The Physio by sportd ***Final*** (HTML)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: The Physio by sportd ***Final*** (HTML)

Postby Rexxx » Sun, 15Mar15 11:55

It's always better reading the licenses, but probably is ok, I have seen that also Arnii put his site on cloudfire, if it' okay putting adult content only if you have a paid service you could evaluate if paying there could save more money in bandwidth that cost (but I don't know your situation).
Rexxx
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby Morgwen » Sun, 15Mar15 11:58

Vitu wrote:LOL! Pay up or shut up people! ;) :lol:

Your statement is very helpful... :sarcastic:

You don`t get the point... its not paying or NOT paying... its about what sportd is "promising". So if he would say there will never be a free release, ok its his decision... BUT he promised a free version and told us when he wants to release it...
Morgwen
lagoon predator

Postby Rexxx » Sun, 15Mar15 13:45

Vitu wrote:LOL! Pay up or shut up people! ;) :lol:

Your statement is very helpful... :sarcastic:

You don`t get the point... its not paying or NOT paying... its about what sportd is "promising". So if he would say there will never be a free release, ok its his decision... BUT he promised a free version and told us when he wants to release it...

In the first post he wrote:
" For those of you that haven't contributed, the game will be available to the public in March sometime (depending on server loads... I'll wait for them to drop after contributors have had their fun)."

If the servers load won't drop he hasn't lied, he hadn't only predicted that so much players would have continued to play so much after so many months after the release and I don't think that when he says that he will wait 2 weeks low before opening the game to all he wants to say that each day is high he begin anew the waiting (for example if in 2 weeks only 1 or 2 days are high he will probably considers to open the free season).
And we all know that the first days (maybe 2-3weeks) after the free opening the server load will be very high, we can only hope that cloudfire will help with the serve load.
Rexxx
lagoon predator

Postby wodahSShadow » Sun, 15Mar15 15:18

If it was downloadable releasing the game for everyone would be easily accomplished by using any of the hundreds of file hosters available, no extra cost needed. This hosting problem he has was completely avoidable by not using the wrong technology.
wodahSShadow
great white shark

Postby LRM » Sun, 15Mar15 18:35

wodahSShadow wrote:If it was downloadable releasing the game for everyone would be easily accomplished by using any of the hundreds of file hosters available, no extra cost needed. This hosting problem he has was completely avoidable by not using the wrong technology.

And it would be illegally loaded on countless web sites, only some of which would give credit or use his link for the download! Relax; it will happen, just not in the time frame you desire!
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Rexxx » Sun, 15Mar15 20:26

We have to consider that no one obligates sportd to make free his games, furthermore one doesn't need to donate an enormous amount if he wants to play now (and so he is also helping the author to produce other games).
Rexxx
lagoon predator

Postby DroopyLoving » Sun, 15Mar15 21:45

I really don't think people should be complaining about when they get a free game...

That said, it is a promising sign that people want to play the game, so SportD can take that away from this.

Keep up the good work SportD, and release the game when you want. I hope it's as good (if not better) than your wonderful Gym game.
DroopyLoving
great white shark

Postby Rexxx » Sun, 15Mar15 22:20

The only bad thing for who is waiting the free version is that this post could have brought old donors back and new donors tired to wait , but if that will help sportd to have more funds for his future games the additional waiting will be paid with interests.
Rexxx
lagoon predator

Postby wodahSShadow » Mon, 15Mar16 00:10

LRM wrote:
wodahSShadow wrote:If it was downloadable releasing the game for everyone would be easily accomplished by using any of the hundreds of file hosters available, no extra cost needed. This hosting problem he has was completely avoidable by not using the wrong technology.

And it would be illegally loaded on countless web sites, only some of which would give credit or use his link for the download! Relax; it will happen, just not in the time frame you desire!

The reason he brought up was a misuse of a technology that is unnecessary to the game, not an intentional DRM feature. Remember that he even said the new game will handle things differently which makes me believe that this DRM you talk of is completely unintentional and, frankly, unnecessary. Do games like Ariane and similar others that do offer downloadable versions have this problem you mention? I don't think so.

I don't desire it sooner or later but since no one else did it I felt the need to post a more negative critic of his mistake.
wodahSShadow
great white shark

Postby LRM » Mon, 15Mar16 01:11

wodahSShadow wrote:
LRM wrote:

The reason he brought up was a misuse of a technology that is unnecessary to the game, not an intentional DRM feature. Remember that he even said the new game will handle things differently which makes me believe that this DRM you talk of is completely unintentional and, frankly, unnecessary. Do games like Ariane and similar others that do offer downloadable versions have this problem you mention? I don't think so.

I don't desire it sooner or later but since no one else did it I felt the need to post a more negative critic of his mistake.

You're wrong!!!
The reason Shark doesn't allow download of his latest release is for that very reason. As soon as a downloadable version is out, it's published on hundreds of sites, without his permission.

