College romance by lessonofpassion

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

College romance by lessonofpassion

Postby leonizer » Mon, 14Apr07 09:54

Hello guys,

Today we've launched a new mini dating sim called College Romance.
We test a lot of new gameplay elements there and I would love to listen your opinion.

PS. There are some small secrets stashed there.

You can start your friendship with those 3 sexy girls here: http://playforceone.com/pf1_games.php?mygame=College%20romance
leonizer
lagoon predator

Re: College romance by lessonofpassion

Postby krzysiek88 » Mon, 14Apr07 11:14

Game would not load at all!!!
krzysiek88
great white shark

Postby eboogie » Mon, 14Apr07 18:30

Played through it one time, got ending 1. Like the graphics, the way all the attributes are set up and such. The only thing I didnt like however, just my opinion, that you seem to only able to do 1 thing in the morning, 1 in the midday, and 1 in the night time. Unless Im wrong.

Other than that, it was a fine game!
eboogie
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby mintut » Mon, 14Apr07 19:25

It's an interesting game, graphics are good, learning curve isn't steep, you can jump in and not feel lost. The revealing jobs as you get more skilled is neat and I really like that you can earn more money as you upgrade your skills. Too often there is no incentive to upgrade skills after you meet the requirements for something.

Biggest gripe: I disliked the morning/midday/evening separation. If you're going to keep the format I would recommend morning/afternoon/midday/evening/night instead. Let us do more each day.

The endings are alright, there was no real surprise there. Might've been nice to have an ending if you get all three girls to love you.
mintut
Pilot fish

Postby cheese101 » Mon, 14Apr07 22:01

1st ending got 4, 2nd game I found out how to break the game :P
can now get 2 girls in 1 playthrough, no need for more than 3 slots a day (is there any way to get a threesome though?)
cheese101
star of the reef

Postby ZaphodB » Mon, 14Apr07 22:07

Enjoyable as always to play a HQ graphic game for free. I did find the Asian character not quite Asian enough and found her costume more scary than erotic. Would have liked a multiple girl ending but no doubt that would make single girl endings too easy although obviously some balancing could be done. Overall I liked it and it was good advertising for Leo's games. One thing that did bug me a little is surely you should be able to flirt before giving gifts.

Final point the college setting is one that I really like in a game. A guy on the pull looking for as much enjoyment as possible rather than those games were you are basically cheating on your wife or girlfriend which I admit is exciting if there is a risk of discovery but does feel a bit wrong.
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby mintut » Mon, 14Apr07 22:23

Was able to get all 3 girls. It took until the evening on day 29, but its possible.
mintut
Pilot fish

Postby ZaphodB » Mon, 14Apr07 22:42

mintut wrote:Was able to get all 3 girls. It took until the evening on day 29, but its possible.

Well done, I couldn't make 2. But I presume that only results in a 1 girl ending. You've made me want to try again.

Failed again and it didn't help that of course one girl needs encouragement to hang around. If I wasn't trying for 3 I think I'd have made 2 this time.
Last edited by ZaphodB on Mon, 14Apr07 23:43, edited 1 time in total.
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby redle » Mon, 14Apr07 23:24

Graphics are the typical Leo good quality. It's a pretty fun little stats builder. Just made a quick pass through it so far, but here are my negatives.

I never much care for having a very strict timeline and yet constantly being penalized for trying things too quickly when the game gives me no way to know when I can advance (i.e. I have this arbitrary number of my relationship with a girl. Oh, she and I are a 19. Does that mean we're best friends, casual acquaintances, mortal enemies? This leaves me the options of trying to run the number up very high before I try anything so I'm safe, or constantly trying things over and over [and getting a penalty every time] until it succeeds). Rather than playing the game and enjoying it, I find myself forced to play it simply to find the break points where new things are allowed. Then playing from the start needing the foreknowledge from a previous playthrough. I can still have fun with the game, but it's so much better when I can actually succeed by making choices I can reasonably figure out, than when I can only succeed by testing and analyzing the game first and then play it again knowing all the answers.

Not sure how something like touching an arm is not considered flirting. Nor how actual flirting demands gifts first?

