Overseer with Rags engine

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Overseer with Rags engine

Postby ianopolos » Wed, 13Jul24 09:06

You need Rags engine google it and download , you can download also Tads.
This game has good story and its very difficult, but if you want you can check hundreds of other games on this site.
Here is link to Overseer:

New game version - 1.11: http://www.mediafire.com/?p7ntg4ec3v4vw8h - this version is no different from 1.096, except that saving/loading times should now be significantly reduced.

http://www.tfgamessite.com/index.php?mo ... ame&id=267
Last edited by ianopolos on Wed, 13Jul31 11:55, edited 1 time in total.
ianopolos
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Re: Overseer with Rags engine

Postby kessie8yl » Wed, 13Jul24 09:18

Shouldn't this be in the board for RAGS games?
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby Brigma » Wed, 13Jul24 22:33

Technically, this board is called All Sexy Games. Just because there is a dedicated RAGS board doesn't mean it can't be posted here.
Brigma
lagoon predator

Postby kessie8yl » Wed, 13Jul24 23:52

Brigma wrote:Technically, this board is called All Sexy Games. Just because there is a dedicated RAGS board doesn't mean it can't be posted here.

Well I guess if you're being pedantic - but you might get more response on the RAGS board... There seems to be a significant minority of people interested in that sort of game but the ones I've tried weren't worth the effort it took to install the app.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby Brigma » Thu, 13Jul25 04:46

I agree, most RAGS games aren't my cup of tea either. In fact, there are so many I don't like that I rarely check the board dedicated to them. However it isn't a bad engine and if there is a game that would have appeal to a more general audience I don't see why it shouldn't be posted here. If one or two good good games come out for RAGS it could become a reasonable alternative for developers to TADS, which also requires additional software to play and has many good games.
Brigma
lagoon predator

Postby Hoboy » Thu, 13Jul25 07:53

There are a few good ones out there - what about BBBens offerings?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2215
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2847
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby Hoboy » Thu, 13Jul25 07:55

Just realized - those were Adrift. I know there are a few RAGS - I will back that with a link...
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby Hoboy » Thu, 13Jul25 08:09

I was thinking of Dangerous Assets, and Xtracurricular Activities - both of which ARE in the RAGS forum, so I guess this makes sense. Seems weird, as we get every other game engine in the all sexy games, but this is a Shark and Mods call...
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby kessie8yl » Thu, 13Jul25 09:16

Hoboy wrote:I was thinking of Dangerous Assets, and Xtracurricular Activities - both of which ARE in the RAGS forum, so I guess this makes sense. Seems weird, as we get every other game engine in the all sexy games, but this is a Shark and Mods call...

It seems to me the reason for the RAGS forum being where it is lies with the fact that 99% of the games seem to exist only to entertain the developer... A bit like people who build working models of cars, etc, out of weird stuff like matchsticks or earwax. There's no other reason for them to exist except to show the world that this guy can do it. Others may admire the skills involved and like-minded "anoraks" will compare notes and exchange ideas - but the great majority of us will look once, go "Hmmmm", and move along.

You would think that in all this discussion the developers of AIF could at least have agreed a standard vocabulary by now, but no. We're still left trying to work out whether the verb is "Pull, push, drag, lift, move, carry" or something totally obscure - and much of the time the command even changes during the course of a single game. Where would the PC be without ANSI? (Probably a Mac actually lol) .... Despite this, these games are enthusiastically received by the AIF crowd and even go on to win awards - the fact there are only 3 entrants and someone has to win it doesn't seem to matter.

When it comes to the world AIF games it seems like that model car I mentioned is missing a wheel. The modelling crowd are in ecstasy over the brilliant paint job and woe betide anyone who points out that without the missing wheel it's not really a model of a car.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby ianopolos » Fri, 13Jul26 10:56

Alright Hoboy ill check those 2 games they look big enough
ianopolos
sirens hunter

Postby Morgwen » Fri, 13Jul26 11:29

kessie8yl wrote:It seems to me the reason for the RAGS forum being where it is lies with the fact that 99% of the games seem to exist only to entertain the developer...

