Eleanor (LOP Gold)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Eleanor (LOP Gold)

Postby chrispool » Wed, 15Jan28 19:08

Rahvin wrote:Do not expect a major Eleanor game really soon as a couple of days ago I threw out a mostly finished script for the second game and began a rewrite. Why? Because it sucked ass.

I was bored writing it, always a bad sign. I had no direction, it was just "Here is Eleanor, go do stuff" that was all it was. So one night I was lying in bed, worrying about disappointing everyone with a lame follow up to the first game (still scared ****less about that, but that is normal [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img] ) when inspiration struck, I had an awesome idea [img]images/icones/icon8.gif[/img] . This idea meant a full rewrite. So I chucked out the whole script. Some bits might make it back in but its easy to start from scratch than making sure no bits from the previous story make it through vetting and confuse the hell out of everybody.

So that was my weekend. How about yours? [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

Hello Rahvin,
Thanks for the update.
Don't worry, you have taken the good decision. The last Lopgold productions have disappointed me... So I have really big expectations in your new Eleanor's story (and in LWT too). You have created the best Lop's character by far, she deserves an awesome story. Take all the time you need.
chrispool
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby Grizzlyman » Wed, 15Jan28 21:00

Rahvin, I'll concur with Chrispool. It takes a lot of courage for an artist to decide that his own creation is not up to standard and completely scrap it. But it also shows he cares and has pride in the standard of his work. Hopefully you'll feel inspired by your new storyline and enjoy putting it together.

Whenever you decide that it's finished and up to your required standards I'm sure we'll still all be here and appreciate it even more for the wait.

You have my best wishes.
Grizzlyman
sirens hunter

Postby Tomasson26 » Mon, 15Feb02 13:16

So I am sick. So much of anything. But otherwise a pretty good weekend I had.

Agree agree. I have learned to expect and enjoy. It is good to wait and then leave pleasantly surprised. It will definitely be great. You alone know best what is best. I wish you much success and inspiration.
:crazy:
Tomasson26
great white shark

Postby stoper » Tue, 15Feb03 19:42

Glad to see you're on the right path now, Rahvin. I'm looking forward toward playing another El game, the first one is probably my favorite LoP game.
Keep rockin'.
stoper
great white shark

Postby Tomasson26 » Wed, 15Feb11 14:18

I totally forgot Eleanor wish a happy birthday. February 4 was already and it is exactly a year since the first time we could play this super best game. So for me, happy birthday Eleanor. :-D. Could Rahvin connect with the wishes and something to write us here. Maybe some news or what it deems necessary. Thank you.
[img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
Tomasson26
great white shark

Postby Rahvin » Thu, 15Feb12 12:01

A year already? Woah, had no idea it had been that long. But of course for me it has been longer.

My journey with Eleanor began in Early 2013 when I contacted Leo with details about my proposed game...

"On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 20:43:06 +0100, Rahvin wrote:

Hi, first of all id like to say i am a big fan of your games as they are easily the best quality stuff that is on the internet right now. Secondly, like probably every other message you get i have an idea for a game.

The basic story line is that you play as a woman named Eleanor (name is not important it just makes identifying her easier). Eleanor is married and lives in a Beverly Hills like place and you take control of her life and lead it wherever it goes. The main part of the story-line is that she is a bored housewife, her husband earns enough so that she doesn't need to work, but no so wealthy that any massive spending can be ignored. To overcome her boredom she spends money such as online gambling or buying shoes. One day she spends too much and needs to find a way to earn the money back and hide her spending.

There are two important game mechanics that would need to be explained now.

Mechanic 1: Bored meter
This shows Eleanor’s boredom, when it gets too high she starts gambling online and loses money or goes on a spending spree and increases your debt. It goes down when you do something that increases excitement

Mechanic 2: Excitement meter
This shows her excitement, or rather her willingness to do sexy things for money or pleasure, for example, she could go online and pose naked on a webcam for some money and gets some excitement as well, this prevents players from just sending her out to walk the streets immediately. Excitement meter does not decrease.

There would be two main story paths that you would choose early on and that is the method of earning money to hide spending, the first would be to work at your husband’s office but in a different department. The sexy events are with fellow workers and your boss perhaps becoming his secretary by working your way there.

