Coffee Date (new game)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Coffee Date (new game)

Postby Super » Fri, 15Mar20 22:10

Vitu wrote:Enjoyed the game very much, thank you. No crashes (using Gargoyle) and imho no need to add text dialogues. If people don't understand spoken English, would they do better with written English???

Um... yes? Of course?
Super
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby redle » Fri, 15Mar20 23:05

Enjoyed the game so far. Biggest problem I would say I find with the game is lack of an obvious list of achievements. Truthfully an arbitrary score or list of achievements don't really matter much to me in and of themselves. The problem is, I don't know when/if there is additional content (thinking of major content, not as in... I missed 1 picture?). There are a number of attractive females that show up throughout the game. I haven't scanned this whole thread to see endings listed in it, but even if present, do feel like it would be helpful in the game. Playing over and over until I succeed is one thing. Playing over and over to find something I hope is there, never finding it, and being left in the dark if it does or does not exist... a bit frustrating.

Your previous games tended to have all women achievable, which leads to making the attempt. Obviously, however, this game is much more focused on one specific person from the outset. Leaves one to wonder.

Anyway, great game, but food for thought.
redle
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Fri, 15Mar20 23:25

I made this game more in the realm of believability as in you cant have sex with everything that moves. It is focused on one person (Heather). Also I tried to have the game come in at under 200 mb compressed as that is the size limit that most of the file sharing sites impose hence it not being as open as some of my other games. I wanted to try my hand at a dating game and now I did it ;)
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby cpt_hook » Sat, 15Mar21 00:30

I haven't managed to get anywhere on day 2 yet, but so far I like the game.

The voice idea is interesting, but I would also prefer it included subs as well - sometimes playing with volume on may be ... inconvenient [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

I like Heather's look and accent (though I notice you opted to avoid potential shock of American audiences by not having her use brit terminology for cigarettes [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]

I also love that she has a PT.

Also, playing in Git (since I haven't seen it mentioned yet) with no bugs beyond the 'scene machinery' mentioned in the Readme.
cpt_hook
great white shark

Postby criscor » Sat, 15Mar21 12:26

Is there a guide about how open the game? [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
criscor
Pilot fish

Postby Nezumi » Sat, 15Mar21 12:28

I wasn't a fan of the voices, they sounded too Stephen Hawking to me, also, as others have said that playing with sound is not always the best idea, especially in a share house. :lol:

I enjoyed it, was a bit frustrating early on trying to work out the right answers but I got there eventually. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
Nezumi
great white shark

Postby Morgwen » Sat, 15Mar21 12:44

criscor wrote:Is there a guide about how open the game? [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

I will give a you general advice. If you don`t know how to open a file, search the file ending in google (.gblorb... you can also add "how to open") ...and now see what happens... ;)

You can find such links here:

http://inform7.com/if/interpreters/
Morgwen
lagoon predator

Postby Jiimbojones » Sat, 15Mar21 14:01

Fun game, as usual.

Just want to report that i got the fatal error also.

Once when horseback riding before anything really happens there, once back in her apartment after she gets my pants off.

I have made it through the beach ending before without issues. The only difference this time that i can tell is that I danced with the girl at the bar, and made a little more emphasis to get drunk the night before.
Jiimbojones
great white shark

Postby Boris404 » Sat, 15Mar21 15:21

This is an interesting game. Thanks to Lamont. I am not sure about the voice cues (had to rush to a headset).

Some of the cumulative games like this have a running indicator of say interest. On this one there are some subtle clues, but I must be missing something big because I have never gotten out of the friend zone on either second date. Clues anybody?
Boris404
great white shark

Postby Super » Sat, 15Mar21 16:47

Is it possible to pass the first date but not have enough from the first date to pass the second date? Like, you need 5 points to pass the first date but need 10 points from the first date to pass the second date?

Because if so, I think that's cheap. Especially since I haven't done anything to actually piss her off or express disappointment in me, so it doesn't make sense why I can't make it past the beach.

And it still crashes on the horse date
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby ak404 » Sat, 15Mar21 18:28

Tip for the whole game would be to be to use your sense of humor. You may have thought the first date went perfectly but how many times did you make her laugh?
ak404
Pilot fish

Postby Super » Sat, 15Mar21 18:40

ak404 wrote:Tip for the whole game would be to be to use your sense of humor. You may have thought the first date went perfectly but how many times did you make her laugh?

I did focus on doing that. Maybe I missed one.

Regardless, I still think that, if you pass the first date, it should be possible to pass the second date. Though maybe that's just me.

Also, I do want to say I am enjoying this game, sorry if I've been a bit rude.

I found a few new laughs on date one so whee!

EDIT: And... those extra laughs don't do anything. :/
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Boris404 » Sat, 15Mar21 20:55

ak404 wrote:Tip for the whole game would be to be to use your sense of humor. You may have thought the first date went perfectly but how many times did you make her laugh?

Thanks, that hint pushed me out of the friends zone. I succeeded on both second dates. For the in those second date in the room while waiting for her there is just one option. Is there a path that gives a different option?

Now I see there is a third ending at least. I will try for that one next.
With the happy endings the voice stuff is neat. One recommendation on any input if there was a key that allowed a save. Currently it can only be saved when the scene freezes.

Thanks again for the game. A second thank you for the laughter hint.

======
Added

I cannot figure out the third ending the one I assume is in the club, hints Please
Last edited by Boris404 on Sun, 15Mar22 02:33, edited 1 time in total.
Boris404
great white shark

Postby Super » Sat, 15Mar21 21:16

Should I assume that, the longer she laughs, the better the affection recieved? That's a neat idea if so
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby blossom » Sat, 15Mar21 21:29

Thank you... though I don't have as much patience with AIFs these days, this one is quite well made! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
blossom
sirens hunter

sex: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games