Mouse Control or Touch, attempt 2

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

In a virtual dating game, which is more important to you?

1) Mouse control of animations like in Coffee for Keisha
86%
2) Touch support so you can play on a tablet or phone
14%

Total votes : 103

Re: Mouse Control or Touch, attempt 2

Postby tlaero » Fri, 14Nov14 04:47

Everything in software is tradeoffs. Knowing which options people prefer helps me make informed decisions on what I do. You shouldn't read this as "Everyone is saying 'mouse' so I'll never get touch." You should just read this as a "Tlaero is trying to better understand her customers."

The poll is helping. Keep it coming.

Thanks,
Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby LRM » Fri, 14Nov14 08:13

I think Greebo's reply is spot on!
For the widest possible dissemination of any game there should be a version of mouse and touch.
M'lady how many times have your games been played? Multiply that by 10% and add it to that total. The number of touch users will only increase as time and technology progress. The correct answer today is release a mouse powered game and as soon as possible follow with a touch version. Then the consumer can decide which they prefer, and your game can be played by everyone.
Lou
As soon as touch downloads exceed mouse driven, release the touch first and follow with the mouse version later.
Got Wood?
LRM

sex: Masculine

Postby jfrancois323 » Fri, 14Nov14 16:09

LRM wrote:I think Greebo's reply is spot on!
For the widest possible dissemination of any game there should be a version of mouse and touch.
M'lady how many times have your games been played? Multiply that by 10% and add it to that total. The number of touch users will only increase as time and technology progress. The correct answer today is release a mouse powered game and as soon as possible follow with a touch version. Then the consumer can decide which they prefer, and your game can be played by everyone.
Lou
As soon as touch downloads exceed mouse driven, release the touch first and follow with the mouse version later.

exactly!! and if you see that not enough persons play on the touch version, you will know that you don't need to rush on touch version!! But anyway, continue your great work!! [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
jfrancois323
star of the reef

Postby Super » Fri, 14Nov14 16:57

So... does this mean you're working on something beyond helping with BEW, or is it just for general Adventurecreator stuff?
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendetta » Fri, 14Nov14 20:26

Last edited by PinkVendetta on Wed, 14Nov26 11:33, edited 1 time in total.
PinkVendetta
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Sat, 14Nov15 04:11

Superawesome, it's general AC stuff at the moment. I have some thoughts for games, but I'm not currently in a position to work on them.

Lou, "Both" is clearly a better answer for users than "One or the other," but that answer doesn't meet my needs right now. Thank you, though.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby tlaero » Sat, 14Nov15 04:11

Superawesome, it's general AC stuff at the moment. I have some thoughts for games, but I'm not currently in a position to work on them.

Lou, "Both" is clearly a better answer for users than "One or the other," but that answer doesn't meet my needs right now. Thank you, though.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby TeineWolf » Sat, 14Nov15 07:52

Somebody mentioned this in the last thread, after I assisted in it's derailment.

A touch pad, over a mouse, might be more a more intimate control, and less voyeuristic over a mouse. Some users might like the idea of the tactile control, while others might find it a little creepy. Another thing to consider, is the visual distraction associated with a touch pad. In a game CwK, the dance scene wouldn't be all that bad as a touch control But during a later sex scene, it's inevitable that a portion of the screen, will be blocked. Also a person that is right hand dominate, will block the screen differently from a person that is left hand dominate.

A mouse cursor, overall would be less visually invasive.
TeineWolf
lagoon predator

Postby smutmcgee » Sat, 14Nov15 16:46

Personally, I'll be far more likely to play these sort of games on my laptop rather than a tablet. As others have said, the ergonomics of touch-screen support have inherent issues, such as blocking parts of the screen.

I also think that the interactivity that mouse-controlled animations add to a game is far more valuable; it increases the engagement (and the engorgement, badum-tsh) with a particular scene, at least for me.

Obviously touch-screen support is a useful feature, and I can actually see it working better in terms of animation control if done correctly. But I would still prioritise the mouse-based stuff.
smutmcgee
Pilot fish

Postby LucaNatoli » Sun, 14Nov16 14:38

I vote mouse. That is because, well most people play on a PC of some sort.

But, in saying that, it would be awesome to see it on both. [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img] so we can play anywhere and reach all audiences [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Postby jfrancois323 » Mon, 14Nov17 03:44

I choose mouse too, i got so many problem with touch screen ( they never react with the touch of my finger)
jfrancois323
star of the reef

Postby Dolphin-BR » Mon, 14Nov17 21:14

I say: "Mouse"
Touch screen is a technology I dislike (I like the screen as clean as possible) and usually I don't get what I want, on the first try, using a touch screen. Using a mouse I have none of these problems.
Dolphin-BR
star of the reef

Postby TheFerry » Mon, 14Nov17 22:05

Why not both?
I mean, some "mini-games" would be better with the mouse and some will be better with touch.
Although, I think it will be harder using touch when on a PC.
https://yareel.com?referral_id=14998
TheFerry
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Wed, 14Nov19 02:47

Because "both" isn't one of the options. (-:

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby TheFerry » Sat, 14Nov22 17:12

I didn't mean two different versions, but depending on the mini-game.
https://yareel.com?referral_id=14998
TheFerry
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games