Emily: Sister Attraction

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Emily: Sister Attraction

Postby Guntag » Thu, 15Aug13 19:28

Whether we like it or not, I fail to understand how it would solve any copyright issues. The same pictures are used, and it's not because you use filters (or change resolution or file type, or anything) that you won't have the same copyright problems.
Guntag
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby karrek » Fri, 15Aug14 02:33

At least in the US (don't know about other countries) if a work is altered in such a way that the work+alterations constitute a new work then you don't have issues with copyright.

It's why Richard Prince can do what he does: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Prince
karrek
lagoon predator

Postby artorawley » Fri, 15Aug14 07:22

palmer_aif wrote:
Mortze wrote:
Squeeky wrote:With the greatest respects, this had absolutely nothing to do with the "incest" discussions. "Emily:Homecoming" was an unfinished projected, but in the manner attempted to relocate it to "Projects" I ran foul of Board software. Palmer_aif was immediately notified; unlike on a home computer the thread cannot be recovered from the server. While I've expressed apologies to Palmer_aif may I also express the same to those who are feeling inconvenienced.

Just asking out of ignorance, couldn't it have been resolved by Palmer recreating the thread for Homecoming in Projects again?
Cheers!

You're right, I definitely could, and intend to. Right now there's nothing new to share on Homecoming though, except for a potential graphics change (which however would affect all my projects), but when that changes I will :)

Interesting development. While I enjoyed your game, the use of re-purposed professional photographs was a real turn off. I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason if I'm going to play an AIF game then I prefer either text-only or images created specifically for the game. I don't even mind if you use screenshots taken from The Klub/SexVilla if you at least used those games to make images of the characters in your game. That being said, if you've found an artist to provide renders of your approval for your new game, or if you've been dabbling with your own artistic skills, that would make me much, much more excited for your game.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby palmer_aif » Fri, 15Aug14 08:22

karrek wrote:At least in the US (don't know about other countries) if a work is altered in such a way that the work+alterations constitute a new work then you don't have issues with copyright.

It's why Richard Prince can do what he does: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Prince

That's the situation in the country I reside in as well. I've tried finding out how much I have to edit them for them to actually constitute a new work but it's impossible to find out. Also, I wouldn't even claim any copyright or charge anything for the game. I talked to Patreon and they're okay with hosting the new content, which is exciting as it would potentially provide me with a second income, enabling me to work a lot more on creating games.

From Wiki:
An extensive definition of the term is given by the United States Copyright Act in 17 U.S.C. § 101:
A “derivative work” is a work based upon one or more preexisting works, such as a translation, musical arrangement, dramatization, fictionalization, motion picture version, sound recording, art reproduction, abridgment, condensation, or any other form in which a work may be recast, transformed, or adapted. A work consisting of editorial revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications which, as a whole, represent an original work of authorship, is a “derivative work”.
palmer_aif
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby redle » Sat, 15Aug15 02:17

Copyright is always very subjective in nature. As for the Richard Prince example, there is a rather key difference. He uses a camera, points it at a picture, and uses the resulting image that he "created" as his base point. Taking digital media directly and modifying can have completely different ground rules. Not that I'm a copyright lawyer by any means. Just pointing out that they are not identical issues (although, assuming Palmer has the images legally in the first place, photographing them while they are displayed on his monitor and building from there begin to take away the differences).

Regardless, sounds like it's a moot point as far as your host is concerned.

Hypothetically speaking, of course, since I am not condoning anything one way or another... A way someone could skirt the issue is to have the game contain no images at all, or completely self-created/public domain images. Then, as a separate, and "unofficial", release, an image-pack is distributed by other means that plugs directly into the game. Image packs can take on a bit of a life of their own, and kind of enter the user-created-content zone, which is much harder to police and has no direct ties to the game. Adds a small burden to the player, who must understand and track down a pack. Can potentially lose some players who don't grasp this or fail to get/add the pictures to the game correctly, but it does keep the game itself completely legitimate.
redle
star of the reef

Postby Skelaturi » Sat, 15Aug15 02:45

having the rights or not. I still think own art (or a partners) would be better, that way your atleast not limited to the pictures wich are already pretty limited. And ofcourse i really do not like this style. But thats me. You could have a poll of it on your own website or here. (Not both) to see what people like like this art style yes/no. And try and find a (starter)artist through aifcentral or here or your own site that could help you if you deceide to go that way. But thats all up to you Palmer.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby Ci-Go » Thu, 15Aug20 13:22

Dolphin-BR wrote:
rabbie wrote:I was kind of worried seeing that gone what with the incest argument going on in the other thread, thought we were in for a purge.

Take a look at this thread, we had the same silly argument here too! It is boring trying to make people understand the difference between fiction and reality... (and we're talking about adults... how boring :sarcastic: )

After reading the absurdity that happened in the Innocence Lost - Little Anna thread, I begin to worry myself... I surely hope that Shark's forum remain free and vibrant with discussions and presentations of new games AS IT USED TO BE, and doesn't become a stagnant pool of paranoia.
Common sense is the only thing required.

as far as i know that topic (innocence lost - little anna) was moved to projects. i have seen it there.
Ci-Go
great white shark

Postby artorawley » Fri, 15Aug21 00:47

Ci-Go wrote:
Dolphin-BR wrote:
rabbie wrote:I was kind of worried seeing that gone what with the incest argument going on in the other thread, thought we were in for a purge.

