AIF Minicomp 2014 is now live!

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: AIF Minicomp 2014 is now live!

Postby redle » Sun, 14Jul20 00:44

Amy the slut - I actually rather liked this one. There wasn't any real challenge to it, but turning the good-girl bad was kind of fun. It would need to gain some complexity to be lengthened, but for the limited format of the mini-comp, I thought it did a good job of telling its story, if a somewhat demoralizing story it was.

Dinner plans - As with the previous, no real challenge to speak of, but it had by far the most compelling and developed story. The puzzles were just enough to let the player feel like he was having an interactive effect while the story went on around him. This, along with Friday Afternoon, and Snowstorm did a nice job of building up some sexual tension. Game play was somewhat uninspired (nothing really wrong with it, just nothing that stands out either), but being pretty bug-free and a good story carried this one to the top of the field.

Friday afternoon - An intriguing setup that fell a bit flat. The game spent far too much time interacting with and discussing the virtues of women that made brief appearances and then vanished. It built up some sexual tension, but generally not with any available target. Viewing this game as part of something bigger that allows pursuit of these other women, this could become a really good game. On the small scale, it just splinters interest far too much for its own good. The story just didn't fit in the package provided.

Fucking monster bash - Would be nice if developers would actually put a warning in the game intro itself on unfinished projects. There's a heads-up in the readme that once a player gets into the party the game is over. Of course I never find these warning until after I reach such a point and spend fruitless hours trying to figure out what to do next and having no luck. This game held a lot of promise, but ended right when I thought I had made it to the point where the game really was going to start. Author lists it as abandonware as he's moved on to other projects. Will be interested to see what he does in the future.

Lark rise - obviously the author had some issues with the mini-comp format and made some last second sweeping changes while in a frustrated frame of mind. The game clearly suffers for it. It's a shame because boy-mage hits the town and leaves a trail of mischief where ever he wanders has such promise. I'd much prefer to have played that game then the current
boy-mage ignores his new found talents and decides to spend the night at home having relations with his adoptive mother for no real reason.

One last pay day - Another solid entry for a limited-time, limited-size game.
I even enjoyed the fact that the best end (well, I've only played for 4-5/7, so might be a better one) had us killing off the only woman with us. Although, it being aif and all, we'd need some other woman to show up and reward us properly (I know, typical minicomp rules restrict available sex scenes and character count. But I can imagine the game continuing that way). I appreciate the artistry of "I thought I was out, but they pulled me back in." Just gotta get some along the way ;)

Slim Spady - As others said, a bit too buggy. I didn't really have any trouble getting going in the game, but at times it became a bit confusing or frustrating to figure out what was going on or if you were at an end. I feel like it would have been a pretty good entry if some of those bugs were cleared up.
@bigchief - if you wanted to look at it again: heavy spoilers (semi-walkthrough)
look in the globe before the dame enters, so you can offer her whisky
phone your contact and set up a meet
wear your coat (you can't pick up and keep items if you aren't wearing this)
take the newspaper, gum, and gun
meet your contact, then checkout the warehouse
newspaper to clean the window
shoot the door lock
newspaper under the door, gum to poke out the key
search for all the items inside
(don't click on the fish until eventually you meet the cat... clicking it early will jump you to the end early and you'll lose)
go to the club and do the interrogations there until you get the box

Done from memory, and I glossed over some, but should let you at least see most of how the game was expected to run.

Snowstorm - Is a cute little game that did a decent job of building some sexual tension between the leads. Unlike the others, this one has the feel of being created specifically for the minicomp rules. It feels complete as is (sure the game could be expanded with this or that, but those are minor things), and really doesn't have anywhere else to go. There isn't much plot; the game boils down to: put this list in order from least intrusive/personal to most. The author does a good job though of making each option play out with a bit of snark, while the progressive nature continues to draw the player in. Several of the other games have way more potential, but the feel of completeness I think pushes this one into second place in my book.
might have been pushed out of 2nd by Payday if I had ended that game with my best friend still alive and a fine women at my side
redle
star of the reef

Postby Venom » Mon, 14Jul21 15:24

Does anybody has walkthrough for the special scene in Friday afternoon.
nvm will look through the source files ... can help out if needed
Venom
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby blevins29 » Mon, 14Jul21 22:41

I'm playing dinner plans and I can't get by my first day with Emily. I try to tip her but no command seems to work. Some help would be appreciated.
blevins29
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Mon, 14Jul21 23:28

blevins29 wrote:I'm playing dinner plans and I can't get by my first day with Emily. I try to tip her but no command seems to work. Some help would be appreciated.

