Emily: Sister Attraction

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Emily: Sister Attraction

Postby palmer_aif » Fri, 15Aug21 20:36

Rexxx wrote:
Skelaturi wrote:
the issue comes with people that just register, have not been here that long and start asking for money through these kickstarter stuff. Shark has made it clear that longtime members he has no issue with. But newcomers shouldn't use this forum as a billboard

Strange, as I just got a private message from him saying he would not like me to post my Pat link. Perhaps two years isn't long enough.

I think that Shark said not to post a direct link, not to avoid to say that you are accepting donations.
You can always link to your page and there link to ***.

Yeah, as I said, it's his forum and he can do what it wants, regardless if some of us agrees or not :) It's all good!
palmer_aif
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby LRM » Fri, 15Aug21 21:03

Time for Lou to pipe up...
LRM just looked at your old posts. 99.99% of them are for your game/site.
Lou thinks, when Shark thinks, your sole purpose is to generate traffic to your site, especially when it's a pay site, Shark gets tense (spelled pissed)!!! IMO, anyone that comes here and actively participates in the community, can get away with damned near anything.
Lou wouldn't be happy if his site either!
LRM is asking we let this part of the discussion fade.
TIA
Got Wood?
LRM

sex: Masculine

Postby palmer_aif » Fri, 15Aug21 23:50

LRM wrote:Time for Lou to pipe up...
Lou thinks, when Shark thinks, your sole purpose is to generate traffic to your site, especially when it's a pay site, Shark gets tense (spelled pissed)!!! IMO, anyone that comes here and actively participates in the community, can get away with damned near anything.
TIA

I'm sorry, but are you referring to me? Anyway, if you are talking about me I should probably clear up a few things. My site is not a pay-site. Everything I do I do for free. There are no ads, and my games will always be completely free. I come here and post updates about my game development because I've been specifically asked by readers of the lagoon to do so. And sometimes I help people with problems they're having with my games. AIF is a dying breed and the last thing we need is game developers that don't engage with the players. Me sad now :(
palmer_aif
great white shark

Postby artorawley » Sat, 15Aug22 00:41

LRM wrote:Time for Lou to pipe up...
TIA

I don't understand this stance. Does this mean now that Leonizer and other LOP creators are not allowed to talk about their games on here, too? Is the issue that you, and shark, think that if people promote their games and ask for financial support that someone's theoretical support money would go toward these creators instead of shark? This is just a very strange and hostile stance to take now, after all of these years, when this forum has been a great source of sharing game creations and helping new creators and established creators in allowing more people to learn of and experience their games.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby LRM » Sat, 15Aug22 01:39

palmer_aif wrote:Trimmed
I'm sorry, but are you referring to me? Anyway, if you are talking about me I should probably clear up a few things. My site is not a pay-site. Everything I do I do for free. There are no ads, and my games will always be completely free. I come here and post updates about my game development because I've been specifically asked by readers of the lagoon to do so. And sometimes I help people with problems they're having with my games. AIF is a dying breed and the last thing we need is game developers that don't engage with the players. Me sad now :(

artorawley wrote:Trimmed
I don't understand this stance. Does this mean now that Leonizer and other LOP creators are not allowed to talk about their games on here, too? Is the issue that you, and shark, think that if people promote their games and ask for financial support that someone's theoretical support money would go toward these creators instead of shark? This is just a very strange and hostile stance to take now, after all of these years, when this forum has been a great source of sharing game creations and helping new creators and established creators in allowing more people to learn of and experience their games.

LRM is Shark's agent. LRM must enforce any stance by Shark! It matters not whether Lou agrees with said position.
In this case, Lou is largely in agreement.
If you come here and participate in the entire community I'm always glad to see your posts.
If you come here, meet the minimum requirement to create a thread, and create a thread that's nothing more than an advertisement for your site. Then your only community participation is in that thread IMO you aren't really a member of the community!

Leon, and Co are sort of gray... Members here created the initial links to their work. They initially came here to answer questions raised, not to just beat the "Visit my site" drum.
And if my memory is correct they do visit and comment in threads that don't benefit only themselves.

That IMO is what chaps Shark's ass! It really chaps it when a pay site thread is the only place the owner of the thread posts. Slightly less when a free site.

Read and post in ALL active threads and IMO Shark will give you free rein.

@ palmer_aif; I'm not asking you stop posting anything!!! I'm suggesting you post more often, in threads other than your own. That's true for anyone that posts a link here IMO.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby palmer_aif » Sat, 15Aug22 02:23

LRM wrote:LRM is Shark's agent. LRM must enforce any stance by Shark! It matters not whether Lou agrees with said position.
In this case, Lou is largely in agreement.
If you come here and participate in the entire community I'm always glad to see your posts.
If you come here, meet the minimum requirement to create a thread, and create a thread that's nothing more than an advertisement for your site. Then your only community participation is in that thread IMO you aren't really a member of the community!

Leon, and Co are sort of gray... Members here created the initial links to their work. They initially came here to answer questions raised, not to just beat the "Visit my site" drum.
And if my memory is correct they do visit and comment in threads that don't benefit only themselves.

That IMO is what chaps Shark's ass! It really chaps it when a pay site thread is the only place the owner of the thread posts. Slightly less when a free site.

Read and post in ALL active threads and IMO Shark will give you free rein.

