Choose Your Own Adventure sex games?

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure sex games?

Postby albert99 » Fri, 13Jun21 16:50

It is a shame it is so slow, looks like a good concept otherwise.

At this point is just have a story open in another window and check back on it every five minutes or so, I can't see any other way of realistically using this website.
Last edited by albert99 on Fri, 13Jun21 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
albert99
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby kessie8yl » Fri, 13Jun21 21:23

gruelover wrote:I read they slowed down responsiveness to 'frustrate' spambots. For what it's worth, at the precise time that I'm posting this, it's quite usable - definitely as quick as I've ever seen it. Now everyone go there and kill it again...

Like spambots care??? It might be forgivable if the problem was due to spambots but being a deliberate act on the part of the host is even worse in my opinion..

Still slow - I'm not even going to try anymore unless there are signs of a vast improvement.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby TheBrain » Sat, 13Jun22 00:34

Yea, that site has been slow for the past year at least. It's a shame because the idea is quite interesting. That said, many of the larger stories on there tend to be quite random and 90% of the branches end unfinished, which can become a bit annoying.
TheBrain
star of the reef

Postby t1nm@n » Sat, 13Jun22 12:10

gruelover wrote:Here's another one: http://editthis.info/create_your_own_ad ... /Main_Page

Page loads per hour hit - limit 60
Reset limit by filling in this captcha:

FFS... :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:
t1nm@n
great white shark

Postby kessie8yl » Sat, 13Jun22 16:13

t1nm@n wrote:
gruelover wrote:Here's another one: http://editthis.info/create_your_own_ad ... /Main_Page

Page loads per hour hit - limit 60
Reset limit by filling in this captcha:

FFS... :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

If you want something to do while you're waiting you could meet someone, get engaged, married, go on honeymoon, have 3 kids and send them all through university :lol:
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby gruelover » Sun, 13Jul07 12:35

With a bit of effort you can find adult interactive stories at writing.com - here's one: http://www.writing.com/main/interact/item_id/1556699-Change-Can-Be-Good-Very-good
gruelover
sirens hunter

Postby gruelover » Sat, 13Aug10 15:10

A great site, not specifically adult, but there are some dating stories: http://chooseyourstory.com/
gruelover
sirens hunter

Postby albert99 » Fri, 13Aug23 09:26

http://editthis.info/create_your_own_ad ... /Main_Page is a lot faster now, certainly useable. You still have to put in a captcha every 60 page loads per hour and only load 2 pages at once but the pages load at a good speed now.

The writing.com CYOA seems like a perfect place for it but 95% seem to be shrinking/growth stories for some reason, which is fine if you are into that but I am not. It is a shame there is not more diversity in the CYOA stories there.
albert99
great white shark

Postby Venom » Sun, 13Aug25 21:12

the main problem i have with the editthis.info story is:
that a lot of them are finished and will probably never be finished since people constantly edit them (hence the name), which is a good thing
however it leads to a lot of abrupt ends in the game where you are out of choices since they aren't any page for these choices yet
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby Franco » Mon, 13Aug26 00:48

The Quest Markup Language (QML) for creating choose your own adventure type games might be of interest to anyone thinking about creating these kind of games. It's free software available here: http://questml.com/

QML allows inventories, previous conditions, etc., plus graphics with hot spots and other features. QML games can be played in Explorer on your pc, or online through an Apache or Windows server.
Franco
star of the reef

Postby TheBrain » Mon, 13Aug26 00:50

Venom wrote:the main problem i have with the editthis.info story is:
that a lot of them are finished and will probably never be finished since people constantly edit them (hence the name), which is a good thing
however it leads to a lot of abrupt ends in the game where you are out of choices since they aren't any page for these choices yet

Yea.. What seems to happen is that instead of trying to tie up loose ends, people just append a linear story and include a number of unfinished choices on each page. And what they don't seem to realize is the amount of work it would take to resolve all those choices. For instance if you have two choices per page and the story is ten pages long, it has 1024 endings, assuming all choices diverge the story (which is quite likely, given the extreme choices they tend to create...).
It's kind of a shame, because I think there's quite a few people actively writing on that site. If they were more coordinated (and realized the impact of creating choices in a CYOA format..) it could lead to some pretty good stories..
TheBrain
star of the reef

Postby albert99 » Mon, 13Aug26 16:06

I think that is more of an issue with CYOA rather than the site in particular. A good way to prevent the amount of threads getting far too high but still giving the user choices is to make a few core story lines with different ways of getting there. There are a lot of dead ends on that site, but there is also a lot of good ones hidden away in there too.
albert99
great white shark

Postby Venom » Tue, 13Aug27 14:47

Any recommendations about the hidden ones you are talking about?
Venom
lagoon predator

Postby Franco » Tue, 13Aug27 22:26

About QML which I mentioned above, the creator says it's probably outdated now and would need an update to be useful today. So, QML is not something that should be used unless you are capable of updating it. I think the creator can be contacted through the main QML page cited above for anyone interested in taking it on.
Franco
star of the reef

Postby Venom » Thu, 13Aug29 19:09

TheBrain wrote:
Venom wrote:the main problem i have with the editthis.info story is:

Yea.. What seems to happen is that instead of trying to tie up loose ends, people just append a linear story and include a number of unfinished choices on each page. And what they don't seem to realize is the amount of work it would take to resolve all those choices. For instance if you have two choices per page and the story is ten pages long, it has 1024 endings, assuming all choices diverge the story (which is quite likely, given the extreme choices they tend to create...).
It's kind of a shame, because I think there's quite a few people actively writing on that site. If they were more coordinated (and realized the impact of creating choices in a CYOA format..) it could lead to some pretty good stories..

my point exactly
Venom
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games