Did you ever tried a RAGS game? NO? Try a few and you will see that some of them are very good...

Despite this, these games are enthusiastically received by the AIF crowd and even go on to win awards - the fact there are only 3 entrants and someone has to win it doesn't seem to matter

Hmm... now you mix the things... you are talking about the minicomps... I never saw RAGS games there... and why is the competition called "mini" comp? Because the developers have only a limted time period (a few months) to develope the game and the content is limited by rules...

There are many very good free games out there, and yes some of them are better than many commercial games... so try them before you judge them...

Here is an example:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2814

The developer says its a DEMO... really there is more content in this demo than in the most other finished games...

- edit only corrected a few writing mistakes -
Last edited by Morgwen on Fri, 13Jul26 15:10, edited 2 times in total.
Morgwen
lagoon predator

Postby ExLibris » Fri, 13Jul26 13:15

kessie8yl wrote:It seems to me the reason for the RAGS forum being where it is lies with the fact that 99% of the games seem to exist only to entertain the developer... A bit like people who build working models of cars, etc, out of weird stuff like matchsticks or earwax. There's no other reason for them to exist except to show the world that this guy can do it. Others may admire the skills involved and like-minded "anoraks" will compare notes and exchange ideas - but the great majority of us will look once, go "Hmmmm", and move along.

That might be true in this forum (although the size of the threads for games such as Dangerous Assets suggests that there is at least some interest), but RAGS has proved to be immensely popular elsewhere, such as tfgamessite and the Hypnopics Collective (both of which have a higher population than this forum incidentally).

kessie8yl wrote:You would think that in all this discussion the developers of AIF could at least have agreed a standard vocabulary by now, but no. We're still left trying to work out whether the verb is "Pull, push, drag, lift, move, carry" or something totally obscure - and much of the time the command even changes during the course of a single game.

Interactive fiction games do in fact have a fairly standard vocabulary, although it can be opaque to the newcomer since it's largely derived from the commercial games of the 80s (which were the inspiration for today's IF authoring systems). What you seem to be describing is 'guess the verb', which is normally the result of an author not implementing enough synonyms for an action that falls outside that standard vocabulary.

kessie8yl wrote:Despite this, these games are enthusiastically received by the AIF crowd and even go on to win awards - the fact there are only 3 entrants and someone has to win it doesn't seem to matter.

It's odd that you should mention this as a criticism, since the Erins were put on hiatus several years ago precisely because not enough games were being released to make them worthwhile as a competition.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby ExLibris » Fri, 13Jul26 13:22

Morgwen wrote:
kessie8yl wrote:Despite this, these games are enthusiastically received by the AIF crowd and even go on to win awards - the fact there are only 3 entrants and someone has to win it doesn't seem to matter

Hmm... now you mix the things... you are talking about the minicomps... I never saw a RAGS there... and why is the competition called "mini" comp? Because the developers have only a limted time period (a few months) to develope the game and the content is limited by rules...

The fact that the AIF Minicomp places a limit on the amount of multimedia (ie. pictures) allowed means that RAGS games are at a major disadvantage, and in fact only one has ever been entered. The other reason why there aren't any RAGS games in the Minicomp is because the authoring sytem has never been very popular with the AIF community, probably because systems such as TADS, Inform and ADRIFT were already well established.
ExLibris
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Brigma » Fri, 13Jul26 14:54

kessie8yl wrote:Where would the PC be without ANSI? (Probably a Mac actually lol)

*breaks beer bottle*
you take that back! lol
Brigma
lagoon predator

Postby kessie8yl » Fri, 13Jul26 20:49

I have tried RAGS games - although I can't remember which. Says it all really... but you don't really need me to tell you - judge for yourself by the comments left for this game... The only comments other than mine are 2 or 3 RAGS regulars responding to them. Nobody apart from you guys are interested...

QED
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Next

Return to Free sexy games