The second path would be pole dancing, Eleanor did some dancing at college and figures it would be an easy way to earn money without her husband finding out, the sexy scenes are obvious such as “private” lap dances and earning your place on the stage with a special interview with boss etc

Once Eleanor’s excitement is high enough then she can start to walk the streets to earn money or approach her boss at the strip club (if that is the path chosen) to specialize in home visits.

Possible Random events
One possible event i thought of was Eleanor starts sunbathing by the pool and spots the neighbors son masturbating while watching her, she can decide to give him a show and go further and further depending on her excitement level culminating in inviting him inside and having sex on the bed she and her husband share.

This game aims to be the opposite of Living With Britney

I felt the living with Britney 30 days was to constraining imo while the 100 days of Tori 500 was to long with the story spread out as days were spent clicking buttons. i thought that 50-60 days would be fine for this game if it is done in that style

I have more stuff but i don’t know how long i can make these comments"

Remember at this point we didn't have LWT released either so it was a different time. Over the year many things delayed production including but not limited to: my computer dying and I went to america + other places for a while.

The mechanics were merged into one and became the fidelity metre.

That first random event was removed in the vanilla version and other, more story related, were added, it would make a return in the expansion but cut in two. One part added to the peeping tom in Eleanor's garden and the other added to James the neighbor kid.

After Leo contacted me with interest about this game I emailed him more ideas and things went from there, he offered me the chance to write the script (which totally threw me as I was just a fan offering ideas and didn't expect anything more than an acknowledgement in the game credits) and here we are almost two years later.

It was interesting looking through my early emails and seeing how Eleanor has evolved from this first email to what it is now. If 4th February is her birthday then she was conceived on march 3rd :D

Anyway I have to go back to Eleanor 2, just wrote a scene that was great. And with that tease, ciao for now.
Rahvin
great white shark

Postby Tomasson26 » Thu, 15Feb12 16:18

So it's totally awesome. Much fun here. It's nice to know how it started. It's an interesting story. And therefore, I really like your ideas. So I'm looking forward. It's good that way everything turned out. Have a nice time.
Tomasson26
great white shark

Postby chrispool » Thu, 15Feb12 19:42

Thanks for sharing that with us Rahvin.

Your first idea about Bored Level and Excited Level seems better to me than the Fidelity Level currently in the game... Just for curiosity, why have you left them behind ?

Good continuation with Eleanor 2.
chrispool
lagoon predator

Postby Rahvin » Thu, 15Feb12 22:18

chrispool wrote:Thanks for sharing that with us Rahvin.

Your first idea about Bored Level and Excited Level seems better to me than the Fidelity Level currently in the game... Just for curiosity, why have you left them behind ?

I cannot recall why exactly it was changed but any changes to game mechanics usually come down to one of three things; limits with flash, issues when play testing or it gets in the way.

If I were to hazard a guess it probably came down to the fact that it was another system the player would have to navigate to get to the sex scenes and we don't like to put loads of them in a game. Also fidelity and cheating wife go together pretty well ;) you can also watch your fidelity to Drake plummet when you start working for flake, always fun that. But like I say that is just a guess, I write the scripts and the programmers make it work, if they need to change the mechanics so it works better then so be it, I have no issue with that.

Take Harvey for example, he was a character that got pretty far into the making of Eleanor before we removed him because he was not necessary, other characters did what he did for the story. These projects evolve big time. Originally Eleanor being a prostitute at flakes club wasn't a thing, she just danced on stage and she became a street walker on the side but it made sense over the course of the project to merge the two, after all we have Jordan 500 and Tori 500 if you want a prostitute game and Jordan 500 reloaded was in the works at the time so Eleanors activities were moved to the club.

Err got off topic what was this about again.... oh yeah Bored/excited thing... I think I answered that, or not, not really sure. Anyway hope that if I didn't answer, I at the very least informed you about stuff [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Rahvin
great white shark

Postby chrispool » Thu, 15Feb12 22:55

Rahvin wrote:
chrispool wrote:Thanks for sharing that with us Rahvin.

I cannot recall why exactly it was changed but any changes to game mechanics usually come down to one of three things; limits with flash, issues when play testing or it gets in the way.

