Return to Pleasantville

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Return to Pleasantville

Postby lamont Sanford » Sun, 13Oct27 17:40

ExLibris wrote:
lamont Sanford wrote:
ExLibris wrote:
Cochise wrote:Edit: Reading a list here...

Which ones are Tina and Connie?

Tina is the black girl who appears at the bar just after 10pm. Connie is the fat girl who appears at the lake at 3.24pm

Here's my list, although I suspect I'm missing one or two.

Angela
Connie
Erica
Fatima
Hooker
Jennifer
Karen & Audrey
Kari & Mindy
Kayla
Kelly
Linda & Rebecca
Lindsay
Loren
Michelle
Mildred
Ms Weaver
Renee
Sabrina
Shannon
Tina

Pretty good list, you are missing
Ms Johnson, Justine,Mildred,Anf the obvious ones like Emily, Olivia, Becky and Samantha

I was only listing the minor characters
so Justine is the only one I'm missing. Any hints?

Mildred is the crazy old lady in the mall, as for Justine
You need to help the tourist/ accept her invitation to go get a drink at the bar, when she propositions you to go back the the motel with her decline. This will cause Justine to weigh in, I will leave it at that for now unless you get stuck and want further hints
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby Cochise » Mon, 13Oct28 07:13

Wow that one was hidden deep in there.

Never would've thought about declining to that first chick. Smart move there. I also like how you can choose different paths once Justine starts talking to you. Had to repeat it like 5 times though, coz I kept losing the first flirt after talking to her and for some reason it automatically makes her hate you
Cochise
lagoon predator

Postby BigMikey974 » Wed, 13Oct30 17:57

I've been lurking here for a while, but just decided to join because of this game. First off, Lamont, this game and the first in the series are my favorite games on this site. I think they are challenging, but not too hard. Your models are great, Olivia is my favorite. I also really like how in this game, not all the models are perfect. Nothing better than having sex six times in a day and still paying a nasty hooker for a BJ.

Reading the lists above I have done fairly well. I am having trouble with a few of the "Challenges" however, and any help will be greatly appreciated.
I can't even find Fatima and Justine.
I just found Michelle, but she takes off after I help her.
I can't get anywhere with Karen and Audrey, I flirt, they go outside, I flirt, they leave.
Again, any help will be greatly appreciated.
BigMikey974
Pilot fish

sex: Masculine

Postby NewGuy » Wed, 13Oct30 18:40

BigMikey974 wrote:I've been lurking here for a while, but just decided to join because of this game. First off, Lamont, this game and the first in the series are my favorite games on this site. I think they are challenging, but not too hard. Your models are great, Olivia is my favorite. I also really like how in this game, not all the models are perfect. Nothing better than having sex six times in a day and still paying a nasty hooker for a BJ.

Reading the lists above I have done fairly well. I am having trouble with a few of the "Challenges" however, and any help will be greatly appreciated.
I can't even find Fatima and Justine.
I just found Michelle, but she takes off after I help her.
I can't get anywhere with Karen and Audrey, I flirt, they go outside, I flirt, they leave.
Again, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Well, you could check out the walkthrough that ExLibris put together on his blog; most of your answers can be found there.

But if you want specific hints:
Fatima - keep a close eye on the convenience store in the late afternoon/early evening, between 6 and 8 pm
Michelle - her second meeting is at the convenience store, sometime in the mid-afternoon between 3 and 5
Justine - first you need to meet Michelle the second time, but then decline the invitation to her hotel room
Karen - max out your flirting with her inside; you should be able to ACCEPT their invitation when you talk to them outside

Are you using a glorb viewer/interpreter that gives hyperlinks when choices are offered in the text? If not, try out gargoyle from the first post and you might find it a bit easier; it helps to let the game auto-input your desired command for special occasions.
NewGuy
sirens hunter

Postby ltpika » Thu, 13Oct31 01:07

Just weighing in to say: Lindsay is smoking hot.
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Thu, 13Oct31 02:02

ltpika wrote:Just weighing in to say: Lindsay is smoking hot.

;)

Also re: Michelle. If you help her early in the day you have 2 places you can run into her later on to continue with her. One is as mentioned the convenience store the other is she will be standing out front of the motel smoking. I am not sure the exact times when she is at these places but late afternoon/early eveningish.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby lamont Sanford » Thu, 13Oct31 02:04

Glad some people like the game , I knew the changes from the original would throw some people off.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby belu » Thu, 13Oct31 05:11

Great game! Looking forward to see what you got up your sleeves next!
belu
sirens hunter

Postby redle » Thu, 13Oct31 16:41

Entertaining...