*** edit: after playing again, the feedback on score to further progression is a little better than I thought. The problem stemmed from disagreeing on progression order (like the gift/flirt mentioned already) and from small hot spots where some options just weren't apparent as options. Progression is still a little hazy, but if you go at it from the mindset of, I'm going to completely ignore everyone but 1 target, there is at least some room for forgiveness in attempting progression early (silly me, I like to talk a bit with everyone even when I focus on a main target).

The progress indicator seemed to have a lot of errors. For instance, tutoring and drama class are said to open at 50 but actually unlock at 25.

Several people have commented on the shortness of the 3 tasks per day limit. It doesn't really matter to me so much how many tasks per day I have, as I have so many tasks until game's end. How many are supposedly in the same day/week/month, however you choose to break it up, is rather irrelevant. That being said, the current setup doesn't have a realistic feel to it. When I go to school, to work, to the store... wherever I spend my time in life, I never find myself in the situation where I can 'say hi to Beth' OR buy the groceries. This feels especially odd in the early game when the girls don't even know me and all I can do is say hi to them. My suggestion would be that girl interactions are freebies where time is concerned, unless something significant happens (then maybe you lose the time slot). You ask a girl to go to the park? Okay, you probably miss your class as a result.

I realize you are trying to constrain a player so he can't go around freely chatting everyone up and still having time for everything else. Where would be the challenge. One way to handle this would be to put the girls in various locations as you have, but make them non-clickable. Kendra's hanging out in the gym? Well, if you want to talk to her you must do an activity in the gym. When you do an activity in the same area a girl is in, you automatically also get 1 interaction scene with her to talk and whatever as it is now if you had clicked on her. At least to me that seems more natural.
Last edited by redle on Tue, 14Apr08 03:11, edited 1 time in total.
redle
star of the reef

Postby ZaphodB » Mon, 14Apr07 23:46

Also a bug? I went into debt and it let me keep buying stuff but my conscience got the better of me so eventually I earned money to get back into credit.
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby Venom » Tue, 14Apr08 09:30

any tips?
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby ZaphodB » Tue, 14Apr08 15:46

Venom wrote:any tips?

These are general rather than specific points so I don't know if a spoiler is merited but here goes

1. Build up your culture and science first.
2. In the evening earn money writing when you can.
3. After culture and science are up to 50 then build up your physical
4. When you have a significant amount of cash go shopping to build up your swag
5. Then start on the girls.
6. Earn money as a bouncer to pay for presents

I can be more specific if you want but this should put you on the right path
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby NewGuy » Tue, 14Apr08 16:24

Great graphics and a solid story line. You might want to double-check the earnings for the model job, though - seems to be using the same stats as working at the shop, instead of using swag and culture.
NewGuy
sirens hunter

Postby ZaphodB » Tue, 14Apr08 19:30

Just going back to a point I made earlier because looking at the advert at the top of the page the Asian girl looks great but as she appears in the rest of the game she looks less Asian - maybe the clothes, maybe the pose because I am pretty sure they would be using the same face.
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby redle » Wed, 14Apr09 00:52

ZaphodB wrote:Just going back to a point I made earlier because looking at the advert at the top of the page the Asian girl looks great but as she appears in the rest of the game she looks less Asian - maybe the clothes, maybe the pose because I am pretty sure they would be using the same face.

I think it also has to do with the human nature of comparison. Put an average guy next to a tall one and he may look short. Put the same man next to a short guy and suddenly you think maybe he's tall. The Asian in the intro picture certainly looks 'more Asian' when directly standing next to the other 2 ladies. Not that the poses and clothes and such can't also be a part as you say...

@Venom
As Zaphod basically said, the main rule/flaw of the stats builder is to flat out ignore your actual goal for the first 2/3 of the game. Completely ignore the women and spend 15 days or so just building up your player's personal stats. Only talk to the ladies once your stats are at a reasonably high level. (and for the most part, focus only on 1 girl in any 1 game... There just isn't enough time to max everything and everyone)
redle
star of the reef

Next

Return to Free sexy games