Take a look at this thread, we had the same silly argument here too! It is boring trying to make people understand the difference between fiction and reality... (and we're talking about adults... how boring :sarcastic: )

After reading the absurdity that happened in the Innocence Lost - Little Anna thread, I begin to worry myself... I surely hope that Shark's forum remain free and vibrant with discussions and presentations of new games AS IT USED TO BE, and doesn't become a stagnant pool of paranoia.

as far as i know that topic (innocence lost - little anna) was moved to projects. i have seen it there.

It got nuked for murky reasons. Some board staff and even shark himself chimed in and they each had conflicting reports as to why the thread was ultimately wiped and locked. It was either because of people discussing incest despite the game creator saying incest was not planned to be in the game or because the creator linked their Patreon in the thread. It was a very strange situation that didn't look good on the board as all from the perspective of any game creator looking to promote/share their creations here.

Edit: Ah, I see that a certain website is now blacklisted on this site. That is a shame, considering that multiple respected game creators that have posted on this forum have used it as a source of support and revenue for their creations. This forum has taken a rather worrisome turn over the past couple of months.
artorawley
lagoon predator

Postby palmer_aif » Fri, 15Aug21 01:12

artorawley wrote:Edit: Ah, I see that a certain website is now blacklisted on this site. That is a shame, considering that multiple respected game creators that have posted on this forum have used it as a source of support and revenue for their creations. This forum has taken a rather worrisome turn over the past couple of months.

As a game creator I have to agree, although I'm obviously biased, having one of those sites myself. It'd be awesome to link it to people, giving them the option to support the creation of more stuff. Then again, this is Shark's forum and he can do what he want :)
palmer_aif
great white shark

Postby Rexxx » Fri, 15Aug21 06:28

Ci-Go wrote:

Dolphin-BR wrote:

rabbie wrote:
I was kind of worried seeing that gone what with the incest argument going on in the other thread, thought we were in for a purge.

It got nuked for murky reasons. Some board staff and even shark himself chimed in and they each had conflicting reports as to why the thread was ultimately wiped and locked. It was either because of people discussing incest despite the game creator saying incest was not planned to be in the game or because the creator linked their *** in the thread. It was a very strange situation that didn't look good on the board as all from the perspective of any game creator looking to promote/share their creations here.

Edit: Ah, I see that a certain website is now blacklisted on this site. That is a shame, considering that multiple respected game creators that have posted on this forum have used it as a source of support and revenue for their creations. This forum has taken a rather worrisome turn over the past couple of months.

For the sites is Shark that decide, but for the project moved the author began to post here with a commercial project (the game wasn't free, you had to support or paying for the complete game), for me it's different from people like Palmer, Bbben, Wolf, Super that are know already here and if ask for support in any case release the game to all.
The first case was only free publicity for a commercial game.
Rexxx
lagoon predator

Postby palmer_aif » Fri, 15Aug21 15:42

Rexxx wrote:[For the sites is Shark that decide, but for the project moved the author began to post here with a commercial project (the game wasn't free, you had to support or paying for the complete game), for me it's different from people like Palmer, Bbben, Wolf, Super that are know already here and if ask for support in any case release the game to all.

All of my games are completely free, so I don't really see the problem in my case :( Patrons are not paying for content, they are paying to support the creation of more games.
palmer_aif
great white shark

Postby Skelaturi » Fri, 15Aug21 15:49

palmer_aif wrote:
Rexxx wrote:[For the sites is Shark that decide, but for the project moved the author began to post here with a commercial project (the game wasn't free, you had to support or paying for the complete game), for me it's different from people like Palmer, Bbben, Wolf, Super that are know already here and if ask for support in any case release the game to all.

All of my games are completely free, so I don't really see the problem in my case :( Patrons are not paying for content, they are paying to support the creation of more games.

the issue comes with people that just register, have not been here that long and start asking for money through these kickstarter stuff. Shark has made it clear that longtime members he has no issue with. But newcomers shouldn't use this forum as a billboard
Doggy style (noun)
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Skelaturi

Postby palmer_aif » Fri, 15Aug21 16:08

Skelaturi wrote:the issue comes with people that just register, have not been here that long and start asking for money through these kickstarter stuff. Shark has made it clear that longtime members he has no issue with. But newcomers shouldn't use this forum as a billboard

Strange, as I just got a private message from him saying he would not like me to post my Pat link. Perhaps two years isn't long enough.
palmer_aif
great white shark

Postby Skelaturi » Fri, 15Aug21 16:28

palmer_aif wrote:
Skelaturi wrote:the issue comes with people that just register, have not been here that long and start asking for money through these kickstarter stuff. Shark has made it clear that longtime members he has no issue with. But newcomers shouldn't use this forum as a billboard

Strange, as I just got a private message from him saying he would not like me to post my Pat link. Perhaps two years isn't long enough.

i dunno then, its send in private so you gotta handle it with the bigboss then
Doggy style (noun)
---

--
Skelaturi

Postby Rexxx » Fri, 15Aug21 18:34

Skelaturi wrote:
the issue comes with people that just register, have not been here that long and start asking for money through these kickstarter stuff. Shark has made it clear that longtime members he has no issue with. But newcomers shouldn't use this forum as a billboard

I think that Shark said not to post a direct link, not to avoid to say that you are accepting donations.
You can always link to your page and there link to patreon.
Rexxx
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games