If I were to hazard a guess it probably came down to the fact that it was another system the player would have to navigate to get to the sex scenes and we don't like to put loads of them in a game. Also fidelity and cheating wife go together pretty well ;) you can also watch your fidelity to Drake plummet when you start working for flake, always fun that. But like I say that is just a guess, I write the scripts and the programmers make it work, if they need to change the mechanics so it works better then so be it, I have no issue with that.

Take Harvey for example, he was a character that got pretty far into the making of Eleanor before we removed him because he was not necessary, other characters did what he did for the story. These projects evolve big time. Originally Eleanor being a prostitute at flakes club wasn't a thing, she just danced on stage and she became a street walker on the side but it made sense over the course of the project to merge the two, after all we have Jordan 500 and Tori 500 if you want a prostitute game and Jordan 500 reloaded was in the works at the time so Eleanors activities were moved to the club.

Err got off topic what was this about again.... oh yeah Bored/excited thing... I think I answered that, or not, not really sure. Anyway hope that if I didn't answer, I at the very least informed you about stuff [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

Thanks for the answer. Always a pleasure to have explanations from you, Rahvin.
I find it fascinating to learn how things are done in the creation process.
I'm looking forward to see what you have imagined for Eleanor. Keep up your excellent work.
chrispool
lagoon predator

Postby Tomasson26 » Tue, 15Mar10 16:47

So already passed some time. LWT2 us already slowly starting to emerge, he inches. And what about at home? It goes better with Eleanor? Or maybe it is not at all??
[img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]
Tomasson26
great white shark

Postby Rahvin » Tue, 15May12 12:18

With all that's been happening lately i figured you guys deserved a bit of an update. The script for Eleanor is for all intents and purposes finished. That is just the script of course and not the game itself.

Writing this script has been harder than I thought it would be, I am happy with the finished result but this time it has been tough and I have been wondering why. The answer is actually quite simple and its my fault. When I wrote the original Eleanor I never imagined I would write a sequel so I didn't write the endings to include the possibility of a sequel, hell one ending had Eleanor running off to a tropical Island with her pimp, another with her working on a farm or running off with Sven.

In short, there was no way I could write a game to encompass all these potential endings and I wasted a lot of time trying to account for these differences. I worried about you guys being unable to continue your version of Eleanor's story which actually, as silly as it sounds, caused me to lose sleep on the subject. I also did not want it to feel like a stand alone film made in hollywood that is being stretched out to create a sequel as that is one of my pet hates, another thing that made me worry and lose sleep.

In the end I had to give up and throw out the stupid pile of nonsense I had written which included the most far fetched reasons for why Eleanor and Drake were suddenly back together and started over with a simplified idea. Choose one ending and write the game as the sequel to that ending. If I didn't end up going with your preferred ending then I am sorry but it was either this or the most unbelievable pile of garbage.

This time I started off with a "Canon" ending for Eleanor 2 (working title) in mind so I know where Eleanor's story would go if there was ever a third main game with Eleanor as the character. I also included a back-up canon ending just in case this is the last in the series that gave Eleanor a happy ending, after all, even if she is a bitch she has worked pretty hard for our entertainment and deserves it as far as I am concerned.

Anyway, I don't know when this will be released as a game but I felt you guys deserved an update.

Ciao for now
Rahvin
Rahvin
great white shark

Postby leonizer » Tue, 15May12 14:13

Thanks Rahvin for the update. The script looks great.

There is a lot of assets to prepare for this game - a lot of complex locations and a whole bunch of new characters. Thanks to the lesson learned with the LWT2 we will keep Eleanor as a V4 model but we'll upgrade her shader and of course render engine.
We need a lot of time to complete this project so please arm yourself with patience.
leonizer
lagoon predator

Postby chrispool » Tue, 15May12 21:16

Thanks for the news guys.
I know it will take a long time, but I can't wait to see the game completed.
Do your best and give us another great game.
chrispool
lagoon predator

Postby Tomasson26 » Thu, 15May14 15:13

Super Rahvin. Thanks so much for the information. I think that only you know best how things should be. I look forward to
Tomasson26
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games