We've belabored this point to death. It is off topic. Whether or not sportd EVER openly releases HIS game is his decision. I'll tell you to be glad I'm not him! It would be a cold day in hell before I'd release it I were. Bitch some more! Maybe he'll feel as I do.
Lou
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby wodahSShadow » Mon, 15Mar16 01:30

No one's bitching.

You haven't proven me wrong, what Shark does is completely different from what sportd did, if you can't even realize that the comparison doesn't belong in this discussion then we have nothing else to talk about.
wodahSShadow
great white shark

Postby sportd » Mon, 15Mar16 04:45

I'd better wade in before someone mentions the bloke that ran Germany through to the mid 1940's and this thread gets shut down. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

After theGym was released I had an issue with various versions floating around, lots of emails complaining of bugs, various patches flying everywhere and generally a large amount of work when I wanted to be focussed on thePhysio. I am studying a CompSci degree and the general agreement at the time of starting the planning of thePhysio was to have one codeblock that everyone accessed so I only had to worry about one complaint... and if I moved quick enough, no one else would even notice. This is still the case but the rapid development of apps that contain the majority of a game locally but can only be played when connected to the servers has given me pause for thought.

At the same time, some websites grabbed theGym download and posted it on their site, making money from the ads surrounding the game space. Now I spent a long time with the pros and cons of this (they are making money off of my hard work vs more people are now aware of my game and are playing it).

My thoughts for thePhysio were:
If images are cached, traffic won't be continuously high so subsequent playing wont incur high traffic usage.
The game needs to have a connection to my site to stop others from hosting the game without talking to me first
TheGym was written in javascript arrays which was a mess to write and to maintain so I wrote a game creator that saved everything into a mysql database and took care of all the linking for me.
I have worked in a medium sized IT office (500 staff) and have seen the benefits of database driven applications.

Outcomes of thePhysio:
I wasn't aware my host had connection limits to the mysql database, I had assumed (mock me here) that each concurrent connection would allow the database access needed to fulfill that connections requirements but alas that was wrong and I spent the first couple of weeks after launch working furiously to find a way around this massive bottleneck. The way around this bottleneck is to have an indexedDB stored locally in the browser for those browsers that can manage them. This avoids the database connection bottleneck.

I could go back and rewrite the code for the Physio but I think it's better I learn from my mistakes and get theSniper into the world.

Thoughts for theSniper:
IndexedDB will be the standard way to manage the database component with a fallback to mysql for those who's browsers cant manage.
Preloading of images with extra images (the clean ones) hosted on alternate servers to negotiate the 503 responses.
There will still be a contributors only window but it will be set with a specific end date that will be plain for everyone to see (I hope I remember this one... please post after theSniper launches to remind me if I don't honor this one).

Summary:
This all kicked off while I was away at a 90th birthday celebration (not mine) and had patchy cell coverage. I understand people are upset and I assume some of the traffic is from people checking to see if the game is live yet. I'll sit down and post a notice to the site in the coming days warning all contributors the game will be live to all in the next 4 weeks (it will be a Monday to try and spread some of the traffic before the weekend hits). This will give contributors a chance to play their hearts out, new contributors to maybe wait until the launch rather than donate before playing and those that have been waiting have a date to focus on.

I try to take the criticisms on the chin and read into them the positive natures in which I hope they were intended. I usually wait a day before posting to think these posts through as my reaction to some comments is less than courteous. I am always amazed at people who are ready to condemn a person for a decision they have made rather than praise for the effort and let them learn from it.

I hope this lays out my thinking so you can see how I have arrived at this point and understand it.
sportd
lagoon predator

Postby wodahSShadow » Mon, 15Mar16 11:11

So DRM is part of the reason, your previous posts made it seem like it was all pain and no gain. Is the extra difficulty to debugging, making the games available to the players and bandwidth cost worth the trouble? If you can honestly say that it is, not just that you feel it is, then I retract.
wodahSShadow
great white shark

Postby Rexxx » Mon, 15Mar16 20:07

I think that sportd has described in depth his choices and why he took them, he hasn't created several games or has much experience and he is trying to do what he thinks better, doing errors and learning from them, maybe one doesn't agree with his choices but for me his good will is clear.
Rexxx
lagoon predator

Postby sportd » Mon, 15Mar16 21:02

@wodahSShadow: Yes

DRM has negative connotations at the moment. My issue is that people can host theGym and profit from it and as it's written in javascript, they can edit the conversations and links creating a whole different feel to the game that I wouldn't be happy with. So yes DRM is part of my decision. This doesn't mean 95% of a game can't be downloadable (reducing traffic)

The conversation here initially has been about the holdup to a free release.... the answer to this is traffic... specifically a mysql database query bottleneck. It is what it is... I've learned from it ... now it needs to managed to the best of my ability.

There was a lot of things I learned after releasing theGym. I looked for better ways to implement each of the issues. Most have worked well, some haven't. TheSniper will be better. I hope that puts this to bed.
sportd
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games