Coffee Date (new game)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Coffee Date (new game)

Postby wariotpl » Thu, 15Mar19 21:34

On horse date when i get first pictures with horses game crash, games freeze for 5s. next Glulxe turn off. I get this bug 3 times on horse date and one time after beach date.
wariotpl
great white shark

Postby Rexxx » Thu, 15Mar19 21:35

Interesting game, listening one can understand better what are the better moves for the future, but i don't see a true system for knowing for sure, we will see after I will have played more.
The speaking isn't bad, but I fear that many non-english players will have problems to play.
Rexxx
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby wariotpl » Thu, 15Mar19 22:01

I got crashes always on two days in random pictures, only when i choose smalltalk with meagan.
wariotpl
great white shark

Postby lamont Sanford » Thu, 15Mar19 22:26

What are you using to play? Gargoyle or something else? I have never had the game crash on me, weird.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby SpikeTheGoat » Thu, 15Mar19 22:43

Mirroring what others have said, I think it would have been much nicer with the text. I see the problem being that you have to type it all - though you did so while making the text to voice, so that is just mostly a copy/paste + fixing it up. Also it might take tweaking with the words/photos sharing space or how you want it to come off.

That said, it is of course your creative thoughts that fuel the game and it works fine as is. Also not a huge text-to-speech fan, but at least it wasn't god awful like some of them out there, and there was a variance between the different characters which was really nice.

A pretty fun little CYOA! Oh, and those little 'breaks' where you have to skip a turn to get it going again - those make great spots for remembering to sneak a save in ;) Good job lamont.

(As an aside, use gargoyle and also never had a crash at the horse date)
SpikeTheGoat
great white shark

Postby Rexxx » Thu, 15Mar19 22:52

Wariotpl, at this point I think that the problem is in glulxe, good to know also for me (I had chosen the beach for now) that I have instead use Gargoyle (that surely is better, even if I prefer glulxe's background that it's more white, instead of gargoyle that it's a bit grey for my tastes).
Aside the game, the graphic part is like always remarkable (even if in this case there are less women that in other your works).
Rexxx
lagoon predator

Postby Super » Fri, 15Mar20 00:42

Still not sure about the voice acting, especially since it's computer generated.

Also, I was using Gargoyle, but the game still crashed when I went on the horse date.

didn't get anything beyond making out with her and seeing her make out with that random girl at the bar, and I'd like to see more, but I can only save once form what I can tell, when I need to walk out of her apartment. Which is a bit weird because that's the only time I'm not just pressing numbers, but I still want to be able to save more often ;o
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby PapaSmurf » Fri, 15Mar20 02:07

Thx alot Ls will give u feedback after im done playing
PapaSmurf
lagoon predator

Postby M » Fri, 15Mar20 04:05

I really enjoyed this. I wouldn't mind text dialogue and a more controlled way to save, but this was fun. You've really progressed visually since the first game you used DAZ in, and I think that and the firm commitment to the first person perspective really helped the immersion. I would definitely play other games like this.

How many endings are there? I can't decide if I think the other characters feel like they're just there to make the world feel more fleshed out or if there's other paths I missed.
M
lagoon predator

Postby ltpika » Fri, 15Mar20 04:23

You have to use Gargoyle 2011.1 to avoid crashes
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby ak404 » Fri, 15Mar20 04:54

Can anyone post a short walkthrough or any hints because I find this game really hard! I cannot get past the beach/horse riding scene no matter what I choose.
ak404
Pilot fish

Postby lamont Sanford » Fri, 15Mar20 05:01

ak404 wrote:Can anyone post a short walkthrough or any hints because I find this game really hard! I cannot get past the beach/horse riding scene no matter what I choose.

It is quite possible that at the point you are at the beach/horseback riding that you have not really done enough on the first date to get into her panties ;)
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Fri, 15Mar20 05:02

M wrote:I really enjoyed this. I wouldn't mind text dialogue and a more controlled way to save, but this was fun. You've really progressed visually since the first game you used DAZ in, and I think that and the firm commitment to the first person perspective really helped the immersion. I would definitely play other games like this.

How many endings are there? I can't decide if I think the other characters feel like they're just there to make the world feel more fleshed out or if there's other paths I missed.

I really didn't even consider putting the text in the game. I guess in retrospect that may have been the move since I see a few people mentioning it. With the way the game is structured with the menu's it would have been tough though.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Fri, 15Mar20 05:07

M wrote:How many endings are there? I can't decide if I think the other characters feel like they're just there to make the world feel more fleshed out or if there's other paths I missed.

Most of the other characters are just there to flesh things out as you say. Some add some minor content. As for the endings you have 2 possible ending (well 4 if you count death and getting the brush off from Heather) Heather alone or Heather and her roomate.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby xviii » Fri, 15Mar20 05:54

Great game. I like the bold move you took with the text to speech, but as others have said, text as well would have been great as I can't always have sound on. My other comment on this is that possibly some pauses could have been added as the delivery of the lines sounds obviously robotic at times. Usually it can be hard to convey tone with such technology, so it is good that you put the laughter in which helps a lot. Still, I think that playing around with the way words are written or if possible pauses introduced into sentences could have made a big difference for the few lines that come across as very robotic.

The game 'crashes' are the only places I can save, with the one at the night club not working as pressing any button continues the game there. That said, my current saves don't seem to be helping me progress in the latter chapters, so I think I'll have to start again.
xviii
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games