The Physio by sportd ***Final*** (HTML)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: The Physio by sportd ***Final*** (HTML)

Postby SYH » Sun, 15Mar08 22:02

didou wrote:The new rendering engine really seems to give good results. good works. I look forward to see more.

Agreed. Misty and Jaqs look great.
SYH
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby anggus » Mon, 15Mar09 22:33

SYH wrote:
didou wrote:The new rendering engine really seems to give good results. good works. I look forward to see more.

Agreed. Misty and Jaqs look great.

Third'd. The new engine results look phenomenal
anggus
great white shark

Postby sportd » Thu, 15Mar12 00:38

Thanks for the support.

The upside to the render engine is that it is seperate so I can be creating one scene while the render engine renders another.

The down side is that a 14 frame animation, where each frame individually is medium/poor quality but because it's moving you never notice, took two and a half days to complete rendering (as appose to the 20 minute to 2 hour rendering times of complex scenes for thePhysio)

I just have to make sure my workflow is good.
sportd
lagoon predator

Postby shizam77 » Thu, 15Mar12 07:56

Any ETA on when it's going to go free? It's March like you said [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
shizam77
Pilot fish

Postby sportd » Thu, 15Mar12 08:23

It is March, but the server loads are still quite high so it says to me that people are playing.

The only thing I can offer people who provide support to help me write these games is early access and servers that don't time out due to high loads. Switching the games to free will see a huge surge in gameplay (learned my lesson from launching theGym) so I will hold off on switching the game to open access for a while yet. I am looking for two consecutive weeks of low load at which time I'll start the process to open up the game.

I hope that makes sense.
sportd
lagoon predator

Postby sylakone2 » Thu, 15Mar12 12:16

Hi Sportd

What is the new render engine you are using I like the results I may look at it for my renders.
Are you using Lux or Octane or something different?

Cheers

Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Postby sportd » Thu, 15Mar12 17:50

I used luxrender for those results (and the reality plugin for Daz studio).

There is a learning curve, a scene sent to daz's render engine generally will usually look terrible in luxrender. I'm still getting to grips with the settings I need to change for each render. I think it'll be worth it though.
sportd
lagoon predator

Postby narcissus » Fri, 15Mar13 01:04

sportd wrote:It is March, but the server loads are still quite high so it says to me that people are playing.

The only thing I can offer people who provide support to help me write these games is early access and servers that don't time out due to high loads. Switching the games to free will see a huge surge in gameplay (learned my lesson from launching theGym) so I will hold off on switching the game to open access for a while yet. I am looking for two consecutive weeks of low load at which time I'll start the process to open up the game.

I hope that makes sense.

How much do I have to donate to get access? :)
narcissus
sirens hunter

Postby jfrancois323 » Fri, 15Mar13 03:48

sportd wrote:It is March, but the server loads are still quite high so it says to me that people are playing.

I hope that makes sense.

so the way i understand it, its we have to wait 2 weeks, but if at the end of the second weeks, it got high load. we restart the 2 weeks. the chance it will get for free, is almost impossible, so i will stop waiting & will play it next year!!

i understand why you do it, but i feel like a dog who got said "wait!!" and during that time everybody around me was eating.
jfrancois323
star of the reef

Postby Morgwen » Fri, 15Mar13 14:27

Are The Gym and The Physio running on the same server? You wouldn`t have problems with server loads when you offer a offline version... yes I know why you don`t want to do it but really... that people are reporting bugs to older versions is the reason? Really? There are several ways to avoid such "trouble"... my impression is that you want more donations and this is the easier way for you... its your game you can do what you want but you should be honest...
Morgwen
lagoon predator

Postby me3 » Fri, 15Mar13 16:40

I hope that makes sense.

You could look at using something like cloudflare, they should have a free option and it would lower your server load by caching at least the images, which i suspect might be most of your load.
If you pay for bandwidth it should help quite a bit with that too.
me3
great white shark

Postby cpt_hook » Sat, 15Mar14 05:02

Here's hoping for a public Physio soon. Gym has always been a favorite.
cpt_hook
great white shark

Postby sportd » Sat, 15Mar14 09:37

You wouldn`t have problems with server loads when you offer a offline version... yes I know why you don`t want to do it but really... that people are reporting bugs to older versions is the reason? Really?

Yes.

The gym as a whole was behind the scenes hard to manage and bugs were awful to track down. The physio is built on a mysql database with ajax requests which has had a tried and true query language i was familiar with but after implementation found it had performance problem (which is why I've also implemented local storage option). The number of requests to the database created a bottleneck. This bottleneck is a concern for.me which is why I am managing traffic the way I am.

The sniper is being built from scratch again, using local storage as the main option with mysql backup for older machines and older browsers. The sniper will have the opportunity to be played offline for those who choose local storage.

As I have said before, I can't offer much in the way of thank you to contributors but I can give them the best game experience I can provide. To be honest, I didn't expect that there would be so many players playing repeatedly.

@me3: cloudfire is a good idea. I'll look into that.
sportd
lagoon predator

Postby Vitu » Sat, 15Mar14 15:16

LOL! Pay up or shut up people! ;) :lol:
Vitu
great white shark

Postby Greyelf » Sun, 15Mar15 01:57

sportd wrote:@me3: cloudfire is a good idea. I'll look into that.

@sportd: Make sure you read cloudfire's license carefully (or any other cloud services provider's for that matter) as there may be clauses relating to the hosting of Adult Content.
Greyelf
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games