Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E07 (2017-12-04)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Brad's Erotic Week - S 01, E 01-04 (2015-09-28)

Postby kexter » Sat, 15Nov21 02:03

Don't get too excited, just a patch for Episode 4 (version 1.4.4): http://bew.rocks/bewep4patch
Apart from a few fixes, here's what's new in this version: BEW has a new skin and now it speaks Spanish (thanks to moskys).
A proper patch announcement should follow by Wolfschadowe.

One, some might say significant, change gameplay-wise is that scores are now shown regardless of the difficulty level.

Problems/issues/bugs are expected, don't be shy to report them. Also, feedback on the new look is welcome.
@kextercius
kexter

sex: Masculine

Postby Depeche » Sat, 15Nov21 02:16

kexter wrote:One, some might say significant, change gameplay-wise is that scores are now shown regardless of the difficulty level.

Nice changes.

It makes the game easyer to find perfect paths, but the challenge is less spicy than before.
Even if most spoilers and walkthrough are written in the next few days of each episode, a blind play is much funny (for me) the first playthroughs.
At least, it helps waiting for the looong time between episodes ( when a game is so good, i can't help wanting more and more often ) ;)

Is there any other reason for available scores even in Hard mode ?
Depeche
lagoon predator

Postby kexter » Sat, 15Nov21 02:47

Depeche wrote:Is there any other reason for available scores even in Hard mode?
It's the first step of my many-step evil plan to remove easy and medium modes, and create only two difficulty levels: casual and hardcore. Casual would be the current hard mode with the score being reported, and in hardcore mode no score would be shown. Achievements would unlock even in casual mode, all the content would be available in both difficulty levels, and the difficulty could be changed mid-play in the options menu. This wasn't implemented because Wolfschadowe pointed out that players would have very little incentive to play in hardcore mode. So this concept is currently shelved.
@kextercius
kexter

Postby Super » Sat, 15Nov21 04:03

Lol I went into the files and edited it so that variables could show on hard difficulty. Though it took a while to figure out which variable it was, had to open adventure creator and check all the stuff so yeah I think that's for the best

Never really got why someone would play on the lower difficulties, personally, considering it just cuts the sex short. That's part of why my Celina games don't have different difficulties now that I think about it.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Chappers » Sat, 15Nov21 18:25

I did the same thing Super; why cut yourself out of content, when you can get the scores up with some code changes :)

Kexter, I like your idea of 2 difficulties, that have the same amount of content, but with different information displayed; no one misses out, but can choose to go at it without additional statistical information, for a bit of a challenge if they want.

Keep up the good work guys! [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Chappers
sirens hunter

Postby moskys » Sun, 15Nov22 18:48

It's a pleasure to be a small part of this great project.

If you find out a typo or any mistake in the Spanish translation, please let me know and I'll try to fix it as soon as possible. Thanks
(Si descubrís alguna falta o error en la traducción española, por favor comentádmelo por aquí o en el foro del juego para poder corregirlo lo antes posible. Gracias)

That said, I've mixed emotions with the new skin. It's just a matter of time to get used to it, and I really don't mind having all the info displayed and the menu buttons on top. But there's something I definitely don't like: pictures and text are now very small, and we have a huge, empty grey zone at both sides and at the bottom of the screen. I like the idea of changing the classical Adventure Creator's layout, but I think that the size of the playing area was not one of its flaws.

I would like to read more opinions on that subject.
moskys
lagoon predator

Postby Ripe » Sun, 15Nov22 20:19

Removing Easy and Medium mode... considering I never even considered playing those is a good idea. And so is adding another level of difficulty above hard for those who don't want to know how they progress through the game [those who do could easily made a single change to have that info all along].

As for new skin... I don't know. It will take some time to get used to it and while I have a feeling that images are now smaller, it might be just an optical illusion due to different positioning of the game screen [it's a bit lower now].
Ripe
lagoon predator

Postby kexter » Mon, 15Nov23 01:40

moskys wrote:I like the idea of changing the classical Adventure Creator's layout
BEW had it's own layout for a very long time. Actually Tlaero backported/reimplemented (parts of) the old BEW design to be the new AC default look.

Ripe wrote:it might be just an optical illusion due to different positioning of the game screen
This plays into it, and on certain resolutions the images might be smaller then previously - it is being tweaked.

The patch was only "optimized" for 1920x1080. For any other desktop resolution I just made sure that everything that needs to be visible is kind of visible. And to be perfectly frank, due to a miscalculation, the images are actually a tiny bit smaller even on 1920x1080 than intended. Previously they were 1280x640, now they are somewhere around 1255x627.5 - but keep in mind that most of the images have a native resolution of 1250x625 - so even now they get scaled up by the browser.

If you think that the screen real-estate is not optimally used, so basically if you think that there's more available space on the bottom and the sides, then please let me know your desktop resolution. The same goes if you think that the font-size is too small. This way I'll be sure too look at it. But rest assured, I'll be tweaking it regardless.
@kextercius
kexter

Postby kexter » Mon, 15Nov23 15:43

A new patch for episode Episode 4 is out (version 1.4.5), the link is the same as before: http://bew.rocks/bewep4patch
This patch should make the game use more of the available screen-space.

