Date Ariane Reimagining

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Date Ariane Reimagining

Postby Super » Sat, 13Sep28 22:57

Dunno if this is the correct forum It's not my personal project so I don't think it goes there, but it's still eons away from being released so I don't know if it goes here...

anyway, a few days ago Ariane said he (I think?) is planning on making a "Reimagining" of his first game. Basically, fom what I can tell, it'll now be a series of dates instead of one monolithic one. So basically what I was hoping SITA's Ariane section would be like.

http://arianeb.wordpress.com/2013/09/26 ... te-ariane/

Not much info, but I'm sure there will be stuff later on and this seems like a better place than the back end of the SITA thread.
Super
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Re: Date Ariane Reimagining

Postby Greebo » Sun, 13Sep29 00:13

Superawesomemans wrote: ...a few days ago Ariane said he (I think?) is planning on making a "Reimagining" of his first game.

I'm as sure as one can be that Ariane Barnes is most definitely female! A self confessed geek maybe, but not the gender you seem to think.
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Super » Sun, 13Sep29 00:16

Greebo wrote:
Superawesomemans wrote: ...a few days ago Ariane said he (I think?) is planning on making a "Reimagining" of his first game.

I'm as sure as one can be that Ariane Barnes is most definitely female! A self confessed geek maybe, but not the gender you seem to think.

I could have sworn I heard he was actually a male who used a female persona... Or maybe I'm wrong. Whichever the case, it will always remain a mystery.
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby ExLibris » Sun, 13Sep29 10:14

Greebo wrote:

Out of interest, what are you basing that on?
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Greebo » Sun, 13Sep29 10:37

Admittedly there is no overt revelation of gender in Ariane's blogs etcetera but I was pretty sure there was a strong indication given two or three years back. Maybe I am mistaken, but even if Ariane is a male projecting a female persona, doesn't it make sense to honour that persona unless one knows for certain otherwise?

PS I just checked ArianeB's profile on this forum and she gives her gender as "female" -- that could be a giveaway if she's not lying! [img]kator/smiley130.gif[/img]
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Rikwar » Sun, 13Sep29 15:52

Theres also no transgender option in a profile :p
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby tlaero » Sun, 13Sep29 18:00

In the end, it doesn't matter. If you're going to refer to her as "Ariane," you should say "she." "Ariane" is female regardless of the sex of the human typing. The actual sex of the humans typing isn't known for any of the posters here. I mean, sure Superawesome, you say you're male, but we don't really know... (-:

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby Super » Sun, 13Sep29 18:40

If I was a hot chick, I would let you know.

And me saying that sentence should be enough proof I am male.

Anyway, Ariane's confusing gender aside, can we talk about how exciting it is that s/he is working on a new project? XD
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby spazout01 » Mon, 13Sep30 05:42

"Not only is a “port” of Date Ariane to Renpy not happening (see last post), but a “remake” is not in the cards either."

i don't believe she is making a remake of 'Date Ariane'. The announcement she gave seems to be out not doing a remake, rather than doing one.

<doh> i should have finished reading it. Seems pretty interesting
spazout01
Pilot fish

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 13Sep30 06:12

Bewildered by the above post? Then check this:
http://arianeb.wordpress.com/category/date-ariane/
ArianeB makes intentions quite clear.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby lucky loser » Tue, 13Oct01 04:08

Sweet news!

I hope that a lot of the UP17 additions make it into the new version. That's the one I still play every few months!

:kiss1:
lucky loser
star of the reef

Postby Super » Sat, 13Oct05 16:41

lucky loser wrote:Sweet news!

I hope that a lot of the UP17 additions make it into the new version. That's the one I still play every few months!

:kiss1:

By that, you mean the one with the added threesome right? Haha, well I'm a pervy guy, so I wouldn't object to that ;) At the very least, I hope the sex scenes are expanded upon.

Also, one thing I really like is that, in this new game, being able to have sex with Ariane is based more on your "Reputation" with her rather than trying to get her as drunk as possible. Yay, that mechanic was always creepy, haha
Super
legend of the South Seas

Postby peter1212 » Sun, 13Oct06 08:58

Well idea of date is good but later in the story there should be an potion to dump Ariane for Rebecca or something like that so that she would do anything to get you back and be your girlfriend instead of us impressing her and making a repo with her.It should be like something no other VDate games had before cause no Vdate games had an option to dump your real date in the game.
peter1212

Postby tlaero » Sun, 13Oct06 20:20

peter1212 wrote:It should be like something no other VDate games had before cause no Vdate games had an option to dump your real date in the game.

Everything Ariane did was something no other VDate game had before. She was the first...

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby Franco » Sun, 13Oct06 23:27

I believe peter1212's suggestion would take the challenge out of the game. An alternative would be to do as peter1212 suggests and then switch the player character to Ariane and have her try to win the guy back. That would be a challenge.

Another way would be to keep the player character as the guy but have him try to convince both girls into being his girlfriends together. Then ending with a threesome.
Franco
star of the reef

Return to Free sexy games