College romance by lessonofpassion

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: College romance by lessonofpassion

Postby redle » Mon, 14Apr14 06:59

Cochise wrote:I maxed out the blonde, her character was lit up when the ending came on day 30, and I still got the "forever alone" ending.

You realize, of course, that you actually need to click on the girl to choose her. As I recall, the text on the actual button says something like, "Travel alone." (I know, generally if there are buttons, the buttons are the only options. But in flash the developers only rarely follow convention)
redle
star of the reef

Postby leonizer » Mon, 14Apr14 07:33

And what do you think about mechanics used during sexual interactions with girls? Interaction basing on a "find a right hot spot" idea? Is it worth to implement it in the following projects?
leonizer
lagoon predator

Postby Tskxe » Mon, 14Apr14 08:30

...yes...absolutely...like in Shark or Jimmy John games...would be nice...
Tskxe
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Comis » Mon, 14Apr14 10:15

leonizer wrote:And what do you think about mechanics used during sexual interactions with girls? Interaction basing on a "find a right hot spot" idea? Is it worth to implement it in the following projects?

Personally, I wasn't a big fan. Especially when there was only one hotspot to click. I spent far too much time looking for hidden hot spots because I assumed the first one I found had to be the wrong one. On the other hand, I did like finding the hotspots while talking to the girls, and how more became acceptable as the relationship progressed. Perhaps not by itself, but in conjunction with the standard pick topics of conversation model, it adds a bit more interactivity to the courtship process.
Comis
sirens hunter

Postby stoper » Mon, 14Apr14 16:54

Not a big fan of the "hot spots" either. Mostly because they were kind of random, hitting the right one was mostly a question of guessing and luck.
But I think there is some potential there. If you manage to craft them right and make them work well with the character's personalities, so they could feel more logical. A tricky job tho'.

And I agree with Comis, loosing time to search for spots, that don't exist, is not a good mechanic.

p.s. I didn't manage to find any of the secrets, while I was playing. Should check back to see what am I missing.
stoper
great white shark

Postby Cochise » Mon, 14Apr14 19:18

redle wrote:
Cochise wrote:I maxed out the blonde, her character was lit up when the ending came on day 30, and I still got the "forever alone" ending.

You realize, of course, that you actually need to click on the girl to choose her. As I recall, the text on the actual button says something like, "Travel alone." (I know, generally if there are buttons, the buttons are the only options. But in flash the developers only rarely follow convention)

Yeah, I went for the exchange student the first time. Must've beena misclick, I guess.
Cochise
lagoon predator

Postby gamebp » Mon, 14Apr14 19:40

leonizer wrote:And what do you think about mechanics used during sexual interactions with girls? Interaction basing on a "find a right hot spot" idea? Is it worth to implement it in the following projects?

it's a good improvement, imo
gamebp
star of the reef

Postby Brigma » Wed, 14Apr16 08:36

It's an interesting mechanic, I certainly don't hate it.
Brigma
lagoon predator

Postby thetorpedo » Tue, 14Apr22 12:13

I loved this game tbh. I love the RPG aspect. More like this would be great.
thetorpedo
Pilot fish

Postby ZaphodB » Tue, 14Apr22 12:40

Hotspots and indeed more interaction with the pictures are a good idea but I think if it was possible to make the mechanics have the feel of pusooy or shark's games that would be better. However I think it would be a lot more difficult as your games have very high quality graphics whereas I think they concentrate more on the animation. The difference for me is that once the sex starts in their games it feels like you have to the work as in actual sex with slow build and almost the squelching. I remember a scene from one of Pusooy's games involving anal sex where it actually take a lot of time (OK more than in real life if truth be told - the girl would probably tell me to give up) and effort to get it just right but as mentioned I think you'd probably need to change your engine to get there. Although I'm not a subscriber purely for financial reasons because I love games like "Outcast Academy" when you've allowed a free weekend, I do like the stunning girls you create and the RPG nature of your games. With the amount of new games you and your team have been producing recently you appear to be progressing rapidly.
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby sonicscream » Sun, 14May18 10:19

I like this one a lot. The girls are great and the quality of the renders is incredible.

A few things:
1. I tend to like games with a moderate story - not too heavy, but enough to imagine myself in the world. Generally speaking, I'll take a rich setting over a really compelling story. The first lets me feel like I'm inside it, while the second makes me feel like I'm just observing. So this hits a good note for me in terms of immersion. I wouldn't have minded more specifics about the world, but I did get to know the girls and feel like I was part of it, so it succeeded exactly how it should.

2. The mechanics were solid, although I also spent a lot of time searching for other hotspots. I think it's because we've all played ones with a lot of options for each move, many of which are the wrong choice. Also, while I certainly don't mind stat-builders, some more little scenes like the bonus Easter eggs would be nice (for example, the one in the library with Reiko or on the basketball court with Naomi). Tiny scenes like that are good to keep someone hooked and hint that they're progressing the right way.

3. As much as I really liked all these girls, I would've liked a bit more randomized dialogue for them in the conversations. I'm thinking of something like Sim Girl, but less basic facts (no girl cares if you know her blood type, and if she does, things are gonna get dangerous really quick) and more in the realm of favorite things, hobbies, and personal histories. We get a bit of that, but I always love more. Strong, distinct girls are key for these games. But like I said, I ended up really liking these girls. Call me sentimental, but there were a couple of moments that were actually really sweet - Reiko explaining her cosplay love, or Naomi telling you how special you make her feel. Those were unexpected for this kind of game, and they reminded me of moments in my real-life relationships. I like getting attached to girls in games like this (yeah, yeah, I know. I'm in a long-distance relationship and I don't cheat. It's a nice escape when I'm missing my girlfriend).

4. I know there's no plans at present to do more with Outcast Academy, but how about a smaller free game like this with a few of the Outcast girls? Just a quick dating stat-builder like this where you're playing a guy and trying to date Caytlyn Langley and/or a couple other girls. But mostly Caytlyn Langley.

Also, I don't have a smart phone or anything like that. Is there any way to read those QR codes? Can I save the screen and put it into some software program for my computer, maybe?
sonicscream
sirens hunter

Previous

Return to Free sexy games