Return to Pleasantville

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Return to Pleasantville

Postby lamont Sanford » Sat, 13Oct26 16:02

almost 1500 downloads so far, thanks for playing.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby me3 » Sat, 13Oct26 16:13

Where's the house of the two mothers?
It says you get an address but nothing says where, none of the houses you can actually go to seems to belong to them and there's a couple you can't reach
me3
great white shark

Postby lamont Sanford » Sat, 13Oct26 16:30

me3 wrote:Where's the house of the two mothers?
It says you get an address but nothing says where, none of the houses you can actually go to seems to belong to them and there's a couple you can't reach

when the time comes you will get a prompt to either go or decline going.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby ChadOchocinco » Sat, 13Oct26 16:46

So, after playing through enough to get most every scene:

The game is good. Not great, but good. The no undo/saving initially frustrated me. Once I got past that (particularly once I got the book), it was much more tolerable.

That said, the game lacks polish. It wasn't until I read through this thread that I was able to figure out how to get the book. In part, because "X BIN" or "Search BIN" didn't let me determine there was a book in there to pick up. Maybe I'm spoiled by other AIF games, but usually something close to that would allow me to know there's a book in there to grab rather than having to use "look in bin" explicitly. All of my other complaints follow that tract pretty much too. The lack of a "Help" functionality left me guessing initially on what to do or commands I could use (especially around the fences). The lack of conversations with NPCs frustrated me, expecting to talk to girls to help with flirting (even something like "*NPC* doesn't feel like talking about that, try flirting with her" would have been useful). Showing the time on VERBOSE would be nice, rather than having to check the phone.

All of my complains are pretty nit-picky though, and aren't meant to be discouraging (after all, the next game I put out will be my first :P). In the end, I did enjoy the game a lot more because of the no undo/save. Going through, finding where all the girls were at specific times, how to get with them and when was enjoyable. The small touches, like being unable to flirt with certain girls because I was still holding the book, was an "Ah ha" moment that left me happy to restart. While it lacks some descriptions I'd hope to see, the hyperlinked Accept/Decline options are a nice touch.

It's a solid game with a good core mechanic, the graphics are well done and an improvement over PiP, and it has good replayability. While it's not a long game, but it doesn't feel shallow either. Definitely look forward to your next game!
ChadOchocinco
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby lamont Sanford » Sat, 13Oct26 19:14

The book was meant to be hidden and not something obvious to acquire. Being at the bottom of a bin full of books there should not be a prompt telling you it is in there.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby mos3s » Sat, 13Oct26 19:28

I'm having trouble with Lindsay, I've managed everything else so far, but I can't figure that one out, any tips?
mos3s
Pilot fish

Postby lamont Sanford » Sat, 13Oct26 20:16

mos3s wrote:I'm having trouble with Lindsay, I've managed everything else so far, but I can't figure that one out, any tips?

first off goto the early show and flirt with Lindsay successfully After the show goto the comic store and take the blame for the broken statue. Ask Lindsay out and ask her to hang out at your house...meet her at the store when she tells you and the rest is in your hands.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby NewGuy » Sun, 13Oct27 01:18

Bug report:
Went to the camping without remembering to invite becky or olivia, so it was just a foursome in the car. I then took a walk in the woods with emily.
Once there, whenever I tried something like "lick breasts" it asked whether I meant Becky's or Emily's, even though becky wasn't on the trip. Specifying Becky in commands showed the scenes as if she were there with us.

Second bug (minor):
Camping with olivia, took her for a walk in the woods. When we finished up, the text called her Becky as we put our clothes back on. "You and Becky quickly get dressed"

Also, at the bar:
Is it possible to help Ms Weaver? If so, I don't seem to be able to find the right way to ask her if she needs help getting home.

edit: Never mind. Just needed to be more take charge about it, rather than asking her.
NewGuy
sirens hunter

Postby ExLibris » Sun, 13Oct27 02:50

me3 wrote:Where's the house of the two mothers?

It's the nice house on the south side of Berry St, which is also where Chris lives. Whether that's deliberate or not, I don't know.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby bobbob1 » Sun, 13Oct27 02:59

I don't understand what to do with the tourist.
Can we get Oliva not in the mall?
Don't what to do either with the two hot girls, skinhead at the bar, black girl and renee

edit: I finally have all the answers I need
bobbob1
great white shark

Postby Cochise » Sun, 13Oct27 06:15

I keep playing and replaying trying to achieve the most complete day one. Man I love nice, simple games like this. Hell, I wouldn't kill, but I'd probably hurt someone real bad for more installments of just this dude wandering around, hooking up with anything female on two legs.

Edit: Reading a list here...

Which ones are Tina and Connie?
Cochise
lagoon predator

Postby Venom » Sun, 13Oct27 11:55

i just read exlibris mini-review on his blog and i've to sadly agree on his points.
The original was way better in story, possibilities, and character.
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby ExLibris » Sun, 13Oct27 12:26

Cochise wrote:Edit: Reading a list here...

Tina is the black girl who appears at the bar just after 10pm. Connie is the fat girl who appears at the lake at 3.24pm

Here's my list, although I suspect I'm missing one or two.

Angela
Connie
Erica
Fatima
Hooker
Jennifer
Karen & Audrey
Kari & Mindy
Kayla
Kelly
Linda & Rebecca
Lindsay
Loren
Michelle
Mildred
Ms Weaver
Renee
Sabrina
Shannon
Tina
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

Postby lamont Sanford » Sun, 13Oct27 16:31

ExLibris wrote:

Tina is the black girl who appears at the bar just after 10pm. Connie is the fat girl who appears at the lake at 3.24pm

Angela
Connie
Erica
Fatima
Hooker
Jennifer
Karen & Audrey
Kari & Mindy
Kayla
Kelly
Linda & Rebecca
Lindsay
Loren
Michelle
Mildred
Ms Weaver
Renee
Sabrina
Shannon
Tina

Pretty good list, you are missing
Ms Johnson, Justine,Mildred,Anf the obvious ones like Emily, Olivia, Becky and Samantha
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby ExLibris » Sun, 13Oct27 17:34

lamont Sanford wrote:
ExLibris wrote:

Angela
Connie
Erica
Fatima
Hooker
Jennifer
Karen & Audrey
Kari & Mindy
Kayla
Kelly
Linda & Rebecca
Lindsay
Loren
Michelle
Mildred
Ms Weaver
Renee
Sabrina
Shannon
Tina

Pretty good list, you are missing
Ms Johnson, Justine,Mildred,Anf the obvious ones like Emily, Olivia, Becky and Samantha

I was only listing the minor characters
so Justine is the only one I'm missing. Any hints?
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games