The game gives you three options (in bold) for tipping Emily. Just use one of them as a command.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby el drakki » Wed, 14Jul23 01:23

Je n'arrive pas a "résoudre" Dinner plans.... Une petite aide s'il vous plait [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
Español 10/10
Français 9/10
English 4/10
el drakki
lagoon predator

Postby blevins29 » Thu, 14Jul24 04:28

Thanks ExLibris! Just typing "generous tip" without any verb worked.
Now I have a bigger problem. On day2 Anna tells me it is Monday and Emily is working to go ahead and order pizza. I try to prepare by getting the hockey gear (it won't let me) and turning on the TV to watch sports (it says a basketball game is playing and turns itself back off). I try to order pizza or call Pizza Bella and neither work (it says I've already ordered pizza). Emily never shows up on day2. Evidently I'm not the only one getting this game ending problem - I searched an AIF board where others were reporting the same results. Maybe Diner Plans has more serious bugs than previously thought. I did go through day1 on 3 different playthroughs and got the same problems on day2.
blevins29
great white shark

Postby whynot » Thu, 14Jul24 20:13

Bonjour,

Pour Diner Plans, il faut embrasser Anna plusieurs fois avant de sortir du bar.
Cela permet que la seconde livraison d'Emily ne reprenne pas les informations de la première.
J'ai fait plusieurs essais avant de comprendre.
Cela semble pareil pour la suite (même si ce n'est plus embrasser qu'il faut répéter).
Il faut bien suivre les consignes, soit celles du fichier Readme.txt, soit les indications fournies dans le jeu.

Bon courage !
whynot
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Thu, 14Jul24 20:47

blevins29 wrote:Thanks ExLibris! Just typing "generous tip" without any verb worked.
Now I have a bigger problem. On day2 Anna tells me it is Monday and Emily is working to go ahead and order pizza. I try to prepare by getting the hockey gear (it won't let me) and turning on the TV to watch sports (it says a basketball game is playing and turns itself back off). I try to order pizza or call Pizza Bella and neither work (it says I've already ordered pizza). Emily never shows up on day2. Evidently I'm not the only one getting this game ending problem - I searched an AIF board where others were reporting the same results. Maybe Diner Plans has more serious bugs than previously thought. I did go through day1 on 3 different playthroughs and got the same problems on day2.

What version of ADRIFT are you using? That's pretty much the only thing I can think of since other people (including myself) have been able to play through it without problems.

Which AIF board out of interest?
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby el drakki » Thu, 14Jul24 23:59

whynot wrote:Bonjour,

Pour Diner Plans, il faut embrasser Anna plusieurs fois avant de sortir du bar.
Cela permet que la seconde livraison d'Emily ne reprenne pas les informations de la première.
J'ai fait plusieurs essais avant de comprendre.
Cela semble pareil pour la suite (même si ce n'est plus embrasser qu'il faut répéter).
Il faut bien suivre les consignes, soit celles du fichier Readme.txt, soit les indications fournies dans le jeu.

Bon courage !

J'ai fait tout ça et rien ne vas, loser total!

J'embrasse Anna au bar.
Je laisse le hockey gear dans le salon, elle le vois, la mot sports apparait en gras, mais j'ai essayé de toutes les façon et elle no réagis pas au mot sports.
Au 3ème jour, je play guitar, elle aussi, je demande sur sa bande et je lui répare la voiture et rien ne va...
:??:
Español 10/10
Français 9/10
English 4/10
el drakki
lagoon predator

Postby blevins29 » Fri, 14Jul25 13:06

ExLibris :
I am using Version 5.0.30.1 and the AIF page I mentioned was in Yahoo Groups. A poster using the name "imuncheskimo2" was complaining about the exact same issue I was having.
Someone posting in French said I needed to kiss Anna at the bar. I did (3 times) but that did not cure the day 2 problem. Thanks for trying to help. I know you tested this game (Dinner Plans) for the author but this bug must have not presented itself to you.
blevins29
great white shark

Postby whynot » Fri, 14Jul25 20:03

Hi,

Dinner plans :
Kiss four or five time Anna at the bar.
I use ADRIFT 5.0.31 and it works fine.

Bye
whynot
great white shark

Postby el drakki » Fri, 14Jul25 22:22

J'abandonne..... J'ai tout tenté à Dinner plan et c'est toujours le même résulta. Je suis trop nul... :(
Español 10/10
Français 9/10
English 4/10
el drakki
lagoon predator

Postby blevins29 » Sat, 14Jul26 03:25

I changed Adrift from version 5.0.30.1 (not that old - 2013) to 5.0.31 and the game now works for me. Days 2, 3, 4 now appear and function properly. I can now also kiss Anna 5 times on day 1 (I was only getting to kiss her 3 times before). Thanks to all who have offered advice. Maybe others having this same problem can now upgrade Adrift and play the game. Different versions of Adrift need to be more compatible!
blevins29
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Thu, 14Jul31 00:06

The last day for voting is Sunday. August 10.

So if you haven't voted yet: http://newsletter.aifcommunity.org/minicomp/
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby Ncrdrg » Mon, 14Aug04 17:58

Can't figure out how to finish Lark Rise.

More specifically, how to use the damn lube. I figured it's the olive oil but I'll be damned if there's a way to use the thing. Use is not allowed, you can't rub it, open it, put it on you on her or do anything useful with it. So, what did I miss?

Nvm - found it.
Pour
Ncrdrg
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games