Nymph's Hotel 2

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Nymph's Hotel 2

Postby Dragonmaestro » Sun, 14Jun15 17:05

Dear gamers,

I'm proud to announce that my new game is finally out ! Although it is a sequel to the not-so-good Nymph's Hotel (which was my first game ever, by the way) I consider this one a huge leap from that first episode.

In this episode, I inverted the roles : you are a college girl from Maryland on a trip to Naughty Island and in need to find a summer job. It will be up to you, the player, to decide how far she will go to get the money she needs.

There is 10 different endings plus one "Game Over" ending (but you need to really screw it up to get the "Game Over" screen) and 11 achievements.

Although at first, I expected this game to be much bigger that its earlier episode, it turned out to be not that big after all... About 29 Mo (uncompressed). What was really long was all the "programming" and storytelling.

Here is the link to the game :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lmylh ... Hotel2.zip

As usual, feel free to report any bugs or post any comments or questions about the game (good or bad (but stay polite, okay ?)) in this thread. I'll drop by every now and then and answer the posts if needed.

I hope you'll like my nasty humour and twisted mind... :p

Now, I'm gonna take a break of game-making for a while... I will get back to "Project B" (the game I was working in parallel to Nymph's Hotel 2, which has no specific name, yet) when some sort of genius lightning bolt will strike my dirty mind... as I am kind of stuck with the plot, right now...

**EDIT** Oh, and for those interrested : I also included a custom icon, for those of you who would like to use it with a shortcut. Do to so, follow the instructions in the TXT file.

**EDIT 2** Replaced dead link. June 7, 2015.

Enjoy !
Last edited by Dragonmaestro on Sun, 15Jun07 11:01, edited 2 times in total.
Dragonmaestro
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Re: Nymph's Hotel 2

Postby ZaphodB » Sun, 14Jun15 20:40

Congratulations and after a lot of play I got 10 of the achievements. Particularly enjoyed the Natalia stories although

it does seem odd that Mr Robinson would rape her in public - after all he's paid for sex. I suppose he's overcome with anger but ... Also I'd have liked it if she had been a bit kinkier ;) You could do a follow up story in which Natalia seeks revenge on her father

There was a lot of variety which I enjoyed.

The only problem I had was the strip/dance bit which I only came across once but failed quite a few times. I kept thinking that maybe there was music on it as it talked about cues which seemed to imply timing.
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby DarthMelkor » Sun, 14Jun15 20:42

Hey,
I enjoyed first part as well. Looking forward to playing this one.
DarthMelkor
great white shark

Postby Werehunter » Mon, 14Jun16 02:45

I'm not sure why, but whenever I try downloading the file it directs me to a page that has.

Errors occured:

The ReCAPTCHA field is required.

and then promptly kicks me out and back to the page you link to. I've never downloaded from or uploaded to this hosting site, so I'm no help as to why I'm getting it.
Werehunter
great white shark

Postby Dragonmaestro » Mon, 14Jun16 02:53

Thanks.

@Werehunter : you must enter the capcha just below the countdown before clicking the download button in order to work... Unlike what you might think, that's not an ad, it's really part of the download process to verify if the downloader is not a bot. ;)

@ZaphodB

Concerning the strip dance, it's not a timing thing... it's just getting the good sequence in the right order. If you do a perfect job, you'll get the 11th achievement. ;) It's just a little puzzle I added to the game to make it entertaining...

The right sequence is : "Start your dance" - "Strip" - "Dance" - "Strip" - "Dance" - "Strip" - "Dance" - "Strip".
Dragonmaestro
great white shark

Postby MysteryMan2333 » Mon, 14Jun16 13:52

Looking forward to trying the sequel out, but the link doesn't seem to work at all for me.
MysteryMan2333
sirens hunter

Postby Dragonmaestro » Mon, 14Jun16 15:50

MysteryMan2333 wrote:Looking forward to trying the sequel out, but the link doesn't seem to work at all for me.

