to you intentionally. Well, if that's how it's going to be...

5.- At the couch, there are several options to get the making out going. If you want Perfect, don't be shy here.

6.- After Faith sits in the chair there are a couple of important choices in the conversation that ensues. The best options are the ones that address both Faith and Emily needs. Faith is easygoing, experienced, carefree and a voyeur. Emily is shy but looking to prove her ex wrong. Because the desires of both align that night, you may be able to get something that normally wouldn't happen. But still there's some maneuvering - not too complicated - involved in your choices.
Last edited by ares on Tue, 15Mar31 16:26, edited 2 times in total.
ares
great white shark

Postby ares » Tue, 15Mar31 16:20

bigchief wrote:My only gripe with this game is it's too big - you have a huge multi path storyline with lots more to come (and complicate things). The more you release, the more options there are to have at the end of any specific chapter and therefore the more complicated the next chapter is to put together (and play through). I think you would be best off choosing what will be easiest to code and add in at any given stage and produce a timetable yourself, rather than rely on the whims of the general public ;)

Hopefully, and I think Wolf has confirmed this elsewhere, the game plan is already written and structured and he is not inventing the story as he goes. If the creative and organizational work is done - as in, the game is in a state such that someonw without previous knowledge of the game but with the programming/3D art skills would be able to finish it if he/she had access to Wolf's notes - then I think it's doable.
ares
great white shark

Postby Kandula » Tue, 15Mar31 17:18

ares wrote:
Kandula wrote:Make the interactive points on the pages a touch bigger. I get what you're trying to do, but just make it a little bit easier for players to detect the text. At times I was quite literally moving the mouse around and breaking the story's flow just to make sure I'm not missing something.

With respect to this point, in Chrome use Tab to cycle through all the interactive points in a given page. If you are trying to get the whole game experience, you shouldnt do that of course, but if you have arrived to the point in which you want to see the parts of the story that you have missed, this is a good way to guarantee that you haven't missed a hotspot.

The argument here seems to be that the "Elite" Paths, which I think is what you are referring to when you speak about 'the hardest difficulty', are not required to have a complete game experience. In theory, you will have a story and plenty of sexual encounters if you choose to play on Hard Difficulty and that should leave you satisfied. The "Elite" content is then justified to be extremely hard since strictly speaking it is not necessary.

Nevertheless, I sympathize with your plea. The main problem I think is that once you start pursuing an Elite ending, there is no way to know at which point you might have made a mistake. So say you arrived at a non Elite ending, to which save point do you go back? Since you can never be sure of this, the number of games that you have to play scales roughly exponentially on the number of branching points, i.e. it turn into grinding.

Hence, I have a suggestion. For people playing in Hard Difficulty, I suggest that after the player has played m times, he accesses an option to be informed, say, every 15 or 20 pages, whether any of the Perfect Endings can be achieved. What I have in mind is a simple text box at the bottom of the screen that updates every N pages (it can't be every page because then it would be telling exactly where you made the mistake) that says something like 'Emily Perfect is achievable' or 'No Perfect Path is achievable. This option would become available to the player after he has reached an ending a number of times m where m can be say between 5 and 10.

Here are some suggestions (not a walkthrough) for achieving the Perfect Endings in the Bar branch:

1.- Be sure to end up the office scene in the best possible way with Emily. It is not hard to do so but it IS essential (remember, you must get ALL possible points to access the Perfect scenes)

2.- During the conversation with Faith, also make sure that you are finding all the best options. As a general rule, she likes flirting a lot, she just has not given you sex rights just yet. So flirt but don't be desperate to fuck her. It doesn't fit your character anyway. You are a harmless perv.

3.- This one is maybe the trickiest one. Notice the mystery woman when she passes by the bar. However, DO NOT CHASE HER OUTSIDE (You are wasting time that you should be using talking to Faith). This alone breaks everything. It is important that you notice her and go look through the bar window - while Faith is occupied serving you the drinks - but DO NOT GET OUT OF THE BAR. (Although if you do, you might still be able to achieve Emily Corruption. I got there by other means though).

4.- At the bar, Emily informs you that she shows her panties to you intentionally. Well, if that's how it's going to be...

5.- At the couch, there are several options to get the making out going. If you want Perfect, don't be shy here.

6.- After Faith sits in the chair there are a couple of important choices in the conversation that ensues. The best options are the ones that address both Faith and Emily needs. Faith is easygoing, experienced, carefree and a voyeur. Emily is shy but looking to prove her ex wrong. Because the desires of both align that night, you may be able to get something that normally wouldn't happen. But still there's some maneuvering - not too complicated - involved in your choices.

I agree with what you said about the difficulty, more or less. I still think then that things should be achieved just a little bit easier to reduce loading and repetition. Yes, I mean the elite paths.
I like your idea about the notifications.
About the tab on Chome... a game is being created here. Surely, if the smallest interactive points are made just a little bit bigger, it would ultimately be better for all players? All I'm proposing are things that should, again, just basically help reduce the loading and repetition. Maybe I'm not being clear enough, when I say make them a LITTLE bit bigger, I really mean a little.
Kandula
Pilot fish

Postby Köpi » Tue, 15Mar31 17:46

Damn, why do all people have to make the wrong votes [img]images/icones/icon5.gif[/img]
Köpi
great white shark

Postby evilgrim » Tue, 15Mar31 19:19

I just love this game it gets better as it goes on , i know i have to be patient and wait for the next update to the game but i am sure like this one and what ever path wins will be worth the wait ....

Thank you Wolfschadowe for what is a truly very good game [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
evilgrim
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games