But, as has been said, the lack of save/undo combined with timed game and random luck to succeed (and add in the need to actually type in the command and use more game time to actually see what time it currently is)... a bit frustrating. I will say that once I got past the initial frustration of failing a lot, it became apparent that there were quite a few people available and the game operates more on the get smacked in the face a lot, but some will say yes. Then I could enjoy it. It's a big diversion from the typical, choose who you want to go after and then work to succeed (not a bad change, just one requiring a mental shift while playing).

That being said, it's still frustrating to fail with several specific people quite a few games in a row, finally succeed with more than 1 of those, and have them demand I meet up with them at the same time of day, knowing at least 1 of them I'll need to go back and do the random number game on them all over again.

Not sure how much that bonus object helps, but hopefully that will make things nicer going forward.
and I think the comment about the book wasn't about making it super obvious... It was about making it such a specific guess the phrase. As someone else said they did, I also did a search, an examine, a look through, and who knows how many variations of studying the bin and/or pile of books. All failed. As a future suggestion, I'd say if you want to make something hard to find, do so by making it hard to notice rather than hard to find the command after it's been noticed (like there being several book bins; x bins leads to 1 being a bargin bin; x bargin bin says that even the bin is a bargin variety and has several books stacked under one of the legs to balance the bin; one of those books obviously being the one you need, and you need to specifically check those out to find it)

Oh, and what I'd consider a bug that I didn't notice mentioned (and a big problem with doing anything with Renee): the bar closes at 2am, but after 1am the bar claims to be closed and is not enterable. Many playthroughs I found myself in the bar between 1 and 2 and something would draw me outside. I'd step out, and the bar was done (and I never even realized it was that timeframe until too late because of the hidden clock).

What I'm sure isn't a bug, but would have been nice to know... most people can only be side-characters. I kept trying to get people to go camping with me (and lots of them vanish too quickly to even speak to them again after they are at full happiness with you). Really wish I hadn't wasted tons of time replaying things over and over to figure out how to bring someone camping with me. Game told me, find someone I want to bring, wish it said, bring Becky or Olivia along if you want...
redle
star of the reef

Postby Nezumi » Fri, 13Nov01 02:01

Still many girls to find, it took me a while to get into this game because I was playing the wrong game. I didn't realize the entire game actually took place on day one, I kept looking for the hidden details, continuing plot from day two and was severely disappointed when I found out there wasn't any. Day one is enjoyable all on its own but day two comes over more of a teaser and I would really hope that you can continue on with that story.
Nezumi
great white shark

Postby BigMikey974 » Fri, 13Nov01 13:57

Lamont, do you have links to your other games? I think you mentioned 4, I have only found the two pleasantvilles. Thanks.
BigMikey974
Pilot fish

Postby NewGuy » Fri, 13Nov01 15:47

BigMikey974 wrote:Lamont, do you have links to your other games? I think you mentioned 4, I have only found the two pleasantvilles. Thanks.

I see lamont already answered, but here are the discussion threads for those, if you are interested.

Two more of his games here: New Adventures of Super Schlong and Gasparillo.
NewGuy
sirens hunter

Postby gustaveglans » Wed, 13Nov06 17:54

I'm stuck in the Justine part...tried all moves I could think of, nothing works
Help please...that's the only I'm still missing

lamont Sanford wrote:
ExLibris wrote:
lamont Sanford wrote:
ExLibris wrote:
Cochise wrote:Edit: Reading a list here...

Which ones are Tina and Connie?

Tina is the black girl who appears at the bar just after 10pm. Connie is the fat girl who appears at the lake at 3.24pm

Here's my list, although I suspect I'm missing one or two.

Angela
Connie
Erica
Fatima
Hooker
Jennifer
Karen & Audrey
Kari & Mindy
Kayla
Kelly
Linda & Rebecca
Lindsay
Loren
Michelle
Mildred
Ms Weaver
Renee
Sabrina
Shannon
Tina

Pretty good list, you are missing
Ms Johnson, Justine,Mildred,Anf the obvious ones like Emily, Olivia, Becky and Samantha

I was only listing the minor characters
so Justine is the only one I'm missing. Any hints?

Mildred is the crazy old lady in the mall, as for Justine
You need to help the tourist/ accept her invitation to go get a drink at the bar, when she propositions you to go back the the motel with her decline. This will cause Justine to weigh in, I will leave it at that for now unless you get stuck and want further hints
gustaveglans
sirens hunter

Postby lamont Sanford » Thu, 13Nov07 05:16

after you flirt with justine
buy her some shots
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games