@ palmer_aif; I'm not asking you stop posting anything!!! I'm suggesting you post more often, in threads other than your own. That's true for anyone that posts a link here IMO.

First of all, I'm a bit confused by your post. Who is Lou? Second, I don't think I've ever been so unfairly attacked by a moderator of a forum before :( I'll address your concerns point by point, just so there's no misunderstandings.
"The minimum requirement to create a thread": How does my original post differ from any of the other game announcements we see here? Why does mine only meet the bare minimum?
"Create a thread that's nothing more than advertisement for my site": Other than the link to where to download the game, I've posted a direct link to my blog on one occasion. Most of my posts are direct answers to questions. I highly suggest you read all of them again.
"Members here created the initial links to their work. They initially came here to answer questions raised, not to just beat the "Visit my site" drum." Completely unfair. Again, read all of my posts, please.
"It really chaps it when a pay site thread is the only place the owner of the thread posts." Again, my blog is not a pay site, it's completely free. I promise.

I find your behavior completely unfair and unjustified.
palmer_aif
great white shark

Postby LRM » Sat, 15Aug22 03:04

The moderator is LRM.
Lou is me. I can and do have an opinion!
Lou thinks you need to post in threads that do not benefit only you! IMO Shark thinks so too.
I don't find that the least bit difficult to understand!
I doubt the majority here do.
Lou
You've violated no rules, you've nothing to fear from LRM.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby palmer_aif » Sat, 15Aug22 03:10

LRM wrote:The moderator is LRM.
Lou thinks you need to post in threads that do not benefit only you! IMO Shark thinks so too.
Lou

Oh okay, I was confused as you're referring to yourself in the third person using two different names. An opinion is one thing, and believe me I get those a lot and I'm totally okay with that, but telling flat out lies makes me a sad panda. Hopefully we can move on from this discussion now.
palmer_aif
great white shark

Postby Cochise » Sat, 15Aug22 05:12

LRM wrote:The moderator is LRM.
Lou

I don't mean to sound like a douchebag or anything, but shouldn't a moderator of all people be at least clear and direct when discussing forum issues? I'm re-re-re-reading your posts trying to make sense of them, unsure about whether you're speaking about yourself in the third person or if you're another person using LRM's account or... anything really.

I'm trying to make sense of this discussion and quite frankly it looks like you're trolling.
Cochise
lagoon predator

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 15Aug22 06:31

Without taking issue with any of these immediate conversations, it is clear that this discussion is getting totally out of hand; we don't need something volatile.

To give some clarity, Lou is LRM.

Shark does not appreciate this Board being a "freeload" vehicle into providing someone else's existence.
He has made associations in the past which do warrant his allowance of certain sites.

I suggest that further discussions on this immediate matter, whatever they be, should be to Shark via PM for clarification.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby LRM » Sat, 15Aug22 06:35

Cochise wrote:Trimmed
I don't mean to sound like a douchebag or anything, but shouldn't a moderator of all people be at least clear and direct when discussing forum issues? I'm re-re-re-reading your posts trying to make sense of them, unsure about whether you're speaking about yourself in the third person or if you're another person using LRM's account or... anything really.

I'm trying to make sense of this discussion and quite frankly it looks like you're trolling.

If you were well read in the forum you'd already be aware of Lou vs LRM. Lou can disagree with Shark. LRM cannot openly (we gave a hidden discussion at times) do that. I'm pretty good at keeping the two separate.
Moderators don't get two accounts. We have and occasionally like to voice our opinions. Lou vs LRM is how I do that. I'll not speak for anyone else. Read a few other threads. you may get a whole different view of the Lagoon.
I shouldn't have to repeat myself; LRM is a moderator... Lou is not!
When it's necessary for LRM to chat with you there will be no doubt who you are speaking with.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby JolllyTodger1 » Sat, 15Aug22 09:39

I have to chip in in support of Palmer here.

The dude spent a couple of years of his life creating a top quality AIF game, which he then released for free to wide acclaim and two Erin awards.

His participation here enriches the forum.

To see him compared to a spammer is jarring to say the least.
JolllyTodger1
great white shark

Postby tolanis » Sat, 15Aug22 09:46

Yes i support palmer as well. I do not get the issue here and this lrm person is just confusing and not sure why he brings up the issue of a pay site ? Is it to be a troll ?
tolanis
Pilot fish

Postby Spontex » Sat, 15Aug22 10:06

Je me demande si Shark ne devrait pas faire le ménage dans ses modérateurs...
Spontex
lagoon predator

Postby LRM » Sat, 15Aug22 11:42

Once again I say this is Lou (not a moderator's opinion).
What I've said, over and over, that is apparently so difficult to understand is palmer_aif's posts are almost completely self serving!
He's made 39 total posts. 37 of them have been to his own thread.
He's made only one post to ANY other game creator's or artist's thread. We have a multitude of both; and only one post to any author or artist?
Even his required intro post, spells out the reason he came here.
palmer_aif wrote:Hello, I'm introducing myself in order to post my AIF game.
viewtopic.php?p=65340#p65340

Is this the way a good neighbor acts? I think not!
IMO, as a six year resident, This is most bothersome to Shark. Again IMO the only thing he finds more detestable is advertising for a pay site!!!
A week ago I was a hero for defending incest! Today I point out something I and IMO Shark finds bothersome and you want to hang me.
Lou
Got Wood?
LRM

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games