If 1.4.4 made the images appear smaller than before for you then you should definitely take a look at this patch.
@kextercius
kexter

Re: Brad's Erotic Week - S 01, E 01-04 Patch (2015-11-23)

Postby Wolfschadowe » Mon, 15Nov23 17:04

Thanks Kexter, for pushing out the patch while I was away for work!

The new patch has various bugfixes, including fixing tracking for helping Candy in the strip-club, changing some checks in the office that were blocking a couple achievements and paths. Full notes will be available on the main site shortly.

Also, for those that haven't noticed yet, a new user interface designed by Kexter.

Finally, a new Spanish (Castilian?) translation and localization by Moskys. Considering the game now has well over 65,000 words, that's an enormous task! (The dev version has a little over 81,000)

All of you who are helping with the project, I can't thank you enough!

Depeche wrote:It makes the game easyer to find perfect paths, but the challenge is less spicy than before.
There may be a new element of difficulty though. If someone watches the score too closely, and loads a savegame when the score goes down, they may be locking themselves out of perfect paths. Sometimes it's beneficial to take a short term loss for a long term gain.
Also remember, the displayed scores are a representation of your current relationship with the girl, and shouldn't be thought of as a traditional game score. It is also heavily dependent on the current path. Perfect scores are based on path, not on Scene. If you are thinking "What's the highest score to end Episode 4 with?" then you are thinking about the relationship scores wrong. Better questions would be:
"What's the highest score to end Episode 4 with, where Brad went to the bar, Faith Joined in the fun, and Brad licked Emily to climax the next day?"
or
"What's the highest score to end Episode 4 for with, where Brad went to the bar, Held Emily while she diddled herself, and gave Brad a handjob the next day?"
Both of these will lead to different outcomes in Episode 6 and beyond.

Super wrote:Never really got why someone would play on the lower difficulties,
The intent of the lower difficulties was primarily to give an option for stuck players to figure out where they were missing paths, or figure out what the girls liked or didn't like, and then revert back to hard. It was never really intended that people play on them all the time. The shortened scenes on lower difficulties, and the lack of earning most achievements was the incentive to play on hard instead of just dropping to the easiest mode. This is the challenge of having a normal, and hardcore. What's the point of playing on hardcore if there's no difference in the outcome from Normal?

Ripe wrote:[those who do could easily made a single change to have that info all along].
That...is called cheating. ;) And, frankly, if it's how you enjoy the game, more power to you! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img] I tend to do the same thing whenever I play Tlaero's games, or similar.

kexter wrote:BEW had it's own layout for a very long time. Actually Tlaero backported/reimplemented (parts of) the old BEW design to be the new AC default look.
BEW started out as a pure AC game. Then I started making change request after change request, after change request to Tlaero, who was fantastic and awesome about implementing most of them. Thanks Tlaero!!!
Kexter tweaked the output via JS and CSS for the first set of design changes. Some, Tlaero liked enough to merge into AC, some she didn't like, and some she called stupid. (she was slightly more diplomatic.) :na:
AC is still the primary tool for creating and editing the web pages.

Thank you everyone for playing and sticking with the game for so long!
Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby moskys » Mon, 15Nov23 20:36

kexter wrote:A new patch for episode Episode 4 is out (version 1.4.5), the link is the same as before: http://bew.rocks/bewep4patch
This patch should make the game use more of the available screen-space.

If 1.4.4 made the images appear smaller than before for you then you should definitely take a look at this patch.

Thanks, Kexter. It works well now [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

Wolfschadowe wrote:Finally, a new Spanish (Castilian?) translation and localization by Moskys. Considering the game now has well over 65,000 words, that's an enormous task! (The dev version has a little over 81,000)

Yep, it's Castilian. We used to rule the World, you know ;)
moskys
lagoon predator

Postby el drakki » Sun, 15Nov29 21:20

Gracias y mil gracias Moskys, entiendo el inglés pero en castellano, no se me escapan esas cositas que antes sí, que hacen que un texto sea todo lo erótico y calenturiento posible.

Lo dicho, gracias buen hombre [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Español 10/10
Français 9/10
English 4/10
el drakki
lagoon predator

Postby moskys » Mon, 15Nov30 22:08

el drakki wrote:Gracias y mil gracias Moskys, entiendo el inglés pero en castellano, no se me escapan esas cositas que antes sí, que hacen que un texto sea todo lo erótico y calenturiento posible.

De nada, esa es la idea. Se disfrutan mucho más
moskys
lagoon predator

Postby nacho666 » Tue, 15Dec01 15:58

moskys wrote:
el drakki wrote:Gracias y mil gracias Moskys, entiendo el inglés pero en castellano, no se me escapan esas cositas que antes sí, que hacen que un texto sea todo lo erótico y calenturiento posible.

De nada, esa es la idea. Se disfrutan mucho más

Gracias también. Y tengo que decir que no consigo ver nada con el nuevo formato del juego. ¿Que requisitos hacen falta para que funcione como es debido?
Oigo voces y no les gustas...

Sorry for my bad English, my level is basic.
nacho666
great white shark

Postby moskys » Tue, 15Dec01 21:58

nacho666 wrote:Gracias también. Y tengo que decir que no consigo ver nada con el nuevo formato del juego. ¿Que requisitos hacen falta para que funcione como es debido?

Hola, nacho666. Te he mandado un DM

For non-Spanish speakers: he's also experiencing some problems with the new skin, I've sent him a DM
moskys
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games