Try again... it works fine... as well as for 889 other peoples who downloaded it. May be their servers were down when you tried it. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Dragonmaestro
great white shark

Postby LRM » Mon, 14Jun16 18:24

MysteryMan2333 wrote:Looking forward to trying the sequel out, but the link doesn't seem to work at all for me.

Fill out the captcha, then click the [SLOW] box below. It IS slow!
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Super » Mon, 14Jun16 18:41

In my humble opinion, you should add some checks and variables. Like, at the moment, it's just an interactive book. You just choose "the pervy option" or "The good option" and that's pretty much it. Do something like having to build up the main characters confidence or debauchery or whatever. Like, before she goes to have a threesome with a coworker and a random guy, you'd need to build up her lust for such an event. In my opinion, anyway
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Dragonmaestro » Tue, 14Jun17 02:55

Superawesomemans wrote:In my humble opinion, you should add some checks and variables. Like, at the moment, it's just an interactive book. You just choose "the pervy option" or "The good option" and that's pretty much it. Do something like having to build up the main characters confidence or debauchery or whatever. Like, before she goes to have a threesome with a coworker and a random guy, you'd need to build up her lust for such an event. In my opinion, anyway

That's a good suggestion... although tricky for a guy who knows next to nothing in programming.
Dragonmaestro
great white shark

Postby Super » Tue, 14Jun17 13:54

Dragonmaestro wrote:
Superawesomemans wrote:In my humble opinion, you should add some checks and variables. Like, at the moment, it's just an interactive book. You just choose "the pervy option" or "The good option" and that's pretty much it. Do something like having to build up the main characters confidence or debauchery or whatever. Like, before she goes to have a threesome with a coworker and a random guy, you'd need to build up her lust for such an event. In my opinion, anyway

That's a good suggestion... although tricky for a guy who knows next to nothing in programming.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2076

tlaero's AdventureCreator almost completely takes care of that. You can copy paste if/else statements in order to get to specific place you want. Just a matter of planning how much of a specific variable you need to justify something. I don't know all that much about programming but it is still really easy to use.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby Dragonmaestro » Tue, 14Jun17 16:49

Superawesomemans wrote:http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2076

tlaero's AdventureCreator almost completely takes care of that. You can copy paste if/else statements in order to get to specific place you want. Just a matter of planning how much of a specific variable you need to justify something. I don't know all that much about programming but it is still really easy to use.

I remember taking a look at it a few months ago... It looked so damn complicated that I just gave up and went back to my good old FrontPage 2003.

I might try it again... We'll see.
Dragonmaestro
great white shark

Postby ExLibris » Fri, 14Jun20 22:03

You might want to take a look at the various CYOA systems, such as Twine, although I don't know how well they handle graphics. Ren'py would be another option, which does handle graphics since it's a visual novel engine.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Super » Fri, 14Jun20 22:27

ExLibris wrote:You might want to take a look at the various CYOA systems, such as Twine, although I don't know how well they handle graphics. Ren'py would be another option, which does handle graphics since it's a visual novel engine.

I never used Renpy, but Sy, my collab partner, did before switching to Adventure Creator, and he says that Renpy has a lot more coding than Adventure Creator, so maybe not the best choice.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby redle » Sat, 14Jun21 00:04

If I remember correctly, Twine is basically just a bit of a GUI wrapper for TiddlyWiki (which is basically a link management system). Everything displayed ends up using html, so images can be added in easy enough with just your standard href. It's pretty easy to use, but it doesn't have much in the way of project organization tools, so a large project can become rather unwieldy if you don't impose your own organization right from the start (or if the project changes course part-way through).

As for the game itself, rather fun like the last one. It's certainly shallow but broad, making for a whole series of story-lets. For the most part there aren't really any right or wrong choices. So it's more about choosing all the different combinations to see all the different what-ifs. With this style of story there isn't even a real need to change formats or add variables. Your current trail of pages serves it well.

That being said, I'd be curious to see what you could do with a deeper but narrow storyline (granted this means you dictate the course of the story much more than the player choosing his path, but it can make for a much more developed character).
redle
star of the reef

Next

Return to Free sexy games